THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 17:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preparing for the Deli Wars!  (Read 3845 times)

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
Preparing for the Deli Wars!
« on: 15 May 2008, 23:33 »

So I have a friend that is moving back up to Maryland after a failed try at getting out and moving to North Carolina. Today, he IM'ed me with a strange command. "Phil, when I get back this Saturday, we are going to get started on making a giant sandwich costume."

And so I said, "Yes we are. But then we're going to make a giant Soda to go with it."

So we're going to start preparing for next Halloween early this year it seems like. Actually, it'll be pretty much the first Halloween I've ever prepared for, but it boils down to this. Our theme is Deli Wars. He is going to be a large sub sandwich in a wrapper, and he is going to wield an enormous plastic fork and knife. I'm going to be a giant soda, with my head going to be part of a bendy straw and wielding a plastic lid shield and a giant toothpick with an olive on it as a hand guard. It was made for stabbin' sandwiches. This is all going to be fashioned through the clever use of costume foam, PVC pipe and spray paint.

I'm basically making this thread to keep people posted on our progress, and also ask what have other people done for Halloween costumes in the past, DIY-wise? How elaborate has your stuff gotten and most importantly, do you have pictures?! Also, any advice to proceed with this stuff, any hints or tricks to make things go smoother would be appreciated. Neither of us have done anything of the magnitude we're attempting with this project, and we want it perfect, which is why we're starting right now, with 6 months prep.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
Re: Preparing for the Deli Wars!
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2008, 14:30 »

Oh. My. God.

Marry me.

No, I'm serious.

I never got to dress up for Halloween. You have to post more pictures than is humanely possible (you can do that, you're an internet person, that's a paradox in itself) and then I will love you forever.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2008, 14:39 »

I am dressing up as ABBA with some friends this Halloween. The only component of our costumes will be tin foil.

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2008, 17:37 »

Master shake style?
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Apple Pie

• Plantmonster
  • Chicks flashing PCI slots doesn't do much for me.
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2008, 19:36 »

You = gold.

I second the request for photos. Many photos.

:-D

"Did your Man Jesus ever have a wife?"
"No, but his girlfriend was a whore."
"Well...that's a start."

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2008, 15:35 »

I'm thinking to make mine look more like armor, but we'll probably look through a couple ideas. I know I want a more colorful cup design complete with fake and funny logo full of innuendo. If you've got any ideas, I have no problem stealing them to use in my design.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp
« Reply #6 on: 17 May 2008, 16:28 »

Phil I have nothing to say besides that this is the best idea mankind has ever spawned.

Thank you for existing.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Rolling20s

• Emoticontraindication
  • Panda loves you!
« Reply #7 on: 30 May 2008, 07:43 »

I third the vote for pics. Epic does not even begin to describe this idea. Well played.
Stephen Malkmus has entered my life. I... I never knew...
Pages: [1]   Go Up