THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A new thread about cycling  (Read 27030 times)

Phil73805

Re: A new thread about cycling
« Reply #100 on: 16 Jun 2008, 01:51 »

Road riding is a completely different kind of fun, some would call it suffering, than off road riding.

Phil I also neglected to post my road bike so this might explain why I like to road ride a little better ;-)

Ok Crohnsy fair enough *drools* Carbon Fibre frame? I think road riding would be great if it weren't for the cars, I used to ride a bike to school and got knocked down 4 or 5 times. It's a great way to put down the miles and it would be a really good outlet come the winter but I don't fancy 'negotiating' with 2 ton metal monstrosities for the right to live :D

bujiatang

« Reply #101 on: 16 Jun 2008, 11:55 »

I rode out to Hopkins two weeks ago.

The ammo box is what I carry the camera in.  The other bags I lug food and a change of clothes in.  The Midtown Greenway is an awesome place to cruise, but people are friendlier closer to the river I think.

Nothing says shadenfruede like drafting someone in spandex though.  I hate it when people damn near clip your handlebars without so much as a "passing on the left." I can ride 18-20 for about 15 miles before need to take it easy.  I'll draft the bastard till he's blue in the face.  ever ride with an anarchist brake caliper? thats me--the grinning goon on an old french road bike BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

seriously though folks, etiquette is not a sign of weakness.

Phil73805

« Reply #102 on: 16 Jun 2008, 15:49 »

Got to respect a man that has a Kierkegaard quotation in his signature. He's marginally less opaque than Heidegger :D

crohnsy

• Plantmonster
  • hmm....
« Reply #103 on: 17 Jun 2008, 18:20 »

Yeah Phil  full carbon  frame, frame, fork, pedals, handlebar, and post   :D

I'm getting depressed its been pretty much raining where i live non stop for the last 2 months   making for a terrible trail conditions and wet roads :(

Phil73805

« Reply #104 on: 18 Jun 2008, 10:43 »

Rain on the trails does bring about one of life's great joys...MUD! There's nothing like doing downhill runs through sketchy mud when the bike is trying it's utmost to throw you off!...It occurs to me that I'm quite strange... :D

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO
« Reply #105 on: 19 Jun 2008, 15:45 »

crohnsy that Cannondale is gorgeous.  What's the componentry?

crohnsy

• Plantmonster
  • hmm....
« Reply #106 on: 19 Jun 2008, 19:26 »

crohnsy that Cannondale is gorgeous.  What's the componentry?

Thanks greenMonkey.

The bike is pretty much just a stock SuperSIX 3

which means as far as spec goes it has

Full carbon frame and fork
Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset
Maxxis tires
Cannondale SI carbon cranks 53/39
Ultegra 12-25 cassette
Ultegra SL derailleurs
Ultegra SL brakes
Ultegra SL  Shifters/brake levers

Easton EC 70 bar
Control tech Scandium stem
Control Tech Team Issue seat post.  Carbon wrapped
Fi'zi:k Arione Mg saddle

The extras I've put on are the Crank Brothers Quattro Ti Pedals, Nokon shift/brake housing ( for those that don't know its aluminum beads that connect together), Cateye Strada Wireless Computer, and Axiom silver Carbon cages

All told Just under 17 lbs including pedals cages and computer.  ^^

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO
« Reply #107 on: 20 Jun 2008, 11:10 »

Here's my bike, apologies for the not-so-good picture.

LeMond Tourmalet

Aluminum frame, carbon fork and carbon seatpost.  The gruppo is pretty much all Shimano 105, except for the brakes which are Cane Creek.  The wheels are Bontrager Select, with Bontrager Race Lite tires.  I added stainless steel Speedplay Zero pedals, a Sigma computer (can't remember the model), and some Bontrager composite bottle cages.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2008, 11:13 by greenMonkey »

crohnsy

• Plantmonster
  • hmm....
« Reply #108 on: 20 Jun 2008, 19:32 »

Nice ride green  bet she zipps around pretty well.   Just one thing i noticed  you have reflectors on your bike still, did you know they slow you down 2mph per reflector?

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO
« Reply #109 on: 20 Jun 2008, 20:44 »

Yeah, I should probably take those off.  I don't ride in the dark or anytime near dawn or dusk.  I literally just got the bike two weeks ago, so I've been more concerned with getting used to how it rides and handles.  Thanks for the heads up though.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2008, 20:46 by greenMonkey »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up