THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 03:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sucky Season Finales [SPOILERS]  (Read 6997 times)

MissAmbiguity

• Not quite a lurker
Sucky Season Finales [SPOILERS]
« on: 25 May 2008, 00:24 »

Bones. Zack... as the killer's assistant, really? Did you really have nothing better to come up with. Dear god.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2008, 02:17 by Trollstormur »

Trollstormur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Death To America
    • http://www.goat.cx
Re: Sucky Season Finales
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2008, 02:17 »

i want to ban your right now for spoiling that for me.
also israel

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
Re: Sucky Season Finales [SPOILERS]
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2008, 03:50 »

didn't really get into bones...it seemed rather boring...as for sucky season finales go to the anime thread...i can't think of one which had a "good" ending as such
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

DoubleAW

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Crazy Kid Genius
    • Hur.
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2008, 21:55 »

AMBER DIED.

WHAT THE FUCK.

SERIOUSLY GUYS.

...srsly. why?
o hi.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2008, 02:52 »

Bones. Zack... as the killer's assistant, really? Did you really have nothing better to come up with. Dear god.

Wahhhh :?

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2008, 03:46 »

Since it's already spoiled, I'd just like to say that yes, the Bones finale was fucking awful. And not just because of the Zack-thing, because I could've accepted that had it been set up differently (I'd still be pissed off, but I may have gotten over it), but there are so many plot holes and annoying things that I just don't know where to begin. It was a completely epic fail. Horrible writing, horrible ending to what could've been a cool serial killer storyline, awful decision to actually wrap it up this season when they really didn't have enough time (why can the Gravedigger be forgotten for ages, but not Gormogon?), the cliffhanger for the previous episode was handled really really badly and loads of other just plain awful stuff. It's like they've forgotten everything that happened earlier in the season just because of the strike and think that the viewers are idiots. They wanted to shock us, apparently, and they're glad people are talking about the show, but I've never seen such violent reactions online after an episode of a show I've watched - and that cannot be good. A vast majority of posts and articles I've read are pissed off, and not necessarily because of what happened, but because of how and why. I'm going to have to pretend that this episode never existed if I want to watch the previous seasons again and somewhat enjoy them.

As for House, I get that some people are pissed about what happened, but at least it was decent writing (I really liked the episode). Bones was just...yeah.

Ugly Betty wasn't exactly great, but I watched it right before Grey's Anatomy, which had an awesome season finale, so I sort of forgot why. But yeah, the Grey's Anatomy finale was great, I don't think I've liked a GA episode that much in quite a while.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2008, 08:05 by Ladybug »

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2008, 07:53 »

I was really hoping it was Sweets, just so they could get rid of him and bring back Stephen Fry.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2008, 08:04 »

Same here. I love John Francis Daley, and while Sweets was/is funny once in a while, his character is just..too far out there, really. I know there's lots of unbelievable stuff in Bones, especially as far as timelines go, but the others I can accept and/or fanwank, because, well, they're not 22. And the couples therapy-thing between partners is silly, no matter how many times David Boreanaz claims that it's cool because it hasn't been done on a TV show before. Also, you'd think a psychologist/profiler/whatever the hell he is for the FBI would be less pro-B&B-lovin'.

Gordon Gordon, on the other hand, was really really awesome. I miss him. And Dr. Goodman. That 2 month sabbatical has lasted for far too long.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2008, 08:13 »

Yeah that was pretty weak, and it seemed like it was something they just threw together at the last minute. CSI did a better job with their Miniature Killer arc.

Speaking of CSI, leaving Warrick for dead in that car was crap.

Numbers was kind of weak, too. I mean, Charlie forwards sensitive information overseas, subsequently getting arrested on terrorism charges and losing his security clearance because one of his researcher friends was wrongfully accused of being a terrorist? Come on. (And Judd Hirsch looks awful with a goatee.)

Highlight for spoilers.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2008, 08:16 by bicostp »

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2008, 08:18 »

Yeah that was pretty weak, and it seemed like it was something they just threw together at the last minute.
Probably because it was. Eric Millegan (the guy who plays Zack) was told 2 weeks before they started filming the episode, and no one knew beforehand. Hell, they even say in the finale that Zack killed the lobbyist-guy, but in the official episode summary for an earlier episode at fox.com it says "That night, Ray Porter, upon arriving home, finds a 15-year-old boy in his closet with a ceremonial dagger and a crazed smile. The boy attacks." (Ray Porter being the lobbyist). Zack != some 15 year old boy. So it was obviously never the plan from the beginning, so there are NO hints what so ever. Stupid.

(Yes, I'm still pissed off and it's been a week.) (Okay, maybe not pissed off, but still annoyed.)
« Last Edit: 26 May 2008, 08:30 by Ladybug »

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2008, 14:22 »

as for sucky season finales go to the anime thread...i can't think of one which had a "good" ending as such

........Do you want me to go through every recommendation from that thread and say which ones had "good" endings?  Because I will.

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2008, 02:50 »

maybe though you don't have to

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/gridgm&order=4&status=7&tag=

this is what i've watched and out side of the movies nothign really offers good conclusions to series

*EDIT* also note that despite how much he may show up in real life i have never been a fan of the deus ex machina
« Last Edit: 27 May 2008, 07:55 by Gridgm »
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

67thavenue

« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2008, 14:45 »

not much of a bones fan... so i can't contribute to that...

i thought the scrubs season ender was lackluster... i think they took an episode that should've aired during the strike and decided to make THAT the ender.  i mean... how come kelso was still there?

office was awesome.

i think the best season finale i have ever seen was buffy season 5.  i miss buffy.  when will the damn angel movie come out???  stupid sex and the city...

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2008, 14:49 »

Oh, yeah, I forgot. The Scrubs finale was crap, but then again, I didn't exactly have high expectations, seeing as the only reason I'm still watching Scrubs is that it seemed foolish to "give up" after 6 seasons when there was only one left. And now there's one more, so I guess I'll end up watching that one as well, seeing as it seems foolish to "give up" after 7.

Muppet King

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #14 on: 28 May 2008, 14:52 »

That wasn't supposed to be the Scrubs finale.  NBC refused to air all of the pre-planned episodes so they signed a contract with ABC for another season so they could wrap it up properly.  Kelso was there because that episode wasn't supposed to be aired at that time; there was a time skip that they'll have to address next season.
Yes, as a matter of fact, we'll probably use algebra like mad today!

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2008, 16:35 »

For good finales, I really liked Dexter
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

pig nash

• Plantmonster
« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2008, 16:41 »

I liked the House finale, although it may have just been a big cold hard bitch joke.

PacoSees

« Reply #17 on: 29 May 2008, 10:10 »

Good finales:
House
Office
Grey's (even though it's only the second episode I've ever watched)
Dexter (damn, this was a while ago)
Bones (not very surprising, but a well-done episode)
30 Rock

Bad Finales:
Scrubs

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #18 on: 29 May 2008, 10:25 »

I think we can all agree that, even though no one's seen it yet, the Lost finale will be fucking awesome. If the first part of the finale and the finales from past seasons are any indication, that is. Of course, that could just be my fanboyism talking but I'm expecting great things.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #19 on: 29 May 2008, 12:03 »

Bones (not very surprising, but a well-done episode)
Not to dwell on this too much (okay, I've been dwelling on it way too long already), but how was that episode well done? I'm genuinely curious. The only positive thing I have to say about it, I think, is that the acting was quite good at times, especially considering what they were given to work with. I'm really trying to find other upsides, but that's about all I can think of. The ending scene (the one with Booth and Brennan, not with the other squints and Cam, because that one was weird) wasn't bad either, I guess. But that's like 1 minute of the episode.

I've heard that the Lost finale is supposed to be awesome, but I stopped watching Lost when the polar bear appeared, soo..not too invested in that.

spidergland

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #20 on: 01 Jun 2008, 03:34 »

Best finale ever?

when will the damn angel movie come out???

please tell me that's not just wishful thinking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up