Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SKINS!  (Read 3172 times)

lanargh

SKINS!
« on: 27 Mar 2008, 08:24 »

I don't except a lot of replies, as i know Skins isn't aired in the US, but for anyone who watches it..
whose your favourite character, which one would you do, who do you hate?

muteKi

Re: SKINS!
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2008, 11:11 »

This sounds like some combination of Degrassi and maybe Full House?

In other words what I am trying to say is that there are likely good reasons it isn't shown in the US.

Also, I get tired of the fact that practically every single show about teens is all, "Everyone has an eating disorder does drugs is sexually promiscuous bad at math etc."

benji

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2008, 11:53 »

I've actually seen a couple episodes of this show and it isn't that bad. It would be easy to dismiss it as another teen drama, but it was actually well written, well acted, and well directed from what I saw. Would I watch it if it were on here? Well, I don't watch TV very often, so probably not.

But I don't think I watched it enough to have favorites or anything like that. And I don't want to "do" even fictional 16 year olds, thank you very much.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*
« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2008, 12:47 »

I've always been very skeptical if teen dramas but Skins is excellent. It went a to "dramaish" at the end of the first series and the start of the second series but the last few episodes have been fucking excellent.

Cassie is probably my favourite character, although they are all excellent. My least favourite character is probably Michelle, she is just a bit shit and is hardly ever funny whilst the rest of them are magic.
Get off my land

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2008, 20:12 »

I actually really don't like this show. It's basically in the same vein as Shameless (which I didn't mind too much for the first half of season 1) but none of the characters are at all likeable (except maybe the dude in the glasses). I'm just not into teenage drama I guess.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce
« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2008, 01:02 »

I am going to go watch this, mostly because Kyle XY is fucking boring shit right now and there's really nothing else out there that interests me.

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2008, 10:53 »

i watched the first series. not because it was any good, but because everyone would talk about it the next day.

althoguh chris was hilarious ( i think his name was chris?...)

lol@yourface

« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2008, 16:01 »

if your thinking of the one who wears weird clothing thats brightly coloured and hes quite usually stonned has brown hair then yeah chris.
I love skins
I think its amazing.

studiosity

« Reply #8 on: 10 Apr 2008, 01:42 »

I think the first series was better than the second.
Shameless, on the other hand, rules. Series five is seriously funny.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite
« Reply #9 on: 10 Apr 2008, 03:42 »

Skins was good the first season. Then atleast it was partially absurb/funny. Now it's completely drama.

The only thing that was entertaining about it was chris

<spoiler>

and now he's dead...

</spoiler>

Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Luke C

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • http://www.john87.com
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2008, 09:19 »

Season 1 of skins was good, series 2 was a let down. For me it never really got going. It felt 'watered down' somewhat.

Apparently season 3 is going to be a mostly new cast, based around Tony's sister Effey. I can see it either being a return to the goodness of season 1 or a further decline of a once enthralling show.
"These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people's money to settle the quarrel." Lincoln in 1837

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2008, 03:18 »

I just watched all of series one, and I really liked it. It was well written and a good mix of comedy and drama. That being said looking back I realise that the only characters who I really liked were Sid and Cassie; Tony was just a shit, Michelle was boring, I had no connection with Chris, and I felt that Maxxie and Anwar were one dimensional. Jal could have been good, I liked her in her episode, but she didn't get much to do after that, I mean Sid, Tony, Chris, Cassie and Michelle all had their relationship stuff, and Maxxie and Anwar had to deal with the clash of religion against way of life, but Jal was just there to act as a story aid to everyone else.

Also I completely didn't realise that effy didn't talk until it was bluntly stated in the last episode.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up