THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 07:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dora has a purple twin?  (Read 6576 times)

DCL88

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Dora has a purple twin?
« on: 14 May 2008, 17:08 »

So... I just saw this that kinda got my attention
The random waitress chick on comic 516 (panel 3) looks exactly as Dora on the most recent comic I could find her (being 1139).
>_>

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
Re: Dora has a purple twin?
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2008, 17:28 »

Random waitress chick... you mean Raven?

jill the ripper

« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2008, 17:35 »

Faye, Dora and Raven are the only characters in 516.

And there is no purple in it at all.
Are you sure you have the right strip?

DCL88

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #3 on: 14 May 2008, 17:44 »

My bad... wrong strip 561 not 516 >_>

jill the ripper

« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2008, 17:47 »

OHWOW.
that's a little bit creepy.
;d

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2008, 17:59 »

Shock and horror?

EDIT:
[...] also remember she dyes her hair.

So does the waitress. (Unless people can be born with naturally purple hair in the comic universe.)
« Last Edit: 15 May 2008, 19:25 by bicostp »

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2008, 14:13 »

She just has one of those faces. also remember she dyes her hair.
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2008, 14:42 »

That's clearly the Evil Dora from an alternate time line. In her time line, her love for Marty goes unrequited while Marten and a happy-go-lucky Faye enjoy a healthy relationship. In a fit of jealousy, she steals Raven's time machine (Raven is actually a brilliant physicist, more on this later) to strike at Faye at her weakest point: her father. Using her powers of seduction, she leads him down a path of adultery, drug addiction, and ultimately suicidal despair. The comic you point to is her checking in on herself and Marten at the moment they become involved. She's basically ensuring the success of her plan. Raven tried to go back to stop Dora, but Dora (who we know has some rather strong computer skills) hacked the time machine's central computer before she left, so Raven wasn't able to get back far enough. Unable to to save Faye's father, she settled for the next best thing: she befriended Dora and tried to gently guide her towards good. She knew that having a brilliant scientist play Yoda would just bother Dora, so she adopted the persona of ditsy sidekick, all the while giving Dora things to be happy about, occasionally reminding her to think of puppies, and most of all, conspiring to ensure that she gets the man she wants, because Raven knows too well the consequences if she doesn't.

Either that, or Jeph just likes drawing faces like that.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2008, 15:21 »

That's clearly the Evil Dora from an alternate time line. In her time line, her love for Marty goes unrequited while Marten and a happy-go-lucky Faye enjoy a healthy relationship. In a fit of jealousy, she steals Raven's time machine (Raven is actually a brilliant physicist, more on this later) to strike at Faye at her weakest point: her father. Using her powers of seduction, she leads him down a path of adultery, drug addiction, and ultimately suicidal despair. The comic you point to is her checking in on herself and Marten at the moment they become involved. She's basically ensuring the success of her plan. Raven tried to go back to stop Dora, but Dora (who we know has some rather strong computer skills) hacked the time machine's central computer before she left, so Raven wasn't able to get back far enough. Unable to to save Faye's father, she settled for the next best thing: she befriended Dora and tried to gently guide her towards good. She knew that having a brilliant scientist play Yoda would just bother Dora, so she adopted the persona of ditsy sidekick, all the while giving Dora things to be happy about, occasionally reminding her to think of puppies, and most of all, conspiring to ensure that she gets the man she wants, because Raven knows too well the consequences if she doesn't.

Either that, or Jeph just likes drawing faces like that.

Dude.
I think you have less of a life than me.
Wow.

They do look alike though.

Surgoshan

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2008, 18:28 »

I'm pretty sure Evil Dora is supposed to be at least part asian.

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #10 on: 16 May 2008, 07:50 »

Dude.
I think you have less of a life than me.
Wow.

Nah. I have a great life. I just have a sometimes-boring job. And that really only took a couple minutes to write.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #11 on: 23 May 2008, 07:56 »

Dear god you're right!!!

Think of the implications for the QCverse drama. Marten inadvertantly ends up cheating on Dora?

Daggor

« Reply #12 on: 23 May 2008, 13:49 »

Dear god you're right!!!

Think of the implications for the QCverse drama. Marten inadvertantly ends up cheating on Dora?
Marten also has a purple twin, this is CRUCIAL to my theory on the end of QC.

Static

« Reply #13 on: 25 May 2008, 20:52 »

The end of QC is that they all die stranded in the desert and are eaten by the indietits birds.  Then Pavement does a reunion show with instruments made from their bones.  I think there's a cat in there too, but it might just be all this PCP i'm doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up