THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 17:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The closest you've gotten to / are with artists  (Read 79642 times)

Halitosis

• Not quite a lurker
Re: The closest you've gotten to / are with artists
« Reply #100 on: 13 Jun 2008, 14:15 »

Went to a restaurant, and the entire band of Metallica was seated at the table directly behind me. Not joking.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #101 on: 14 Jun 2008, 09:31 »

I wasn't counting the email interview I had with Jason Newsted after he left Metallica, but what the hell. Why not.

(I was on Echobrain's street team. Ended up getting a package in the mail one day with their first video on VHS and a return address that simply read "J. Newsted")
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

reu

« Reply #102 on: 14 Jun 2008, 15:55 »

i've supported Operator Please and played ping pong with them.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #103 on: 14 Jun 2008, 16:01 »

...they didn't write a song about it, did they??
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

reu

« Reply #104 on: 14 Jun 2008, 16:05 »

...they didn't write a song about it, did they??

haha, i got one of them to play with it with, because of the song.

Jedit

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #105 on: 14 Jun 2008, 16:30 »

JJ Cale's keyboardist, Rocky Frisco, is a friend of mine. 

(Rocky's own claim, if he chose to make it, would eclipse that of everyone here - he was friends with Elvis in the late 50's.)
Warning - while you were typing 14 new replies have been posted. Empires have risen and fallen. New species have evolved, and they too have invented webcomics. You may wish to review your post.

Chaostamer

« Reply #106 on: 16 Jun 2008, 22:19 »

I've also met and talked with the drummers from System of  Down and Incubus, not that I'm into those bands anymore but it was cool at the time.

If I met Incubus, I'd just want to talk to Ben Kenney the whole time.  And even then, I'd just be using him to find some way to stalk The Roots.  Because ?uestlove and his epic hair (:mrgreen:) are just awesome.  If I could talk to anyone in the music business, I'd definitely talk to him.  That said, I don't have any stories of my own yet.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #107 on: 17 Jun 2008, 07:58 »

I have hung out with the lead singer of Jimmy's band.  He's a pretty cool guy.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #108 on: 17 Jun 2008, 08:04 »

Man, what are you talking about? The dude is a total ass and doesn't even have a real Australian accent.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

carrotosaurus

• The German Chancellory building
  • Anarchy in black.
    • ct indie
« Reply #109 on: 17 Jun 2008, 09:15 »

- I've met Eric Gaffney from Sebadoh on many occasions, and he hit on my girlfriend once. If you ever go to The Basement in Northampton, chances are you'll run into him.
- I shook Wayne Coyne's hand and he shot confetti at me from a confetti cannon in Times Square before the New Years show.
- I've met The Essex Green and The Shout Out Louds at their concert.
- Julian Koster played a show at a friend of a friend's backyard, and he wore a Sgt. Pepper's outfit the entire weekend. There was also a guy that played called 8bit Gorilla that was just some guy in a gorilla costume doing 80s flashdance moves to Neil Young.
- I've recorded at the studios of two people, one who hangs out with and records Edgar and Johnny Winter on a regular basis and the other who is the audio engineer for Guitar Hero, and has recorded Slash and a bunch of others.

sc13ntific

• Plantmonster
« Reply #110 on: 17 Jun 2008, 09:24 »

Meatjack slept at my house after a show at the Nybinghi (RIP).  Was Bobby (High Times) Black's assistant/concierge for the first Emmissions From the Monolith Festival. 

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #111 on: 17 Jun 2008, 12:03 »

Julian Koster played a show at a friend of a friend's backyard, and he wore a Sgt. Pepper's outfit the entire weekend.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aegir

« Reply #112 on: 17 Jun 2008, 23:03 »

I met Al Jardine from the Beach Boys the other day, shook his hand, and said "Al! I love you man!" I also high-fived the drummer from the band Al was playing with, David Logeman, who used to drum for Frank Zappa and Jan & Dean.

I was at a party a few months ago and I met the guy who wrote some song by Lifehouse. I can't remember which one because I don't really know anything about Lifehouse.

I went to see Peter Yarrow from Peter Paul and Mary perform at Barnes and Noble and I made sure to get there really early. He didn't really have any roadies so he and one other guy set up the mics and Peter walked around the room talking to everyone while he was setting up. Afterwards when he was signing stuff, I presented him with my copy of an original 60s-era PPM vinyl and he said to his daughter (keep in mind I'm only 20), "This is one of our original fans, he's been with us since the 60s, since he was just a little boychik."

During Yo La Tengo's acoustic tour, I was sitting pretty close to the stage and I shouted "You guys should play Pass the Hatchet all acoustic, 'cause it'll be funny," (Pass the Hatchet I Think I'm Goodkind being one of their hardest-rockin' songs). Ira angrily responded, "Funny? We don't do things to be funny!" and then they played the hardest, most electric version of Pass the Hatchet I'd ever seen.

A few years ago I saw Michale Graves (from the Misfits) and after the show I tried discussing politics with him, because during his performance he was talking about being a Republican and how he used to be in the military. I don't think he took me very seriously. After that, I got him to sign my wallet.

I don't know if anyone's heard of The Banner, but I know one of their guitar players.

My brother's friend's father dated Cyndi Lauper.

My friend's uncle wrote the Mission Impossible theme song.

Jedit

« Reply #113 on: 18 Jun 2008, 04:46 »

During Yo La Tengo's acoustic tour, I was sitting pretty close to the stage and I shouted "You guys should play Pass the Hatchet all acoustic, 'cause it'll be funny," (Pass the Hatchet I Think I'm Goodkind being one of their hardest-rockin' songs). Ira angrily responded, "Funny? We don't do things to be funny!" and then they played the hardest, most electric version of Pass the Hatchet I'd ever seen.

How exactly did they manage to play an electric version of a song on an acoustic rig?
Warning - while you were typing 14 new replies have been posted. Empires have risen and fallen. New species have evolved, and they too have invented webcomics. You may wish to review your post.

Dagdason

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #114 on: 18 Jun 2008, 12:57 »

I shook hands with David Dramon of Disturbed, had about a thirty minute convo with him before the concert, and took a picture of my girlfriend-at-the-time giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Also, I've hung out with Slayer for about twenty minutes.

I met Ziggy Marley at a club he was playing at.

I sold Billy-Ray Sirus (sp?) a computer while I was working at Fry's.

I met two of the Pussy Cat Dolls at a club.

And, lastly, I sold another computer to Hailey Duff.

rosary

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #115 on: 18 Jun 2008, 14:37 »

- Tried on Shiny Toy Guns' pants. Two pairs. They were/are good friends of my roomie at the time and did laundry at our place a when in town (before they went all bigtime)

- Made out with lead singer of Crystal Castles during an afterparty they attended at our place. Health was staying with us that night as well, and the lead singer had his shoes stolen in the chaos.

- Kill Hannah came to a party we put on (lead singer ended up crashing there). Friend of mine talked to the lead singer for a half hour wearing nothing but tighty whiteys, strung out on pills.

- Had a long discussion with lead singer of Adult. about her dress post-show. Her mother hand sewed it. Also, she's adorable.

- Kiss Kiss broke up in our living room (upon doing research, it seems they're back together. dammit.)

- Hugged the lead singer of Xiu Xiu. And his cousin (the keyboardist) on stage post-show. Strangest concert I've ever attended. So so tense. Band was very approachable and I was very drunk.

- Got crazily drunk with Klaxons post-show at some local bar. Jesus those chaps can drink.

- Punched Gavin Rossdale in the back three times during a concert.

- Went thrift store shopping with Blonde Redhead when they were in town. Met them on the street, and they asked where the good ones were hidden. We spent a few hours trying on clothes with Kazu and Amedeo. So so nice. They thanked us during the show.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2008, 15:05 by rosary »

muffy

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #116 on: 18 Jun 2008, 15:09 »

:-)

rosary

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #117 on: 18 Jun 2008, 15:12 »

Yeah it was back in 2000? during the MTV Moby & Bush college tour thing. Hated Bush, loved Moby (at the time. yeesh.). About halfway through the show, he wanders out into the audience, still singing, and comes right to my row. He's walking in front of me singing -- and I distinctly remember this -- that Chemicals Between Us abortion of a track, and I feel like I need to do something. I mean, Gavin Rossdale is standing in front of me .

So, I punch him.

Thrice.

Not terribly hard, as there's securty around him, but hard enough that it's audible for a few seconds over the mic.

Proudest moment of my teenage life.

himynameisjulien

« Reply #118 on: 22 Jun 2008, 19:19 »

My best friend is Wilson Zellar, son of Martin Zellar, as a soloist and in Martin Zellar and the Hardways. I also keep Elvis Presley locked in my closet, so that wins distance-wise.
For those who don't know, I was serious about the first and joking about the second. No need to Google "Julien keeps Elvis in closet theory"

MobyDickhole

• Larger than most fish
  • I'd rather be procrastinating
« Reply #119 on: 29 Jun 2008, 17:25 »

Probably my coolest story was when I went to an after-party on the roof of the Henry Fonda Theatre with members of the Shout Out Louds after their last show of their tour. It was pretty awesome, I was at the show on a press pass (I write for a magazine at Cal State Long Beach) and the pass was also admission to the party.
I talked to Adam Olenius for a little bit. He is such a nice guy, but he was kind of busy talking to people. We talked a little bit about music, He mentioned being a fan of Tom Waits and Swedish music in general.

I've talked to Kevin Barnes a couple times. At the first of Montreal show I went to, I also talked to Matthew Paris Dawson while he was still the bassist for the band for quite a while. He talked about his hat which was purchased at a TJ Maxx in Atlanta. He's a really cool guy. I saw of Montreal again (at a much bigger show) and I walked up to the bassist and said something along the lines of "great show... Matt right?" to which he replied that he was in fact Dave, the band's new bassist. He talked about being an of Montreal fan before getting into a band and how awesome that was, about the bands ever-increasing popularity and this and that it was a pretty cool conversation. BP Helium complimented me on my shirt.

I interviewed Jeffery Lewis who is a pretty awesome anti-folk artist while browsing the used CD racks of my local record store after seeing him open for The Mountain Goats the night before. It was a really cool interview except that I am not very good at doing interviews.

I talked to the members of Film School after they played an in-store at the same record store (fingerprints records in long beach)

Those are the ones that come to mind right now.
And without further ado, I am done typing.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #120 on: 29 Jun 2008, 19:04 »

My friend's uncle wrote the Mission Impossible theme song.

LALOOOOOOOOO SCHIFFFFFRRRIIIIIIINNNNN
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #121 on: 30 Jun 2008, 00:42 »

Buck 65 threw a pack of mentos at my face. The fruity kind. Dude used to be a shortstop, so he can throw pretty hard. I didn't catch it (and the crowd made an audible "awww" sound in response) but a cute girl picked it up for me and I split it with her. Buck and I chatted for about an hour after his set. He's a sweetheart.

When I was nary a child of 4, I came upon David Lee Roth in a San Francisco supermarket. He was there with his supermodel girlfriend, and he gazed upon the assortment of deli meats on display and said "cool!" (my mom told me about this, I barely remember it)

I met James Iha and Billy Howerdel at Denver International Airport security. They had played a A Perfect Circle show the night before at Red Rocks that I could not attend. Billy Howerdel's a really nice guy, even if his solo stuff is excruciating. James Iha is a tremendous dick. Looking back on it, Jeordie White was probably also there but I didn't know who he was at the time and thus did not address him.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Alternative_Pixie

« Reply #122 on: 30 Jun 2008, 02:54 »

Ricky Osbourne from Eddison is my boyfriend's step-uncle.

John Schneck from Relient K emailed me back, telling me how to play my favourite song of theirs.

I realize I am shamed for liking Relient K.  I miss the days before they were popular.  *sigh*

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!
« Reply #123 on: 30 Jun 2008, 12:43 »

I was next in line after Coolio at the checkout of the music store and talked to him for a minutes or so. He had a really cracked-out voice.
"You play in a band?"
- "Yeah."
"What you play?"
- (me holding two packs of guitar strings and 5 picks in my hand) "Guitar and sometimes cello."
"Cool. I dig that. Need to use more weird instruments in bands yo."
That was mostly it.

Then I ran into Westlife (looking hungover as hell) in the Mexico City airport. What was 10 times more terrifying was the mob of teenage girls that was chasing them and almost zerg-rushed my group.

My good friend Jen's brother is playing at the Winnipeg folk festival and is being mentored / coached / whatevered by the singer of the Weakerthans.

I know about 30% of the current world of rap music through a college friend who is a very successful DJ and radio host.
Which, of course, means that I've never met any of them. It's a degrees-of-separation thing.

I shook the hand of the Pantéon Rococo guitarist after their show at a festival in 2006 and told him in semi-fluent Spanish how awesome I found their set.

Aaaaaand the singer of the Dropkick Murphys waved around my crutch at a show.

Sadly, I can't say I really know any of these people.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

FaultyRiot

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #124 on: 07 Jul 2008, 08:07 »

I shook Tony Levins hand after his first show where he was all alone. He played the stick for most of the show
You were once shoved headfirst through someone's vagina. Why are you acting so dignified?
                                                                                     -xkcd

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #125 on: 07 Jul 2008, 09:48 »

Yeah it was back in 2000? during the MTV Moby & Bush college tour thing. Hated Bush, loved Moby (at the time. yeesh.). About halfway through the show, he wanders out into the audience, still singing, and comes right to my row. He's walking in front of me singing -- and I distinctly remember this -- that Chemicals Between Us abortion of a track, and I feel like I need to do something. I mean, Gavin Rossdale is standing in front of me .

So, I punch him.

Thrice.

Not terribly hard, as there's securty around him, but hard enough that it's audible for a few seconds over the mic.

Proudest moment of my teenage life.

My friend Mitch and I thank you very much. We recently had to review some of his abysmal solo efforts and so now hate him more than before.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

screamingfool

• Emoticontraindication
  • the terrible parable
« Reply #126 on: 07 Jul 2008, 11:01 »

- Kissed Carla Bozulich.

I honestly didn't think I would have that many to list.

screw Ian Macaye, this is the best thing on here. i used to be totally obsessed with Carla Bozulich, at one point i was invited to a party she was supposed to be at and flew to LA to be there - in the end i missed her :/ Carla called my girlfriend because we had bought a shirt from her and a year later she found the check on the floor as she was getting ready to tour europe and asked if it was still okay to cash it. It wasn't okay and we payed her at the next show she did in town, and she kissed my girlfriend. Recently at a Evangelista show she climbed off the stage and held my friends head, sung into his ear then did the same for another friend on the other side of me. I was a little put out.

A friend of mine used to date Tom Waits' daughter, though the closest i've been to him was watching in awe as he bought a banana at a grocery store.

I run into Azeem at the natural grocery store often and think how hypocritical his organic food revolutionaries song is. That aside he's very charming and nice to talk to.

Boots from the Coup has my same bank branch, so we run into each other occasionally and talk about music, he's usually stoned out of his mind.

Carla Kihlstedt is good friends with a couple of my friends and we've been talking a lot at parties about music, politics and mortality. She gives the best hugs. And free tickets to her shows is awesome. At some point maybe she can introduce me to Carla Bozulich and i can be less star struck then.

One of my exes was neighbors with one of the members of Team Dresch and would give me tshirts cds and got us free tickets to their only show in recent memory, unfortunately i never got to meet them :/

Mark Growden gave me a lapdance while singing a song about dirty fucking sex, on the accordion no less. Hot

i have one of Joni Mitchell's dulcimers and have played both Janis Joplin's and Doc Watson's guitar (they're my mother's, one day maybe they'll be mine)

When i was 12 i was invited to meet the Ramones by a family friend, i couldn't care less at the time. I'm not sure if i care that i passed that up.

I talked at length with Daniel Higgs of Lungfish about my poetry and his inspirations, and almost got a tattoo done by him.

My girlfriend's nipples were pierced by an ex of Ani DiFranco's

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #127 on: 07 Jul 2008, 11:19 »

My girlfriend's nipples were pierced by an ex of Ani DiFranco's

Oddest association ever.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

dalconnsuch

« Reply #128 on: 09 Jul 2008, 06:48 »

would you believe me if i said i got to hug tom waits?

it was godlike

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #129 on: 09 Jul 2008, 10:44 »

I was SUPPOSED to go to an Opeth show with my friends, but my idiot brother forgot to go buy the tickets (for which I had given him my money).

They met Peter Lindgren (he was still in the band then) in a record store. Fucking worst day of my life.
Hate, rain on me

dalconnsuch

« Reply #130 on: 09 Jul 2008, 18:03 »

must've had a pretty comfortable life there

muffy

« Reply #131 on: 10 Jul 2008, 19:27 »

I spent my Saturday night getting into an argument with Jaguar Love (part Blood Brothers, part Pretty Girls Make Graves, mostly awesome) as they turned up at the club I work at and expected free entry for themselves and their support band (one of whom is a good friend) - after politely telling them that if a couple of guys from each band paid entry (£5 on a Saturday night to a huge indie club) then the rest of them would be in for free - half of them had already got their stamps anyway (I was trying to be discreet with this/do them a favour whilst under the watchful eye of the guy who runs the venue). At this point, Cody, who had been rather schmoozy and trying to flatter his way in, suddenly pulled the whole 'oh my God, we have to pay? But we've just played a gig here, man' card, announced 'F** this' and flounced out of the venue.

Some people may sympathise with this - they are not a rich band, they've just pulled out of supporting The Faint because they can't afford the transport, but club nights are not charity funds for musicians wanting to get wasted, and in Brighton, half of the clubbing populace consists of scene-orientated musicians, most of whom will try and chance it but do so in a tongue in cheek fashion.

I am slightly gutted that they were such utter twats, though.

billiumbean

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • "Clamsss... Waa!"
« Reply #132 on: 10 Jul 2008, 23:58 »

I talked to the members of Film School after they played an in-store at the same record store (fingerprints records in long beach)
You are living my life.  Stop it nao.
Quote from: Alex C
I do agree that this could potentially have some dire ramifications in regards to purple drank.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #133 on: 11 Jul 2008, 09:30 »

I spent my Saturday night getting into an argument with Jaguar Love (part Blood Brothers, part Pretty Girls Make Graves, mostly awesome) as they turned up at the club I work at and expected free entry for themselves and their support band (one of whom is a good friend) - after politely telling them that if a couple of guys from each band paid entry (£5 on a Saturday night to a huge indie club) then the rest of them would be in for free - half of them had already got their stamps anyway (I was trying to be discreet with this/do them a favour whilst under the watchful eye of the guy who runs the venue). At this point, Cody, who had been rather schmoozy and trying to flatter his way in, suddenly pulled the whole 'oh my God, we have to pay? But we've just played a gig here, man' card, announced 'F** this' and flounced out of the venue.

Some people may sympathise with this - they are not a rich band, they've just pulled out of supporting The Faint because they can't afford the transport, but club nights are not charity funds for musicians wanting to get wasted, and in Brighton, half of the clubbing populace consists of scene-orientated musicians, most of whom will try and chance it but do so in a tongue in cheek fashion.

I am slightly gutted that they were such utter twats, though.

I have no idea who you're talking about, but I fully supprot your decisons to refuse arsewank musicians entry into a club,. Though, they prboably would've bought alot of beer to make up for it, as misicians are wont to do, depsite blagging. Perhap why they are so poor in the first place. Sorry if this is bot coherent, I've been out on the town. 
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

muffy

« Reply #134 on: 11 Jul 2008, 17:42 »

^ That makes perfect sense - (possibly because I have also been out on the town  :-) ) - I'm pretty sure they'd have upped the bar takings, but I kind of need people to pay their entry in order to get paid at the end of the night! Apparently, they all ended up at a pub where they were treated with indifference and had an early night of it. I like them as a band, but manners, people. Honestly.

The Albatross

« Reply #135 on: 13 Jul 2008, 21:26 »

I'm just going to stick with popular musicians/artists.

-I almost touched Cedric Bixler's hand at a Mars Volta concert.
-Katherine Hepburn lived in my town
-And even though it doesn't really fit, my dad's girlfriend knew Jeffrey Dahmer

MobyDickhole

• Larger than most fish
  • I'd rather be procrastinating
« Reply #136 on: 14 Jul 2008, 02:52 »

If we're including our parents in this, my dad trumps just about everyone here...

He used to go on tour to do lighting design for the likes of Metallica (on their tour for the black album none the less), Poison, Ratt, and countless other bands before I was born... He stopped though when I was born because he didn't want to be on the road all the time.

It's really cool going to shows with him because he knows most of the venues out here in LA like the back of his hand...

Oh and apparently when I was little, my family went to the snow and my dad ran into one of the members of Metallica (I believe it was Lars, but I could be wrong) and if I have my story straight, they recognized each other and had themselves a nice chat...
(at least I believe that is the gist of what happened, although it's been a while since I heard the story and I do have quite the imagination)
And without further ado, I am done typing.

aScaryDog

« Reply #137 on: 14 Jul 2008, 16:56 »

I have met and chilled with a good many local acts from Atlanta, Athens, Charlotte, Asheville, Greensboro, and Miami.  I got to hang with George Clinton last time he came to Charlotte, that dude is a rager...  I also partied with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band in Charlotte.  Those dudes are some dirty old men for real.  In a few weeks I'll be hanging with the most of the rest of P-Funk cause they're playing a festival I'm running stages for.  Also gonna get to hang with the guys from EOTO (members of String Cheese Incident) and Lotus and lots more. 

Moist Cowboy

• Plantmonster
  • THE INTERNET
« Reply #138 on: 15 Jul 2008, 21:29 »

My brother dated Karen O. and when she came over to hang out with him once when he wasn't there we hung out for like 2 hours listening to music.

It was awesome.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #139 on: 16 Jul 2008, 12:39 »

Ah, the stuff wet dreams are made of..

orangepeas

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #140 on: 16 Jul 2008, 17:50 »

Nothing much.

I saw cyndi lauper interviewed on a Canadian television show called The Hour.

When I saw sonic youth, someone offered me to go in front of them because of my height. Long story short, I ended up standing, front row literally about 10 feet from Thurston Moore for half of the show and then I managed to somehow get over to Kim Gordon and she smiled at me.

I'm more known in the local music scene and know alot of bands around here.

EnosEmurf

« Reply #141 on: 16 Jul 2008, 19:20 »

Was pulled on stage and played theremin with Cornelius
Played guitar with Adrian Belew & John Wetton  -  Members of King Crimson

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #142 on: 17 Jul 2008, 11:54 »

I must be reading this wrong, as there's nothing special about seeing someone interviewed on television..

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #143 on: 17 Jul 2008, 11:58 »

Studio audience, maybe?
I review, sometimes.
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #144 on: 19 Jul 2008, 12:46 »

I talked to the lead singer of These Estates after a show one time.  :-o

Also, 'grats on getting in with Rah Rah, fuck I love them and want all the good things to happen to them.  PS: I have a little crush on the violin girl (forget her name)
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2008, 12:48 by Chesire Cat »
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

casull

• LJ
« Reply #145 on: 22 Jul 2008, 18:51 »

I had a couple of worthy experiences at pitchfork this past weekend. First and moremost, I overheard someone talking about backpacking through budapest before A Hawk and a Hacksaw's set, and I asked him about the subway there, since a movie I like a lot was shot there (Control). The guy had both been in the subway and seen the movie, so we talked about hungary and various things for a long time. Somewhere in our conversation he mentions being an old friend of jeremy barnes and introduces himself as eric, the drummer for elf power. I'm not really knowledgeable about elephant 6, but I realized later that I had been talking to eric harris, late of olivia tremor control.

Also, I almost got talked into getting a massage from a sweaty, mostly naked tim harrington.
Say old man, can you play the fiddle?

Ballard

• Older than Moses
« Reply #146 on: 22 Jul 2008, 21:31 »

And you refused? Seriously?

Tim Harrington is a fox.

orangepeas

« Reply #147 on: 23 Jul 2008, 21:12 »

I must be reading this wrong, as there's nothing special about seeing someone interviewed on television..

haha no, i guess i should have given more details. I saw her interviewed during a taping of the show

Brian Majestic

« Reply #148 on: 23 Jul 2008, 22:26 »

Many months ago at a house party King Khan gave me pot brownies. Does that count?

pentaen

• Furry furrier
« Reply #149 on: 24 Jul 2008, 14:45 »

i met wayne coyne

im on left. he gave me a great hug and we talked about Christmas On Mars
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up