THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will be the villian in the next Batman movie?

The Joker (again)
- 2 (2.7%)
The Mob
- 2 (2.7%)
Poison Ivy
- 0 (0%)
Catwoman
- 8 (10.7%)
Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins
- 1 (1.3%)
Bane
- 5 (6.7%)
Clayface
- 4 (5.3%)
Firefly
- 1 (1.3%)
Harleyquinn
- 4 (5.3%)
The Mad Hatter
- 3 (4%)
Man-Bat
- 1 (1.3%)
Mr. Freeze
- 3 (4%)
The Penguin
- 8 (10.7%)
The Riddler
- 18 (24%)
The Scarecrow
- 4 (5.3%)
Ventriloquist and Scarface
- 5 (6.7%)
Other (Let me know if you want me to add someone to the poll)
- 6 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)  (Read 152977 times)

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Re: The Dark Knight (SPOILERS START ON PAGE 3)
« Reply #300 on: 05 Aug 2008, 23:47 »

You'll have to kill Rupert Murdoch to do that.

Which I would not mind at all, for the record.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #301 on: 06 Aug 2008, 01:27 »

So...how does the actress who played catwoman on TV mentioning that she thinks Jolie would make a good catwoman any sort of basis for speculation about what will be in the next movie? The woman's not related to the movies in any way, nor does she have any information about it. She was giving an opinion--just like we're all doing on here. Why is it being made such a big deal of?
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #302 on: 06 Aug 2008, 08:12 »

hmm good point. that's possible. at first, i thought batman lost because it landed clean side up, which would mean it would be dark side up if he turned in on his hand (except he was holding a gun). that theory doesn't hold up for himself though...unless he was thinking the charred side meant he'd stay alive (i mean, i think for him staying alive would be worst thing possible for him and personally, i think he was getting weaker/less rational on account of the whole...burn/pain thing. parts of his face were flaking off on his pillow and suit!).

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #303 on: 06 Aug 2008, 12:15 »

Hmmmm, did Batman's flip really end up lightside up? That doesn't make much sense, since he explicitly states his deal to the Joker in the hospital, and every flip up until that point fits that paradigm (though you don't see Ramirez's result)
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
« Reply #304 on: 06 Aug 2008, 12:41 »

They should get Natalie Portman to play Robin.

...what?  There have been female Robins.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #305 on: 06 Aug 2008, 12:46 »

that's the first suggestion for Robin that i've actually thought "yeah, that could work."

she just looks a Robin.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #306 on: 06 Aug 2008, 13:01 »

that's the first suggestion for Robin that i've actually thought "yeah, that could work."

she just looks a Robin.

As in Robin in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.  For sure. 

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #307 on: 06 Aug 2008, 15:14 »

I was ten minutes into watching the Dark Knight (a process which took about five hours of work on the pirate bay) when the storm from hell knocked out the power. This is very upsetting  :x
Quote from: Sox
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Quote from: KharBevNor
PEW PEW PEW FUCK OFF SPACE

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #308 on: 06 Aug 2008, 21:16 »

Sorry for the double post, but I just finished the movie. I thought it was incredible, I loved it. I thought that the irony of the Peace dollar being used to determine whether someone lives or dies was brilliant. Heath was awesome. I am far too pumped right now to write out a fair step-by-step description of the pros and cons of this movie. I also liked how much of the architecture I recognized (I was on that bridge three days ago and my mom used to work at that "hospital" that was blown up!). If this was an ebay purchase I would totally give it an A followed by an annoying number of plus signs.
I think it's because your 'age' is really only determined by how exasperated you seem when you have to stand up.

Tergon

• The German Chancellory building
  • Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #309 on: 06 Aug 2008, 21:57 »

I've seen it twice.  I watched it on the first available screening, which was awesome.  Then I watched it again with my Dad a week later (he called me up and asked me to go with him, as he felt that a 47-year-old man couldn't really go to a Superhero movie alone and not look creepy).
Both times it was awesome.  I've got to rate it as one of the very best movies I've ever seen, and that's not just the fanboy speaking.  The writing was excellent, and all the parts were brilliantly done, especially Ledger.  I admit freely I was wondering if he'd pull it off, but I'm sorry I ever doubted it now.

As for the next villians, while signs do seem to point toward The Riddler, I'd like to see a Penguin-Freeze teamup.  They both have the "ice" theme, and it seems a logical choice now.  Begins was about becoming Batman; Dark Knight was about choosing to remain Batman; the next one should be about choosing to remain Bruce Wayne as well, and Penguin is one of the few villians who'd challenge Bruce instead of Batman.
I'm seeing a rival corporation, like Cobblepot Industries or something, making a power play against Wayne Enterprises.  Penguin is what Bruce would be if he used his wealth and influence for personal gain... maybe even more of an evil counterpart to Lucius Fox than Bruce Wayne.
Freeze would start out as just a regular, if infamous, hitman.  Have him making money to fund research on his dying wife if you wanna make him tragic.  He's hired by Penguin to take out either Bruce or Batman, whicever way it goes; naturally he fails and is badly injured.  Penguin, deciding the deal wasn't made properly, changes the wounded man into the ice-themed cyborg thing he's going to become.  Freeze and Batman clash, with Penguin trying to catch both outlaws and become a hero in the process while destroying Wayne Enterprises in the crossfire.

...yeah, I don't know.  The plot slammed its way into my head about 30 minutes after I watched The Dark Knight.  Which says something about either my sanity or the quality of the film.  But I am excited.
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Dissy

• The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #310 on: 09 Aug 2008, 17:35 »

Ooh, Fuck yea!

I dragged my parents to the IMAX to see this (I didn't want to pay, I'm a cheap bastard when I want to be).  The opening scene comes up, and my dad just looks at me, and says "I think you made an excellent choice."  Heath was excellent. Eckhardt was amazing.  Morgan Freeman was underused, unfortunately.  The plot was excellent, the shots were excellent, acting was superb.  My parents were amazed, my sister was indifferent to the whole thing.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #311 on: 09 Aug 2008, 18:40 »

One of my friends insists that the Penguin is definitely in heavy consideration for the next one, and that he will be brought in as an international arms dealer.

And if they get Philip Seymour Hoffman to play him, that would be fucking perfect.

If they do the Riddler, I think they should just have Jim Carrey play him again.  He was about the only good thing the third old Batman movie had going, and since his acting chops have gotten so much better I could totally see him doing a darker version of the role.  Basically a Professor Moriarty type.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #312 on: 09 Aug 2008, 19:51 »

I disagree. Have you seen The Number 23? That's his "thriller acting".

As for The Penguin, I don't know. Even with Two-Face and all, a deformed club owner / mobster / gun runner / whatever seems a bit grotesque. Plus it'd be hard to come up with a reason to call him "The Penguin" that wasn't dumb. And PSH, eh, didn't he play pretty much the same character in Mission Impossible 3?

As much as I found the Joker to be a not particularly interesting comics villain, they made him work quite for the Dark Knight. So they could surprise me. But none of the Big Name Batman villains look very promising to me from here on in. Riddler, maybe, but that depends on the character concept. Bane... just not enough zazz for me. Frankly it's going to be hard in any case to follow up the Joker. I don't really expect them to create a villain, but there's certainly a better chance of that happening than in any of the reference-a-minute Marvel movies.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh
« Reply #313 on: 09 Aug 2008, 22:07 »

As much as I found the Joker to be a not particularly interesting comics villain

Vuh-vuh-vuh-vuh-vuh-buh Whaaaaaat? What Batman comics have you been reading, anyway?

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #314 on: 09 Aug 2008, 22:33 »

As much as I found the Joker to be a not particularly interesting comics villain

Vuh-vuh-vuh-vuh-vuh-buh Whaaaaaat? What Batman comics have you been reading, anyway?

For the most part, the Joker has been done very, very poorly.  Hell, for most of his existence his purpose was to embarrass people.  That's all.  And his "crimes" were called "boners".  The version from the TV show was closest to his original incarnation -- a purple-suited ass.  The vile foil who truly challenges the Batman is a creation of the 80s, I believe.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #315 on: 09 Aug 2008, 23:14 »

Basically. Way back when Batman was just a detective in a costume, with a pistol and everything. I liked Nolan's / Ledger's relatively unadorned Joker, a head case who isn't "Super Sane!" or fond of gags or anything, but isn't unrelentingly grim or some Chighur-like Manifestation of Evil either.

And despite the excellent Animated Series, Batman is one of my least favorite comic heroes, so in general I'm cool to most of the stuff. If it was all like the Dark Knight I'd like it much much more. If DC decided to make a Batman comic in the Nolan universe I'd buy it. Ironically, for the abundance of Marvel films having been and being made none of them have really been as good as the Dark Knight, and DC up until this point has been seen as the fuck-ups (granted, Superman Returns was not that great) I still maintain that the first two X-Men films were pretty good, but given the tone of Marvel movies I don't see any of them ever really being this good. They're just not this... ambitious, I guess. Iron Man was fun but it had just about one viewing's worth of it. I have no interest in the Avengers, but I'm very interested in seeing where Nolan takes the third Batman film.
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2008, 23:16 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #316 on: 10 Aug 2008, 17:04 »

Tommy I'm pretty sure they can manipulate a person on camera so it appears they are shorter. Like, I'm pretty sure Elijah Wood isn't actually three or four feet tall like he appers in Lord of the Rings. Though maybe he is a short dude, I dunno. I just think with a large enough budget height would not really be an issue. Hoffman probably would make at least a resonable Penguin.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #317 on: 10 Aug 2008, 23:19 »

The Riddler as a dark, OCD, Rube Goldberg-and-puzzle-obsessed ex-scientist would basically fit into the Nolanverse perfectly, I think.

Tergon

• Grandmaster of the Order of the Dickbroom
« Reply #318 on: 11 Aug 2008, 00:38 »

Only problem I see with a realistic Riddler is how, exactly, he'd challenge Batman.  The Nolan series is so gritty and, well, bloodthirsty.  A guy who steals diamonds while leaving bizzare clues about it... there's ways to make that realistic, but I can't think of many ways he could actually pose a THREAT to Batman.  The only way I can think of is a possible Brains 'n Brawn teamup with another villian, but I can only see a cliche like that hurting the film.

I know, re-imagined versions and all, but still.  How do you keep the Riddler in style, but still make him dangerous enough for the new series?
Proud guardian of the original Useless Broom Made Entirely Out Of Dicks

Holding the line against the Rabid Fanboy Horde

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #319 on: 11 Aug 2008, 08:17 »

Hoffman is around 5'10, but they could make him look shorter. But I agree with Tommy, in Capote it was a bit weird and didn't completely work. Besides, Elijah Woods is 5'6 and I'm sure it's easier to make him appear to be much shorter, since most of the other actors in LotR were taller than he was anyways. But they did it with John Rhys-Davies and he's 6'1. He was rather convincing.
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2008, 08:21 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #320 on: 11 Aug 2008, 10:04 »

Don't forget about Martin Short's magnum opus, Clifford.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #321 on: 11 Aug 2008, 14:58 »

I'm pretty sure Elijah Wood isn't actually three or four feet tall like he appers in Lord of the Rings. Though maybe he is a short dude, I dunno.
Elijah Wood's pretty damn small. I think most of the camera trickery in LOtR was used to make John Rhys Davies into a dwarf. That elf guy had to stand on a lot of boxes.

*bah, curse you Lindsey.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

sean

• welp
« Reply #322 on: 11 Aug 2008, 15:15 »

Oh, I actually thought John Rhys-Davies was a short dude. I would of used him as an example if I didn't think that.

The more you know!
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Vendetagainst

• Scrabble hacker
  • Too orangey for crows
« Reply #323 on: 11 Aug 2008, 15:16 »

...The more time you spend curled up in a ball.

Border Reiver

• Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #324 on: 11 Aug 2008, 15:18 »

John Rhys-Davies was actually one of the taller actors in the movies.  I think that Mr. Lee was probably the only one taller.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Dissy

• The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #325 on: 13 Aug 2008, 07:55 »

One of my friends insists that the Penguin is definitely in heavy consideration for the next one, and that he will be brought in as an international arms dealer.

Has no one read the interview with Nolan saying he would never, ever use the penguin?  He called him a "too-far fetched character."
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

knives

• Furry furrier
« Reply #326 on: 13 Aug 2008, 15:05 »

For the most part, the Joker has been done very, very poorly.  Hell, for most of his existence his purpose was to embarrass people.  That's all.  And his "crimes" were called "boners".  The version from the TV show was closest to his original incarnation -- a purple-suited ass.  The vile foil who truly challenges the Batman is a creation of the 80s, I believe.
While I agree he's been mostly done poorly He started off real similar to the dark knight version. For a good example look at the laughing fish episode from the old teevee show. It's based on one of the earlier comics.

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #327 on: 14 Aug 2008, 07:21 »

The Joker was really only very light in the 50s and 60s, when all of Batman was pretty light anyway.

In the first appearances of The Joker he was pretty dark and ominous. The debut Joker story back in like 1940 or some shit was Batman trying to stop The Joker from murdering prominent Gotham citizens.

Around the same time that Batman got really campy and the Bat-family included Ace the Bathound and the Batmite was when Joker was essentially just a criminal prankster.

So ya, no, the TV version is absolutely nothing like the "original incarnation" but just like the version from the comics at the time. Basically like everything on that TV show was just like Batman comics had been for a while.

You could kind of make a case for the fact that The Joker hasn't always been the foil to Batman, that has been explored more in the past few decades than ever before, but that's just a result of his prominence and longevity as a Batman villain, and not really a result of some fresh and "new" tone from the 80s that's actually about 60 years old.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2008, 07:24 by JediBendu »

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #328 on: 14 Aug 2008, 07:42 »

I think the Joker's longevity as a villain comes down to the fact that as a dude who is totally without superpowers he still manages to convey a certain level of creepiness. Even if he's just creating criminal pranks the fact that there is an evil clown running around the city pretty much doing whatever he wants is kind of a freaky thought. Even when he was campy he was incredibly threatening if you read him from the perspective of what he is capable of actually doing.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

JediBendu

• Furry furrier
« Reply #329 on: 14 Aug 2008, 07:59 »

Exactly. The Joker is such a great villain because he could do anything at anytime and for any reason.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #330 on: 14 Aug 2008, 18:23 »

Going to the IMAX tomorrow night with Est and Eris to see this again.

Rad.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #331 on: 15 Aug 2008, 23:38 »

And now, it is once again time for random speculation

indeed

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #332 on: 15 Aug 2008, 23:52 »

Damn, some people on the internets are talented.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #333 on: 16 Aug 2008, 00:01 »

I wish I was.

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
« Reply #334 on: 16 Aug 2008, 01:02 »

Oh God that has me salivating.

Also I loved this movie (although I won't even begin to say it's my all time favorite), but I really felt like it should have been two movies instead. Not because I wanted Two-Face to have his own movie (and in fact, I think his whole progression works perfectly in tune with Joker's, being one who's calculative and yet, ultimately, a servant of chaos, Joker trying to use him to show people who they really can be underneath and whatnot) but because even at two and a half hours the entire movie felt rushed. As others have said, the gaps between scenes are sometimes too much of a stretch (especially after Joker pushes Rachel out the window and Batman jumps after her, there is simply no logical progression in my head that leads from that to the next scene without some important action stopping Joker from turning the place inside-out looking for Dent), and I don't know if anyone else sensed this but I felt that almost every single line in the movie was delivered in a very hurried manner. It was as if they got the lines down pat and then the Nolans said "okay now I need you to do that twice as fast, we're short on time." There were almost no pauses in conversations and no downtime between important sequences except for the too often-used "let's build obvious suspense" scenes with that absolutely annoying sound that's (as best I can tell) a cross between awful chords on poor string samples and nails on a chalkboard. I just would have liked better pacing, particularly at the beginning of the movie (more Joker exposition less hilarious Hong Kong hi-jinks please) and as Dent transforms (for lack of a better word) into Two-Face. Someone speculated that there must be a three- or four-hour cut of this movie out there? I almost would have taken it ending at two hours with Joker driving the cop car into the night and Dent in a hospital bed, then picking up again with more time invested in both Dent and Bruce (Jesus Christ does the man not care that the woman he loved and thought loved him just died? He had like six seconds of grief) coming to grips with what has happened, and Joker continuing to attempt smaller "social experiments," growing more and more frustrated as they continue to fail (the people still looking up to their White Knight, who they idealize as some kind of martyr, calling for him to return and finish the fight for their city) until he is finally driven to unleashing Two-Face on the streets and pulling the boat incident.

Oh why oh why did I just spend so long typing all this out I should just go to bed now...
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #335 on: 16 Aug 2008, 07:43 »

I just saw the film again at the IMAX. It was really great and I can't wait for the next one, hopefully they won't use the Riddler and they'll go for a better villain like Bane or something. Or maybe, as Est suggested after we got out of the theatre, that because Ledger won't be able to do the Joker again they actually will revive Harvey Two Face which is what I'm hoping for. He's too good a villain to let him be killed off like that.

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #336 on: 16 Aug 2008, 08:45 »

Love that Dark Knight Returns poster, although I'd prefer that particular title was reserved for an adaptation of the Miller graphic novel.

I'd quite like to see a Nolan take on the Riddler, but hell, my faith in Nolan is such that they could name the most ridiculous villain from the rogues gallery, and I wouldn't worry cause I'm sure they could reinterpret as something kick-ass.

Also not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but the batman that never begun.

Sounds potentially brilliant. A new villain, opens the story out with even the hardcore fans unsure of what could happen (although possibly bitching about something new being featured ahead of their own favorite). A plot set in Arkham Asylum, just has loads of potential for all kinds of dark creepiness, with Batman off home territory to a certain degree, forced to fight on the villains turf.
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #337 on: 16 Aug 2008, 15:12 »

I'd love if we had a Nolan-Whedon team up. Give Batman a reason to be in Arkham, i.e. visiting a friend, and then he can run into the some more of the Asylum's inmates.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #338 on: 16 Aug 2008, 20:26 »

Actually that sounds just about exactly like the Batman game they're making.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #339 on: 16 Aug 2008, 20:36 »

Yeah, Batman: Arkham Asylum sounds decent, actually. It'd be neat if a good DC game came out one of these days.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #340 on: 16 Aug 2008, 21:36 »

The NES Batman game was good.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #341 on: 16 Aug 2008, 21:57 »

i am surprisingly excited for that Arkham Asylum game. there was a decent-sized spread about it in the new Game Informer and man, it sounds rad.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #342 on: 16 Aug 2008, 23:22 »

It'd be the first decent Eidos game in a while, too.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

britMonster

• Furry furrier
« Reply #343 on: 18 Aug 2008, 12:40 »

Hmmmm, did Batman's flip really end up lightside up? That doesn't make much sense, since he explicitly states his deal to the Joker in the hospital, and every flip up until that point fits that paradigm (though you don't see Ramirez's result)

He wasn't flipping it over on his hand. It landed charred side up when he shot batman. It landed good side up when he didn't shoot himself. He caught it in his hand and went with that result.

Hoffman is around 5'10, but they could make him look shorter. But I agree with Tommy, in Capote it was a bit weird and didn't completely work. Besides, Elijah Woods is 5'6 and I'm sure it's easier to make him appear to be much shorter, since most of the other actors in LotR were taller than he was anyways. But they did it with John Rhys-Davies and he's 6'1. He was rather convincing.

They had Elijah stand in a hole or something when they weren't showing his feet.
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2008, 12:49 by britMonster »
britMonster is all hot and bothered by the thought of febreeze.

you're invited : www.lost.eu/75505

Sylens21

« Reply #344 on: 18 Aug 2008, 13:42 »

Wait, what?  Arkham Asylum game?

Like, based on the graphic novel of the same name?  Or completely original idea?  Either way, I just became excited again.

Too much excitement in one day might make me combust, though.  Gotta tone it down.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #345 on: 18 Aug 2008, 14:00 »

Both.

I was reading the Game Informer article about it yesterday, and it sounds really great.

It's heavily based on the various Arkham Asylum comics(including A Serious House on Serious Earth) about the history of the place and the various people inside it, but the story itself is completely original (and being written by Paul Dini), about the Joker intentionally getting sent to Arkham, breaking free, and unleashing Batman's entire rogues gallery upon him as he tries to get to something hidden deep inside the asylum. They teased that they're going to get the Batman: TAS cast for the voice acting. It uses an open world system similar to a Metroid or Castlevania game, instead of a GTA, taking place entirely in the asylum. The gameplay sounds really inspired and Batman-y. Most of the puzzles require detective work and the use of gadgets and such to find clues, the combat has loads of options to play through the game, opting for using gadgets, skulking in the shadows and taking thugs out quickly, or just going one-on-one against them and beating the crap out of them.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Sylens21

« Reply #346 on: 18 Aug 2008, 15:31 »

[nerdgasm]Hurrrrrr[/nerdgasm]

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #347 on: 18 Aug 2008, 15:41 »

yeah, pretty much.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #348 on: 18 Aug 2008, 15:57 »

It sounds like Condemned. If it turns out like that game I'm going to end up seriously bored.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #349 on: 18 Aug 2008, 16:20 »

From reading the article, it sounds like Condemned only good instead of kind of crappy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up