THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 740263 times)

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

so i guess this year for marching band one of our pep band songs is 'the final countdown'

fuck yes

also, my brother is playing mario galaxy right now and man i love that game. i don't want to go back to band camp.
it's time to stop posting

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

dear blog thread,

it's hot!  :x

love,
Danny
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Dear Love Bed,

I must make a decision. My friend wants me to visit her, and I have two choices. One is to crash with her in Seattle for a weekend. This will be relatively cheap (I can afford it right now) but she's pretty busy and might not have much time for hanging out, which would be the point of the trip. Also I would have to get everything squared away in a few days time. The other option is to postpone for a semester and fly to Paris, where she will be attending grad school. Thing is I don't even know if I'll have enough money for airfare at that point, much less if I'll have a place to stay, or food to eat. In addition the longer I put this away the less likely it is I'll make it, and also if I go to Paris, I will likely have no money at all to go to Chicago in August. I doubt I could get the parentals to fund anything. Although... Over Winter Break I'll have graduated with an AA and will be in transit to a larger college, and if I were to wrangle a hilariously expensive trip out of my parents at any point that would be a good a time as any.

Decisions, decisions.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

That's great!  Having something potentially lethal sucks - I know, as I had cancer 20 years ago.  Do they want to deal with the cyst somehow, or can they just let it be?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

doctors are pretty universally sketchy no matter where you are, man
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

Token Blog Thread Greeting,

As Est already mentioned I had a gig with my black metal band last night. It went quite well, there were a fair amount of people there and it was heaps fun to play live again, we haven't really done much gigging since our last rhythm guitarist got RSI in his hand and wasn't able to play guitar anymore but Josh, our new guitarist is not only really good but also an awesome dude who is cool to hang out with. He's also a suduko fiend but that's not why we got him. Veering back on topic, it was a battle of the bands kind of deal and given that the band has been together, in various incarnations, for the last six years and given that the other bands were decidedly newer (and terrible) I'm pretty sure we won, which is really great. So thank you to Est and his housemate for coming out and watching us make loud noises.

I also had my first day of my new job today. It's with the same market research firm that I have been working for but in a different division; I'm no longer an interviewer and I get to wear fancy office clothes which means that I'm significantly better dressed than usual. Basically I'm just doing data entry kind of stuff but I also help with checking the data and making sure that no one has made any mistakes. I get a little bit more money per hour and way more hours per week which essentially means that barring any financial catastrophes I shall be coming to Boston in January afterall. Hurrah!
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

I actually saw three dudes doing it

LOL

Sup,

In my anger at being unable to sleep, I forgot to mention that I got paid yesterday (the 5th)! After work, I rode my bike to the bank, checked how much I had (the bank is closer than my house and there's shit to do nearby, so I figured it was worth it), and basically I am a single paycheck away from being able to buy one of these. As any Guitar Topic veteran will tell you, I have been salivating over one of these motherfuckers for years, so I am pumped for my next payday, which is on the 20th.

After that, I'll just have to save a couple more paychecks before I can get a bunch of recording gear, at which point I can just borrow my friend's drum kit in Albania and another friend's bass. Then I can make an album with a "full lineup", and all by myself to boot. I am so excited I could explode!

Love,
Me!
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dear Blog Thread,

Woah, everyone wants me to move in with them.  I am so popular.  Guys, guys, you can ALL cook for me and do my dishes.  And take me to prom.  There is no need to argue.

Speaking of arguing, last night Loxley and I had a giant fight!  All about how much of a mean jerk he is who never pays attention to me or makes me feel importanmt!  he slept on the couch and everything!

Then tonight I got home from work to find the house dark, but on the kitchen counter was a shiney colourful glowing vase with a huge boquet of flowers!  And he had cooked dinner!  And washed up!  he NEVER does things like that!  Maybe he payed attention to what I said after all!  I was all eeee and happy, and now I have flowers.

I don't know if you can read his writing but the card sayd <3 fag.  So touching.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!

There was a bat in our house this morning! I opened the door and after a while it flew out.

That's never happened before. It was rather awesome.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

Can you please draw Vladmir Putin and Tommy as seals making love and send that to her please?

i cannot think of a more appropriate image to tell a stranger everything they need to know about me.
so, yes.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Your metabolism is fucking rad.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

I've shrunk this because while it is great for me to voice my annoyance, I know nobody gives a flying fuck about my girl drama.

Background: I asked a girl for her number. She gave it to me without hesitation, and then suddenly remembered, "Oh, but I have a boyfriend." I informed her that in that case, I couldn't call in good conscience, and I left it at that, thinking it'd be cool, she'd understand, no hard feelings on her part, only slightly dampened spirits on mine.

Fast forward to around 10:15 tonight, when I ran into her at the grocery store while I was doing a semi-late Dew run. She was right in front of me in line, and after a couple seconds of her staring at me expectantly and me refusing to say anything, she said "...remember me?" I told her "Yup, I remember." She was like "Thanks for not calling, that felt great." I replied, "Thanks for giving me your number, and only then telling me you were otherwise occupied. That felt great."

Inappropriate playing of the guilt card will only lead to me being annoyed at you, and I'm immune to the cute card. Fuckin' amateur.

Sam, I am glad that the brain thing isn't cancerous, and only slightly disappointed that it is not another entire brain growing inside your brain.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff

Blog Blog Blog,

I had a job interview today which was nice. I got to do some cool stuff with personalising glitter balloons which was super sweet. I am sad though because this place doesn't allow any visible piercings, or long fingernails. This means I'm gonna have to remove my labret and my nostril piercing, and cut off my beautiful, perfectly squared, tidily manicured nails. :(
I'm also not allowed cool coloured hair, so my blonde layer has to be dyed a normal colour, no pink or blue or purple.

Suckssssssss.
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

This guy is still alive?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7550194.stm

And as for the blog, woo weekend!!!! No more work for two days!!! Time to drink the equivalent of the North Sea in Whisky!

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

Dear Blog thread,

Today another blogger named Sam blogged about a supposed tumor that was actually a small fluid collection in his brain.

Then he wrote that he ate 9 tacos...

...in the same post.

I will NEVER be able to top that blog comment.  EVER.

I hope everything is going to be fine Sam.

Lines

• Awakened

I hate summer.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Caleb

• Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

I really am looking forward to Fall and Winter myself.

It's just too hot and I don't have air conditioning.

Can't walk to work because I would sweat through my shirt and tie.  (though I suppose I could wear one outfit to walk to work and then change there)

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

i am eating a BACON SANDWICH and i am listening to a Quasi album i found after not being able to find any of their older stuff for forEVER and i am skipping stupid band camp while i sit here, eating a bacon sandwich and listening to a FUCKING AWESOME quasi album

life is okay
it's time to stop posting

mooface

today i saw the grossest car ever.  it was a jeep, and hadthis bumper sticker.  THESE were hanging off the back.  and on his windshield he had the word "PUTA'S" plastered across in giant red block letters - like, i'm not even sure how he was able to see the road clearly.

i just truly don't understand people sometimes.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

Oh man, artist pass at Regina Folk Fest.

There will probably be a blog post of the neat stuff that happened but the peak of tonight was when Brendan Canning came into a screening of my friend's silent film and assumed the role of score pianist for the fifteen-minute duration of the movie.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

i am eating a BACON SANDWICH

I am having bacon in all three meals I eat today. Grand.

Jodie, I absolutely pissed myself laughing at the card Loxley wrote you. That is excellent.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Dear guys,

My first-ever morning shift is today. I am pissed, because I have never actually even seen the breakfast menu from my side of the counter. Actually, I am never actually awake early enough to see the breakfast menu in any way, shape or form. I will be speaking to my scheduling manager soon.

The other day, I asked this one girl who always flirts with me if she would buy me an energy drink if I gave her money for it. She did, and when she brought it to me she was like "I opened it and took a sip, sorry." I was like "Oh whatever" and took it anyway. Three days later, now I have a sore throat and a cough. :(

Oh and I bought this. Well, rather, I committed to buying it after clicking 'buy it now' but PayPal are being stupid fucks and so I can't really do anything until we can sort shit out. Oh well, I'm going to have this motherfucking guitar within two weeks, come hell or high water.

Love (and a promise to post way less in this thread),
Me!

tania

• famed sex columnist

I am having bacon in all three meals I eat today.

reminds me of this:

the day i had this epiphany with pancakes i was so happy i might have peed a bit.

Johnny C

• Mentat

Tania, that also reminds me of something. Last night my part-time drummer Eric told me about a friend of his who is obsessed with waffles. This guy's lunchtime routine at school involves him pulling out a Ziploc bag with a waffle in it, pulling out a plate with "place waffle here" written on it, putting the waffle on the plate and eating it. He does this literally every day. Eric said, "The guy eats waffles two meals a day, I'm serious."

Tania, don't eat pancakes twice a day, it can't be good for you.

tania

• famed sex columnist

i don't! but now sometimes i make pancakes for dinner and oh man, it is the best thing ever cos so many people don't realize it is a thing you can actually do.

pancake dinners.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Pancakes for dinner is awesome! And pretty common here. Some people apparently eat them with pea soup, but that sounds all kinds of gross. They're tasty with sugar and bacon, sugar and lemon juice or bluberry jam, but I think Norwegian pancakes might be different from American pancakes. They're definitely less poofy, so I'm guessing the ingredients are different.

ETA: Dear blog thread,

Today I got an entirely newfound appreciation for eyelashes and their ability to make your eye close reflexively. A bumble bee or a bee, or whatever the hell that giant yellow and black creature was, heading straight for your eye will do that.
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2008, 08:59 by Ladybug »

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

the day i had this epiphany with pancakes i was so happy i might have peed a bit.

someone sig quote this please

Lines

• Awakened

Breakfast foods for dinner is always awesome. Also, I want that waffle plate.

Blogginess that no one cares about: I have 3 mosquito bites on my forehead forming a triangle over my left eyebrow. I put on bug repellent, but not on my face, because that's just a bad idea. Stupid bugs. I mowed the lawn and played with the cute, friendly stray on our street and I get bitten. Bah.

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

Dear Blog Thread:

I am sitting in Veags at this very moment.  I am going to go see the Dark Knight on the Giant Imax screen in a few short minutes.  I will then, later tonight, go get smashed with the famous Mr. Nimoy and grab a Klingon woman's ass.  It shall be epic!  Possible pictures to come?
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

sean

• welp

There are few things more awesome than pancake dinner. Then again, I like pancakes. I would now have pancake dinner, but I just had garlic chickens OM NOM NOM.

Anyway, yesterday was such a rad day. I spent it on the bigest of the Aran Islands, Inis Mor. Its this rad little island right off the west coast of Ireland, by Galway. You can bike around it and see all sorts of awesome stuff like nice views. At one part there is a cliff overlooking the atlantic ocean which is super dooperly epicly awesome. I also discovered the best place for climbing on big fat rocks. I love climbing on rocks, so it was like Christmas came early! Then at the end of the day I had tasty fish and chips and got a fancy wool scarf and an awesome old man irish hat (i have no idea what they are actually called, but you know, those old timey hats. like shane has, i think?) Overall it was an excellent day! And randomly at the end, there was a huge fuckin' explosion in the water for no good reason while we were waiting for a ferry to take us home. It was so great.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Lines

• Awakened

Dissy, there had better be a picture of you grabbing someone's ass.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

I finally got my results and I passed AP Language and Composition. Go me.
Hate, rain on me

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

Blogalog:

I'm going to Brno in the morning.  I shall return in five days.  We shall probably visit where Mendel faked (somewhat) the results of his experiments on peas; also the shop my wife's grandmother had before it was forcibly taken from her in the 1930s.

Toodle-oo!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets

Dissy, there had better be a picture of you grabbing someone's ass.

I didn't grab the Klingon woman's ass...  I didn't see her down there till I was leaving.

I did grab the Andorian woman's ass.  The picture does not really show it though, I don't think.  I'll post a few on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Used joke is used.

goddammit what joke, I wasn't joking

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

A second ago while scrolling through a thread I thought khar's postcount was only 1000-something and I did a double take. ha ha ha

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Blog Thread I ate bacon in all three meals yesterday and it was wonderful.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

I had eggs and bacon for breakfast but left the bacon till last. By the time I got to it, the bacon was all cold.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Dovey, and not_robert_boyle (what is your name again?)

http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

It's Tom.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

i don't! but now sometimes i make pancakes for dinner and oh man, it is the best thing ever cos so many people don't realize it is a thing you can actually do.

pancake dinners.

This was the super reward supper our mom would make for us sometimes. Chocolate chip pancakes for supper. With bacon and maple syrup on the side. So goddamn good.

Johnny C

• Mentat

today i saw old man luedecke play music

he sings an entire song about how awesome bacon is as a cure for all emotional and mental ills

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Well, the Melbourne International Film Festival finished today. And I did it! I saw at least one film on every single day of the festival. Okay, it's not very impressive as goals or personal achievements go, but I've been aiming to do it for the last two years only to be prevented by external factors, so I'm pretty happy with my effort. Final tally: 24 films in 16 days.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Dear blog thread,

Holy shit, I haven't been this sick in years. I went to work, and I was like "...fuck this" and asked my manager to send me home, which he did at noon after I'd only worked three hours. I didn't even go home. I went to my friend's house (I didn't have the energy to bike three miles and do a ridiculous uphill to get to my own house) and instantly fell asleep. I didn't wake up until 10pm, at which point I ate, then went back to sleep half an hour later. I only woke up at 10 this morning (it's 11:30 now).

But I got PayPal figured out so that guitar on eBay is mine YUSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Somebody please make me some soup,
Me!

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

You probably don't want a person from the internet to make you soup.
Hate, rain on me

sean

• welp

Hey blog thread, driving through the Burren while listening to the album Panopticon by Isis is just about the best thing ever. I reccomend it to everyone. That album was written for rainy, rocky, mountainous, could landscapes.
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2008, 17:17 by Objects inside Clouds »
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Dear Log Thread,

Today, some friends and I decided to pile into a Jeep and explore some back roads of the New Mexican desert. Along the journey, we discovered that large swaths of desert are boring (we actually already knew this) so we decided to play a game: anytime you say a man-made object on the road, you had to yell out what it was and raise your hand. Last person to raise their hand took off clothing.

So what I'm trying to say is I went exploring the desert with a bunch of my friends naked today.

It was fun.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Here Nog Red!

Today my parents got back from their European vacation, and as tradition dictates, they bought me so many silly hats.

Pics soon, mayhaps?

Dollface

• And i thought there would be breasts.

my cellphones battery has been dead over a week and i havent contacted my friends maybe i should tell them that im all right and im not in some dungeon being whipped by some dominatrix.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist

Pity you weren't, would have been exciting. O imagine!
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 82   Go Up