THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 06:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 740708 times)

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

I got my wireless broadband working. Eee! Hooray for laptopping in bed without a gajillion cables!

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*

Dear blog thread,

This weekend (friday-monday) I went to Rockness. Turns out that lying in a field listening to music, getting a tan and drinking cider kicks ass. It was pretty much sunny the whole weekend and I just turned 18 on Wednesday so It was time to celebrate. I saw an amazing dj called Boyz Noiz who I raved to for about an hour then couldn't stop dancing for several hours afterwards. This was probably because i was at a fantastic state of drunken happiness and had found some glow sticks. The set was also amazing cause i found my friend from miles away that i don't see very often (summer camp friend) right at the front of the set and she dragged me to the barrier and we raved together. Best part of the set was when they merged one of there songs half way through into Smells like teen spirit and everyone went nuts singing and "rocking the fuck out" to nirvana. I kept accidentally hitting this guy in the head but he was cool with it and he just grabbed my hand in his and we started punching the air together. Basically Rockness is fucking excellent and i had a fucking awesome weekend.

Go to music festivals guys.

Get off my land

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

blah blah blah a fantastic little trip for myself in September, blah.

When in September? The internets want to know.

18th-21st or 22nd. My favourite band's touring the US and I want to catch the NY show on the 19th and the Boston show on the 20th.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

Edith I would never have picked you as the sort that played Eve.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

My brother is going to America to tour with his band next week. He's going for like three weeks and is all kinds of excited to be playing shows with his favourite band (The Queers) and the lead singer of his second favourite band (Kepi from the Groovie Ghoulies). I'm excited for him too but I honestly can't fucking wait for him to leave so I can have the flat to myself for a while. We share a reasonably sized apartment in a fashionable part of town and for the most part it's pretty cool but since he's been recording his album with the band and since he's been working something ridiculous like 50 hours a week to pay for the trip for the past few months he's been a pretty shit flatmate.
Don't get me wrong, I love the guy to death and he's like my best friend but lately every single thing he does, or rather doesn't do, is shitting me almost to tears. I'm kind of getting pissed that I'm doing all the cleaning, cooking and shopping and the place is a mess and strewn with empty beer bottles from when he has his mates over and I honestly am not inclined to clean up messes that I haven't made. The thing that bothers me the most is that while he continually promises to help me clean the place up a bit before he leaves. I know that he's probably not going to do it and I'm going to be left with it all on Monday and I kind of wanted the place to look nice (so I can impress Lunchy and Jodie [ebony_willow] when they come over).
On the otherhand, while he's gone I'm basically going to have no one to talk to, no one to play xbox with (my gamertag thing might actually become active all you overseas types) but thankfully no one to annoy me. I'm almost glad I work in a call centre though, the last time I was left alone for a month I didn't have a job and I kind of forgot how to speak.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Oh Jimminy, you dont need to impress us.

(I'm lying, keep up the good work)
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Lines

• Awakened

Out of all the fucked up dreams I've had, I've never had a zombie dream. If I do down the road, I blame you guys.

I had a zombie dream last night. I blame this thread. It was weird and creepy, but not terrifying, thankfully.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

speaking of dreams; has anyone here ever had a dream where you went completely insane? i don't mean "oh i'm so crazy" i mean literally, certifiably insane.

like, screaming at traffic, tin-foil hat wearing insane. i had a dream like that once and it was the single most terrifying experience of my entire life, waking or otherwise.

to summarize: i was part of some Arctic expedition that got trapped in the ice. eventually we got out of the ice (years later) but not before resorting to cannibalism and all kinds of other unspeakable things. so i get back to the States and get arrested for everything that happened up North and as they're driving me to jail, everything outside the car becomes some kind of horrible monster that can't be described using any words that i know. one example that i'm confident i can describe: a VW Bug became a giant, monstrous head on wheels with hundreds of drooling, snarling mouths  filled with razor sharp teeth. So i started screaming at the top of my lungs because that was the least horrifying thing i was seeing. i couldn't stop screaming even though i was thinking rationally in my head like "hey, why are you screaming? you're not in any danger." so they took me to a mental hospital and locked me in a padded room and i screamed at the top of my lungs for the rest of my life.
uh just writing a brief summary of that dream gives me the willies.

anybody ever have anything similar?
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

I booked my driving theory test! Well, my mum did. It's on Saturday so I'd better learn some driving theory quickly.

So little else happened today that I'm almost tempted to not bother posting this, but I'm a big attention-seeker so I will anyway.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*

I also have my driving theory test except it's on Thursday. I also haven't done any sort of revision. So instead of learning theory, I'm browsing the internet with my theory test book beside me sitting there making me feel all guilty.
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2008, 11:35 by ledhendrix »
Get off my land

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

What in the name of fuck is "driving theory?"

Driving is not some complex deal like musical theory. You sit your ass in the driver's seat, put the car in gear and hit the gas pedal (Maybe you get a clutch in there, but that's a whole different matter), while paying attention to your surroundings. It is not rocket science!
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Tell that to the DSA, you have to pass it before you can take the real test.

I would tell you what it is, but I do not know. This doesn't bode well for Saturday really.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

jon is an idiot and possibly a shitty driver. While we don't use the term here, if you spend longer than two seconds thinking about it it's pretty obvious what "driving theory" means. Basically, "driving theory" must be what they call the written test.
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2008, 12:34 by jhocking »

imapiratearg

• Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout

Yeah.  Here we call it "driver's education."  Driver's theory makes it sound like something one would do if planning on piloting interstellar spaceships through hyperspace or wormholes.

imapiratearg

• Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout

It doesn't make a whole bunch of sense to me.  Driving is more fundamental than theoretical, I think.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

What? What? What?

I don't see how you can say this is fundamental and not theoretical. Theory is totally an appropriate word.
There is theory to how the whole highway system fits together, and regardless of how well you can make the vehicle move, there is still theory behind making sure you don't move your little chunk of plastic and metal into one of the other ones trying to move on the roadway.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

I also have my driving theory test except it's on Thursday. I also haven't done any sort of revision. So instead of learning theory, I'm browsing the internet with my theory test book beside me sitting there making me feel all guilty.

You are doing it wrong
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Driving is all instinct, humans are born knowing what stop lights mean.

I think we're veering a little off topic here.

Alright, well how's this for blogging: Chicago drivers could do with a little education in driving theory. Believe it or not, those lines painted on the road actually mean something! Same for all the wacky signs on the side of the road! I know, it's crazy!
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2008, 13:15 by jhocking »

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Yeah, uh, sorry if I sounded snappy. I am not in a good mood today.

I think we're veering a little off topic here.

Harr har har.

Today we are having a barbecue and I am baking tasty buns and making some jalapeno lemonade again. Last night I invented pie bread.
Tomorrow, the world!

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

...and I am baking tasty buns...

i read that as "I am baked on tasty buds" and promptly raised my hand for a high five before i realized that i read it completely wrong and also i am by myself.

ugh.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Lines

• Awakened

anybody ever have anything similar?

Not like that, no. But I don't want to talk about the one that would make you feel better because it's disturbing.

But! Good news! My job hunting has led to success! Today, I went to one of the art supply stores in the area (not arts and crafts) and one of my friends was working and she told me that not her particular store was hiring, but the one downtown was really looking for some full time people! Yay! So she also introduced me to her manager and he said he'd forward my app/resume onto the GM and they'd call me back in a few days. Eee! AND after that, I went to a local ceramics studio/supply store where I found one of my old TAs working and she introduced me to the owner. They aren't hiring for pay BUT I can work there in exchange for studio space. Yusss. So I can make awesome ceramic things and all I need to pay for is the actual clay. WOO! So today was productive and I actually get to do things related to my field and continue to make art.

Also, during my internet application filling out rampage, I filled one out for Old Navy this morning and they called me back this afternoon. I told them no, though, because they were only hiring part time and as I had the two above lined up, I didn't feel it was really necessary to work there.

Good day today and I am less worried now. ^_^

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I recently learned how to develop 3D games in Flash, and this morning I whipped up a quick demo to add to my page of Flash games demos (the flying saucer one):
http://www.newarteest.com/flash/flash.html

I made this page because I also recently learned just how much demand there is for freelancers who can program games in ActionScript, and so I need demos to showcase my skills to potential clients. With any luck, I've just turned on the money spigot.
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2008, 16:41 by jhocking »

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor

I really enjoy how the little people are vacuumed up in the ufo game:)
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Edith I would never have picked you as the sort that played Eve.

It's strangely addicting.

Joe, nice money spigot. Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2008, 17:21 by pinkgrrlygeek »
Ho, ho, ho!

tommydski

Did you start playing Eve before or after you met Mike?

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Looooooong after. I actually never heard of it before I met him.

I have played D&D and other table-based RPG games for about 7 or 8 years now. I have also played some PC games over the years, my favorite being Baldur's Gate II.

The open-ended nature of EVE appealed to me from the beginning. I read a lot of the history of the EVE Universe but put off playing the game because I imagined that it would be a pretty serious time suck, and I'd forget to eat and sleep and feed the cats and go to work and other necessary things, and also because I didn't think my laptop was capable of running it.

Finally, though, Mike set me up with my own computer at his place and I downloaded the 14-day free trial and now I've been playing for maybe a month or month and a half. He mostly tells me what to do and sends me ISK when I don't have enough, which kind of makes me feel like a kept woman but whatever; but also the past couple days we've been running missions together which is fun except that I have to warp out all the time because my wee little frigate can take, like, two hits and then there's imminent hull-breach.

But yeah. I like it pretty well. It has kind of a long learning curve, though.
Ho, ho, ho!

öde

Driving theory involves the highwade code, driving law, car mechanics, etc, and a hazard perception test. Most cars in the U.K. are manual transmission, by the way.

Fun fact: everyone in Bournemouth ignores everything they learn to pass this test. Seriously, no-one indicates and I saw a guy who parked his car on double yellows the other day, right on the corner, sticking out into a goddamn main road. I caught him as he got back to his car, asked him if he knew that that was illegal and he just said 'yeah' and drove off.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Finally! Tengo un trabajo nuevo!

It's pretty damn simple, just driving around industrial-sized lawn mowers through the myriad parks we have here, and other public facilities for the cities, but hey, it gets me out in the open, and pays $11.00 an hour. That's pretty good for a summer job.

Also, I'm starting to learn a bit of Russian, and frankly, I'm proud of how quickly I'm picking up on it. I've been using the "English" alphabet translations of the words to learn them though. I'm eventually going to have to try to delve into the Russian/Cyrillic alphabet, but that's going to be a lot harder than just learning word pronunciations.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Dearest Blog Thread,

I had my job interview today!  I think it went well!  Sometimes I answered the questions they asked retardedly and not at all to the point (they were HARD) but I did it in such a charming and endearing way, they loved me.  I think I interview well because I just tend to make people feel happy because I am happy?  I don't know.  They asked me what my worst quality was and I forgot to think and just said: "I'm a little bit weird".  Apparently that means I will fit right in.  I wore my skully bow shoes because I thought we might have to walk around the factory and have a look at things.  I was all, oh they wont notice my shoes.  So of course they said: What kind of shoes are you wearing? And looked under the table to see if they were suitable.  I was like, oh crap!  Goth shoes!  But they were all, oh, they are probably not the best for this but they are cute!

They can't have waited more than a minute for me to leave before they rang my boss for a reference, that's a good thing right?  She rang me after and told me all about the nice things she said.

This is my blog story
Love Jodie <3
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

So... so this means more photos of you in office clothing, right? >.<

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Hahaha <3 Dovey.  I'll file something for YOU anyday.

No actually.  If I get this job it is a kind of anything goes kind of casual clothes.  But it is cold and wet on the factory floor because there is lots of broccoli etc!  And thats where I will be with the paperwork for some reason!  Walking around a bunch!  I will have to invest in some comfy jeans though.  And I would get to wear a sexy net cap for my hair (HAHA).

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

I had my first exam today, 3 hours of German. Cue lots of staring out of the window and cutting out sentences to stick to word limits, the bane of my life.
Need a B to get to Uni...fingers crossed...

schimmy

• The Tickler

I officially dropped psychology today! It meant I only had one class, and that was first period. I sat outside on the grass with my friends for an hour before coming home to watch Battlestar Galactica.
Yup, life is pretty good at the moment.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Dear Blog Thread,

I have an internship doing marketing and fundraising for a small non-profit that works with both low-income and refugee children. One of my major tasks for the summer is to interview a few of the kids to get their stories to create more empathy, which will lead to more volunteers, which will lead to more donors.

Right now I'm still trying to get to know the kids, so yesterday I accompanied them to the park. This is the best part of it so far, I kicked around a soccer ball with a little Sri Lankan boy, fell over trying to give the biggest hugest push on the swing to a little Nepalese girl, and carried a borderline autistic girl all the way to the park because her shoes kept falling off. I am out of shape, so today I was all sore.

The autistic girl said something that almost broke my heart though. She asked me "What do you see when you look in the mirror?" The way she said it was really poignant and touching.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation

Dear Blog Thread,

FUCK YEAH SUMMER VACATION

That is all.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Dude, that is the British. I live in Waterloo, Ontario, where the city planners are super-keen on roundabouts (which are efficient for controlling certain volumes/velocities of traffic) and even though they are fairly simple, drivers do not understand because they are closed minded and refuse to try new things.
Get some cultural perspective on it.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

We need more roundabouts in the states, those things are a ridiculous good time.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

Yes, they are especially awesome for dog sculptures
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

No, roundabouts are shit. I crashed into someone on a roundabout once. Councils put roundabouts everywhere. In every cross street. Specifically in streets where a roundabout is a stupid idea. Even when it might be a good idea because of the high speed or heavy traffic at that intersections, people tend to ignore them and just go straight through without bothering to figure out right-of-way anyway.
I dislike roundabouts.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.

I am still trying to find a line through most of the roundabouts here that I am happy with. I think they might be engineered precisely so there isn't one.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Some of them (e.g. in Swindon, and at Hanger Lane, West London) are called "Gyratory System" to make them feel more important.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

I gyrated your mom's system last night.

Lines

• Awakened

7:30am exams are rough. I will probably take a nap under my desk at work at some point this morning.

But that means I am officially done. All I need to do is walk at graduation and I am freeeeeeee.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

We need more roundabouts in the states, those things are a ridiculous good time.

Well, good news for you, Liz (You are the one going to Mt. Holyoke, right?). Massachusetts is fucking cluttered with the things (Though we call them rotaries up here). New England in general has a ton of the things and, from personal experience spending about seven years dealing with the things driving myself, they are a fucking hassle. Most people suck at them and they tend to cause shit tons of accidents.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

I just got off the phone with my girlfriend. She came earlier tonight and found out that her dog, Snoopy, has been dognapped. Like kidnapped but with a dog. Apparently a lot of the neighbourhood animals have been going missing lately, including other dogs from surrounding streets and a family of kittens from across the road. This is pretty fucked up and her mum is going to the police, the RSPCA and the newspapers tomorrow and hopefully they can get the animals back.

Who the fuck steals a dog?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Today was never going to be a good day since it's the day my cat is being put down (he's probably buried by now, I didn't want to be there) but it's been even worse than I'd imagined.

On the upside my Law teacher's baby was born (his wife teaches Psychology here too so there's a bit of a buzz about it at college), but that meant he wasn't in our Law lesson and that meant arguments about a whole bunch of stuff. It got stupid and I got randomly pissed off at something, and walked out for two hours. Seems my friends got panicky because they couldn't find me, and looked all over for me, and asked a lot of teachers if they'd seen me. Now I feel a bit stupid for getting everyone so worried but I needed to be alone to sort out my head. I found a really good alone place, by the portacabin where the disabled students have their classes. It sounds odd but sitting there helped to remind me that there are different ways of being "normal" and there's no point getting upset that someone thinks my accent is posh (seriously, that was the petty little straw that broke the camel's back today). Also no one thought to look there, it's at the back of the building by the construction site and that side of the college isn't being used much.

Anyway I'm feeling a lot better now, although when I get home in about an hour I imagine I'll start crying again, because my cat will not be there to say hello. I'm going to miss him pretty badly.

Lines

• Awakened

Well, good news for you, Liz (You are the one going to Mt. Holyoke, right?).

Amper is the one going to Mt. H. Liz is in Fargo.

In other news: FUCK.
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2008, 08:35 by Linds »

ledhendrix

• Vagina Manifesto
  • *poke*

Today I passed my theory test, it was shit easy. Barmymoo I will be incredibly disappointed if you fail. They give you 57 minutes to answer 50 piss easy MULTIPLE CHOICE questions. Who the hell needs 57 minutes to answer to answer them. Seriously, no wonder there are shit drivers on the road.*

I also got my code to work properly, now I have the power to send messages through a satellite system and read weather sensors.Soon all this will be heading up to the Arctic and four weather stations will be getting stuck out on the ice that I basically made. Me? I'm on the forefront of Arctic ice research.

Basically today I was fucking awesome.

*If theres anyone that failed their theory thats reading this, I would be sorry but your probably a bit retarded.
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2008, 10:14 by ledhendrix »
Get off my land

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

Quote from: ledhendrix
I'm on the forefront of Arctic ice research.

have you ever tried, oh i don't know, not being so awesome all the time?!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 82   Go Up