THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 04:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 753497 times)

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

Well then, I didn't quite expect that reaction.
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Go to Scotland instead!

Edinburgh is lovely, and the western isles have some of the most beautiful scenery around. Glasgow is also very nice, if a bit big.

Lines

• Awakened

Cool. Is it an orchestra type concert or more of a rock show type dealy? I'm thinking of going to the NIN/Boris show tomorrow, but my friends are being really douchey about it.

Rock show type. If I was going to the symphony alone, I wouldn't really mind. (I'm seeing Shiny Toy Guns, The Ting Tings, and Safetysuit.)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

If your friends can come in a separate car or somesuch (so that they won't get stranded if you can't find tickets) there's always scalpers. If you've got the money, that is.

Nog spread,

It's officially 1 week until the deadline for application to My College of Choice and they still list my application as being "incomplete". And I know for an absolute fact that they got all my materials, and I mean they were sent directly to the admissions office. I'm starting to get nervous. I've called and sent emails and they've sent back assurances but nothing's actually changed. Maybe something went wrong? The only thing they haven't listed as received is my letter of rec and that was faxed. I don't think I can get in touch with that teacher during thanksgiving break.

Fuuuuuuuuck.

UPDATE - I just got an email from the head of Applications, and they're going to ignore the letter of rec requirement and review my file without it, if they can't find it. Thank fuck.
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2008, 15:31 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

I go to concerts alone all the time. It doesn't really bother me that much. I even went to a day-long festival by myself a couple of months ago.

Basically none of my friends share in a large part of my musical tastes, so if I want to see bands when they come through town then I have no choice.

Usually I am too busy shaking my butt to even really pay much attention to the fact that I am not there to mouth off to my friends. Really the more I think about I think it is silly that people make such a big deal about having someone to go to a concert with. I mean, it might be nice but it is by no means essential. It is usually too loud to have any kind of conversation with anyone and anyway if you are trying to have a conversation during a gig shut up I'm trying to watch a band you fuck.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

Friends are nice pre and post show. During the show itself it doesn't matter.

Post show it's kind of cool to talk to strangers and agree on how rad something was.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

if you are trying to have a conversation during a gig shut up I'm trying to watch a band you fuck.

THIS. SO MUCH. Jesus I fucking hate people who talk while bands are playing. Or worse, talk on their motherfucking cell phones while bands are playing. When I went to see Explosions in The Sky, there was a group of guys standing right in front of the stage, fucking talking on their cell phones. At one point, one of the dudes stuck his finger in his ear, and turned his back to the band, so he could talk on his cell phone. I really wanted to punch him.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

for me, i have to have someone to go to a show with because i rarely go to any local shows and beyond that i'd have to drive to Seattle by myself (an hour and a half drive) and fuck that. i hate driving and i fucking hate big cities more than anything, so i'm not about to confront that shit by myself.

going to Seattle is pretty much like going to Russia for me: totally foreign and very intimidating. i need a friend with me otherwise i just won't go.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

I think that's a sign that you should go to more local shows. Even if they suck. I go to shows by myself all the time, because they are at a bar and my best friend is guaranteed to be there. My best friend's name is Beer, and he sometimes comes with his girlfriend, Whatever's-on-Special.  And I go so often that I made friends there; show buddies you just chat with for a bit between bands and maybe dance with during.

And talking on your phone during a show is just moronic. If you really want to talk to someone, there's texting.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I have been accepted at My School of Choice!

Man, that was fast.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

Good jorb! What's yr school of choice?

I just ate my first meal in six days! Oh god why do I have so many problems
it's time to stop posting

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Sometimes you don't have time to eat!

And I got into Colorado State University. It's not particularly prestigious, but I figure prestige don't mean much as an undergrad. After my bachelor's, it's private school time! Maybe.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!

Dear Blog Thread,

Brief reader, first-time caller. I'm currently applying to my school's Education Abroad Program (as noted in the Study A Broad thread I posted a few mos. ago) to study in Scotland for a semester (either Glasgow or Edinburgh), but I have no idea what I should write as far as my Personal Statement goes. I think that the people reading my application will frown upon "I really like your country's music and things stuck in a deep-fryer, please let me study in you". How should I begin attacking this thing?

Best,
Christopher

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU

What are you studying? Chances are the some Scottish guy has invented something related to it, so you could talk about how that interests you.

abadname

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • double plus good
    • http://www.myspace.com/roseofsharyn7

I'm pretty sure talking about how you love the culture and food and you'd like to explore it more would work pretty well.  But thats just my opinion.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

And I go so often that I made friends there; show buddies you just chat with for a bit between bands and maybe dance with during.

I made so many single-serving friends at the festival I went to alone that I mentioned earlier (ecstasy is a hell of a drug)

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Dear Blog Thread,

Brief reader, first-time caller. I'm currently applying to my school's Education Abroad Program (as noted in the Study A Broad thread I posted a few mos. ago) to study in Scotland for a semester (either Glasgow or Edinburgh), but I have no idea what I should write as far as my Personal Statement goes. I think that the people reading my application will frown upon "I really like your country's music and things stuck in a deep-fryer, please let me study in you". How should I begin attacking this thing?

Best,
Christopher

Our deep-fried foods are amazing. Things you have got to try if you come: Battered mealie (white) pudding, battered mars bars, battered haggis, battered batter.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

O' Blogther, Where Art Thou

the last four days have pretty much been the best. on Saturday i went against my better judgment and bought a PS3 along with LittleBigPlanet so, naturally, i spent the weekend getting stoned and and creating giant, animated monsters which was really awesome. Then yesterday was a real pile of shit because it pretty much felt like i was having a heart-attack all day due to some gnarly heartburn that lasted 8 hours and only stopped because i ate a whole pack of Rolaids and then got drunk.

Which brings me to the other awesome thing that happened:

i have found my people! it was my friends 21st birthday yesterday so we all decided to go to a bar, get drunk, and play some pool. Well, by sheer coicidence a couple people i went to highschool with were at the bar and you know what they were doing? watching Heroes!
apparently, they do it every week.

i wish i would have found out about it sooner but oh well. now i have people to watch Heroes and get drunk with yay!
« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2008, 10:59 by Scandanavian War Machine »
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

At least it's less than halfway into the season. Imagine if you'd discovered the place right before the writers' strike last year.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

yeah, that would have been lame.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page

Hog Leg,

I'm going to be an ignorant cunt and just post my stuff here without even acknowledging other people because honestly I just read through 10 pages of stuff and there is way too much I wanted to comment on for me to go back and start.

I started playing World of Warcraft again. This is not particularly noteworthy aside from I already took a sick day from work just to play it - I was ill when Wrath of the Lich King was released, spent the weekend sat in front of the PC, mostly without getting dressed because that would involve leaving the PC but was fine by Monday - and am generally spending all my free time on it. My original plan was to limit my playtime lest I get addicted again and I don't seem to be doing a great job of that. Realising how much I missed on these forums when I was originally lurking pretty heavily and checking all the time has rammed this home a bit, too.

Playing WoW, though, has reminded me of a dumb decision I made shortly before I quit. Basically, I was offered an opportunity to work for Blizzard, move to France, escape this dead end place I hate and do a job I'm excellent at while expanding my horizons. I chose not to, because leaving would involve leaving behind a girl I am completely enamoured with, even though that is a dead end in terms of romance. She is my best friend though, which is easily just as awesome. I subsequently lied about my decision to everybody I know because I know my friends would have crucified me for it.

Away from this, my oldest friend - previously the star of such previous thread posts as 'wow my friend got arrested' and 'I bought him £200 worth of Metallica stuff' - hasn't let up with being a dickhead. After going into critical depression for a period after the 'episode' with his ex-girlfriend, he found out she'd been seeing somebody else and suddenly doesn't seem to shoulder any guilt or remorse about what happened, which disgusts me to my core. I can't bear to see him, he isn't changing at all from the douche he'd been acting like for the past three months and I'm left wondering why I couldn't see this coming earlier. I'm not a guy who calls a lot of people 'friends' so now I am left with the girl mentioned above and another woman I don't really see as often as I'd like.

This evening my mother flooded out the house while trying to bleed her radiator and afterwards I just sat terrified in my room, not moving or making a sound, not even listening to music, because of some stupid fear she would lose it and beat the crap out of me, even though she hasn't raised so much as a finger to me in four years. Now she is getting drunk but I hope to be asleep before she gets obliterated.

Generally I feel like things are coming to a dead end. It is a time for change but I don't see what, or how I can achieve it. Things had generally been pretty good and even this week got off to an amazing start, but now suddenly everything seems to be crashing down at once. Maybe I am being melodramatic. I'm in the process of applying for a loan and, after finally finding somebody who would approve it despite my abysmal credit history and my employment status - I am a temp even though I am regularly being introduced onto new products and have been working there for almost a year - it is now looking like I won't be able to get it because of documentation... the guy from the loan company is coming tomorrow morning and I can't print my bank statements from my online service - off the back of my mother flooding out her room and ruining the printer - and I can't find my passport, haven't been able to find it since I got back from Paris for the job interview mentioned above. Not getting the loan will not screw me over in any great way, but I wanted to buy something as part of a hilariously overblown gesture to 'the girl' and I won't be able to put the deposit down in time if I can't get the money in the next couple weeks.

Full circle! But it is crappy.

Still, I am going to London on Sunday to hang out with a WoW friend I have not seen for a long time, and to see Coheed & Cambria's Neverender week thing. It should be a lot of fun, and after that it is relaxation week at work, with free food, massages and general fun things, then it will be my birthday and Xmas! So hopefully things will sort themselves out while I am drunk.

End. Sorry for the mindless self indulgence.

And also Mr. Dski I hope you are recovering well!

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Seems to me that since you're regretting the decision to not move away and start a new job that maybe you should re-visit the idea. If you are good enough at what you do to be offered a job like that with Blizzard, then I daresay that you could find similar positions elsewhere.

Hey Blog Thread. At work, we have a dark room, which has an awesome cylindrical revolving door. We put a bat symbol on the outside of the door, so every time someone goes in, it's like they're going into the bat cave. I love working with massive nerds.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

jealousy

CarrionMan

• The RP Syndicate

cylindrical revolving door

I've never seen a non-cylindrical revolving door. Are there such things?
"I am accusing war. I am accusing man. I am accusing universal stupidity."

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Oh I wish there were conical revolving doors.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Well, the actual door itself is cylindrical, rather than most revolving doors which are generally a + shape or - shape in a cylindrical well/frame.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

CarrionMan

• The RP Syndicate

Awesome!

"I am accusing war. I am accusing man. I am accusing universal stupidity."

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Man it kind of confuses me when people pictures of other people as their avatars.

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce

Blog thread!

Guys guys guys, today I found out how much my Christmas bonus is, 500-friggin-dollars man. Here's me thinking I am a pretty mediocre, if not completely useless, employee.

Absolute Sandman Volume 3 and 4 and The Complete Calvin and Hobbes here I come!

schimmy

• The Tickler

Today:
After two weeks of being half-deaf, my left ear popped and I can hear again!
A pair of Doc Martens that I ordered arrived in the mail.
I paid off some money that I've owed DHL since before last summer.

My problems are currently these:
I am waiting on offers from Universities. What grades they all ask for is very important, but there's nothing more I can do at this point so I am trying not to think about it.
My girlfriend possibly had a blood clot in her lung last week. Doctors said it was either that or an asthma attack, and that it's unlikely that it was asthma. She is going to the doctors tomorrow to get checked up again and I am remaining optimistic!

So, basically, everything I have control over is good, but things that I do not have control over could quickly turn very bad indeed.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

valley_parade

• coprophage

Hopping on this "other people as your avatar" thing.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lines

• Awakened

Mine is full of love.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Mine is just pure awesome. I win again.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Its always about winning with you isn't it Liz?
Whatever happened to the spirit of it? You didn't used to be about such fierce competition Liz. Not in the few months I've known you have you been this adamant about always winning.

Do you need a hug?
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

It is not about winning. It is about drawing attention to that little bit of Tommy's tummy that would not stay beneath his shirt.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Its always about winning with you isn't it Liz?
Whatever happened to the spirit of it? You didn't used to be about such fierce competition Liz. Not in the few months I've known you have you been this adamant about always winning.

I always play to win, especially if the heart of my Nordic Knight (thanks, Roddy) is on the line.
Liz is touching me.

valley_parade

• coprophage

That Nordic Knight?
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

No, not quite. Can you try again?
Liz is touching me.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

I don't know you people  :-(
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Shane, Jace so kindly stepped in to help you out and produced this shining masterpiece.

I lol'd.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2008, 11:40 by Misconception »
Liz is touching me.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Dear Blog Thread:

Fuck. I'm old.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Happy Birthday to my favorite person from that other side of Australia!
Liz is touching me.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

It doesn't say "I am the Prettiest Princess" on the part we cannot see, by any chance?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer

Dear blog thread,

I want Johnny's shirt in that picture.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Hey Blog Thread!

Great and awesome things have happened to me lately after a couple of weeks of not so great and awesome things.

First up, remember how my laptop died a couple pages back? Remember how I was denied finance by the mean Apple store? Worry for me no more. I am now the proud owner of Miss Heather Dee's old iBook, which is fantastic and wonderful and by golly good enough for me. It's so white and cute! Now I need to figure out how to use it.

Second up, yesterday i got an email from a bloke who wants to buy one of my photos to use as a book cover! He wants to give me $500 USD for it! This translates to over $750 AUD! I consulted my flickr friends and everyone agreed that is a pretty great price. Hooray!

Third, my tax return should be finally in soon. Extra $1000! Oh debt, you are SO PAID.

Fourth, I have a new boooooyfriend (I think) and he is lovely. He has a beard!

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Fourth, I have a new boooooyfriend (I think) and he is lovely. He has a beard!

Then he's not a boyfriend; he's a manfriend.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

ATTN: MEN OF THE QC FORUMS

LUNCHY IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO ANY OF US. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE.

Dear blog thread,

Wow, it's been a while. Well, my internet finally died completely a couple weeks ago, and it was 3 weeks before we finally got it fixed. Our ISP at the time decided "...yeah fuck you guys we're just not going to come out and fix your stuff" and so we decided "Well fuck YOU guys we're just not going to pay your bill anymore and if you want your antenna and modem back you're just going to have to beg for it like the little bitches you are." So we got a new ISP and they are not only faster, but way more professional (they actually, you know, planned shit out before they just duct-taped an antenna onto our balcony and just said "Fuck it, there you go").

We wound up not going to Turkey on holiday like we had planned, because my mom's car has been fucking up pretty consistently. We decided instead to go to Macedonia on Tuesday morning at retarded o'clock (3 am) and see if they could fix it. When we got there, the shop people were like "Okay well let's go for a test drive and you can show us what the problem is." But by the time we'd gotten there, the problem had pretty much ceased to be. So now we're not in Turkey and I can't get my girlfriend a really nice pashmina shawl for Christmas like I had wanted. Kindof pissed about that, because I can't afford one outside of Turkey.

On the other hand, now I can sortof read the Cyrillic alphabet, because the Macedonian language uses it. I just would've really liked to get my girl something nice for Christmas instead of, well, something shitty.

Love,
Me

P.S. - To any of you fellow Yank forumites (and especially any who may be stranded overseas away from extended family and friends), I wish you Happy Thanksgiving! This thread may be a means of communicating our joys and woes but whether or not our woes have been a bit more numerous lately, we should all be happy for the things we are thankful for! Because being happy is rad.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Yeah, I'm just gonna let that sit in my sig for a while.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

I had a shitty day. And not even because anything bad happened. I was just having one of those "god I wish I could get the hell out of my own head for a while" days of epic proportions.

It got a bit better by the end, though. I dulled my hyper-analytical freaking-out brain with literature. And alcohol!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 82   Go Up