THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 01:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dangerous Restaurant Food  (Read 3039 times)

Scott Haley

• Not quite a lurker
Dangerous Restaurant Food
« on: 21 May 2008, 10:36 »

A long time ago I read an article in the "Wall Street Journal" about the dangers of high-end restaurant food.  At the time, very expensive restaurants liked to serve novel food, so they would import exotic ingredients from the far corners of the world.  The article said that mixing unusual foods from widely separated places sometimes resulted in dishes that made people sick.  The owners of one restaurant heard about a little fish that people in South America would catch and eat, so they ordered a load of them and made it their daily fish special.  It turns out that the South Americans do catch and eat them, but not as a meal.  They're a laxative.  Maybe Faye got off lucky.

volatile

Re: Dangerous Restaurant Food
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2008, 21:38 »

Funny thing, most people get food poisoning from food they prepare themselves.

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2008, 21:36 »

what's even funnier is that I know so many people who get food poisoning from instant food that they haven't heated in the microwave correctly.

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2008, 23:00 »

Guys it turns out when it says to heat it for ten minutes, if I actually put it in for two it will be toxic!
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up