THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 740193 times)

Fenriswolf

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Alright, dreams. Arg, there's a vet at work who thinks he's soooo hot (has a great body, likes to get changed in front of all the women at work even though he doesn't have to), and knows more about everything than everyone, and is so funny! And witty! And dammit even though I hate it I am attracted to him.  :oops:

Last night I dreamt he'd cut his hair (he's got chin-lenth wavy hair), and I ran my hands over his face and he was looking at me really intensely then later on we were kissing. This is very very distracting at work. *cry*

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

Tania, even though I totally need the money I cancelled one of my shifts at work to go see Ignite on thursday night. I was not going to do this but then my brother cancelled the shift without telling me. Since I got mad at him he is now paying for my ticket to the show and giving me $30, thus paying me for the shift.

Awesome?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

very awesome!
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU

Dear Blog Thread,

I've been nicotine-free for 3 whole days, and, in probably related news, spent all of today being a giant jerk to everyone I saw. 

Fuck you,

Karl

thepugs

My fiancée was in a car wreck yesterday.  The first call I heard on my nearly-dead cell phone as I got out of a movie was that she was taken to this major trauma center in downtown Charlotte, and was bleeding from the ear.  Needless to say I freaked the fuck out, and some buddies of mine drove me out there.  Turns out that she isn't badly injured - the airbag bruised and scratched the right side of her face a little, and unattached the top of her right ear (I learned that there is superglue for people, and is preferred now to stitches).  They let her go home last night, at least (I went with - she lives with her family still).  I took today off from work, and as soon as I got home, went out to unwind.

She was making a delivery for her grocery store when she got in the wreck - I'll likely be complaining about the probably-to-follow battle between the grocery store, insurance companies, and worker's comp group in the future.

thepugs

She's doing well - she's a lot less sore than she was expecting to be.  She's up and about, and the swelling should be gone after a few days.

Thanks - I'm still feeling a little weird about it and everything.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Dear blog thread,

False alarm on the laptop. The postal service did things that confused me. I wound up biking like 30 miles in about an hour and a half, though, so I got some really good exercise (and god knows I could use muscle mass).

Tomorrow night, I start soldering up the electronics in that old guitar I'm fixing up. Things got a tiny bit rough with the rebirth of that sucker (fit problems and confusion with wiring) but now that all the hard work is done, the fun shit can come.

There is a girl back in Luxembourg who I've had a crush on for like 3 years who is going to be moving to Zurich with her family soon. I told her it would be really easy to visit her, because it's only an 8-hour ferry from Albania and something like an overnight train ride through Italy and Switzerland to get there. She promised I'd get makeouts if I did. Long story short, I will be going to Switzerland this fall!

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

tania

• famed sex columnist

i've been really exhausted the last few days and last night i had two absolutely horrific dreams that even now i can't stop thinking of. i don't know if they're due to stress or oversleeping or what but they really freaked me the fuck out.

in the first one i was in a relationship with this guy i work with. and i guess there was this other guy who didn't like him, or me, or something so they ended up getting their friends together and jumping him and stabbing him to death. the second dream involved me being pregnant and giving birth, which when written like that doesn't sound so bad so for this dream it is absolutely crucial to know i am fucking terrified of being pregnant. and everyone kept telling me "oh, childbirth is beautiful, you'll know once it happens" but all i did was scream and cry and flail my arms and after giving birth i just did the same thing even more because i had no idea what to do with myself or with this baby.

i know it makes me sound like a pretty terrible person but the idea of me being pregnant really is the most terrifying thing in the world to me, like this really normal everyday thing can get me so freaked out i wake up shaking and can't really do anything for the next hour or so. the first one freaked me out as well because said guy is probably one of my closest friends at work right now. i think this might be some kind of weird guilt due to the fact that yesterday he lent me a book and i kind of lost it, although i really do not see how apologizing and buying someone a new copy of a book is anything at all like watching them get stabbed to death. dreams are fucking weird.

imapiratearg

• Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout

I think it's the phase of the moon.  We're getting close to a full moon, and those can really fuck with people.

I am sort of superstitious like that.  Call me a pagan, I guess.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

Can't I just call you gullible instead?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

imapiratearg

• Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout

I suppose that works, too.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

Dear Clog Fred,

My hamster died. :(

Love Gemm.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

speaking of rabbits. i went outside for smoke before bed the other night and sitting in the corner right by the door was the tiniest baby bunny i've ever seen. it was just sitting there being perfectly still trying to blend in (and doing a surprisingly good job) and i honestly couldn't tell what it was until i crouched down and our faces were about a foot and a half apart. i thought it was a rock at first and i thought "how did that get there?" but then i realized it wasn't jagged or oddly shaped like a rock; it was almost a perfect sphere so i thought it was a rubber ball of some kind until i realized it was covered in fur.

i'm pretty sure it was in that corner so it could hide from the mean-spirited owl who recently moved into the area.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

I know it makes me sound like a pretty terrible person but the idea of me being pregnant really is the most terrifying thing in the world to me, like this really normal everyday thing can get me so freaked out i wake up shaking and can't really do anything for the next hour or so.
Nah, pregnancy is honestly pretty terrifying when you think about it (and when you, uh, don't want it)

Anyway, hello flog bed,

I went to see Feist last night with some friends of mine. Up in front, which was nice. Feist seemed less cheery than the last time I saw her (she had some technical problems, plus I wager she's the type who prefers smaller venues) but it was good. Feist isn't normally my sort of music, I enjoy it but it's pretty...not...loud. Regardless, the girls I brought are huge, huge fans and good friends of mine so I paid their way the whole trip. They spent the concert dancing and cuddling and kissing, and it was a little bit distracting when I was trying to watch the folksy sing-songin', but I'm happy for the kids, they had a pretty great time. And they took me out for ice cream afterwards and we talked about gay music. A good night, I think.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

Blag Tread:

Steely Dan.

This Saturday. 

I won a pair of tickets.

Now I need a date.  apparantly it is a 21 and over show.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

i'm pretty sure it was in that corner so it could hide from the mean-spirited owl who recently moved into the area.

It's actually the baby rabbits who are mean spirited and the owls are protecting us.

I saw a baby rabbit once.  I didn't get too close to it because I read that rabbits leave their kids in safe spots while they go find food.

I also saw a newborn fawn in the woods all curled up in a ball once when I was helping to clear out the woods after a microburst.  That time I pretty much walked right by it before noticing it.  It's amazing that you can miss seeing animals just because they are so good at staying still.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Blag Tread:

Steely Dan.

This Saturday. 

I won a pair of tickets.

Where are you
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I have a shirt for you.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

morca007

Today I bought tickets for the midnight showing of the Dark Knight on thursday!
Also I remembered why I don't like being downtown; I saw scads of people I know from High School and had to talk to them. It was terrible!

Fenriswolf

Aw, that sucks.

I suspect my rabbit is dying. She does nothing but sit in her cage all day, she barely eats, and she is losing a lot of fur very quickly. It's terrible! She is nearly eight years old though, so it's not really that odd - an average lifespan for her race is about five years, so she has held up exceptionally well.
8?? Dude, that's freakish. What breed is she? I would take her to a vet personally, if they get unwell they can starve to death slowly and that pretty much sucks  :-(

FruitKat

• Furry furrier

Lop? I think?

I'm sorry about your bunny :(

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears

So last night I ended up doing the safety dance on stage with a man with a helicopter hat. I wish I knew how that happened. Also, everything I have heard of CSS' new album is very disappointing.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I hope things keep looking up for your rabbit.

So the IT department at my school is looking for people with unpadded resumes to come and help them out, image computers and whatnot. I walked in to interview and I fuckin' Jerry Lewised that thing. It was some real Nutty Professor shit, I'm telling you. I was a whole new man. And then I walked out and returned to normal.

I start next month, and the only things that are different from my current job are 1. I'll actually have job experience that could help me in the future 2. a $1 per hour raise and 3. the ability to work full-time.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Dissy

Blag Tread:

Steely Dan.

This Saturday. 

I won a pair of tickets.

Where are you

Unfortunately, I am in New Mexico.  And, apparantly, the show is sold out.
I fuck at typos

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

Dear Blog Thread,

Considering if I want to try to go to Batman tomorrow or not.

I don't wanna go alone since that would be lame.  There is gonna be a ton of other people going.

The only other movie I decided to go alone to was Kill Bill and it was pretty fun.

morca007

Caleb- Is there no one to go with? If so, go alone, it will be worth it.

Last night I made a mashup! It was 4am, so I do not know what I was doing. But it is a thing you can download I guess.
I Kissed a Supermassive Blackhole in Paris
edit for longer, better version:
Code: [Select]
http://www.mediafire.com/?t112vgxbxzv
« Last Edit: 17 Jul 2008, 17:50 by morca007 »

tania

• famed sex columnist

today while walking home from work this kid who looked about five or six started following me on his bike and talking to me. i went along with it because that's one of those stupid cute things little kids do, they talk to people they don't know. after a couple of minutes he then started asking me a bunch of questions like "where do you live?" and "do you have a boyfriend?", and so on, and it became apparant that the reason this kid was following me was because he had some kind of little kid crush on me. which i guess is also one of those stupid cute things little kids do but man i don't want this kid near my house. after a while he took off and i kept walking and upon arriving home my doorbell rang a bunch of times and it turned out this kid somehow actually followed me home and wanted to come inside my house. i said no. getting asked out by a little kid is kind of flattering, i guess, but mostly i am hoping he doesn't show up here ever again.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

Tania can't risk it happening again.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

It is a good thing you didn't let the kid in. The whole situation seems pretty creepy.

Hate, rain on me

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

That movie looked hella creepy from the first trailer I saw. Then I saw another one and it seemed kinda stupid.

That picture, however, gave me the willies.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy

I saw a trailer for it when I went to see Mongol last week and it did indeed look pretty creepy. That picture is similarly creepy but becomes less so when you realise that Liv Tyler is inexplicably pointing at her feet with both hands.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

The thing about The Strangers is that the first half is really good and the second half sucks a lot.

The first half of the movie has a really unique atmosphere that I found really creative and a pleasant change of pace among horror movies. They employ a few pretty clever ideas to intensify things, but then the movie goes downhill and becomes a run-of-the-mill run-from-the-killers movie. So much wasted potential.
Hate, rain on me

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Sad. I think I will go see it if it hits the dollar theater, or borrow it from someone when it comes out on DVD. We shall see.
Liz is touching me.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

the first half is really good and the second half sucks a lot.

I've been noticing that a lot lately. I think that's the new trend in movies.

Fenriswolf

Re: rabbits living 8 years. I've always found that if they live to 8 they're like 18-20 year old cats... decrepit. 6-8 is what we were taught in vet nursing, but you seldom see them getting to 8. But wikipedia said they can live up to 15 years! Hmmm

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

aargh my apartment is going to shit

dammit all, not only do I have to contact the air conditioner manufacturer tomorrow (it is definitely broken; it was actually blowing cold air for a bit earlier but stopped again,) but I just encountered a huge flying cockroach in my room.  I have no idea how it even got in here.  I'd get roach motels to put around the apartment, but this thing is too big for a roach motel.

Now that's two things I gotta call the super about.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dear internet thread

Tania's story about tiny children being in love with her is the best thing I have read/seen/whatever all day.

I am glad you got stalked Tania, it makes everything aweosme.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé

The last few weeks have shown a marked increase in insanity in my life.

My 47-year-old mother had a heart attack / gastritis flare-up while my father was out of town, so I ended up taking her to the emergency room and basically being my 20-year-old autistic brother's caregiver for a couple of days.  My dad's back now, though, and he's again treating me as if I was about twelve, despite the fact that I was a very competent head of the household for a while and despite the fact that I'm moving out in less than a month.  I think it's mostly just that he's worried about my mom and he was frustrated by having to be away while all this was happening, but it's hard to deal with, sometimes.

If that wasn't enough, today was my last day at my job at the zoo, because I'm leaving in about five hours to go apartment hunting in the place I'm going to be living.  Also my boyfriend and I will be visiting my grandmother, who just had all of her veterbrae fused and is in a full body shell-cast-type-thing and is bed-bound.  We're going up there mostly to give my exhausted grandfather a break from night shift help-invalid-get-to-the-bathroom duty.

Part of me is excited about all this growing up stuff, and part of me is completely balking.  Regardless, it makes finding time for the internets a lot more difficult.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

the first half is really good and the second half sucks a lot.

I've been noticing that a lot lately. I think that's the new trend in movies.

Hancock.

Elizzybeth, holy shit, I do not envy you at all right now. I really hope things get better with your family's medical problems :(

Dear you guys,

Both drive-thru girls have ceased coming to the restaurant, it appears. The annoying one? Good riddance. The cute one? Well, damn, that sucks. Yesterday's 2-10 shift was pretty alright though. Lots of my regular customers, got a bunch of Russians who were hella chill, and plenty of cute female-types (nights always seem to bring the young wimmins).

I got my guitar's parts all soldered up! I'm hellof excited about it all, I can't wait to get all my shit finished! I just gotta cut the ends off of the bridge pickup's mounting screws (that or rout very small, shallow holes in the pickup cavity to make room) so I can get the fuckin' pickguard/electronics assembly firmly attached to the guitar's body. I am within inches of having the first test!

Still no laptop yet. I am piiiiiiissed and will probably have to have my friend file an insurance claim with the U.S. Postal Service. Fuck!

Love,
Me!
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2008, 00:59 by Patrick »
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!

Blog blog bloooh blooh,

Not having a life right now (ie wanting to do nothing except watch TV online...and haunt about here, too, I suppose) - is it a cause or a symptom of this depression I'm feeling? Any way I look at it right now, I ain't doing much for anybody, which makes me feel just a bit worthless.

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff

I had an epiphany today, Blog Thread. There is a dismantled high-sleeper in my garage that used to be my sisters, before she stole my bed when I went to uni. Since I came back from uni (one year ago), I've been sleeping on a mattress on the floor. I decided that I am going to steal the high-sleeper, put it together in our room, and move some furniture about so that I have more room to live. This endeavour will grant me more floor space, a desk for my computer, and an actual bed frame instead of just having a mattress on the floor.

Also I am going to buy some sort of rodent to replace Willow, my hamster that died, whether my mother wants me to or not na na na na na.

Love, Gemmers.

oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Dissy

I had a QC-related dream the other night.  It was the first dream in a while that I can remember with some decency.

I am siting in my computer class, the teacher leaves the room, and Jeph comes in, behind a cart of food stuffs.  Jeph then proceeds to teach us to make the "Best Reuben you'll ever eat."  After we make our sammiches, Jeph walks around inspecting out work.  He then proceeds to ask me to help some of the people who haven't quite gotten how to make the sammich.  I go around, and help J0n, Tommy, Tania, Yelley, and several non-forum members.  On my rounds, I saw lots of other forumites, then sat down.  Once I took my seat, Jeph informs us that he is now going to test us on how well we made the Rubens.  He gives us a plate of ingredients, and says we have 20 mins to make the sammich.  Who ever makes the best one, gets an 'A.'  I make the sammich, then wake up.

I think the dream is a combination of sorts, firs, I've been a little stressed about the computer class test I had to take (took it yesterday), and apparantly, QC is on the mind...

Yes, I'm quoting this. 

Anyways, I got the test back last night, as I was leaving class.  I got the highest grade he's ever given on this test, a 98.  I was like, "Holy Fuck!  Thank you Jeph and your Reuben tutorial!"
I fuck at typos

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Blog blog bloooh blooh,

Not having a life right now (ie wanting to do nothing except watch TV online...and haunt about here, too, I suppose) - is it a cause or a symptom of this depression I'm feeling? Any way I look at it right now, I ain't doing much for anybody, which makes me feel just a bit worthless.
Could be both. Depression can work that way. You feel like shit so you do something that makes you feel worse so you do it again and so on. If you can, try changing your routine for awhile and see if it's of any help.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Dearest Bloog Throod,

Today I am going to a play with the non-profit I intern at's board of directors and a few kids. I took them there the other day because we had a service project type thing where we teach the kids the concept of gratitude and then take them to businesses and people's homes who have donated time, money or what-have-you to the organization. They were playing with my phone the other day, so now I have a video of a small asian girl throwing fake gang signs as my wallpaper. I have decided that that is kind of creepy!

It's amazing these kids seem so happy-go-lucky at first when they've been through kind of a lot. One girl said she might be moving (they all live in a group of apartment buildings that are owned by five area churches to give med. term housing to people who need it) to a house with stairs. She was excited that her new house might have stairs. That certainly is something that I've taken for granted. Another girl has 7 brothers and sisters and none have the same dads. She hasn't seen hers since she was three. That is a lot of kids in a three bedroom trailer... so it's cool for her to get out of that dang place to have her own identity.

Also: Fargo Downtown Street Fair is yesterday, today and tomorrow. I am going to go check out all the cool vendors after I write this!

<3s,
Brittany
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

The street fair is pretty great! There are a bunch of booths with really cool jewelery, and lots of delicious, fatty, deep-fried food to enjoy. Also, make sure to catch the juggling show at 2nd and Broadway. It's pretty darn awesome and the two dudes performing are quite good-looking which is a bonus. They do shows every couple of hours or so and it's free!
Liz is touching me.

benji

One girl said she might be moving (they all live in a group of apartment buildings that are owned by five area churches to give med. term housing to people who need it) to a house with stairs. She was excited that her new house might have stairs. That certainly is something that I've taken for granted.

I remember working for a public day camp one summer. One of the kids told me that his mom was rich because she made $300 a week, but that she had to save that money for food, which is why they couldn't take his pet ferret to the vet.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

Dear Grog Thread,

A friend from High School emailed me out of the blue and invited me to the Beerfest in Burlington Vermont.

So it looks like my weekend is saved!

There will be no depressing long weekend alone.

Hurray!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Dear Blog Thread,

Darryl has been lying to us, guys. He actually lives in North Dakota and has vanity plates on his fancy pants car.
Liz is touching me.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

That's actually Liz's license plate. Creeper
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

This is false, as I am a resident of Minnesota and therefore have Minnesota plates on my car.
Liz is touching me.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 82   Go Up