THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 01:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Teapots, mugs, and other things of that nature that are amazing.  (Read 20609 times)

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

By Richard Notkin.
Hate, rain on me

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

I never understood the novelty teapot.

I do approve of a thread about tea things, though. Tea is fantastic.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter

I wish I had a tea set, or at the very least a tea pot.  It would make me feel fancy

Other things I need to purchase:
-monocle
-top hat

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

TOP HATS AND MONOCLES! THAT'S WHAT I LIKE!

NarwhalSunshine

Tea is fantastic.
indeed, especially black tea with any citrus

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

I have two teapots. One for home and one for work. They are both travel size, so I am thinking of getting a bigger one for home.

I'm starting to collect mugs, and teacups however.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

I could send you a top hat for free. My friends are throwing the things at me. I'm keeping my bowler hat though.. it is my favorite hat ever. Anyway, back to tea and tea stuff! Look at this..

Also as far as tea goes I just like a nice cup of Irish Breakfast.
Hate, rain on me

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Last Edit: 26 May 2008, 18:47 by Blue Kitty »

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/

I like the tea that comes in bags! With milk and sugar!
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.

America and it's lack of tea appreciation blows, but in the winter I carry a giant thermos full of citrusy tea for warmth in -12 degree Fahrenheit weather.
Not so sure about these things anymore.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

steeps tea based in vancouver, BC makes some of the most incredible loose leaf tea around. here's a list of everything they offer - i think you can order online from most parts of the world.

most are novelty flavours and they're a bit pricey but my god. highly recommended.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor

It is way too nice out right now for tea these days, but it's definitely a winter comfort thing.
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

simplename9

• Plantmonster

I don't mind some tea once in a while but it has to be strong, not that sissy shit that tastes like dirt water.

Lines

• Awakened

America and it's lack of tea appreciation blows, but in the winter I carry a giant thermos full of citrusy tea for warmth in -12 degree Fahrenheit weather.

I know how you feel. People are too obsessed with coffee (bad coffee, at that) to know the joys of tea. Someday I will get a proper tea set and I will be very very happy.

Or maybe I should make my own. Hmm...
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Coffee = gross.

Tea = yum.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

It is way too nice out right now for tea these days, but it's definitely a winter comfort thing.

Psh, no way! Tea is great whenever. Nothing is better than waking up hellsa early to watch the sunrise, while enjoying a nice hot glass of tea.

A friend of mine and his family are opening a coffee shop. He told me his mom was a tea nazi, like myself, and that because of such they will have some pretty amazing teas.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

I like Iced tea sometimes.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor

Fuck you, tea is not good when it is hot out and the tea is hot and you're hot.

Iced tea is great in summer, and hot tea is acceptable in the morning when it is maybe still a bit chilly out, but there is no way to enjoy tea in the heat beyond "oh yah, I'm totally the eurohipster TEA type not the COFFEE type"
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Lines

• Awakened

I drink tea in summer. Especially in the mornings or when I'm at work, because it's typically freezing inside (or I think it is). But I see your point. Drinking hot tea when you're outside and it's hot does not sound like a good idea. Unless it's a chai tea milkshake, because that is perfectly acceptable.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Was saying "fuck you" really necessary?

I wasn't saying, "Oh, you are so horribly wrong!" I was simply disagreeing. I really like hot tea in the morning, and sometimes in the evening. Even if it is hot. Every night I take a hot bath, while sipping a hot cup of tea. I just enjoy tea.

And I'm not a "eurohipster". I just like tea better than coffee. I always have. Coffee just tastes bitter and gross. I'm told its because I've never had good coffee, so I'm willing to try out some good stuff, when it comes around. I don't like cheap tea much either. Tea is one of the one things I will buy the expensive non-store brand of.

ETA: How is drinking hot tea during the summer any different than drinking hot coffee during the summer?
« Last Edit: 26 May 2008, 15:30 by Emaline »

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*

Tea is going to be one of the things I miss when I go to Uni. I'm to used to proper nice leaf tea that my parents buy (none of that teabag nonsense).

The only time I'll drink coffee over tea is if I'm staying up late or hungover, otherwise it's tea all the way. I can't see what is wrong with drinking hot tea in the summer but I would probably rather have a cool drink or fruit tea.
Get off my land

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!

If there's good tea around, I almost always take it over coffee. But both are amazing when done well. Mmmmmm...

Just now, jasmine. Fancy teapots, what?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Tea is going to be one of the things I miss when I go to Uni.

No need to miss it; my student mates got in the way of coming to my room for the best tea going (Ceylon), with music and chat into the small hours.

Paul
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

imapiratearg

• Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout

TOP HATS AND MONOCLES! THAT'S WHAT I LIKE!

Agh, I've been addicted to SGR for the past few weeks.  I think I saw one of your comments on a strip.

The coolest things concerning tea my mother has, are these two teacups.  One is an apple and the other is an orange, tops and all.  Maybe I'll get a picture later.

calenlass

• queefcicle!

Tea is going to be one of the things I miss when I go to Uni.

No need to miss it; my student mates got in the way of coming to my room for the best tea going (Ceylon), with music and chat into the small hours.

Paul

Electric kettles are your friend!
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Aminal

cephalopot.

Hey, I'm pretty clever.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Fuck you, tea is not good when it is hot out and the tea is hot and you're hot.

Iced tea is great in summer, and hot tea is acceptable in the morning when it is maybe still a bit chilly out, but there is no way to enjoy tea in the heat beyond "oh yah, I'm totally the eurohipster TEA type not the COFFEE type"

It's kind've counter-intuitive, but many people seem to think drinking hot beverages actually cools you down when it's hot. Might be a psychological thing where it tricks your mind into thinking that you're colder than you actually are 'cause of some relative temperature wossname.

Besides that, the English would drink tea on the edge of a volcano. /stereotype.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2008, 20:05 by ViolentDove »
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Boro_Bandito

Emaline, I don't drink hot coffee in the summer any more than I drink hot tea. Iced Coffee and Frappacinos are such a good invention. Of course, its hard to mix in honey with cold tea, so I may have to initially make it hot enough to just melt the honey, then add ice, and either lemon or milk.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Yeah, all of the 'old people' I know (parents and grandparents) always drink tea when it's hot, saying it 'cools them down,' which I never understood but hey! It is what they do!
Also with our blistering summers, a hot cup of tea probably seems pretty cool. I still drink tea in summer, of course, I have since I was very small, but only in the morning and late at night when it is a bit cooler. Or I'm somewhere that's air-conditioned to a comfy cool 23-ish C.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

God I hope they have some good tea in Canada. If I am going to be giving up my Winter to have a Summer that is pretty much exactly the same temperature, I want a nice steaming mug of strong tea dammit. And none of this 'lemon and honey' stuff either. ;)

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

I agree with Lunchy. I like my tea strong and black.

I once ordered a glass of "hot, strong, tall black tea" and my server informed me that it wasn't a drink order, but how I wanted my man. I lol'd

imapiratearg

• Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout

Emaline, I don't drink hot coffee in the summer any more than I drink hot tea. Iced Coffee and Frappacinos are such a good invention.

Iced coffee is gross.  I don't like my coffee tasting watery.  I've never had a Frappacino, though.  I can't remember, are those the little Starbucks drinks in the little bottles you can get at convenience stores?

Boro_Bandito

Either those or the things that they actually sell that are sort of like Coffee shakes. I like them, and I like Iced Coffee, because like any other drink you add ice to to cool it down you aren't supposed to let it melt into the damn drink. But you add half and half and sugar, its not as if you're trying to down strong black coffee by itself cold, that just tastes nasty.

If I am drinking hot tea, I'll usually skip out on the milk, but I gotta have the sugar. What can I say, I have an Amurrcan style addiction for all things sweet, bitter doesn't agree with me.

Jposh

• Balloon animal serial killer

Yes and no, Frappacino comes from Frappe, because the original drink was coffee, milk, sugar and ice, poured into a blender, and Frappe'd. The Frappacinos in the bottle, are just flavoured iced coffee.

NarwhalSunshine

Tea should only be served hot, strong, citrusy  and with maybe a dash of milk, unless it's breakfast tea then the milk is for cereal only.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Citrus shouldn't be a requirement. I occasionally put citrus in my tea. Usually mid day, while its hot out. But it's still a pretty rare occurrence.

Bibliophile

• Emoticontraindication
  • <:3)~~

Don't worry, Lunchy, we will take to Muff's favourite tea store - and Muff is an even bigger fan of tea than we are!
If television is a babysitter, the internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Wooo

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé

Just now, jasmine. Fancy teapots, what?

Jasmine tea!  For the most part, when I drink tea, I drink either looseleaf Earl Grey or darjeeling, but there's something intoxicating and perma-summery about jasmine.  Though coffee and other teas fill my (standard issue ceramic) mug more frequently, jasmine tea may be my favorite hot beverage.

I was excited when, at a tea restaurant nearby, I found an Earl Grey / jasmine mix, but I was sorely disappointed.  The flavors clash rather than compliment, and the scent is almost nauseating.  Shame.

Boro_Bandito

I have a, limited, taste for Darjeeling. *snicker snicker snicker*

wait Darjeeling is a type of tea? I have no idea what types of tea there are, my knowledge of tea is nearly nonexistant.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé

It's okay.  Any "I'm cultured!" points lost by not drinking tea can be made up by making Wes Anderson references.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza

apparently the reason that tea makes you cool is that it pushes your internal body temp up just a bit, thus making you sweat, and the sweat brings down both your internal and external temperature. (this is just what I can remember of what my mother told me on the subject along time ago)

I never really drank either tea or coffee when I was a kid, they always just seemed to adult for me, so I never really got the taste for either of them, I suppose I could drink tea now, but the even the smell of coffee repels me. I am however a big fan of hot chocolate, especially the stuff that the coffee shop at my uni makes, with a shot of peppermint oil in it.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

tania

• famed sex columnist

coffee and tea don't have to be a war! i really enjoy both.

also, i too heard that when you drink hot beverages during a hot day you shock your system into thinking you're cooling down so i tried this last summer and that was the first and only time i ever collapsed from heatstroke so i... doubt that really works. maybe for some people. i still like hot beverages during summer though, as long as i take them early in the morning.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

I drink tea in summer, most definitely. However I drink different types of tea in summer to what I do in winter (and I don't mean "hot" and "cold"). Earl Grey is a superbly refreshing summer tea. Darjeeling can also be good. In winter I drink smokier teas like Russian Caravan or Lapsang Souchong, which I'd find much too "heavy" in flavour for summer. When I used to ride home from uni in summer I found a cup of tea refreshed me infinitely better than a glass of water.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

coffee and tea don't have to be a war!

In China they combine the two.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Oh man this is totally my favourite thread of ever.

I have a complete tea set: 2 tea caddys for holding the loose leaf tea, 2 fancy tea spoons (one with a teapot shaped handle the other is just a little fancy spoon), 2 milk jugs, 3 strainers, 2 dish things to put the strainer in to avoid drips, a tea cosy plus heat proof mat made of the same pattern, 2 other heat proof mats, a tea tray, a set of cup and saucers and 3 pots. I have one set for my parents house and one for my flat when I am at uni.

My favourite tea pot is my little brown one that does about 4 cups worth and pours excellently, I got it free at a church jumble sale because it has a tiny chip on the underside of the lid and they couldn't sell it. I also have a tea pot with a lot of pigs round the side of it (all the pigs are pink except for one which is black and facing the other way, I think it might be a veiled message about racism) and a plain white one which doesn't pour particularly well.

Most of my tea set was pilfered from my gran's cold dead hands.

I drink PG tips loose leaf because it is reasonably priced, easy to find and fucking tasty. I've also got some really nice egyptian "dust" tea (loose leaf that is even more loose) that I bought for £1 when I was out there. All the writing on it is in arabic so I'm quite glad it turned out nice as I had no idea what I was getting.

I will try to get pictures of my tea set, maybe.

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!

coffee and tea don't have to be a war!

In China they combine the two.

Waaaiiiiitaminute, what? I don't remember seeing anything like that. I don't doubt it might be true...it is a rather large country.

On a similar note, though, when I ate in the dining halls, I'd pour coffee over tea in the mornings after an all-nighter. I don't think I'd actually do that now with stuff I had bought, because it tasted damned terrible.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Some fifteen years ago I brought a packet of tea back from China.  It wasn't the nicest I have had; but that was of little consequence in comparison to the message I found on a piece of paper inside the box.  I suppose these days I should scan it, but I haven't; here is a guaranteed accurate transcription:

ANXI FAMOUS TEA "TIEGUAN YIN"

Anxi Tiegusnyin tea grew up in the high mountain and pretty water, it got the natural seasonable wind and sweet dew, Suck up essence of the Sun and the moon, if gether refined made of special tradition process technological, and it's a resplendent brignt pearl, in our tea-leaves treasure-house, the King of in Oolong tea, well-knewn at home and abroad, the tea of great reputation, fame by " the natural fruit Smelling of best end induce others " " Like champagne of in the tea. "After you drunk, the guns keep fragrant end tasty, it's both can be hostile smoking and dispel the effects of alcohol, help digest, remove the worriment and greasy and can be refresh yourself and slake thirst. Elegant and pleasant, returned the taste is infinite. If you have a taste drink of the famous Tieguanyin tea, it's true a exquisite enjoy. In recent years, according to a lot of amateur by sino-foreign, they drunk for long-time, finally to prove can be prevent and cure cordiovascular diseases and nervous system and so forth Various chronic diseases. Special to lower hyperlipemia prevent fat, pravent cancer, resist cancer and soforth magical unique remarkable efficacy. Deeply appreciate by the sino-foreign Personality. This products choose to used by China 8 friendly Sight-Seeing Yera in 1992. And Won exterio design of State Patent Office Imfringement have to find out who is to blame.

Who could not enjoy tea so described?

Paul
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Can this forum hide sigs?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up