THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 23:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 759280 times)

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!

I'm told that exercise will help your sore back. Someone care to back this up? This is a zero personal experience area for me.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

Do yoga, followed by total muscle relaxation.
Hate, rain on me

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Dear blog thread,

The last three days, I have done nothing but work and play D&D. The gaming sessions have been exceptionally good recently, since I'm starting to gain a better footing with my knowledge of the game. Right now I'm a chaotic neutral elven ranger who enjoys barfights.

In addition to that, over the past several weeks, I've been forming a crush on a girl back in California who I met in May during my 10 day stopover between Albania and here. We share a lot of interests (she plays guitar and rock climbs) and she's basically the coolest person ever. And the fact that she decided to cut her hair short and go for a semi-mohawk is not only rad, but she looks damn good with it, too.

I don't know for sure whether or not the attraction is mutual (and I won't make that kind of assumption), but I have my suspicions. We'll definitely be hanging out (JAM SESSION!!!1!!) while I make a two-week stopover back in California en route back to Albania, and that might provide some insight as to whether or not she actually likes me. If she doesn't, well, it sucks, but I'll live, and she's fun to hang out with anyway. If she does, great! But it would definitely suck ass to be that far apart from somebody you want to get to know better and possibly pursue a relationship with.

Lady Fate is a little bitch to play chess with, it would seem.

Yours in check,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.

Dollface, trust me here, if the cops are mad ad you, they do not send letters. They park police cruisers in you front yards and knock on your door in a threatening, Orwellian way. I know because I once got in a huge fight at my bus stop, got my ass kicked, and then was promptly sued by the parents of the High School wrestler that imprinted road stripes on my face.
Not so sure about these things anymore.

Thaes

• Furry furrier

Bah! My training session has been postponed until next Tuesday! Very frustrating, I tell ya.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

I'm told that exercise will help your sore back. Someone care to back this up? This is a zero personal experience area for me.

Yes. I threw my back out a few weeks back and it stung like a bitch. After a week of routinely walking and doing occasional stretching, it seems to have sorted itself out.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

No, believe me Obsessions, you really really need to get that looked at. If you do ANYTHING to your back and it hurts for more than a day it will come back for all eternity and never leave you alone. My friend did something similar playing baseball. He hurt his back swinging but he was fine again in a few days. Not too much later playing football his back spasmed randomly and he had to sit out. Later he went to a doctor and he had screwed up a nerve in his spine. Not hugely, of course, but enough to be dangerous.

I did the same thing after getting thrown in a wrestling match and I still will randomly get a back spasm (as in my back seizes up in crazy pain and I can't move for 15 seconds). I went to see the doctor and it turns out I did something very minor to a nerve but it would cost an inordinate amount to get surgery for it, which I don't want to do right now.

So please, get it looked at, that can seriously screw you up. I have a more dramatic example of a friend who broke a leg jumping out of a tree, only to find out 7 years later that he had broken his back at the same time and no one knew. So get it checked out!

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

My ex-father-in-law hurt his back and then did heavy labor for a couple more days. Then one day he finally fell down in a heap and the took him to the hospital.

His back was unfixable. They slapped a morphine pump into him and put him on disability. After hanging around in misery for another 20 years, he died of complications a few years ago, right after Thanksgiving dinner.

Basically, what I am saying is that this could fuck up your whole life.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2008, 10:50 by Edith »
Ho, ho, ho!

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES

Blog Blog Blog,

The yellow birdies are back!

They moved me to a cubicle by the windows last year, and while the view isn't exactly exciting, it's better than a wall.  I have trees to look at, and there's a little tree/bush that these little yellow birds come and land on, right outside my window.  They were around most of last year, and I hadn't seen them yet this year, but they're back now. 

I'll try to get some pictures next time I see them.  The pictures will suck because the windows are dirty and if I open the blinds I'll scare them away.  Plus my phonecam isn't great.  But I'll try, because QC Forums, you're worth it.

Yay for little yellow birdies!
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Aimless

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Untss untss untss untss

Tonight, for the first time in over two years, I managed to cut my head while shaving. I dunno what happened, I just slipped and bam, a square centimetre of skin came right offa the top of my head. Of course, I couldn't stop because I was right in the middle of shaving, and I couldn't very well NOT get hot water on that patch or avoid having the razor go over it a few more times. But what's bothering me the most right now is that I can't assess how bad the damage is. I'm worried that I may have actually lost the hair-follicles on that part of my head, which might mean I'll have a ridiculous little bald patch there for the foreseeable future. My evenly stubbled head is one of the few aspects of my appearance that I rather like, so that loss would be quite terrible :( I'd be forced to keep my head completely clean-shaven at ALL times, in that case.

A more immediate problem is that this will look ridiculous or just distasteful for a while, and I wanna go out partying some this weekend. And the town's coming back to life again so next week onwards there'll be a lot of partying and showing your face (and head, esp. the top of your head if you're a midget like myself) in various places... and I rather dislike the thought of having a scab right on the top of my head during this most important time of impression-making.

Man, this day started off so well, too.

The fiiiirst cut is the deepest :'(
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Leinad

You can most likely pull off a hat, you know. It is currently in fashion to wear a hat with a flat brim with a shaved or buzzed head. I know a lot of my friends do it and we party a fair amount.

Scrambled Egg Machine

Or a boonie cover with a crew cut, which is what I do.

0bsessions

• Quiki

People who wear caps without breaking in the rim deserve to be trampled by mad elephants.

Seriously, people: bend the brim and put your fucking hats on straight. You all look like assholes.
JON MADE ME GAY

Leinad

It depends on what kind of hat you are wearing. If it is an actual baseball cap then you might make it look like you actually use it, but if you are wearing a Motocross brand hat, don't, for gods sakes, bend it. It is not meant to be and if I see one more idiot wearing a Fox hat with a bent brim I will castrate them with the shreads of their own dignity.

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

I still say we should all go back to wearing fedoras and bowler hats.

Those were the days.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

People who wear caps without breaking in the rim deserve to be trampled by mad elephants.

Seriously, people: bend the brim and put your fucking hats on straight. You all look like assholes.

FUCKIN' A COTTON!  FUCKIN' A!

I feel like I should blog, cause I havent for a while.

BalrogTreads:

I'm out of school fro 2 weeks, but it kinda sucks.  I cant register for classes because of a stupid advisement hold on my account from January.  Huh?  The classes, I wish to take, more-or less have shitty times.  My father, after offering to pay for my tuition because he needs me to move back in and help with household duties cause he was offered a new job 80 miles out of town, wants to go down there with me and look at what I am taking.  Oh yes, Vegas was awesome!
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Scrambled Egg Machine

Anyways, you know prohibition was a huge joke if you lived in Chicago. Booze was easy to find. Back to fedoras it is.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh lord. I should've known when I was all tired yesterday and spontaneously threw up (!) during lunch. I went to bed last night at 11 PM. I woke up at 12 AM feeling incredibly cold. Putting on more covers made me feel incredibly hot. I felt like puking my guts out. I tried to sleep but from 1 till 5 I was beset by constant nightmares about being in the trenches in WWI. I felt like I was going to die, both in the dream and in reality. Then I sweated it out (my pillows were soaked when my mom checked on me after waking her with my moaning) but I had a pounding headache. So I took half of a vicodin, which helped some. But that's worn off and now it's 15 hours later and I'm shivering in a 79 degree room.

Goddamn summer flu. Somebody kill me.

*edit - blah, temperature's hovering around 102 degrees.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2008, 16:14 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Yeah, being sick is pretty awful. Right now, I'm just drunk and feeling kind of sorry for myself; it's comparable, but not so bad as feeling sick. I'm just annoyed because I met a nice girl a over this last summer, but now she has to go back to college several hours drive away and my car just died. It's not an insurmountable dilemma, but I'll still be seeing less of her than I would like.

I guess what I'm trying to say is A BLOO BLA BLOO BLOO BLOOOO!
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

oh hello again blog thread,

i am not entirely sober myself, but i am listening to the new girl talk album and finishing the rest of my beer and feeling pretty damn cheerful for someone who doesn't have a place to stay in september and might be getting cut off financially which isn't a huuuge deal really because i don't spend irresponsibly and actually have some money in my bank account.

speaking of blogs, a friend of mine that i haven't seen since we used to work together has started keeping one and is probably going to get a publishing deal eventually and when he does i doubt he's going to remember that i'm the one who encouraged him to keep writing his odd little stories in the first place. i'm not bitter or anything, i just miss him, and i was thinking "hey, i haven't seen that guy in ages" and then i find him on the blogosphere and maybe i should message him on facebook so we can make plans for hangouts but probably not cause it would seem like a date and i have a boyfriend.

note: when i am sober i don't use terms like blogosphere and i try to keep the run-on sentences to a minimum. 

love,
anna
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

oh hello again blog thread,

i am listening to the new girl talk album

The first two minutes of that album are absolutely GENIUS.

Anyway.

I'm really disappointed in this thing called "College" so far. I think i chose the wrong one. It's nice to be close enough to home that I can go home when I need to, but it's a little too close so that I feel like I'm not doing anything new or exciting. I wanted a small school with a semi-small student population, but this campus is absolutely tiny and the student population is frankly not all that interesting. Further, I feel pretty out of the loop. I'm usually very good and meeting new people and making friends with them fast, but here, it seems like somehow everyone already has groups of people they're hanging out with, even though there's hardly anyone from the local area except me, really. People are from all over the country and nearly 1/4 of the students are international. But they've all made fast friends; I've not. It's not for lack of trying, I've been going up to people and talking, asking them what they're up to, etc., but nothing ever really comes of it and no one has really started a conversation with me. It really sucks. I'm walking around the campus alone, eating lunch alone..I've never had to deal with this sort of thing; I was unpopular during junior high but I was fairly "popular" and  I had numerous and easily-made friends in high school. I feel quite lonely. And I'm kind of starting to lose my self-confidence over it. Anyway, even though the academic part of the school is really good, there's other things to consider and this just isn't cutting it so far. It's not fair to pass judgement on it yet, but I think I'll be transferring, if not at semester than certainly next year.

Enough ranting.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

guys right now the film 'cliffhanger' is showing on the spanish language channel

what a great film

oh dang john lithgow died
it's time to stop posting

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

what? really?

hear smog bled,

You know who's unusually sexy when you're running a high fever?

Bob Costas. What a sexy beast.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

no he is in the movie cliffhanger

and he uh actually didn't die in the movie until later or in real life either

also bob costas sucks, kvp maybe you should get to bed
it's time to stop posting

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Oh, thank God. Lithgow's a ham, but a good ham.

I may be sweating profusely, but I don't want to go to bed when I'm just going to wake up shortly and have all sorts of vivid nightmares. But I'll have to shortly if my temp goes up and the hallucinations start. I really hope this doesn't last 2 weeks like it did last time. This will have been the worst of it, but still. I have birthday parties to attend. My own birthday parties.

Goddamn it's cold.

Also man Anna Bob Costas is a font of sports wisdom and he deserves your respect don't even front. If that makes my fever-taste in men suspect, then so be it.

Whaaat race walking is an olympic sport? Surely mine eyes deceive me.
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2008, 22:12 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

GODDAMN YOU

GODDAMN YOU TO HELL

Dear Blog Thread,

Today I realised that I am twenty-one years old, and almost twenty-two. I also realised that an increasing number of people in bands I idolise, and other people I admire, are my age, or were when they did their best work. Meanwhile, I'm still living at home, still educated, still working a crappy menial casual job for fuck-all pay. What's worse is I'm not likely to improve this situation in any meaningful way for a fair while yet.

When I see the aforementioned people, I see adults, adults who are doing something. I don't feel like an adult. I don't feel like a teenager either. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about myself. I wonder when I'm going to "grow up." Of course I am ONLY 21, so how the hell do people who are still living at home into their 30's feel?

Of course this all ties into my anxiety about finishing my education soon, and having to go find a job, and actually do this "growing up," I guess. It's just weird to be on the threshold of a completely new stage of my life, and with absolutely no idea what to do or how to go about it. I feel like I'm coasting.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

It's just weird to be on the threshold of a completely new stage of my life, and with absolutely no idea what to do or how to go about it.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."  John Lennon, from Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy).
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2008, 03:37 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Whaaat race walking is an olympic sport? Surely mine eyes deceive me.

Oh man, don't get me started on competitive walking. Oh shit, you did!

A couple of Olympicses ago, my brother and I - feeling that magical combination of boredom and curiosity - video-taped a couple of minutes of the walking. We then played it back, frame-by-frame, to see what was happening.

You know how the number 1 rule in competitive walking is "no lifting"? Or in other words, "you always have to have at least one foot on the ground at all times"? You know how you're supposed to get disqualified if you break that rule? When we played the tape back, every competitor, every step of the way, was lifting. Now, the Olympics is basically a big farce at the best of times as far as I'm concerned, but walking? A farce within a farce, my friend. A farce within a farce.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Dear Blog Thread,

I'm still stressed out about that thing I was talking about two posts ago, but now I own another album with the word "Fuck" in the title. So I'm a little better. E-hugs still appreciated, however.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

David, I don't know if this will help or make things worse, but I'm 34 years old, own a home and car, have been out of my parents' home since before you started school, and have a failed marriage behind me.

I *still* keep wondering when I will start feeling like an adult.

I think it is part of the human condition to look around and compare ourselves to others and feel like we come up short. All you can do is keep working at acheiving our goals.

*hugs*
Ho, ho, ho!

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch

dearest blag thread,

My sinuses hate me. I'm sneezing all over the place because my allergies are acting up. I'm taking Claratin. It helps, but my poor poor sinuses are on fire. Insert frowny face here.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

0bsessions

• Quiki

You know who's unusually sexy when you're running a high fever?

Bob Hoskins. What a sexy beast.

That is how I read this initially.

I was quite a bit perturbed.

I'm not saying I consider Costas a step up, though.
JON MADE ME GAY

0bsessions

• Quiki

You know you want it:

JON MADE ME GAY

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

I'm still stressed out about that thing I was talking about two posts ago, but now I own another album with the word "Fuck" in the title. So I'm a little better. E-hugs still appreciated, however.

*hug*

Everyone that's met you seems to think you are pretty goddamn great, so I would say you are doing well with your life, even if it doesn't seem like you are. Cheer up! You still have plenty of time left to do something crazy-awesome!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

college rant

my school is also fairly close to home so my parents expect me to visit them on a regular basis. and i feel guilty for not wanting to but my mom is just an additional source of stress in my life and i've been trying to avoid her.  and i don't have that many opportunities to just see my dad, since they do live together.

academically speaking, my program is difficult, and not in a fun challenge sort of way, more in a soul-eating, social-life-destroying sort of way (i am convinced that if i didn't have such a heavy courseload i would have made wayyy more friends during my first year) . now i am trying to switch majors and encountering all sorts of lovely technical difficulties when trying to register for my courses online. what happened to pen and paper registration? surely, it would be a lot easier to deal with than this nonsense.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

Dovey if you get concerned that you are not as grown up as you should be, you should just look at me and be thankful you are not an overgrown 23 year old manboy who still drinks and takes drugs like he is a 17 year old and is studying linguistics because a talking comic dinosaur made it sound like a good idea.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Okay, fever... round two!

Man, it's hot. I really hope this doesn't last much longer.

Meanwhile...IS THIS COOL?
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2008, 11:54 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES

The little yellow birds never came back.  :-(  I hope I haven't offended them or anything. 
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Sup blog thread,

Deposited my paycheck yesterday (drop box, fuck yeah). I am no longer in debt!  :mrgreen:

I also got my new phone and the SIM card for it (bonus points: unlimited texting plan), so as soon as I get a charger and get that fucker charged, I will be able to text you all with a vengeance.

I am wearing my pink shoes today.

Goodbye,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Dissy

your new phone didn't come with a charger?  Every new phone I have purchased have had one...
I fuck at typos

benji

Excellence and exceptionality are not tolerated in high school. You must endeavor to me more mediocre in the future.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé

Dear Blog Thread,

So I've now been out of my parents' house for five days, and for the most part I'm really liking it.  I'm currently transfixed by the mysteries of this apartment building.  There are about fifteen units, but I've been home most of the day, all five days, and have only seen people going in and out of three of them--I've never seen anyone more than two days in a row.  

One guy knocked on our door at 12:30 a.m. our second night here to give us a security bar to put in the sliding glass door.  He told my boyfriend that he bought it when he moved in but never used it, because no one ever comes around here.  I didn't come to the door to meet him, because I was in my underwear, but my boyfriend hasn't seen him again.

Another guy was shirtless and had paint-splattered jeans and spent yesterday sitting in a chair at the top of the stairs, chain smoking and watching the empty courtyard--he walked up to our screen door mid-afternoon and asked if I knew whose dusty mini-grill was there by the picnic table.  When I told him I didn't; we'd only been here a few days, he walked back up to his top-of-the-stairs perch and watched for another half hour, then finally came down again and took the grill up into #8.  

Today, a couple of men are going in and out of #9, carrying armfuls of stuff.  One is an older guy in a Hawaiian shirt.  The other is younger, wearing a baseball cap and a t-shirt from the local university, which I will be attending when it starts in a month.  Probably a dad helping his son move in.  But then why did the younger guy just empty an entire bag of sand onto the ground at the bottom of the stairs?  Were they the ones who dropped a half-used bottle of lotion and a pocket comb at our doorstep?

As far as I can tell, there is no one but us on the ground floor, and no one at all on the third floor.  What is this place?

All I know is that watching out the windows is better than watching television as I wait for the laundry to finish.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

The thing is though that verbal activity counts as a plus on the final term grade, so I have to... Shit, give wrong answers? I dunno.

Just keep your answers under two dozen syllables. It could be worse though; I once had a science teacher who didn't know penguins are birds.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Dissy

Man, I have/had a professor, in college, who is 5 years older than I am.  He is seriously one of the coolest professors I've had.
I fuck at typos

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

KFK

We get to call 'em CFC's, I'm not surprised that it's spelt that way.

benji

Dear blogaboo,

Yesterday, I went on a business trip. 2 1/2 hours there, 2 hours speaking, 2 1/2 hours back = most of a work day devoted to a single, 2 hour talk that I probably could have done remotely.

So in reality, I spent most of the time talking to a coworker as we wound our way through the mountains of rural Kentucky. Now, this coworker is a nice guy, somewhere in his late 50s. We get a long well. But some moments with him just seem off kilter. Somewhere not far from our destination, the classical music that we've been listening to on the radio starts to break up, so he reaches for a his CDs. One after another, he pulls a CD out, glances at it, puts it back. Finally, he finds the one he's looking for and slides it in. I think I catch a glimpse of the title "Avril Lavigne live," but think at first that I must have missed something. I haven't. And so there we are, 2 men in suits, driving to speak to a group of college professors, listening to a live acoustic version of "Sk8r boy."

I road in silence, trying to think of something to say that wasn't about the music. I wondered if he had put it on for me, if one of his daughters had maybe left it in the car and if he had thought "well this is something young folks like, right?" But I don't know, I somehow think his daughters probably don't listen to this either, so that makes it his. He likes these songs aimed at teenage girls.

We arrive, we do our meeting, it goes well, and he puts something else on for the ride back. But that half hour, listening to Avril Lavigne, has convinced me that I don't understand my coworkers at all.
This signature is intentionally left blank.

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.

I'm trying to decide if I still want to go to see Lewis Black tonight. I'm still very sick and my coughing gets worse at night. I'm leaning towards going.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

so I have to... Shit, give wrong answers? I dunno.

Of course not.  Be straightforward, diffident even, if it seems to help, but try to be right - always.  I don't know your setup, but trouble usually means referral to a higher authority, and they, more often than you might fear, tend to have more understanding.  That situation sucks, though - you have my commiserations.

CFC = chlorofluorocarbon.  Does Norwegian really spell Chlorine and Carbon with a K?
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2008, 15:14 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Yes, we do - klor and karbon. Cs generally aren't used much at all, mostly in adopted "loanwords" (that cannot be the word I am looking for? But the dictionary said so.), like scene (as in stage) and bacon.

Scrambled Egg Machine

Loanwords is the correct usage. Trust the dictionary.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 82   Go Up