THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 07:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 740714 times)

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist

Well done ladies! hope you get them, and then send me some good job-getting vibes to me, across the web.
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Lunchy you will rock that and then you will work in a hip restaurant so when I rob a bank and escape to australia you can serve me snazzy food.

Re: Gay
People object to it being used as a general all-purpose 'bad' term like stupid or dumb because of the negative connotations it the implies about the term gay and consequently, being gay.
The point is, if you use gay like that it kind of suggests you think of being gay as being a bad thing. I know this is most often not the case, but if you think about the shit gays have had to deal with for the past however long, maybe you'll reconsider using to mean bad things.

Also, having a gay friend who says 'gaaayyy' does not negate the arguments against it.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Dear blog thread,

I just realized I think of crushes the way people talk about relationships. "Good, lasted for x months", "still not completely over it, left me moping for ages" etc etc.

Fuuuuuuuck.

Man I was there for a while, then I realized people sometimes wanted to bone me and then some stuff happened and people were interested in me and now I can't reconcile the fact that people like me with the fact that I don't like myself and consequently I am wait where am I going with this?

I guess maybe you will find people when you leave where you are and then you will hopefully not be as weird as me?

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Man taste the wine it is not what you thought it would be.

I guess after a while you get a taste for it though.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Dear Blog Thread,

My dad is a cool dude. I never really considered him to be such. In fact, growing up, I've always considered him a dork.

But I am a dork. And dorks are awesome. My dad has a gamerscore of over 10000 across 150+ games. He regularly reads gaming blogs and other assorted nerdery. He listens to Feist and Regina Spektor. I actually like my dad.

Also, his boss(a middle-aged Jewish dude) is cool too. I was stuck at my dad's work for an hour or so and he boss showed up, so I chatted with him for a little bit. Then he went to his office. His office with XKCD and Overcompensating on the door. It was rad.

Basically, what I am saying is that I know some decent middle-aged dudes. It's awesome.

Thank you.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

I think every college and university in the English-speaking world has nerdy comics on the office doors. I know the Physics and Maths buildings at Newcastle do. There's XKCD everywhere!

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

My girlfriend asked me about XKCD after she read about it in the newspaper.* If something is being mentioned in the newspaper, it is not some secret thing barely anyone knows about.

*She figured I would know about it because it is super nerdy, and I am super nerdy. Her reasoning was impeccable.
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2008, 20:01 by jhocking »

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

I just got another job interview for this afternoon but it is in Sydney and I am not in Sydney yet and I can't make it dammit

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

XKCD was not so terribly surprising.

Overcompensating was.

(The dude isn't a professor, he works at a newspaper)
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

I just got another job interview for this afternoon but it is in Sydney and I am not in Sydney yet and I can't make it dammit

Ask them if you would be able to schedule the interview for Monday. Explain that you aren't in the area yet. Obviously they may not be able to wait, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

Hey Jho! I'm going for the interview on Monday instead! Hooray!

Man so I put in about 23 different applications last night and 12 hours later I already have two interviews. I need to get myself organised and figure out what the fuck I am going to do to get to Sydney.

SonofZ3

• The German Chancellory building

I graduated college In May, and only two months later I landed a job in the agency I was gunning for. On top of that, they're paying my tuition to go back to school in the fall for 32 more credits and I'll still be getting my hourly pay while at school. I'm pretty happy.

On the down side the town I live in now is just about as backwoods redneck conservative as Pennsylvania gets. I'll be lucky to find someone who has read "The Old Man and the Sea", let alone any Tolstoy. My prospects of discussing Russian film or philosophy are equally as dim, so thats the downside to the whole thing.
I've gained nothing from Zen.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

I just ate an entire packet of bacon.

Oh also I now have three interviews on Monday.
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2008, 22:58 by Lunchbox »

Jenocide

Dear blog thread,

codenamejenocide.blogspot.com

That is all

XD

jk

I am feeling the "I can't let go" feeling. It's sad and makes me heart ache when it shouldn't. *sighs*

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

I just ate an entire packet of bacon.

o/
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling

\o

God I am being a postwhore today.

ellemnop

gaaaaaay

Gay is not when you still like your ex. Gay a word to describe happiness, or a sexual attraction to somebody of the same sex. If you are going to use that word, please use it properly. Thank you!

yeah i just stated i still cared and suggested sexually attracted... whoever said they werent the same sex?

waterloosunset

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia

Dear Blog thread,

I got my A levels today. Didn't get the grades I wanted, but still met my uni offer!! Woop! Sheffield, here I come!!!!

(anyone here in South Yorkshire?)

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

God I am being a postwhore today.
Sorry Lunchy I totally have you licked.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

No James, you are just a whore. I hate to be the one to break it to you.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

guys,

my roommate just knocked on my door a few minutes ago. i was expecting her to have something to complain about, but instead she...offered me....clothes. lots of clothes.  not disgusting hand me downs, decent, wearable clothes.
ANNA IS CONFUSED BY THIS.
do i keep them or thank her for the offer and give them back?
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

ellemnop

if they are your style and you want them - keep them for sure! if you give them back she may just give them to someone else

Eli

• Obscure cultural reference
  • Crayon teeth draw blood.

I guess it'd depend on the intent behind giving you the clothes and if you want them.

I've been coughing so much and so hard that my abdomen hurts. This has been going on for the past 3 days. I have no other symptoms. My boyfriend wanted me to go to the doctor, but I declined and he and his mom left for the dentist. I go and lay down and notice I wheeze when I breath deeply. Ugh.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES

Keep them.  She's trying to be nice, so be nice back.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

I guess it'd depend on the intent behind giving you the clothes and if you want them.

see, if i knew her a little better i'd understand what her intent is.
and it's a bit too late to get further acquainted, as both of us are moving out in three days.

shrug. i think i will keep the stuff that is similar to what i'd normally buy for myself.
thanks internet.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Guess what day it is, motherfuckers.

Motherfucking Scotch Egg day, motherfuckers.

Yeah.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Guess what day it is, motherfuckers.

Motherfucking Scotch Egg day, motherfuckers.

Yeah.

What... As in you're going to see Scotch Egg play?

'Cause that would be pretty good.

Also, I've just been at a talk given by a visiting Finnish scientist, on the topic of antibiotic resistance and government response and policy.

I hate to say it, but... we're all fucked.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

Hey Jho! I'm going for the interview on Monday instead! Hooray!

See, they are reasonable people.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook

Guys, there is a huge freaking thunderstorm right now and it is awesome. These are my favorite.

tania

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • famed sex columnist

The Wire is like crack. I should never have started watching it.

as per recommendation from everybody, ever, all five seasons are now downloaded and waiting for me after i finish my last final tomorrow. oh god what am i getting myself into
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine

You may, like myself and my friends starting randomly talking like a 'West Baltimore Project Nigga' from time to time. It's sooo satisfying.
the rest is dross.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine

Eh? I reckon it's a lot grittier and more realistic than any other show. Certianly better than 24. 24 always struck me as a little overblown.
the rest is dross.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation

Season One is so, so good.

It doesn't quite have the gritty realism of 24 but I guess it's the second best expose of crime-fighting in America.

If I didn't know you were joking here I would spend the next two weeks trying to figure out a way to punch you through the Internet.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine

Fuck off man, that's lies! I've counted, there's only like, seven.
the rest is dross.

Jenocide

*laughs* just because you sleep during the other 17 hours doesn't mean there isn't 24 hours in a day *laughs*

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

There are 40 metric hours in a day.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

No way man, 24 was painstakingly realistic.

There really are 24 hours in the day, they didn't just make that up.

Also, my life is constantly in split-screen and I never have to take a dump.

I don't know how the rest of you are livin', though.

tania

• famed sex columnist

for some unknown reason, me and tommy watched an entire season of 24 while he was here and it was the one where jack bauer and gang are trying to prevent terrorists from releasing a weaponized virus,  but instead of doing their jobs everybody fucks off and argues with each other, and jack's daughter works for ctu even though she is a teenager, and at one point someone brings, like... a baby into ctu.
and the worst part was that it wasn't like this was an accident. i mean, the reason we could watch this in the first place was because at one point in my life i had paid for 24 on dvd. i bought it and brought it into my home. so i could watch it again and again. it's like a disease so horrible that when you finally recover you can never look back.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I'm well pissed off. My rather new (4-5 month old) monitor has birthed 20-30 dead pixels overnight. It's quite an eyesore.

Fuck. Inconveniences.

The two batches of dead pixels seem to be identical, pattern-wise. I don't know what to make of this. But it angries up my blood.

On the plus side, I snagged a demo disc for the first time in years today (I used to be all about nicking PC demo discs from the local supermarket. I've still got my hard copy of the Starcraft demo) but this one, being a shiny DVD, contains the entirety of Sid Meier's Colonization. Fucking Sid Meier's Colonization. Fucking awesome.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2008, 02:24 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

I've decided I'm going to use Palestine by Joe Sacco in my English assignment and I'm downloading the torrent at this very moment because: 1) I don't have a copy, 2)the local library and my school library don't have it at the moment and 3) It's been at least two years since I've read it and barely remember a lot of key things.

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn

I'm well pissed off. My rather new (4-5 month old) monitor has birthed 20-30 dead pixels overnight. It's quite an eyesore.

Fuck. Inconveniences.

The two batches of dead pixels seem to be identical, pattern-wise. I don't know what to make of this. But it angries up my blood.

On the plus side, I snagged a demo disc for the first time in years today (I used to be all about nicking PC demo discs from the local supermarket. I've still got my hard copy of the Starcraft demo) but this one, being a shiny DVD, contains the entirety of Sid Meier's Colonization. Fucking Sid Meier's Colonization. Fucking awesome.

Is that a screenshot?

I think it might be that your video card is dying, otherwise you wouldn't see the dead pixels in a screenshot.

Unless you drew them on afterwards?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Hmm, you're right. I'll double check and hook up the monitor to another computer.

Well, if replacement ends up the name of the game it's upgrade time I suppose. Easier than getting a new monitor.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Lines

• Awakened

Guys, I love playing games and everything, but hell, Red Rover does not get easier the older you get. It's more fun, yes, because blocks are more interesting, but dammit, it fucking hurts. I have a big ass bruise on my right arm because three large guys decided I'm a weak blocker. (Oh, but were they wrong.) So fun, but owwwwwwww.

Also, allergies can ROT IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY. I have outside things to do! I can't do them while sneezing every 10 seconds!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dear blog thread,

CANINE EROTIC DANCING!

Love Jodie
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

tania

• famed sex columnist

summer school finals are done! summer job is done! for the next two weeks i am going to watch the wire and eat cheesy bread and become morbidly obese!

yaaaaaaaaay!

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine

And all of Canada quakes in its boots.
the rest is dross.

tania

• famed sex columnist

yaaaaaaaaaay!

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine

How fat are you going to get this time tania? You've really pushed yourself in the past. How far are you willing to go?
the rest is dross.

nobo

• Bling blang blong blung

I turned 24 today!  :-)

and i had to work  :|
hungover  :-(
Well yes but (sorry andy) she doesn't look half as fucking bad ass as this motherfucker in Poland.

Dude is hardcore.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit

Man I am glad I am fleeing the province.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 82   Go Up