THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 14:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 740273 times)

morca007

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

w00t, my new camera works!

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

Sox

• Scrabble hacker

i wasted too many CD-Rs and too much money.

Always a regret at the end of a relationship!

also knowing my luck i will probably not get any kisses etc. for like 2 more years
ugh
Worse things have happened, but you're a good looking guy, a more proactive approach wouldn't hurt if you want to make out with somebody. Remember, there's no such thing as luck.

a relationship takes time and effort, and occasionally putting the other person ahead of you or your friends/interests [all of which i did all the time]

A relationship like that is never more important than your friends or yourself or your interest. That's a strange way to think. Relationships sometimes do require time and effort, usually after a fact, but you can tell pretty early on whether or not a relationship'll work out, it's a shame when that feeling isn't mutual, but everybody comes around eventually. You're still a teenager, like me. We shouldn't be thinking about relationships requiring 'time and effort', just mutual attraction and politeness.

i was a test subject, and the next relationship she has will be all awesome
screw that guy

Don't be bitter, dude! Be happy for that other guy, he isn't wishing you any ill will I'll bet. I'm three days late to the party, so you probably got over this already. I'd have made the exact same post after my first several relationships, and with hindsight, that's just silly. Feelings like bitterness, anger, resentment, jealousy, just because some chick didn't want you around never helped anybody and there's no reason for them anyway. The idea that girls have 'screwed you over' by not wanting to be in a relationship with you is a weird one, I've felt that, and I'm somewhat embarrassed by it now, because it makes absolutely no sense.

I feel like I just offered a band-aid to a dude whose cut already scabbed over, but I don't read this thread and this was the first time I noticed the post.

my spine ain't good

Oh Muffy, that sucks. Is there anyway to work around the discomfort so you can continue to DJ? I don't know the nature or extent of your problem, but that one handed DJ I saw seemed to work around his handicap pretty well. As for pulling, that all depends on what you're looking for, I guess. I'd relate to you the story about the girl with crutches at college, but anymore of these stories and I'll sound like I'm pitching a lifetime movie special. I hope it doesn't alter your lifestyle too much.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

Dear blog thread,

Today I learnt that stamps are Necessary if I wish to enjoy the services of Royal Mail.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Bwah ha ahhahaha.
Poor Darryl

Dear Blog Thread,

Today I realised I have no awesome real life friends to come and play my Wii with me.

:(
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Play against CPU opponents! It's like having a friend inside the game!
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

no it isn't, on mario kart they're just dicks who laugh at you when you get five lightning clouds in one motherfucking race
it's time to stop posting

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Anna is right!  Plus I can't feel smug when I beat all the boys.
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

no it isn't, on mario kart they're just dicks who laugh at you when you get five lightning clouds in one motherfucking race
Just like real friends!
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

squawk

• Scrabble hacker

Right, but you can't punch the computer

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker

I actually have some rather incriminating footage that would beg to differ.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!

Right, but you can't punch the computer

Well, you could, but that wouldn't be constructive.  Punching electronic devices is not very satisfying, plus they don't repair themselves like people do.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker

And they hurt your knuckles more, what with their hard plastics and all!

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I just got in touch with an old, old friend. He's in the service now, stationed out in Korea. Talking, it's just like old times. The icing on the cake is that he's now my pipeline for any and all materials difficult / impossible to get ahold of in the States. Some cubans sure would be nice right about now...
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Busy week! I got back from Toronto at eight in the morning Tuesday, worked till four, came home to go to sleep, realized I had dinner plans for a meet/greet with the Canadian Undergraduate Math Conference contingent from my university, rushed a shower and went to dinner, then went for beers afterwards and had a greet evening with two old friends (I have old friends from Ontario now!? I have been here a while!).
Wednesday I recuperated and baked pies and went for dinner with the two friends from the night before. We made quesadillas.
Thursday I went in to work right after waking up to cover someone's shift who didn't show. Worked till five, volunteered at the bike centre from five till seven thirty, watched a movie outside on a projection screen, came home, finished all of my liquor bottles with a great new-ish friend of mine, got thoroughly drunk and had private/confidential conversations on my front porch while drinking the world's best bourbon straight from the bottle.
Friday I slept off the hangover then worked 10PM-6AM, slept, caught Wall-E Saturday evening before working 10PM-6AM again and now here I am.
It seemed like this busy week flew past but when I think of where I was a week ago to right now it seems like a time significantly removed from the present I am presently in.

All the drinking was spontaneous/unplanned/unexpected and it was very satisfying and not stupid. Except maybe the last post I made while drunk. That had a lot of jibberish text.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Sheer Dog Sled,

Super Smash Bros. is a dumb game

dummmmbbbbbbb

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

fuck you man that game is awesome

I don't even have a Gamecube but I have the Gamecube version of that game, just in case I meet someone who has a Gamecube but doesn't have that game.

Lines

• Awakened

The last time I played, I kicked major ass with Pikachu. I like that game because it is one I can with with an electric yellow rodent.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Dude we were playing Requiem ages ago. Way to be behind the times.

You miss the part where we've still been playing Masquerade? That shit ain't even in print anymore. Damn shame, it has served as quality entertainment since I started roleplaying.

Beer Flog Head,

Yesterday, I went to pick up my homeboy Davida from work (we both work McD's) so we could go do the annual 5km run. I was on a bike that I've been lent by the people I'm staying with, and said bike has tires as bald as a chemo patient. That combined with the fact that Alaska is fucking covered in rain ALL THE TIME made for some slip-slidey action when I pulled into the parking lot. I am now missing about a square inch of skin on my knee and I have a deep goddamn gash in the skin-free part, because damned if broken glass doesn't fuck your flesh up.

I ended up being faster than Davida anyway though. He kept stopping us when we were running, because his arms were tired. PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: If your arms are tired while you are running, U R DOIN IT RONG. So while my time was 22 minutes last year, this year it was almost 26. Damn it!

I need to change my band-aids 'cause the blood is soaking straight through onto the torn knee of my jeans. :(

LOVE AND TMI,
Patrick!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

got thoroughly drunk and had private/confidential conversations on my front porch while drinking the world's best bourbon straight from the bottle.

I hope you did not say anything that you will regret later.

Also, hahaha.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Sox

• Scrabble hacker

I need to change my band-aids 'cause the blood is soaking straight through onto the torn knee of my jeans. :(

LOVE AND TMI,
Patrick!

If your knees are bleeding while you are running, then U R DOIN IT RONG.

Lines

• Awakened

Hullo Blorg Thrid.

I just got home from my interview. It was actually fun! (Group interview and people were funny.) I think it went well and I'll find out at the end of the week whether it's a yea or nay. Hopefully I get it!

Tomorrow through Weds I am covering for someone at my old office job, so I have to be at work at 8 tomorrow. Ew! And it'll be boring and dead, so I'll have to bring things to entertain myself. I may try to finish a book or knit or just game, who knows. I may just have a mini dance party in the office if I get super bored. (Mini as in me and my computer.)

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

fuck you man that game is awesome

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmbbbbbbbbbb-ah

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

Durr Burr Thurr,

I have another work story!  This time without head injury!

So there I was, hanging out in the lumber yard and a customer comes up to me and tells "Do you realize that you have cats?"  Sure enough, there were cats at work. It was a mother and her three kittens hiding out in a rack of vinyl siding. And I was like awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker

Dear Blog Thread,

I now have a piece of paper that proves I am smarter than many rocks.

Hooray for that, I guess!
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

I'm in Canada. What the hell.

Lines

• Awakened

To keep the boredom at bay, I have been listening to dance music all day while at work. This has worked nicely, but people interrupt my dance party* with dumb questions like "How do you make money with art?" and "Why are there no professors here?" when the answers are obvious. (A. Get a job. B. It's summer and they have lives.) I am watching the office, not taking it over with my crazy shenanigans.

*This means I bounced and spun around in my chair.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Where the heck do you work that people walk in with such questions? I mean, presumably an office at your art school, but even then I'm wondering which office exactly.

Lines

• Awakened

The art department office. I know people ask dumb questions here sometimes, because I would hear the two secretaries (who are both out, hence me being here) talking and laughing about it. I just didn't know the questions were this dumb.

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What

smarter than many rocks

This would make a great custom title, But a terrible band.

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Dear blogging people (and random conversing people),

Tomorrow I go to Germany.

Tonight I should pack.

Instead I am surfing the web and watching Gossip Girl.

Clearly I am a responsible adult.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

evernew

• Curry sauce
  • Put a bangin' DONK on it!

Dear random blogger,
where in Germany are you going and why?

Gossip Girl can suck you in. I don't particularly like ( elitism | teen drama | lifestyle of the rich and the famous | predictable storytelling ) BUT I watched the entire season. I suck at TV self-control.

As for me - I'm surfing this forum, maniacally (maniacly? maniacally?) leeching albums from the mediaf!re thread and trying to overhear whether my brother and his girlfriend are really 'watching a movie' ... all the while I'm 5 weeks out from the deadline of my final thesis and not having written a single word. I postulate that I also suck at non-TV self-control.
The Donk of Canterbury wishes everybody good tidings.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Gossip Girl is such a guilty pleasure for me. I watched the first episode simply because of Penn Badgley and I was bored, and I totally got sucked in.

As for blogging, I started my summer job today (same as last year). It is boring as heeell, but okay, I guess. I don't have to be all friendly and talk to people all day while being stressed (like when I worked at that goddamn kiosk (Narvesen)), instead I sit in front of the computer all day, relaxing and listening to doctors recite case summaries or whatever they're called in English, and I write down what they say, because for some reason, they have time to make notes and recite the stuff, but not to write it down themselves. What the hell? Anyways, it is a decent way to earn some money, but the youngest person there aside from me is a 40 year old woman, so the breaks are sort of awkward and weird. And I should really have a job where I can develop, learn stuff relevant to my education and maybe improve my social skills, but I guess that's not happening this year. At least I'm improving my knowledge of human anatomy and some basic medicine-stuff - wonder if that'll ever come in handy.

And I started watching The Office (US version) on Sunday evening, and I'm already at season 3, episode 9. It is fucking awesome, I don't know why I waited so long to download it.
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2008, 14:04 by Ladybug »

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

hello blog thread,

i spent the past week with my boyfriend, it was kinda like a very low budget vacation.

the upside: feel extremely relaxed
the downside: he got me into world of warcraft, which i swore i'd never touch. bah.  also, now i have no one who will fetch me tea and sandwiches while i'm working (or attempting to, anyway)

the gossip girl books are a guilty pleasure of mine, but i haven't bothered watching the show, because i've seen the trailer for it, and it did not impress.

love,
anna
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

I'm in Canada. What the hell.

How is Canada treating you?  Does everyone have accents?  Is it hilarious?

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Speaking of Canada, happy Canada Day my Canuck brothers and sisters!

Put some maple syrup on your poutine, or something

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Shit dude, Canada day is still tomorrow over here.

Also yeah, everyone has accents, it's pretty silly. Also today (during my North American fast-food christening at Wendy's) I heard a guy use the word 'chill' a) as a synonym for 'relax' b) in a completely non-ironic way. I have kind of adopted it. It is a pretty fantastic word.

We went to a lake for swimming. It is like twenty-five degrees out and people are swanning about in swimsuits while I try to soak up as much of this tiny weak sun as I can, in jeans and a t-shirt. Yesterday I actually got sunburnt but it was gone by this morning.

Canada is a crazy land.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

I heard a guy use the word 'chill' a) as a synonym for 'relax' b) in a completely non-ironic way. I have kind of adopted it. It is a pretty fantastic word.

This made me laugh more than anything online has in a long time.

We are making poutine with cheese curds tomorrow/today and I am converting an incidental loaf of bread I had started yesterday/today into a maple rye loaf instead of a rye loaf.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

I use the word 'chill' like that fairly often. You should hang out with me more. I say 'rad' non-ironically too, and even 'the bomb'! And sometimes, if I'm feeling really adventurous, I'll use 'chill' as an adjective ('that dude is pretty chill')!

Raed golb daerht,

Today, we recieved a new shipment of Romanians at work! They will be with us until September. I worked with one of them last year, she is pretty cool! It's her, her boyfriend (hella rad dude), and a friend of hers (kindof odd, but nice enough) from her university. They are actually staying in the exact room I stayed in last year, as it turns out!

My friend Nathan here in town is homeless. His fiancee broke up with him and left him with nowhere to stay. He's staying with our mutual friend Davida, because he's kindly offered the other bed in his room to Nate for the next 10 days while Nathan finds a place to rent. The poor guy even slept on the street a couple days ago, and without an alarm clock to wake him up, he missed work and got suspended for a couple days. He can't stay with his parents, they're so useless as human beings that they didn't even show up to his high school graduation or even give him an "Attaboy". And I can't even help, because I myself am relying on the generosity of others for shelter and employment. It fucking sucks and what little Catholic remains in me is making me feel guiltier than OJ Simpson.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

evernew

• Curry sauce

Go ahead and laugh at my foreign ways - but I've been using "to chill" synonymously for relaxing and possibly smoking reefer cigarettes for quite a while now. Back when we didn't have anything to do (or thought we didn't), a good friend of mine and me used to have a conversation as follows a couple of times every week:

Person 1: "Hi, what's up?"
Person 2: "Not much, hanging out (both) / playing videogames (me) / scamming money (him) / watching a movie (both). You?"
Person 1: "Not much. Wanna chill?"
Person 2: "OK. Be at your place / my place / the parking lot / the pier in 5."
*click*

Ouch at that homeless situation. So you're bumming, too? How's that working out? (I've been meaning to try. Will travel a lot later this year and it's probably a neat skill to have.)

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook

Dear Blog Thread,

I have a job interview in 52 minutes. I need this one real badlike. Wish me luck.

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

My friend Nathan here in town is homeless. His fiancee broke up with him and left him with nowhere to stay.

Man that's too bad man.  I had to live with assorted friends and in my car for a couple of weeks for one summer.  At least I had a car to stay in.  (I slept in the trunk in a parking lot so the cops wouldn't hassle me).  And I could shower in the college's gym early in the morning.

Is this a young dude?  Is there any kind of local place he can go for a place to stay for a bit?

evernew

• Curry sauce

man how the hell is this dogswimming date/notdate,justhangingoutwithareallycutefunnyawesomegirl? going to go

This situation excites me.
Does she know how cutefunnyawesome she is to you?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I have discovered the simple joy of asserting myself and not accepting bullshit.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout

Dear Bloog Throod,

The plumbing at work is messed up and Roto-Rooter is here as I type this.  I work in a small granite shed.  The whole plant smells like shit.  Even in the office.

:[

<3
Matt

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

Matt, make sure it is Roto-Rooter, not Rectal Rooter...

Rear Balrog Treads:

What happened to June?  Is July going to be as quick?  Also I get back a midterm in a few moments.  I didn't study for it.  I think I got it perfect.

Edit:  Man... 29.1 out of 30
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2008, 11:42 by Dissy »
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

woo. it is kind of sad that the trip next summer is the only thing i have in my life to look forward to.

is said roadtrip coming through kansas cause uh sam I think you need to come grind it up with me

Fer'sure
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!

Dribbles Blab Threed,

I recently started my new summer job as assistant webmaster for an online gambling company. I'm trying to work out if this makes my line of work more or less corrupt than Tommy's. Thoughts?

Also, today during my commute home, I had to break up a fight on the underground by wading in between the two opponents. This sounds more awesome than it was, because they were two middle-aged business men engaged in an argument about one pushing the other that resulted in one slapping the other. I mean, seriously? But when the guy who got slapped looked ready to punch the other dude once the shock had worn off, I ended up wading in, because it did not look like an even fight at all (that said, I'm pretty sure I could've taken both of them, which says something for their lack of fighting prowess) and plus fighting on tube trains is not cool for anyone involved. I'm pretty sure it only escalated that far because there was no route of escape for the weaker guy, and the only other way he knew to react to feeling physically threatened was a half-arsed slap.

Nonetheless, when I sat down a lovely lady tapped me on the arm and whispered "well done" to me, and a pretty girl laughed incredulously (as did a few others) and then smiled at me. All in all, I came out the awesomest.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

Lines

• Awakened

So I am back to square one on looking for jobs again. Craptastic.

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!

Well, one of my housemates is in jail right now on charges of check fraud, a la a craigslist scam. Fun times.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 82   Go Up