THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teapots, mugs, and other things of that nature that are amazing.  (Read 20250 times)

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!

Is tea even grown in the west?

Lines

• Awakened

I have no idea, really. I think most (if not all) of the stuff I drink is imported.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

smellslikemagic

(according to a tea company): Growing tea in the US has been tried since the late nineteenth century. Tea gardens were laid out in South Carolina but were not a commercial success. Since the 1990s there has been a revival of US interest in tea growing, with increasing momentum as US interest in tea consumption has developed.

-http://www.teekampagne.de/en-en/7_3/where-tea-is-grown.html

So it could be, but it normally isn't.  Kind of like bananas.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/

People who have only ever tried 'pretend tea'* / teabag tea / western tea and therefore are bias against tea = shit

So, only chinese tea is real?

You orientalist
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

How about the people who just can't be bothered to find leaf tea when they have teabags, and don't know where the utensil meant for use with leaf tea is anyway?

I had leaf tea once, my grandmother brought it, but it was too bitter for me at the time. I almost always had herbal tea, chamomile or something like that, probably has something to do with how there is an herbal tea factory in boulder.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

smellslikemagic

People who have only ever tried 'pretend tea'* / teabag tea / western tea and therefore are bias against tea = shit

So, only chinese tea is real?

You orientalist

Indian tea, Japanese tea, and Kenyan tea are not exactly "Western" teas.  Most Americans think of tea as the weak teabag stuff or really weak iced tea with tons of sugar in.  And I don't understand this whole "chai" thing; you just get a bunch of milk, throw some spices in and maybe a GRAIN of black tea and call it chai? 

I also really hate teabags with "honey" in them.  They taste and smell sort of like urine.  Fresh honey does not.  What a waste of honey when all the bees are dying!

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/

You know that if all the bees die then civilisation is probably gonna get wiped out?

I've got a leather jacket with one sleeve and a crossbow, just waiting.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

I don't drink tea and so am a huge disappointment to most of my family (My grandfather owned and operated a huge tea plantation in Sri Lanka) though the focus has now shifted, quite positively, to my cousin who now imports tea from the same plantation which was sold to a friend of the family.

I don't drink coffee either so I guess I'm a huge disappoinment to the coffee corporations but I think I'm ok with that. The local cafe staff don't mind because they get my business in the form of milkshakes. Milkshakes > tea/coffee, for me anyway.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

How do you wake up in the morning without coffee?

Spring-loaded bed.

Lines

• Awakened

I typically drink juice. And then I crash around mid-day and promptly have a caffeine fix or take a nap.

Well, that was my old schedule because of school. I dunno how things will go once I get a job and stuff and can't nap in the middle of the day. No more hour+ breaks! Oh no!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

WriterofAllWrongs

• Vagina Manifesto

Coffee tastes like bean juice.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

I get up, eat breakfast (maybe), have a shower, get dressed and go about whatever business I have for the day. I don't really need caffeine to do this. Granted I am a little slow moving in that first 15 minutes or so but chances are, if I have time for breakfast then I have time for it to take about half an hour.

Honestly, living without caffeine is even easier than not drinking because occasionally I do really feel like having a drink with my mates (which is tempered by not liking the taste of alcohol and knowing full well what happens when I get drunk) but I have never felt like choking down a cup of hot, bitter liquid.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!

I am kind of a tea/coffee barbarian.

Dennis' Tea Tao:

• I like both coffee and tea
  • I drink instant coffee.
  • I will drink coffee that has been sitting in a pot all day.
  • I just dump loose green tea leaves in a mug and pour too-hot water on them
  • I never time my tea. The bag stays in until I am done.
  • Milk should never miscegenate with tea. That is awful.
  • I have a french press, but I rarely use it because they are a bitch to wash.

dennis

• Lies! Truth!

I feel that I can appreciate good tea, but at the same time, I usually just can't be assed to do it.

dennis

• Lies! Truth!

Maybe I phrased it badly. I'm not saying you can't enjoy it, just that it doesn't sound like it's something you usually care to do.
Oh no, your phrasing was fine. I just felt the need to advertise my tea-preciation, just in case someone wanted to make me a cup.

(Gunpowder pearl, 90 degrees C, glass filter)

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

I am only biased against coffee because it usually tastes like shit.
Hate, rain on me

onefineday

• Not quite a lurker

if i drank coffee or tea, i would for sure only drink it from this, the mug with more power.  *grunt grunt grunt*. (best $.49 i ever spent)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up