THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 740151 times)

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

I have found it!  The real translation! (Sorry to ruin everyone's fun)

The moon hides her face.
Sweet love, I am not angry with you.
If I have angered you, tell me
how I can still love you?

Ardently my heart burns for you,
I have not confessed it to you.
Intoxicated in love’s embrace
soon, like doves, quietly, fervently.
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

The only thing I know in German is that Eichorchen is "squirrel." It's fun to say.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Ah, thanks!  So the pigeon wasn't far out after all... (unlike the carrots)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza

I have a Chinese exam today for which I am fucked;
Truly, utterly and completely fucked!
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek

How do you say that in Chinese? 
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

This morning I got a text from the girl that just said "<3". This then sparked off a text-conversation until she ran out of credit, and apologised profusely over msn once she got home, and we've been talking ever since. I don't think there are even words to describe the smile on my face right now.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!

Just my hotel and flights is about $2000.
Yeah. The $500 is an especially good deal considering it's this weekend and includes a not-awful hotel. Regular flights alone cost $1000 at this short notice.

In any case, I forgot that I have to wingman for my good friend at my good friend's fiancee's brother's bachelor party this weekend, so travel plans are out. I am seriously not looking forward to it, because said bachelor is a boorish ass.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

I zürne you not.

I am going to use "zürne" instead of "shit" in everyday speech now.

Deer Blug Thrad,

Today I told a customer that I thought her hair was pretty, because, well, her hair was really pretty. She said it was the nicest thing anybody had said to her all day and that I'd just made hers for her! I felt really good about that. I like it when I make somebody feel good!

My boss, who is a family friend whom I've known since I was in diapers, told me today that he got a phone call from a customer specifying me by name, saying what a "polite and well-spoken young man" I am. For some odd reason, people seem to like me a lot in this town, and I don't even know why. It's not like I try to impress people, even when I'm at work and I'm supposed to. I guess my mama just must've raised me up real good or something, 'cause I'm always this way with people. Either way, it took me completely by surprise, but it was really nice and Mark was super happy with me, and my mama will be really happy when I tell her about it.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Then how come you're such a dick on the Internet, Patrick, huh?

Here is where I put in small text that I was being sarcastic, although hopefully you got that anyway.

Beer Glog Bed,

OH FUCK OH SHIT OH GOD SO MANY ASSIGNMENTS I AM GOING TO FAIL SO HARD OH NOOOOO

SILLY MAN
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

wooooh!!!one more exam and im freeeeee

then i need a job

anyone know any good temp agencies?

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Blog thread:

I woke up at 3:30 this morning to drive my mother to the airport. We were running late. We dropped her off.

Then I got home and realized she had left her passport.

whoops.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

<whinefest>
Okay, it took pretty much exactly two weeks of being home before I got sick and tired of it. Sure, one of my brothers pissed me off after two days, but now I'm tired of them both, and my parents. My other brother just smeared bacon grease down both my arms because I didn't want to watch Weeds with him right this second (I've already seen the episode), so now I smell like, well, bacon. And having Assassin's Creed and GTA IV on a 42" TV in the living room is driving me insane. Not as much because of the games per se, more because of them screaming and going "Mari! Mari! Mari, look! Loooook! Wasn't that awesome?! Looook! I sliced him!", "Did you see that combo, Mari?! Mari!!! Loook!!", "Check this out, I'm gonna crash! Awesome!", "Hahaha, I lurked! Mari, check this out, it's insanely cool!" and the likes. And now he's standing there, going "Mari, believe me, this is all your fault. Did you learn your lesson now?" and threatening to put bacon grease in my hair, thinking he's funny.

Also, I wish I didn't have my license. I keep having to play chauffeur, and drive people around (specifically my mom, to and from our "cabin"/vacation house), just so one of my brothers can have the car available at home. Shouldn't he be doing the driving? No, apparently not, because he "has a social life".
</whinefest>

I got a B on an exam I thought I might've failed, and I'm gonna agree with Anyways on the awesomeness of summer holidays, when I manage to ignore my brothers/parents. Rhubarb cake and Pepsi Max for breakfast is pretty sweet.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout

Dude, if I had a little brother who smeared bacon grease on me, I"d punch the little shit in the head.

Fortunately, my brother doesn't do that kind of thing.

Dear blog thread,

The coffee at work sucks.  It makes me sad.   :-(

<3
Matt
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2008, 07:08 by imapiratearg »

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

But while he may be 4 years younger than me, he is still 16, and therefore, way stronger (and bigger) than me. Punching him would in the end result in way more pain for me than for him, for sure.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

dear b;og thread,

i may or may not have broken my hand last night; so i am typing this one handed right now. the bes part is i stayed home from work because "i can't use a computer one handed." hah!
i may even drive to town and see a movie if i feel like tackling that whole driving obstacle.

this of course spawned my new motto for the time being: "break you hand? stick it to the man."

Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dear blog thread,

One more sleep to Sydney. wooo woooo woooo woooooo woooooooooo
I booked the Airport flyer to take me to the airport so Loxley doesn't have to drive me to Brisbane etc.  To get it there and then back on Tuesday it costs me almost as much as my goddamn plane tickets did.  What the fucking hell.

Love Jodie
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

I feel for you man. That shit is insane. All ching-chong wing-wong.
Hate, rain on me

pen

• Spaghetti!!!

Hi blog thread,

Today a bunch of stuff happened.  I was late for work, but didn't mark it on the spreadsheet to track my time so i'll still get paid, which is pretty sweet.  My daughter was taken to the doc and has a DOUBLE ear infection and conjunctivitis in both eyes.  I just found out my mother has been in the hospital for a few days for some sort of stomach blockage caused by her hysterectomy.  I got a $50 bonus from work because gas prices are ridiculous!  That's my favorite part of the day, really. 

I'll be staying home from work tomorrow because of the child, and I think it's great and awful timing at the same time.  I have so much to do at work and I've been working on a special project for like a month now that comes to its peak tomorrow and I won't be there to see it fly.  It's kind of disappointing.  At the same time, I'll be home to get some laundry done and get things ready for my camping trip this weekend. 

I bought a rucksack on eBay for camping stuff, advertised as in "used, but GREAT" condition... bullshit.  I received it today and it smelled like body odor and was literally being held together by duct tape.  I threw it in the washer with hopes that it wouldn't smell up my kitchen, but even that didn't help it.  It's so disgusting.  I emailed the seller and they said they'll refund me if I return it, but really, it'd probably not even be worth my time and effort to get to the post office, considering what I paid for it.  Frustrating as fuck, I tell ya.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Sorry to hear about your daughter pen :( I remember some of the terrible infections I got when I was young.

And you ought to send the rucksack back with a special surprise, if you get my meaning.

Anyway blog thread, I am back from my trip to Hawaii, and the peace and serenity I felt there is now just about gone. On the plus side, a friend of mine left a note at my workplace telling me to clear my schedule for Saturday, she has something planned for me all day... she won't say what. So I'm apprehensively anticipating that.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2008, 23:52 by Kid van Pervert »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

I have had a good week so far. On Monday some friends and I spent the day at this nearby lake, on a boat, resulting in superfun; yesterday I got to watch the Lakers get absolutely slaughtered in the best way possible, which was awesome; today I slept a lot and then I played Star Fox 64 and I actually survived the Solar level, which I have never done before, and got to play Macbeth, which has the train!!!! But then I guess Slippy died at that one sector and I didn't even notice, and then I lost all eight Arwings at the beginning of Venom when Wolf and his team comes around and annoys and then kills everyone.
Oh my goodness! Summer is good.
it's time to stop posting

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

I'll be staying home from work tomorrow because of the child, and I think it's great and awful timing at the same time.  I have so much to do at work and I've been working on a special project for like a month now that comes to its peak tomorrow and I won't be there to see it fly.  It's kind of disappointing.  At the same time, I'll be home to get some laundry done and get things ready for my camping trip this weekend.

You're lucky you didn't have to drive in. According to my red line alerts, the Braintree parking garage was completely full by like 7:30 at the latest and you might've had an absolute bitch of a time getting to work. As it stands, I'm not sure what I'm going to do for lunch, because the Celtics rally is going to be blocking off everything but Podima, which I had yesterday.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

pen

• Spaghetti!!!

I get to the Braintree garage by 6:10am.  I doubt I would have been affected.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

"braintree" is a rather gruesome name

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

No worse than Kilkenny, NH. I always found that place offputting as it was also in the middle of the middle of nowhere and had a ridiculously small population.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

imapiratearg

Blog thread,

For the past couple of days, when I have nothing to do, I find myself browsing The Quiki and either editing my own page, or making pages that I am surprised to see aren't there.  Like this one.

<3
Matt

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

This is mostly because there was a GRAND SCHISM, and then the quiki died, and then it came back, and then it kind of dropped off the earth again.

I went dumpster diving (or URBAN FORAGING if you like to make things sound better than they really are) last night. Behind the library, there were a grand quantity of books they were just throwing out, and not all of them were bad! Also: Donuts. Lots of donuts. Boxes. Dozens. completely untouched. Bakery's and whatnot around here are not legally allowed to give their excess food to charities or the homeless, so they just have to throw it away. So I have a few boxes of donuts that I think I'm going to just hand out to people.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

Bakery's and whatnot around here are not legally allowed to give their excess food to charities or the homeless

I know that some McDonald's are required to lock their dumpsters because they can't give out the "bad" big macs (which mean they haven't been ordered in 10 minutes of being cooked) and other food.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

I can't say on specific reasons, but I imagine it is an extension on the policy that prevents supermarkets from donating items past their expiration date.

It's kind of obscene--we (there were three of us) found 18 boxes, untouched, still in their full dozens. They make them fresh every morning because people... like their fresh donuts, and once they're a day old, there isn't much they can do with them, and so they just kind of throw them out. That is 18 boxes of donuts (read: 216 donuts) that are thrown away at the end of every day. That's one store. It is pretty ridiculous.

tania

• famed sex columnist

i think it's because they would lose business since there would be no incentive to pay for food if you could just wait around and get it for free when the store closes. which is still pretty shitty. on an honor system basis, it would work, except people are assholes and once everyone starts getting free food no one can. not even donating to charities is pretty fucking ridiculous though.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Oh people here will pay more for convenience. I used to marvel at gas stations across the street from each other charging different prices. Ultimately I think the concern tania expressed is unfounded; it's not like there would be a mass movement of people getting their food out of dumpsters. Things is, businesses are pretty paranoid about that kind of thing, and with good reason; in a society where burglars can sue the owner of a building where they got hurt during the course of a robbery, who wants to take any chances?

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

In Norway, people spend a lot of money unnecessarily - the gas station I work at is 50 feet away from a grocery store, but people still come in here to buy cigarettes, fizzy drinks and candy even though everything here is twice as expensive. Though I guess people are not that daft in the states.

Yeah I was an assistant manager at a gas station in Watertown, NY for awhile and people would waste money in the same way.  We had a drugstore NEXT DOOR that had better prices on everything but people would come to the gas station and spend an extra $10-15 on random stuff.  Sometimes they would even do it if they didn't need gas.  A select few would do this every day.

...oh and they complained to me when the gas prices went up and we switched to "pay before you pump".  Like I was responsible for all the price increases and company practices.

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

I have gotten cases of cold beer out a dumpster once.  The "best by" date had expired by a few days.

I called the company to ask if there was any reason not to drink beer that one day out of "best by" or if they had recalls of any of that product.  They said the beer was safe.

Nothing wrong with it.

dennis

• Lies! Truth!

I just rediscovered a candy I ate as a small kid but always thought I had made up:

Haw flakes.

I had always associated them with Tiger Balm and now I know why! My parents got them with Tiger Balm from a Chinese quack-doctor!

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

Wow!  Candy will a full days serving of FDA outlawed Acid Red 18 food coloring!

imapiratearg

Tiger Balm has always fascinated me for some reason.  I've always wanted some, but I imagine you can't buy it in the states.

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

I used to marvel at gas stations across the street from each other charging different prices.

There is a spot in between my house and my workplace where there are three Shell stations on one intersection, and I think they all have different gas prices.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

dennis

• Lies! Truth!

Wow!  Candy will a full days serving of FDA outlawed Acid Red 18 food coloring!

The FDA banned it because giving 24.5g per kg per day to rats caused half of them to develop tumors in one study out of 6 or 7 that showed no carcinogenic effect.

It's only been banned in the US, Norway and Finland.

So, there's really no reason to worry about Red Acid 18 unless you're an importer.

dennis

• Lies! Truth!

Tiger Balm has always fascinated me for some reason.  I've always wanted some, but I imagine you can't buy it in the states.
You can buy it in most asian groceries. It's basically mentholatum that comes in an infinitely cooler jar. It's not made from tigers or anything.

It's pretty popular with people who like to do MDMA because it has a pretty intense "icy hot" sensation. They will dab it on their philtrum or foreheads.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2008, 16:43 by dennis »

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch

Dear blog thread,

I wandered into the general discussion forum today. I now need to have my eyes purged by sulfuric acid. Thankfully my job provides this.

There's been a raccoon hanging out by the dumpsters at my apartment complex the past few days. He's a brazen son of a bitch... or she, since there's tale of three babies running around too. I'm more annoyed by this than anything. Not because they're there, but people expect me to do something about it. I keep telling people if they'd put there trash in the dumpsters and not on the ground or on top of the dumpsters we wouldn't have a fucking problem. For some reason this is not seen as a viable solution. So I offer to shoot the fuckers, and somehow I'm a monster. ... I hate this place.

Everything else is going peachy, blog thread.
Exes and ohs,
Chuck
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I keep telling people if they'd put there trash in the dumpsters and not on the ground or on top of the dumpsters we wouldn't have a fucking problem.

If I ever saw someone in my building put their trash on top of the dumpster, I think I would flip out.

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch

Tried it. Failed.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

Plasticity

Simple Solution: Shoot the people leaving trash on or near the dumpsters, and leave the raccoons be.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dearest Blog Thread,

In about an hour and a half I am off in a little bus to the airport! Then off in a big plane to Newcastle/Hannah/Lunchables.  I am very excited!  Also really fucking hungry.  I am scared I will get lost in the airport!  or I forgot to pack something important!  But mostly I am just excited!

I am going to have a super time!
Love Jodie
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Aminal

Dear Blog Thread,

Today is my birthday, and I am a grown-up lady of 23.  However I am all alone, my two best friends and my boyfriend are out of town, and I am here to petsit aaaaaaall the aminals.  Pity party at my place, y'all!

...Of course in 10 days I will be in Maui, but for now, poor Marilyn.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Dear--oh fuck it.

I'm pissed. I got a summer job working for the city's water department. The original ad for the position said it was for grounds maintenance, which would just entail mowing, landscaping, cleaning, that sort of thing. It wouldn't be fun, I thought, but it would be better than some other jobs, and the pay was pretty decent. When I showed up for work on Monday, however, I instead was informed that for the summer I would be working for the sewage maintenance sector of the water department. This entails taking a Rodding truck to every single manhole on every single street and sending the Rodder down into the sewers to clean it. This manages to be both back-breaking work (it weighs about 300 pounds and takes 45 minutes or so to get it where it needs to be) and unbearably monotonous (when it's finally in the sewer lines, you just stand around for an hour while it does its thing.)

In addition, my city, Janesville is ridiculously flooded right now, though not nearly as bad as places up in northern Wisconsin, or across the state lines in Iowa and Illinois. But the riverwater has seeped into the sewers now, which has caused the sewers to reach maximum capacity, fail to pump fast enough, and become backed up, resulting in a mix of contaminated river water and raw sewage into the basements of dozens of peoples homes. Guess whose summer job it is to help clean up?

The main guy I go around with is pretty cool, but to be honest--I know this is going to sound horribly pretentious--the rest are racist, homophobic middle-aged blue-collar white males. The pay is alright for a summer job--about 10 dollars an hour, for 8 hours a day. But I come home every day feeling broken, weary, dejected, annoyed and drained, basically miserable. I'm considering quitting...after all, on Wednesday of next week, I'm leaving for Europe for two weeks.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

imapiratearg

Simple Solution: Shoot the people leaving trash on or near the dumpsters, and leave the raccoons be.

That is a fine solution.  The raccoons weren't doin' anything but trying to survive.

morca007

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Tomorrow is my birthday (Half an hour), I will be nineteen. I have nothing planned.
I have:
-A Van.
-A few friends.
-The Pacific northwest.
What do I do for my birthday?

In Conclusion: blogblogblogblog

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

TOO MANY BIRTHDAYS

What is it that happens in Sep/Oct to make people get their baby-making on? I swear half the planet has their birthday in June or July.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Actually the peak for births in the US is in July/August/September, corresponding to baby-making around Christmas and the New Year.  See here for instance.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 82   Go Up