THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 740194 times)

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Ralph's Corner Bar in Moorhead was killed off by the City of Moorhead because of Eminent Domain. (Fuck you, Moorhead, and fuck you, eminent domain [fucking condos])

I read this as City of Motorhead, and for a brief moment thought there was some kind of awesome motorhead theme park.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

I would gladly move to the City of Motorhead. Life would consist of rockin' and drinkin' and probably bonin'. I could live with that.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

THIS IS MY BLOG POST

Guys, this week I've read every single Wigu and nearly all of Overcompensating.

I feel like Mr. Jeffery Rowland owes me something. Something intangible, but valuable.

THIS WAS MY BLOG POST.

Really, seeing as you just read about seven years worth of one man's several-times-weekly creative output for absolutely no charge whatsoever, I think perhaps it is you who owes Jeffery Rowland something
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

I would gladly move to the City of Motorhead.

It's located on Drinkin' Island.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Lemmy is the mayor, and in the parade he rides a chopper made of bones.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

I could live with that.

Thomas More couldn't totally tangential utopia reference

bob, just bob

• Emoticontraindication

How about making a little 'Bang my GF Free' card? Think outside the box

how about a "nail someone else's girlfriend" card? I have a ton of those.
Damn, you're going to have to dump her near her birthday, tough break.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

Tommy will get the same picture I sent Darryl for his desktop background and he'll be god damn pleased with it, if he knows what's good for him.

Anyway, blog thread, I had a miserable weekend and was a total sad sack all Sunday because of it.

But I think that was just May doing its best to prepare me for a June that is inevitably going to be filled with more awesome than I should be able to handle.

Rachel and I are going to Chick-Fil-A today to eat massive and copious amounts of chicken.

I also discovered that CFA will deliver any order of $100 or more up to fifteen miles. Conclusion: I am having a chicken party. I am entirely fucking serious. I am going to have some people over and we are going to buy a disturbing amount of chicken.

Also, I am going to the Sox game tomorrow.

Then, corporate is taking my office out for beer and burgers and a Sox game next Thursday.

Well, blog thread, my life's pretty good. Commence jealousy.

P.S.: I also discovered that Dr. Mario is available for the Wii and Ninja Gaiden II comes out tomorrow.

Plus, I am having some people over to drink a couple gallons of sangria and play Mario Kart for the Wii. It worked Memorial Day weekend, it'll work again dammit.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2008, 09:44 by 0bsessions »
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dear Blog Thread,

Yesterday Loxley was going to buy me a Wii!  But then we forgot.  I want to play Mario Kart, is it as awesome as it should be?  Also, I am excited because I am going to Sydney in 3 weekends, and I so rarely leave my house.  Hopefully the airport won't eat me.  I currently have a uterus, it is lame.

Jon I just noticed your sig, and I can't help but wonder why Darryl wants to dres sup as me.

This is a terrible blog post, I am sorry thread.  My life is kind of boring, I just wanted to participate.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Jodie I am pretty sure it was because of the photo meme we had a little while back about dressing up as other forumers. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Blog thread, I am getting an eye test tomorrow. It may seem weird but I kind of hope I "fail." I like glasses.

Also, haircut maybe soon?

Also also, I think I'm becoming addicted to buying fancy sneakers, which is worrying because I already have an addiction to buying T-shirts. And crack. Sweet, sweet crack.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

It seems my plans to never pay for clothes again are well and truly coming into fruition. I just received a big carton of printed American Apparel t-shirts and undies to model for one of my old Flickr friends who is starting a new range in his street art/cartooning empire. They are hells of sexy!

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L

So basically what you are saying is that they've sent you a box of underwear to take photos of yourself wearing?

Johnny C

• Mentat

So basically what you are saying is that Tommy has shipped himself to you in a cardboard box, purporting to be delicates?

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

No one sends me underwear to take photos of myself in.  Somehow, I feel dissapointed.

I have a much more awesome story now.  this afternoon we went to rent some movies.  And instead Loxley bought us a Wii and 4 games.  Hoorah!  now I have Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy!  But i wont be allowed to play them until Loxley is bored with his games!

Also, he is going to buy some things from ThinkGeek, and I asked him to get me the OMG PWNIES shirt if there was enough money left in our paypal.  He said he only would if Lunchy and I have hot hot makeouts when I go to Sydney.  Lunchy, you know what you have to do.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I currently have a uterus, it is lame.

The word "currently" is rather eyebrow-raising in this context.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Jodie is like Ranma 1/2 only significantly less dumb.

I think I need to bury my head in interesting fashion for a while. I'm tired of dressing like I did in high school (but with more colors). I think I'll hit up the thrift stores next week to find something interesting and wear a couple of new things for a while.

I do take umbrage with the trend in lookign good in fashion requires adding more clothes, though. I don't like more clothes. I prefer less. None, if practical.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2008, 00:43 by Ozymandias »
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

I am totally up for that, Jodiepants!

Also yes. An Internet person I have never met sent me underwear. But guys, he also sent lots of t-shirts. And we have been Flickr friends for a couple of years now! So it is okay, I guess. At least, he will get to see my bottom, where the guy who gave me two years of Flickr Pro account doesn't. Cha-ching!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Blog thread, I am getting an eye test tomorrow. It may seem weird but I kind of hope I "fail." I like glasses.

Also, haircut maybe soon?

Glasses and a haircut? Dovey, you just keep getting hotter and hotter. How do you do it?
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

Jon I just noticed your sig, and I can't help but wonder why Darryl wants to dres sup as me.

Because Europeans are weird.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

I graduated from high school yesterday!
Hate, rain on me

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.

My boyfriend and I got an '08 Honda Civic yesterday.
Tonight we're going to the REM concert. It's supposed to be an awesome show.

Lines

• Awakened

I graduated from high school yesterday!

For some reason, I thought you were older.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

Kinda seems to be a theme of late.

"Wow...so-and-so is not as old as we thought they were!"
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*

Lets test that theory.

Its my 18th birthday tomorrow. I have a wide selection of fruit wines to sample which shall be fun. I also have some sloe gin which we made in 2000 for my 18th. I can sense some epic tastebud explosions going on tomorrow.
 Today i drove on this tiny single track backroad, which was not much fun at all as there were lambs running about everywhere trying to kill themselves on y wheels. Stupid lambs, stick to the grass.
Get off my land

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

I for one thought led hendrix was about 19 or 20.

This has become a thing.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!

21! Just recently, actually. Last night I bought my first legal six-pack of beer. I hate that America's drinking age is so lame, but whatcha gonna do? At least the wait is finally over.

...stealing someone else's picture, because I'm too lazy to go take my own:

I'm not sure if Bell's exists outside of Michigan, but it's pretty good. At least, that's what my friends who are more accomplished beer snobs than I have said.

In other news, my summer job sucks. Seems like everyone else my age has summer jobs that are a) cool; or b) related to what they want to do in life; or at least c) well-paying. I'm stuck as a campus security bitch, walking around campus for eight hours of the day (pretty much any eight hours of the day except those during which I would normally be awake) to make sure that doors to all the buildings have not been absconded with and/or have been successfully locked by maintenance. At least now I have beer.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

i'll give you a present if we are actually going to do the whole meeting-up-before-tronnocon-cause-anna-can't-go-to-tronnocon thing.
...maybe.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

waterloosunset's exams begin in a week tomorrow, and what is he doing? hanging out on QC

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

also, i've passed the 100 post  mark!!! my e-penis just grew another inch

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!

In the past 24 hours, I have had a ton of Chick-Fil-A.  It was magical.  I also just received a buncha coupons in the mail for more which is even more awesome. 

It's fucking gorgeous outside today and I'm just so happy it's almost summer!
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

Naw, the Internets would probably crumble into oblivion if you spent any less time posting.

Kind of like the movie Speed, except interesting
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

I have spent less time on the internet recently and accomplished more things.
Life is good.

Johnny C

• Mentat

Note: It is my birthday on Friday and, unlike Tommy, I haven't received shit.

I'd have publicized it but you should be aware that I expect you to know all manner of trivia about me and my life by now.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

I wondered what was happening with that trivia contest.
I have been researching. The Internet needs to give me more free stuff.

Hey Jens, it is totally A-okay what you do, because I do exactly the same thing. If you are in my house and you expect me to do anything you first have to wrench the keyboard from my fingers and slap me across the face pretty much. I have greeted guests to my place with a quick glance up from the screen and a "Hey come and see this thread." A couple of weeks ago one of my friends brought another friend over and when I looked up from my whining about how slowly my GBA emulator was running Pokemon, it was a really cute guy. Luckily we went out for dinner after that so I actually got a chance to talk to the cute guy. If I had been allowed to bring my laptop I probably would have hid behind it all night.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I have been researching. The Internet needs to give me more free stuff.

It ain't free if you have to work for it, and stalking is hard work.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content

man blogs are so two years ago

everybody is using Twitter now
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time

i don't know of anyone using twitter except you, jeph...

dear qc blog,

things are going pretty well with my new job. it's kind of weird that i will soon have people under me, and that right now i am being trained by those people. i think that i will like it though, and i think that i will be able to contribute positively. it's always strange to start a new job where your duties are pretty much the same as your old job, except everything is done differently. details that were so painstakingly noted at my previous job are almost completely ignored here. i don't know how i feel about that... i thought some things were really important... but i guess maybe they aren't. i'm just going to assume that this company knows what they are doing. after all, their lab is still operational...

things aren't going so well with me living in santa maria though. i'm staying at a hotel with nothing but a microwave that isn't very good. there's an ihop next door... i've eaten there twice and all the waitstaff knows me already. awesome. and i'm having trouble sleeping at night. this bed is huge and i'm not used to being in a bed alone. it's too quiet here at night... i lie awake and toss around in the unbearable silence. at home i always move jason and roll him over so he'll stop snoring, but now i can't sleep without that noise. training is going well, but i just want to go home.

<3, yelley
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Today in my German class, I opened a large german-english dictionary and found a peice of paer that said "If you are interested in Time Travel meet me last Thursday"
It was dated 28.05.08.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Wasn't that in xkcd? Sounds like the kind of thing that would have been.

I found a similar note while on rounds locking up the study rooms in the Student Centre at three in the morning like six months ago. It is now stapled up behind the desk at work for all to see.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

dear blog thread,

i dislike having female roommates. especially ones that don't leave the damn apartment and have obnoxiously high-pitched voices.
now, you may say "anna, the simple solution would be for you to get away from them and do something more fun"
...and i would, but the weather prevents me from doing so.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Man this is sweet weather. My roommate was irritating me last night so I biked to the park and read beneath a gazebo and listened to the rain.
Also my plants are getting watered!

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

clearly your definition of sweet is very different from mine.
now, bike over here and bring me a pie.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

I didn't make pie today and I've yet to devise a water-proof covering for the milk crate on the back of my bike. I could use a plastic bag, but if I baked you a pie right now it'd melt it.

I am pretty much thrilled by all weather that isn't overly humid and hot. I just go to shit in that weather.

Today I played video games for the first time in a week or two, and realized why I stopped. I basically wasted like two weeks that I should have been productive during by spending my free time playing Heroes of Might and Magic III or baking pies. If I'd gotten a second job then I would not be broke now. I basically have no desire to play now, because I'd rather be gardening/baking/biking/working.

B!shop

I'm posting here again (third times a charm) because I'm delaying writing an essay due in twenty minutes.

And in a similar development, I learned that I may be able to defer my scholarship, meaning that if I so desire I may be able to defer from university for a semester. I now have twelve days (that's the deadline to pay for the next semester of my accomodation on campus) to decide if I want to do this. The fact I haven't payed attention to Uni at all this year says I probably should, but the more I think about it the more I don't want to. Hmm.

thehollow

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

So, I was at Savers earlier today and I was trying on a leather jacket they had, and a dead bat fell out of the sleeve.
I'm never shopping at Savers again.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

I have the dumbest and most unhealthy habits ever. I fell asleep for three hours today and probably four separate times yesterday and today when I was trying to actually sleep for the night I realized that I hadn't eaten in twelve hours, so I got up and ate some seven-hour-old potstickers at 2 AM. They were still good. I still have to get up at 6, though, which means more passing out during the afternoon! Yay.

I am on my summer vacation (it is absurdly early for some reason) but I still have summer school until noon and oh my gosh I just had to kill a cockroach why was there a goddamn cockroach in my house I am not going to sleep anymore.
it's time to stop posting

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

i don't know of anyone using twitter except you, jeph...

Actually this is a good point, the only people I'm following on Twitter pretty much are bloggers and webcomic artists, nobody I even know in the "I know you on the Internet" sense... Sooooo

twitter.com/ddovey

Dear Blog Thread,

(sorta sad sack post ahead, bail out before it's too late)

Today I found out I had overdrawn on my savings account, and I found this out when I was trying to put money on my train card. I had to borrow the fare. I'm irresponsible.

Today I realised just how easily I could fail my course, and more or less fuck up everything I've worked for this past 12 months.

On the upside, I failed my eye test! Yay glasses!
« Last Edit: 04 Jun 2008, 07:12 by David_Dovey »

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Dovey, did you ever find the new Death Cab for Cutie album?
Liz is touching me.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Nah, but it's actually officially out now, so I think I might just buy it.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Okay, because I found it and was going to give you the link. But I suppose one of us should actually buy the CD.
Liz is touching me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 82   Go Up