THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 14:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comic 1137 Posting false and potentially harmful information.  (Read 21314 times)

diggitydug

Dear fellow QC readers.

Todays comic has prompted me to end my long time lurking in the hopes to save some angst and trouble among all of you. Please understand that I am doing this for the good of the world.

Honey can NOT be used as a personal lubricant. For the following reasons:

1) Putting sugar in a warm dark place might be nice for your coffee, but not for your girlfriend. Er COMPLICATIONS will ensue with her personal health about 3-5 days later. For the sake of public decency this is all the detail I will give.
2) When used as a personal lubricant, honey tends to run into places that honey was never inteded to go. As most of these unintended places also (usually) have some level of hair. Cleanup is not a fun thing.
3) Lets all remember what we learned in physics class: Sticky + Friction = Bad

Thank you all for your time, and If I have kept the bee juce from one bedside table, I feel like my work here is done.

Thanks
 - The Management
   (not really)

Lukahn

Yeah, I came out of lurking for the same reason. High risk of yeast infection there.

Though I do think it's fairly safe to lick off of areas not near naughty bits. :P

unoriginalcoffee

With relevance to the unusual use of condiments...

Is the peanut butter thing true?!

This may save my life some day, or at least my hair (comes to the same thing). So speaks the chewing-gum magnet. Glurgh.

Yes, I probably could rename myself Raven for sheer gullibility. But thought I should check...!

Lukahn

Is the peanut butter thing true?!

Yeah, it is. Though it's just the peanut oil it that does it, you can use other oily stuff as well.

quix0te

• Emoticontraindication

Wow.  I logged into the forums just to clear up the honey thing too.  Wierd.
It causes yeast infections. Bad news.

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU

A yeast infection sounds like just punishment for taking sex advice from a fictional talking robot in an online comic. 

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I lol'ed anyway.

You guys all seriously signed up to warn people about yeast infections? You're all so caring; are you doctors?

Also, I heard freezing gum made it easier to remove, but I guess this doesn't work when it's on your head (unless you want to sit in a freezer I guess).
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Mars

• Emoticontraindication

All these folk coming out of lurk to gainsay honey as a personal lubricant has prompted me to come out of lurk to point out it was a frikkin' joke.

Anyone who takes sex advice from Pintsize deserves whatever consequences befall them.

I have no idea if these people are sincere. I would like to think no. Is it naive to believe that other people could not possibly be so naive? Confusing stuff.

C Patrick Carolan

Also, I heard freezing gum made it easier to remove, but I guess this doesn't work when it's on your head (unless you want to sit in a freezer I guess).

You can use an ice cube or coldpack to freeze the gum if it's in your hair.

But yeah, oils like what you'll find in peanut butter are usually better anyway.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

Who the hell thinks honey could possibly be a good lubricant?  Wasn't it obvious that it was a joke?

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor

Anyone who describes something as "foolproof" has clearly underestimated the ingenuity of the average fool.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.

Who the hell thinks honey could possibly be a good lubricant?  Wasn't it obvious that it was a joke?

See, this is what happens when you put your faith in the internet.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me

Well, I guess the idea is that it tastes good... And since certain things can get a bit sweaty and not good-tasting then...

If you get my point.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch

...Honestly, I am hoping that everyone is smart enough to know better then to do such a thing.
And if they aren't, then frankly they probably deserve the discomfort coming to them.

Lukahn

If you think people are smart enough to know not to do this, then you're giving them too much credit. Just read the weekly comic thread on it. :P

Thaes

• Furry furrier

And now, thanks to certain kind of people having read QC, every jar of honey must include the warning: "Not to be used as lubricant"...

Sadly, that ain´t even the worst sexual warning a product can have.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch

Perhaps we should also attach that warning label to glue - just in case.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

danjc2

anybody who falls for the honey in the short and curleys HAS to deserve it... honestly, honey as a sexual lubricant? that's like using gardening tools for surgery - messy, clumsy and going to be painful.

Now, a couple of other substances would be interesting. could you use cream? that'd be interesting...

Bridgebrain

cream has sugar in it. Same rule applys as honey.

snalin

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • You may Baste me

What, the lactose? Because the average from-fat-milk whipped cream dosen't have any other kinds of sugar than that.
I am a cowboy / on a steel horse I ride
I am wanted / Dead or alive

irishguy

I think I find the concerned responses on the forums almost funnier than Pintsize's comment. Yes, advice from a fictional deranged robot in a webcomic (great as it is).

Bridgebrain

What, the lactose? Because the average from-fat-milk whipped cream dosen't have any other kinds of sugar than that.

Yup, thats what I was referring to. Lactose sugar's a sugar still

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch

If you think people are smart enough to know not to do this, then you're giving them too much credit. Just read the weekly comic thread on it. :P

...The WCT is not the best place to look for "smart people".
No offense to anyone, but seriously...

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.

Perhaps we should also attach that warning label to glue - just in case.

in b4 best joke ever
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Reminds me of the lubricant scene from Spider Robinson's _Night of Power_. Someone who richly deserved what was about to happen to him told a 13-year-old he was going to rape her. She said she didn't want to chafe him by being too tight and that he was welcome to use this tube of lube in her purse. He applied it to himself with both hands, not realizing until a moment too late that what she had handed him was not in fact lube, but was instead a tube of superglue.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Electrified Sprinkles

Dear fellow QC readers.

Todays comic has prompted me to end my long time lurking in the hopes to save some angst and trouble among all of you. Please understand that I am doing this for the good of the world.

Honey can NOT be used as a personal lubricant. For the following reasons:

1) Putting sugar in a warm dark place might be nice for your coffee, but not for your girlfriend. Er COMPLICATIONS will ensue with her personal health about 3-5 days later. For the sake of public decency this is all the detail I will give.
2) When used as a personal lubricant, honey tends to run into places that honey was never inteded to go. As most of these unintended places also (usually) have some level of hair. Cleanup is not a fun thing.
3) Lets all remember what we learned in physics class: Sticky + Friction = Bad

Thank you all for your time, and If I have kept the bee juce from one bedside table, I feel like my work here is done.

Thanks
 - The Management
   (not really)

Thats it. You just solved my problem of whether I should take Statistics or Physics next year.
Looks like Physics wins.

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART

Shit, and here I am taking Chemistry next year.

But dudes, do you really think Pintsize would be talking about vaginal lubrication? I see an obvious flaw there...
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

catbhn21

Yeah, honey is perfectly good lubricant for a chocolate cake mix eating robot!

SleeperCylon

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

This thread is making me think of that scene in House with the strawberry jelly.   :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up