THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 19:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enchanted  (Read 8533 times)

mooface

Enchanted
« on: 26 Dec 2007, 22:38 »

i can't believe that there seriously isn't already a topic about this movie.  it was amazing.  and absolutely hilarious.  who else has seen it?  what did you think about it?

if you have, at any time in your life, been a sucker for disney movies you should go watch this movie!  right now!

StMonkey

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • *Comment of negligible importance*
Re: Enchanted
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2007, 22:45 »

I agree, a pretty decent movie. My experience was slightly dampened by the many small, loud children that were there when I saw it, but that was my own bad judgment on when to see it. Not overly epic, but original and lovably sappy. Also, Timothy Spall reprises his role as creepy underling to the bad guy, a part he plays exceptionally well, so see it just for him, he's mean to a chipmunk.
Carpe Gluteum
The bottom line is, if anyone is going to start playing pranks by stuffing large quantities of food in their mouths, be wary.

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #2 on: 26 Dec 2007, 23:09 »

I liked it a lot! I was almost afraid to expect anything from this movie but it was a pleasant surprise!

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2007, 04:10 »

I really want to see this!  I've been excited for it since I saw an ad forever ago, but I can't find anyone to go with me.  I'll probably just end up renting it when it comes out on DVD.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

costacide

« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2007, 09:38 »

I enjoyed the hell out of this movie.  James Marsden was funny as fuck, easily my favorite character.

sandysmilinstrange

• Curry sauce
« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2007, 12:38 »

I thought this movie was adorable. Yes, it's full of plot holes and things that I might dwell on in another movie, but it was way too much fun to start nitpicking and now I can't remember any of them. I thought the entire cast was absolutely fantastic. It really makes fun of the old-school Disney cartoons, but in a friendly way.

Also, is it just me or does James Marsden seem to play the "second choice" guy in movies a lot? Not a complaint or anything. Just an observation.
"It's funny how you think I'm an asshole because I've got HIGH self esteem"

Spinless

« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2007, 18:11 »

Oh man, I've seen the trailers, it looks AWFUL. Sell it to me.

Narr

« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2007, 18:21 »

Oh man, I've seen the trailers, it looks AWFUL. Sell it to me.
If the idea of a Disney character somehow coming into the real world with no idea of what it's like here doesn't already appeal to you on some level, I doubt anything anyone will say could change that.

I enjoyed it.  It's very Disney and the parody of Disney cartoons in general made me laugh.

mooface

« Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2007, 22:46 »

i agree with Narr.  if the basic premise of the movie doesn't appeal to you, you probably will not enjoy this movie.

if this clip makes you laugh but at the same time gives you fuzzy feelings, you will like the movie.  if it doesn't... well, you probably won't.
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2007, 22:54 by mooface »

Spinless

« Reply #9 on: 31 Dec 2007, 23:14 »

You guys camp out on your doorsteps hoping to catch a glimpse of the last unicorn as the sun rises, don't you?

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #10 on: 31 Dec 2007, 23:30 »

If you're still not sold on that last clip try this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KObgs81QyR4&feature=related

Spinless

« Reply #11 on: 31 Dec 2007, 23:57 »

Kissing and handling pest and vermin is a good way to catch something! From the way this lady conducts herself, I have reached the conclusion that she is mentally retarded! I would not like to watch a mentally retarded person conducting themselves for an hour and a half!

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #12 on: 01 Jan 2008, 00:21 »

It's actually an hour and forty-seven minutes in duration

Spinless

« Reply #13 on: 01 Jan 2008, 00:35 »

Oh. My. God.
But it's a disney movie! Those are ALWAYS 90 minutes long!

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #14 on: 01 Jan 2008, 07:11 »

I didn't particularly like this movie.. I mean, sure, it was a pleasant enough movie, considering it's Disney and all, but I wish I hadn't spent $15 (plus candy) on it. It was waay too..something for me. I couldn't stop laughing during all the really "grand" scenes, while others around me seemed totally engulfed (?), which was weird. A couple of friends "dragged" me there due to wanting to see Patrick Dempsey, and sure, the man's kinda hot, but not enough to make me love the movie.

On the other hand, I walked out of the theater feeling kinda good/happy, so I guess it achieved something.

FUBAR

« Reply #15 on: 01 Jan 2008, 19:19 »

mixed feelings on this movie, it seemed decent enough but it felt like something was missing the hwole time I was watching it.
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2008, 09:12 by FUBAR »

costacide

« Reply #16 on: 03 Jan 2008, 08:54 »

mixed feelings on this movie, it seemed decent enough but it fell like something was missing the hwole time I was watching it.

Not every movie can have horse-on-horse cannibalism and a Melvins cover band acting as Athenian chorus.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #17 on: 16 Jan 2008, 08:43 »

This is the second best movie I've seen in a while, following after Stardust. Got to say the ending was about as cliched and tacky as any Disney movie could be, but I still enjoyed.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #18 on: 18 Jan 2008, 11:58 »

I haven't seen it, but I am mad that Idina Menzel seems to have been cast in a lame part.
Hate, rain on me

leperphiliac

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #19 on: 19 Jan 2008, 20:26 »

I spent one day on the set as an extra in Central Park, so I really should go see it. I'm not a big Disney fan though, so I'll probably wait for the DVD.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #20 on: 19 Jan 2008, 20:52 »

That whole clip made me embarrassed that I'm watching it.

But wouldn't it be amazing, if there was another movie like this. But it ended exactly like the Watchmen?
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

mooface

« Reply #21 on: 20 Jan 2008, 07:21 »

I haven't seen it, but I am mad that Idina Menzel seems to have been cast in a lame part.

what is lame is that the one song that she sang in was cut from the soundtrack.
i liked the role role she played, though.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #22 on: 20 Jan 2008, 07:37 »

Fuuuuuuck that.
Hate, rain on me

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
« Reply #23 on: 25 Jan 2008, 20:36 »

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

I took my wife and our two girls to see this. The best thing was thanks to the "scene" rewards program we got in free. That and Giselle using curtains to make her dresses reminded me of "The Sound of Music"
*was getting tired of that slug*

QCnerdGrl

« Reply #24 on: 27 Mar 2008, 19:08 »

I can't believe I'm going to type this out, but OMG I LURVED THAT MOVIE!!!!

I personally think that's the best thing that Disney has done in years. Because I don't know about the rest of you, but..

"I've been dreaming of true love's kiss..."

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #25 on: 27 Mar 2008, 19:13 »

Finally saw it with my Mom and Sister after my Auntie bought it for our library (no, really, she's a librarian and bought it for the library. She is kind enough/impatient enough to let us borrow/watch movies before she catalogs them). It was really cute! I kind of figured out the end like half-way through the movie, but it was still really cute. It took me FOREVER to figure out who the heck played Patrick Dempsey's girlfriend (Maureen from Rent), and it drove me nuts... But other then that it was tons of laughs. Good music too.

ummmkay

• Curry sauce
« Reply #26 on: 27 Mar 2008, 19:50 »

My boyfriend saw it last week and LOVED it. He sings the Happy Working Song at least once a day now.

Border Reiver

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Yes, I painted this.
    • The Pet Patch
« Reply #27 on: 28 Mar 2008, 04:35 »

We rented a copy of the DVD at Easter.  I thought it was a decent movie, but it didn't really strike me as something that I'd want to watch again, most of the characters being one dimensional.  My middle son liked it, but after the initial showing there have been no further requests.

Interesting concept - like "Cool World" in reverse.
"It's a futile gesture that my sense of right and wrong tells me I should make." Is It Cold Here, 19 Mar 2013, 02:12

Scruffy

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • The Janitor
« Reply #28 on: 28 Mar 2008, 06:22 »

A reverse Last Action Hero, except with a Disney movie.  The idea is cool, but the implementation doesn't grab me.  I will say that it would really be a fun movie for the kiddies.  I think if I was younger it'd be a lot of fun.  Unfortunately I've seen this premise one too many times.

Muskrat121

« Reply #29 on: 28 Mar 2008, 12:36 »

I just saw it this past weekend.  I enjoyed it.  I wanted to break it at times because it was just SO over the top, but that is the point I guess.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #30 on: 28 Mar 2008, 22:41 »

Damn those songs are way too catchy. I heard them when they were performed at the Oscars and I haven't gotten that stupid cleaning song out of my head since.

Adah

« Reply #31 on: 29 Mar 2008, 14:27 »

I am such a sucker for this movie.  I've seen it about five times, and sadly three of those times were in theaters (I knew more people who wanted to go see it!  I'm not that lame, really!).  I grew up on the new era of Disney - I was in the 4-6 age group when The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast came out.  Plus, I have a total girl crush on Amy Adams. 
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2008, 14:29 by Adah »

Shrinkydinks

« Reply #32 on: 31 Mar 2008, 21:50 »

I love this movie. I've seen it 3 times now. I think I could still probably watch it again and not get bored of it.

I keep trying to get my boyfriend to watch it but he thinks it's a chick movie, while I kind of agree I think it has a little something for everyone.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2008, 21:57 by Shrinkydinks »

Narr

« Reply #33 on: 01 Apr 2008, 15:28 »

I wouldn't really define it as a "chick flick" simply because it's more a live-action Disney Cartoon.  Not quite a baby movie, but definately targeted for a younger audience.

Prince of Space

• Larger than most fish
  • "Chickens are a cruel people"
« Reply #34 on: 07 Apr 2008, 17:28 »

Usually I feel like most people with half a brain can tell if a movie will be good or not by the trailer/s.  At first, I didn't know what to make of Enchanted's trailer...but then I had this itch that told me it was going to be hilarious.

It was a pleasant surprise to go to the theater and be happy when I came out! :)

borderlineangelic

« Reply #35 on: 09 Apr 2008, 03:07 »

Cyclops is a prince.  For the win.

Really enjoyed this movie in all it's Disney, corny, Amy Adams is damn cute glory.

LizziL

• Larger than most fish
  • 'This thing came out of our cat...'
« Reply #36 on: 04 May 2008, 16:58 »

James Marsden is such a self-involved twat in this movie.
It makes me so happy.

It also helps that he's a friggin' sex pot.

leperphiliac

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #37 on: 09 May 2008, 12:16 »

Ah, I just saw this movie, and my butt is in it. Hahahahahahahaha! Take that, Disney. Then they are in the park, around the time that troll looking guy offers her the apple, you see the back of a blonde pushing a baby carriage. That's me.

volatile

« Reply #38 on: 20 May 2008, 03:52 »

You guys camp out on your doorsteps hoping to catch a glimpse of the last unicorn as the sun rises, don't you?

What, you don't?

I really enjoyed this movie, as well.  So quintessentially old-fashioned Disney, yet also modern and charming.

Norton Quintessential

• Curry sauce
  • *Learning to look chastened*
« Reply #39 on: 20 May 2008, 13:11 »

The Disney/ animation fan in me loved the nods to old Disney cartoons and the general warmheartedness of the movie, while the cynic in me loved the crafty little jabs at the old Disney movies, like when Giselle is singing about fairy tale romance in the opening and proclaims that "lips are the only thing that touch".
"Nobody needs America's help.....

until they NEED IT!"

Mars

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #40 on: 30 May 2008, 20:09 »

I didn't much care for the movie as a whole, but I thought James Marsden was hilarious.
Pages: [1]   Go Up