THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 04:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 740637 times)

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Dangit. It is actually my car, I was just projecting.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Saudade

... So afraid to post in here

But i'm avoiding an assignment which is due in on monday, it's a 6 min speech on the wife of bath's tale...

I don't know why I even have to do these speeches, noone else listens... I might just start throwing in some lyrics from Race for the Prize halfway through and see if anyone actually notices... Or gives a damn.

So I'm psyched about We are Scientists coming to Australia but seriously am at the lowest point of my life from getting dumped and having both my guitars break on me (in the space of 2 days) and not enough money to afford even a new acoustic.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

I'm just about to head off to see The Dark Knight but I thought I'd stop in to make this post.

My brother told me today he's started looking for places to move out with his girlfriend to (what an awkward sentence). Since I can't afford to rent this place by myself and since I have no friends that are looking for somewhere to live it looks like I'm going to have to try to find somewhere as well. Hopefully I can find a studio apartment somewhere not too far away because I honestly don't mind the prospect of living by myself, I just need to be able to afford it (and I don't particularly want to move back home.

The main conclusion is that god fucking damnit I may not be able to afford to go to Boston next year. Fuck.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Dear thong red,

I can't intonate my fixed-up guitar with .009 gauge strings. I have to move up to .010s. Damn it! There's $5 wasted.

Last night, when I was playing VTM with my friends, I had to go to the bathroom, and while I was in there I decided to weigh myself. Even though I had clothes on, I was something like 140lbs! I was pretty freakin' pleased! Since today was my day off, I was hoping there'd be hangouts with my friend Austin, but he never got back to me and I called him twice. *shrug*

I am annoyed at my mother and sister for still trying to make me go to college. I don't want to go to college, school means nothing to me. My mother pretty much only wants me to go to college because the State Department will keep paying for my travel to see her until (A) I graduate or (B) I turn 23. Since I don't think there's a school in the world worth my time or money, I'm just going to work days and play music nights. At least then I won't feel like I'm wasting my time, and I still get to see my mother.

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Aww Jimmy, I really liked your apartment too.  Maybe you should advertise for hot bitches to live in your place to share the rent.  Lise wouldn't mind, really.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Damn it, woman, how many times do I have to tell you I can't afford that kind of rent?

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Yet he seems somewhat happy to say it...

Lines

• Awakened

Door Bore True,

I got a new adaptor, yay! I has the internets again, yay!

YAY!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

Yay Linds!

Yay!
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Hurrah! Adaptor!

I got a sexy new phone. The type of phone a woman in her underpants would use, if she text messaged a lot.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

I get really annoyed with things that try to do too much.  I have a phone for phoning, thank you; a [whatever you call an iPod that isn't an iPod] (actually two, 'cos 80G isn't nearly enough) for music; a computer for computing (several, 'cos I'm a nerd, and it's my job to be anyway); a camera for taking photographs; a PDA for - well, I barely use it in fact, but it's got a couple of really good star map programs, and one for telling me the tides.

And a bag to carry them all around in; ah.

Actually, it's partly an age thing, because when your eyes lose their accommodation trying to use all those tiny screens for anything other than their basic function is a real pain.  Too much cool design can actually be disabling to people with poor sight, I reckon; I think there's a living hell ahead for all those cool designers as their eyes age.  Not that my sight is poor, you understand - it's just that I need to carry three pairs of glasses to be able to focus on things at different distances.  Using a small digital camera without a proper viewfinder is beyond a joke for me, but fortunately I prefer a real camera.

But what's annoying me right now is that the U key on this keyboard is sticking, and I need to take it apart to fix it...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Well dogsled, I had an unusual night.

Today I was supposed to have dinner with a very good friend of mine, Rachel, but on the way up to the restaurant she called and said she was painting with a friend of hers and asked me to come over, which I did. I arrived to find out that I had misheard Rachel, she wasn't painting, she was being painted. Her friend was using her as a canvas, and they needed me to man some A/V equipment during the process, which I gladly did, although it took an hour or two to get accustomed to seeing my best friend naked. The artist was pretty fucking amazing though, the only thing that wasn't painted was Rachel's face. She had Rachel lie on her stomach and she painted a portrait of Rachel's head at rest on her back, and that in turn was connected to flowers and portraits of other women and cityscapes that were painted all over her. I was sad that I didn't bring my own camera, because by now the acrylic paint has cracked and peeled off and I would've liked some footage of the artwork that wasn't on a cell phone. It was really stunning work (and it sort of helped that the canvas was the most beautiful person I know) Hopefully Rachel made it last long enough so that she could take a walk through downtown, which was her original intention.

Next time they want to paint me, but I'm not really as attractive as Rachel is, there's a lot more canvas to work with and I don't think I'd be all that comfortable. Some watercolor tattoos or maybe some work on my face (if I get any of those I'm certainly bringing the camera) Rachel wants her next body art to be done in oils but the artist didn't really think that was a good idea. We'll have to see.

So it was a very nice 6 or so hours. I got to witness some incredible artwork being produced and got to hang out and drink and talk with some good (if bohemian) friends. I realize now that I've been underselling my capacity for appreciating artwork, which is probably due to only being exposed to it in cold settings like museums, and not during the time in which it's being wrestled out of someone and put down upon a medium. The process is slow and very deliberate but it's so fascinating. This sort of thing would never have happened to me had I not met Rachel, I hadn't really the opportunity to interact with creative and liberated people before, and it's good for me I think. It's nice to feel comfortable. We made tentative plans to head out together to Chicago round Chicagocon time, and if that pans out I'll likely only be around for the con festivities for a short while, which is for the best I suppose. I'd like to think she deserves more of my time than the Internets does, as nice as most of you guys seem to be.

La la la la lalala la,
KvP
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2008, 02:21 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Dear Doggle mc Dog Alot Thread

I have discovered I have delveloped a forum pet peeve.  This is when the new kids talk about how new they are.  I have never really noticed it until now, but it seems like all of a sudden every new poster is all LOL I AM SO NEW LOL DONT HURT ME FOR SAYING THIS STUPID THING I AM GOING TO SAY ANYWAY BUT IM NEW SO DONT HURT ME LOL.

I find it irritating!  But you know, I'm a cranky old lady so don't listen to me.

Love Jodie
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Actually it's pretty irritating in real life too.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Gemmwah

• fffffffffffffffffff

My friend Kelsey called me yesterday all the way from Tampa just to say to me "Gemm, you are a top of the line asshole."

This is why I love Kelsey.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Barmymoo

• Mentat

Today I had to pack for the holiday-in-a-holiday I´m going on tomorrow (going with the demon child from hell and family to the Baltic for two weeks) and discovered that it is possible to create an entire shelf-ful of rubbish in three weeks.

Also that I have ridiculous quantities of moneys sitting round not being spent. I told my mother I would not need so much money, and now it will just sit in a cupboard all alone until I take it home again. On the flipside I can convert it back and be rich next month.

I might go and see a film in the five hours I have to spend between arriving in Berlin and leaving it. There looks to be a good childrens film just out and hopefully that´ll be easy to understand.

This is possibly the most boring post I have ever made. Sorry about that.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Me: "If you want to come in here, be aware that it is messy and I know it and I will clean it up after the game is done in 15 minutes, so don't be mad!"
Mom: "Fine.."
(She comes in to the living room, where there's a couple of plates and bottles on the table, and some pillows are spread around the couch.)
Mom: "Oh God. You know what? It doesn't feel like this is my home anymore! When it looks like this, I just want to stay away the whole time!"
Me: "Well, I told you it would be messy and not to get mad, and you agreed. It's not even my mess, but I'm the only one home right now, so.."
Mom: "But you knew I was coming home today! I just want to lie down and cry right now."
(She said she'd be coming home some time tonight, this was at 5PM.)
(My dad enters the room.)
Dad: "Well, it's a mess, but she'll clean it up, right?"
Me: "Yes."
(She yells and leaves the room, slamming the door.)

Sometimes I really love my dad. But this cannot be normal behaviour? It drives me insane. Two more weeks!

Lines

• Awakened

Tonight I went to a friend's wedding and a cute boy asked me to dance. :-)

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Whoo! I need that to happen to me. Unfortunately I do not seem to have that kind of luck!
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Linds don't need luck.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Lines

• Awakened

What. I could use more luck with boys.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Ain't that the truth. I don't think I have ever had any luck with dudes, the ones that ask me out on dates are usually kinda creepy.
Liz is touching me.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

This weekend I went to a wedding where I had to dance with a cute boy and he had to hold my arm and do gentlemanly things and it was really sweet. I kind of wanted to take him home but I don't think Matt would have been very impressed.

Anyway guys, the wedding was gorgeous! My darling special Bibz made an absolutely beautiful bride and I'm so proud and it still makes me teary and oh gosh.

I fly home in two days. I am very upset. I have made so many great friends in this time and it's not fair I have to leave them! Booo.

« Last Edit: 21 Jul 2008, 08:01 by Lunchbox »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

So, uh...this is kinda gross but....

I was shaving my legs. While shaving my legs, I always tend to run my hand up them as well. So, one hand running up leg, while the other follows behind, shaving. I only do this while I'm in the bathtub shaving, with my legs up by my chest. I find it easier in this pose because I can just grab my lotion and repeat the hand movements.

Anyway, tonight, I'm shaving along, rubbing my legs. And I guess my left hand was just a bit slower than my right hand this time. I guess that's how it happened. The nail on my middle finger got caught in between the blades on my razor. When I felt the tug, I guess I yanked my hand away from my leg, and the movement, with help from the razor, sort of cut my fingernail in half, as well as peeled a bit of it off.

The nail isn't completely off, but it is bleeding, and doesn't look so great. I put 4 bandages on it, and a bit of tape for added pressure. My finger feels a bit cold though, so I think I am going to take the tape off, as I am pretty sure it's cutting off my circulation. It wasn't bleeding terribly when I put the bandages on, though. Only when you moved the nail.

Should I cut what is left of the nail off? Should I wake someone up and have them take me to the emergency room?(I don't drive. And it's 3am here) Do you think my nail will be fine once it stops bleeding, if I just leave it alone?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Yeah, I've done that sort of thing with a kitchen knife before. Leave the nail on or cut it off, it doesn't really matter (you may want to cut it off if it flaps up and gets in the way), but just keep the band-aids on so that you have a cushion against touching it. Keep it clean and warm (to promote circulation) and it'll heal a charm in a week or two.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Suilad Pennas:

The best thing about these forums is that in the upper left hand corner, your avatar is always there.

Always.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

Not if you click the [-] button underneath, it isn't!

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

I have no idea why I would want to do that.

But that is awesome to know in case I ever have Tommy as an avatar or something.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Lines

• Awakened

Well, you have an avatar of Jodie's bum, so I don't see why you'd want to do it now anyways.

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

Dear Beer Thread,

Beerfest in Burlington Vermont!  Mirco Breweries!

So much awesome beer.  I haven't had the opportunity to drink for about a year.

I drank Stout, ale, lager and other beers that I never even heard of  before.

My personal favorite was a Gruit that had a real herbal/medicinal taste to it.

There was also a beer that had a French name from Quebec that was a rye beer with peppercorn in it. It was called Diablo something it was interesting.

There was cherry wheat beer at that booth that tasted so sweet and mild it was like fruit juice (but beer).

It was a pretty awesome day.

The only problem was the sun. It was so hot and there was not a lot of shade set up.  I was sweating so much I never had to take a restroom break.

Scored a stone coast beer glass from when they were closing up and you get to keep your sample glass.

I wish I had kept a list of the beers I tried out and wrote down some of the names.  I didn't get to the Magic Hat Brewery but they are pretty mainstream in Northern NY.

So yeah.  I am definably going to support microbreweries from now on.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

But that is awesome to know in case I ever have Tommy as an avatar or something.

It truly is a treat that the very first thing I see when I log in is Tommy's lovely face. It makes everything alright.
Liz is touching me.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

Dear Hog Head

Kevin got a new phone yesterday.  Kevin made this post on said new phone.  Kevin also watched Gotham Knight on the new phone for free last night.  Kevin is happy.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!

I've spent the past few days doing little else but watching the complete two most recent seasons of Dr. Who.

Ummm....it was really good, though. Yeah. Bit of swamp-ass, but that's alright.

Oh God, I'm disgusting.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Dear club med,

Today a girl came through drive-thru and said to me, "I wish I still had a dog so you could give him a treat." I asked her, "Oh, I'm really sorry, what happened?" She was like "I just broke up with my boyfriend and the dog is his."

I have told Emilio this, and I will say it again: The only way she could've been less subtle would be to say "I wish I had a dog so you could give me a bone."

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Why did I have to come home

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

I am on holiday!

We are staying at my older brother's retirement cottage on the edge of Dartmoor, where I've not been since going there for rainy night-time exercises in the school CCF (army stuff - YUK) in1964.  Sadly, it's so nice that we can't let the dogs off to run around, as we can't trust them to come back ever.  (And the one that broke a leg three months ago is still on restricted exercise anyway.)

The weather is described as "very warm and sunny" by the BBC, which must be why I just got damp taking the dogs outside for their first walk of the day.
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2008, 00:04 by pwhodges »

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Okay I am actually pretty glad to be home

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Whinefest of the day:

Today at work I almost witnessed a stranger's urology exam. It was hella weird.

I'd just gotten to work (at a hospital), so I hadn't changed into the scrubs yet (I work as a secretary, but still have to wear the scrubs, and frankly, it's awesome because it feels like hanging around in my PJs all day), and one of the people I work with asked me if I could accompany this old lady to the 7th floor, because she had problems walking alone. So, I had to guide her upstairs, while she kept holding on to me and whining about how far it was to walk (elevator, so not that far). Thing is, I've worked there for 11 weeks spread over two summers, and I sit in an office on the first door to the left on the 1st floor, so I pretty much know where that office is, where the cafeteria is and where to get scrubs in the basement. And that's it. I have no idea where anything else is.

Well, we got to the 7th floor, and I asked her where she was going. "I don't know.. An urologist, maybe?". So I asked if she'd ever been there before. "Yes, lots of times. But I don't remember how it looks like."... So, I asked some woman who works at the hospital where we should go, and she went "Well, this is the maternity ward, so I don't think this is the right place." (The woman was like 75.), to which I asked "Well, she thinks she's going to a urology exam, do you know where that is?", and she told us to go down to the 6th floor. At this point, the old lady is becoming a total bitch, whining to me about having her walk too far because I don't know where I'm going. What the fuck? I'm not the one who has been there "lots of times", but doesn't even remember what it looks like.

So we went down to the 6th floor, and I asked some other nurse if we were in the right place. "Hm. She's supposed to register here, but then you have to go up to the 7th floor." Goddamnit. So, she gets registered, and I have to follow her upstairs again, after being told where to go. So we get there, and the old lady is still whining, even more so now because she has to wait for 10 minutes. And I have to wait with her, because she needs help walking the 5m to the examination room (seriously, she walked into the hospital just fine?!). So, after 10 minutes of awkward silence with this old lady, I help her inside, and then the doctor starts talking to her like I'm not even there, and when he tells her to sit down and get ready, I exclaim "Ehm, okay, you don't need me anymore, I'll just go!", and it turns out, the doctor thought I was her granddaughter (due to no scrubs), and he was just going to examine her while I was in the room. Who the hell wants to undergo a urology exam with their granddaughter in the room, and who wants to watch their grandmother have a urology exam?! And for some reason, I wonder if it's even allowed without consent or whatever.

Summarized: This shit is not my job! I'm supposed to listen to case summaries, write them down and hit "Send to writer for approval..", and that's it. I didn't sign up for dealing with bitter old ladies who are mean to people who are just trying to help, even if it isn't their jobs. I'm beginning to lose hope in old people - I haven't met anyone nice in a while.
« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2008, 11:56 by Ladybug »

mat_mantra

Meh, try taking care of guys who just got blown up, shot, and/or missing bits.  Not always the most pleasant people.  I'll take the geriatrics.

'Course, God knows we have enough of them on our ward right now too

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook

Dea Blorg Thread,

I have a friend moving to Boston next week. I will miss him! We are going to dinner tonight, and will have beer and food and it will be a night of fun times.

It is also ridiculous hot here right now (like, when I went to get lunch it was 101 F) and I don't want to go outside because of it. It makes for long, rather depressing days, since I'm not working right now and don't have any reason to force myself outside more often.

Love,

Robbie

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

Dear Blog Thread

A hectic rainy overcast day in the library.

Then we found out that 5 kittens and their mother managed to sneak into the heating/cooling grate and are living in there.  They are really long haired and fluffy.

They also seem pretty feral.  I dunno what is going to happen.  A few people have pledged to adopt some of the kittens if we manage to catch them.

Maybe I will talk to my landlord and find out if I can keep pets.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Okay I am actually pretty glad to be home

Speaking of Newcastle- Yahooing horseman's wild street ride. I found it pretty amusing.  :-)
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

dear Blog Thread,

Fuck.  Where did all the awesome rain go?  Also, I started a diet to help me tone up for next semester.  No Carbs for 2 weeks.  Double Fuck.  Although, my Dad got some awesome sugarless choclate from Belgium.  Really expensive, but man, its like an orgasm or something.  Kevin recomends, 10 out of 10 stars, A++, all that stuff.

Love,
Dehydrated,a nd no-Carbs Kevin
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

Ran into a cute girl at the bar last night, by which I mean I thought I saw her early in the evening and she wound up standing right beside me during the concert. After overcoming initial nervousness related to the couple I was with peacing out for like forty minutes form the pub and leavin' me alone, :x, I tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and laughed, "Oh, fuck, why is it always when I'm wasted?" We had an alright interaction though I was a bit clumsy and awkward.

I think this is good, right?
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker

Dear Blog Thread,

Our new store manager at work is totally hot.

Love Jodie

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Oh Dear Thread,

I saw the Hold Steady the other night! It was rockin and wonderful until the bouncer grabbed me by the neck and threw me backwards. I guess he thought I had something to do with some guy running up on stage like a moron. Then we headed back to another venue for the after party and I went into the band room, because the band room generally has free beer. I am undecided still on whether or not it's a good thing that I basically have the run of the place when I'm there, to be a regular at a bar. The band was Australian! I kept calling them Australasians. I think I mentioned Harry Inlander at one point since... something about Canberra. I think the actual words I used were "one of the nicest beards I have ever seen ever". Anyway, they were pretty terrible. 

I did, however, flirt with an acquaintance while there. He already had a crush on me, and while he is ridiculously cute, he is really annoying. The very next day he'd written on my wall on facebook and talked to me through the im service on there. I guess I'll just see how it goes and maybe he's so annoying is because every time I've seen him he's been absolutely wasted.

I promise I'm not a groupie,
Brittany
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Dear Blog Thread,

In less than 15 minutes, I am going to go have lunch with someone to discuss my art. He is looking for artists to publish.

I am basically nervous as hell, and anxious, and wishing this was over already.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Kaktion

My city was finally on the news! We were famous for one shining day because of horrible, horrible hurricane weather and, for that day, my entire region was united against the fierce winds of Hurricane Dolly! And I wasn't there.

I mean sure, I should be glad that I was at a beach in Sunny San Diego the day my friends were bored out of their minds, shut inside their homes without power and watching trees topple outside their homes and stuff, but I am still kind of disappointed I did not ride the hurricane. Also, my flight's been cancelled three times in the span of a week because of complications caused by Dolly. I have the worst luck.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Run away, it's Hurricane Dolly!! :-D

If only they named it Dextra...

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

Dear You Guys,

i saw A Hawk and a Hacksaw last night and holy shit was it amazing. hands down, the best show i've ever been to. couple of things to address: i did not realize the girl (whatever her name is) was so pretty, and also....the accordion looks really fucking hard to play.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 82   Go Up