THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 740167 times)

morca007

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Hey Blog thread, I come to you for advice.

I cannot seem to find/want to find housing for Fall Term. Should I take it off and travel instead? I have until September 28th to get a full refund on Fall Term tuition, I think. So far I have completed one year of my BA, and have about two years worth of credits.

I have some money, and my current idea is:
-Taglit Israel for about two weeks: $0
-Argentina/Peru for maybe a month or two: $?

As you can see I have thought this through.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Dear Diary,

I had a good weekend.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout

Dear Blog Thread

Johnny's post about robins is the best post of all time.  I love you Johnny

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

Dear Blog Thread,

I smoked dem trees for the first time today. It didn't do shit (well, i felt slightly buzzed, but I think it was just placebo effect), but seeing my friend stoned was funny.

Whoo!

- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

Man, I am just a huge disappointment to everyone ever, basically.

At least I'm getting song material out of it?
it's time to stop posting

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Fuck those guys, squawk. You're good people.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

Fuck, you guys are so nice. I am going to start being a better person right fucking now so I can live up to your expectations and 'cause I kind of need to do that anyway

In other blogginess, a couple months ago when I'd skip sleep to get schoolwork done I would sometimes hear an owl hootin' outside my window at 4 AM. I actually saw one today! Two of them! They were bouncing on the top of this tree and being awesome and then they flew directly over me to another tree. Their wingspans are probably three feet. This is continuing the "nature is so rad!" theme.
it's time to stop posting

imapiratearg

A squirrel crawled onto the transformer on our street and blew up, thus knocking out power to the neighborhood!  This was when I was still sleeping off my drunken stupor on Friday morning before I got home.

Nature is pretty okay?

morca007

nature is making me nervous!
DAMN NATURE. YOU SCARY!

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

I did part of my senior first aid course for Cadets today. Umm...yay?

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

Dear Blog Thread,

I had an overall rather shitty weekend. Nothing disastrously bad occurred, but not much went right from Friday evening on.

Rachel and I had plans to go down to Cape Cod with some of our friends for a weekend of drinking and video gaming and swimming. Upon getting on our way back down from NH, her friend, whom we were picking up, ended up missing her train. We then had to drive into the city (The plan was to avoid driving back through Boston). Fortunately, we didn't run into much traffic. On our way, I decided to call the cottage to let my friend know we were going to be late. His fucking grandmother answers and tells me he's not there. I fortunately get his cell phone and he informs me that it turns out his grandmother and his aunt and uncle were there and his dad, who is incredibly creepy and awkward, would be there Saturday. The three in my car start to get pissed at the idea and lean towards going to hang out with a different group for the weekend, but my friends down there talk me into sticking with the plan, figuring that if the adults folk were lame, we could leave Saturday.

We arrived at the cottage and the first thing I see is an eight year old girl sitting on the bench outside. Apparently, my friend's cousins were there too and they had all claimed all the double beds and Rachel and I were subsequently stuck with one of those smaller than a twin beds. Beyond this, Rachel, having a two year old daughter, is far from comfortable drinking around children, so she was effectively fucked. On that line of thought, we were all also stuck in the same area as the kids for sleeping arrangement, meaning no possibility of anything sexual. Now, I'm not a fan of drinking around kids either, but damn if I didn't drink like a fish, because I haven't been that pissed off in months.

So, we decide that five of us are just going to go back to my apartment and drink our asses off. We eventually got there and one of our group gets pissed off and depressing and starts bringing us down. Then, tempers started to flare as a mixture of the drinking, a drinking game we played that got to some of my base insecurities and the fact we were all still pissed about our ruined weekend, so half of us were fighting amongst each other.

There were some highlights, but overall, my weekend was pretty lame.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

then steer clear of my house. a very mean-spirited owl just moved into a nearby tree and now all it can do is hiss violently at us. sometimes it even perches on our deck and hisses whilst ruining our potted plants by tromping all over them.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

An owl almost clawed me once! It must have thought I was a rodent. It got really close and must have noticed that I was a person at the last minute. My head would have been hell of taloned!
Hate, rain on me

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

birds fucking rule.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

imapiratearg

then steer clear of my house. a very mean-spirited owl just moved into a nearby tree and now all it can do is hiss violently at us. sometimes it even perches on our deck and hisses whilst ruining our potted plants by tromping all over them.

Punch it in the face.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Sir, frog's dead,

a) I'm jamming with a friend this weekend. Fun! Of course, this means I'll have to lug the giant case my guitar comes with downtown.

b) I got jumped on by the most adorable puppy earlier.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Bitch frog is not dead he forgave Magus and then they fucking saved all of time.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

I have no idea what that means.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

It means James is dreamy.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Well that is a given. I mean really, do we need to find the picture of him in bra again?
Liz is touching me.

Lines

• Awakened

No, but we could use one of him in the shower with a bass. Rawr.

Holy shit, I can't believe I just said rawr. What the crap.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

It's called "animal magnetism," Linds. I think we have discussed this before, ladies are unable to resist his charms.
Liz is touching me.

0bsessions

• Quiki

Bitch frog is not dead he forgave Magus and then they fucking saved all of time.

Man, Frog was around back in 600, he is totally dead by now.
JON MADE ME GAY

Bibliophile

• Emoticontraindication
  • <:3)~~

I needed more pretty office clothes so today I bought 3 shirts, 3 pairs of pants and a handbag for CAN $120.89 including taxes. I feel pretty awesome, it even nearly made up for the fact I could not find a single pair of shoes to fit me. Lunchy, on the other hand, bought the most fantastic pair of shoes to wear with her bridesmaid's dress at my wedding. They are a thing of beauty.
If television is a babysitter, the internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

Yeah plus in his time Frog is Glenn again so he is hardly Frog.
Hate, rain on me

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.

WAAAAH BLOOOOGGGG THRREAAAAAD
THIS IS MY FIRST BLOGGGGGG.

I need people who like to go to art galleries for long periods and also give me space!
The only person I can think of who might want to come and be free is not talking to me because apparently I was leading him on and he digs me more than I dig him!

I need people who like music I do and who likes hanging out in pubs who play good music at late notice. Why are all my friends busy?

Guys people NEVER RSVP THOSE BITCHES.

Why have I spent the WHOLE DAY SITTING AT HOME bored out of my brains. I read most of the xkcd archive again just by hitting random and I watched all the recent Improv Everywhere videos. I also beat my own highscore in tetris.

blaeriurgkndgboldfjgle;rjgel;tkjhblkdjfbl;aerjgtljw
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Aww Ali, I'm sorry.

Anyway, I am sitting in a backpacker hostel in Vancouver hogging all the Internet whilst I wait for breakfast and my lazy boy to get downstairs. Yesterday we went to Stanley Park and saw heaps of animals and got a bit drunk!  Being in a foreign country is fascinating (even if my roommates are all German and won't look at me.) Anyway today we are just gonna hang around and do not much because we are exhausted from yesterday. Tomorrow we are catching the ferry to Victoria and it will be neat!

0bsessions

• Quiki

Dear Blog Thread,

I have made a breakthrough on understanding the concept of "cool." Through intensive study, I have discovered the forumla for coolness.

Coolness is determined by an inverse relationship between age and facial hair cultivation.

For an example of my theory, I submit to you Sam versus Joe Hocking. Sam, generally regarded as one of the coolest gents on these here forums, is a scant sixteen years old, but grows a beard that would make a lumberjack cry. Meanwhile, old man Hocking is a baby-faced gent who looks back fondly on Reaganomics. Joe Hocking is rather universally regarded as "lovable, yet inherently uncool."

I still need to adjust my formula to calculate for women, but I'd say this is some pretty intense progress.

Edit: Additional data:

Johnny C. Young, but rather subpar facial hair. Solution? In a band. Variable resolves discrepancy caused by unsatisfactory beardage.

Sam, also in band, further solidified under coolness factor.
« Last Edit: 08 Jul 2008, 10:49 by 0bsessions »
JON MADE ME GAY

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Dear Clog Head,

I'm figuring out that I have to change the way that I think on a very fundamental level.

Love,
KvP
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Kjære bloggtråd,

I keep reading everywhere that a good help for reaching a goal is to publicize it. This will have to be public enough: I will lose 35 more pounds by April 30th. If I never mention it again it is probably because I've failed, but I do not plan on failing. (Okay, I hope I won't.)

0bsessions

• Quiki

Dear Blog Thread,

So, I got a letter from the IRS today. It was informing me that I should expect my stimulus check by July 11. Also in today's mail: my stimulus check.

Seriously, IRS. Why are you so dumb?
JON MADE ME GAY

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

Kjære bloggtråd,

I keep reading everywhere that a good help for reaching a goal is to publicize it. This will have to be public enough: I will lose 35 more pounds by April 30th. If I never mention it again it is probably because I've failed, but I do not plan on failing. (Okay, I hope I won't.)

That's something that you can accomplish.  If you increase your exercise buy 20 minutes a day and eat healthy you can loose 5 pounds a month pretty easy.

Unless you are already at the normal weight for your height.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Seriously, IRS. Why are you so dumb?

Never mind that the letters came at the same time, why even send a letter to inform people that another letter is coming?

Also, that doesn't beat my bizarre IRS letter this season, which basically stated (I'm paraphrasing here) "YOU OWE US MONEY!!!! ... Actually, on second thought nevermind, disregard this letter." Even the lady at the IRS (when I called in confusion) thought it was pretty dumb.

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

Dear witty re-phrasing of the words "Blog Thread",

Today was Attractive Females From Canada Day at work!

Wow.  Nobody told me about this.  I gotta go hang out in Canada sometime.

Plus someone or something left a demonic message on my cellphone.  I gotta post a video about it.

-Caleb

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

don't do it! it's a trap!

as soon as you step over the border, the lumberjack mounties riding grizzly bears will tear you to shreds with razor-sharp hockey sticks while spitting venomous maple syrup into your eyes!

morca007

Oh man, who knew music was expensive?

Today I began my project to legitimize my mp3 collection by purchasing vinyl copies of my favorite albums. Two albums cost me $30! This is crazy!
But listening to them now, it is totally worth it, and having nice big album art is awesome!
(They are Come on Pilgrim by Pixies and Joy Division's Warsaw)

imapiratearg

*Jealousy.*

Lines

• Awakened

don't do it! it's a trap!

as soon as you step over the border, the lumberjack mounties riding grizzly bears will tear you to shreds with razor-sharp hockey sticks while spitting venomous maple syrup into your eyes!

You have no idea how disappointed I was when I went to Canada and this didn't happen.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

We looked for mounties so hard and never saw a single one. Not even when we were on the islands among the trees and wildlife.
Liz is touching me.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

I'm incredibly saddened that you even have to ask that question.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Danger gets chicks hot. Now you can say 'hey baby want to make out it'll cut your face'.
Really dude.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Man Liz, that is pretty terrible. We have seen not only two mounties in their daily uniform frolicking around the park on horses, we have also seen one in the red jacket and silly hat and pants! Hoorah!
(We win at Canada.)

Oh okay so anwyay Blog Thread, we wandered around today as discussed previously. Also we had a nap whilst lying in the shade at our hostel. Canadians are great and nobody has mugged me yet or run me over, which is pretty neat.

Darkbluerabbit

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • SKULL BABIES!

my stubble can shred skin+require the use of a band-aid, apparently

i don't know if i should feel bad or awesome about this

A little bad maybe, but mostly awesome.  You feel it when you are getting faceburn.  If she feels the whiskerburn and keeps up with makeouts, it means it's worth it to her to keep going.  So you are probably good enough at makeouts that it is worth a little faceburn.

Faceburn is not bad.  It's better than hickeys, at least, because the worst faceburn just looks like you tripped on carpet.

öde

I saw a guy dressed as a mountie here, he looked drunk and annoyed.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Danger gets chicks hot. Now you can say 'hey baby want to make out it'll cut your face'.
Really dude.

This is not as attractive as James thinks it is. Faceburn is pretty much unpleasant.

Also, Lunchy- you were there on Canada Day. Of course the mounties are going to be out in full force in their silly uniforms! We were just their on a regular weekend.
Liz is touching me.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Danger gets chicks hot.

I'm gonna pull a tommy!

ADDITION: Has dan deleted all of his posts? While reading that old thread I noticed quotes referring to posts of his that aren't there. Man, I didn't realize how thoroughly he'd scrubbed himself from the forum.
« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2008, 09:19 by jhocking »

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Dear Club Med,

I had a dream that was sort of related to the forums / gabbly last nite.

In it, I was attending a theatrical performance of Wicked, with Tania and Tommy. The actors had the odd ability to teleport around the theater (the Fillmore Auditorium in Denver), so we had to shift around a lot to keep up with the performance. Now, I've only a vague idea what Tania looks like, so in my dream she appeared to look sort of like a young Molly Ringwald, but in punkish attire. Somehow I knew it was Tania. She was eating raw onions at the time, and when I pointed this out she said something along the lines of "I hate your soul... through me." which took me aback some.

As is often the case in dreams, the scene changed pretty abruptly, and we were now on a school bus travelling through Denver with a number of children. We stopped at a hot springs (there are no hot springs in Denver, but whatever) and we all frantically evacuated the bus. Tania disappeared, and a mountain lion materialized, which Tommy began attacking with an axe. The rest of dream consisted of me trying and failing to avoid getting splattered with mountain lion blood as Tommy hacked away. Then I woke up.

Now, I think I understand why some of this imagery came to me. The play "Wicked" is currently being put on at our college for the benefit of local children. I had recently listened to and enjoyed Tommy & Tania's radio show.  I had recently played through No More Heroes, where the protagonist says at one point "I love your soul", I'm thinking the quote got garbled in my dream processes. I'm going to see Feist at the Fillmore next week.

As for the second part of my dream... No idea. Maybe Tania became the lion and Tommy killed her... symbolically? I'm sure there's some stuff in there that psychoanalysts would have a fun time picking apart.

Usually my dreams are pretty vague to me when I wake up, but the appearance of actual known personalities to me seemed to make this one stand out for me.
« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2008, 16:31 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

That is actually a pretty accurate portrayal of Tania. Your subconscious is quite smart.
Liz is touching me.

sean

• welp

Fear Dog Lead,

I went to an amusement park today for the first time in like, 2 years! It was quite fun but I got sunburned out the ass, which really sucks. But it was totally worth it cause roller coasters are mad awesome. I also managed to make one of the worst purchases ever: 8 bucks for a really gross flavor of Dip N Dots. Grrrrrr.

- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

sunburned out the ass

What

Hey guys I am in Victoria! It is pretty rockin'
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 82   Go Up