THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 00:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 755029 times)

Leinad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

I got a job for the first time since March! go me! So now I can take 18 units a semester and work 40 hours! coool. It's at starbucks, though, so it should be fun. I like working with people.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Shear Dog Dead:

ASDFJKL' COLLEGE BEGINS TOMORROW
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Dear blog thread,

I had a customer last night who has made a habit of coming in, ordering his food, and then going behind the counter to get condiments. We have told him on many occasions over the last few months that he is trespassing and breaking the law, and last night he decided he'd fucking BLOW UP at the skinny kid who has told him something like 30 fucking times in the last month not to do it (that skinny kid being me). He went so far as to poke his finger into my chest, and that is crossing some serious motherfucking moral boundaries.

The man has a severe God complex though, he is CLEARLY fucking psychotic, and I have no earthly idea what he is mentally and physically capable of. I am so afraid of him resorting to physical violence (his body language was anything but non-threatening) that I've even asked my karate-teaching friend to teach me some hand-to-hand defensive skills, and he is very kindly doing so.

I am seriously afraid for my life every time this guy comes in, but I swear to god we're having the cops slap some cuffs on him if he pulls that shit one more fucking time.

Stressed out,
Me
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Patrick, that's terrible. Your supervisor/manager/whatever should have asked him to leave right away the second he touched you. You should not have to put up with that. :(
Ho, ho, ho!

Lines

• Awakened

Holy crap, man. I hope he doesn't come back.

Doo Boo Troo,

I am spending the day on a lake in southern Indiana with a bunch of friends. There will be sun, jet ski, swimming, games, fun, and hopefully not too many bug bites and no allergies. If my allergies act up like they did yesterday, I will kill them.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!

We are fucked so bad no matter what we do! If it's not global fucking warming then it's antibiotic-resistant viruses or nuclear war or fucking meteorites or the sun burning out or fuck you all I don't want to live in fear of dying at any given moment

Yes but the thing about antibiotic resistant viruses is that we can actually prove they exist and that this is happening. For instance, in Africa, it is believed that AIDS patients who for whatever reason abuse their drug regimen (can't finish it because of money, don't finish it because they don't care, don't finish because they don't think they need to, whatever) are the primary cause of the drug resistant tuberculosis and malaria strains that have arisen. See, I know (and lots of people know) that one can immunise oneself against certain things: you can ingest little bits of poison ivy or dog hair or whatever in increasing quantities over time to subdue a natural allergic reaction to it; you can expose yourself regularly to things like the influenza virus to gain immunity. The problem with these bacteria is that the only thing that kills all bacteria everywhere ever is bleach. You cannot give yourself a tolerance for bleach, because it will kill you. Thus, after a certain point, no one will be able to use antibiotics at all, because they won't be effective anymore.

I am not a fan of antibiotics very much because of this. I mean, I have taken them, like for when I was ill a few months ago I took penicillin to shake what had been a viral bronchitis that evolved into a bacterial bronchitis that set in after my immune system took too long to get rid of the virus, because my doctor wanted to make sure it didn't turn into walking pneumonia. But it bothers me a lot when people take antibiotics for things like acne (I was prescribed Doxicycline once for this very reason, so I know it happens), or like when my older sister was prescribed some for something suspiciously resembling a sinus infection (which you don't need anything but pain-killers and antihistamines for) AND she still has some of the pills left, because she kind of stopped taking them I guess? That is precisely what leads to the rise in drug-resistant organisms, though. I had a good long talk with her because she didn't really get it, and she ended up getting angry and blowing me off (because I am "such a know-it-all" and she "can never win any argument against [me]"), but someone really needs to have a talk with her doctor or something.

Moral: If you actually need antibiotics, please don't hesitate to take them. If you are taking them for some reason that is less than potentially life-threatening, please consider stopping. And whatever you do, finish the prescription! Even if you haven't been ill in six months and your doctor said to take antibiotics for seven, DO IT.

By the way, if anyone wants a biological explanation of why this happens, I can give it to you.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Working in a mall isn't that bad, really. Retail as a job is generally pretty blah, no matter where it's at, but I work in a mall (two different stores) and I prefer it to Target, where I worked a couple years ago. Plus, I get an employee discount at all the places in the food court and lots of stores will send out coupons to the other stores for mall employees to get a discount when they're having a sale.

Also there is a bus that goes right by my apartment that stops at the mall, so I don't even have to drive to work.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dear Blog Thread,

I went out last night! Like, to pub/clubs!  And I danced!  And I had a good time!  And stayed out until 2am!

I am not sure how I actually had a good time because I hated everything though.  the music, the wankers, the whores, the cold, the fucking strobe lights.

But the point is, I had fun!  And will do it again with some form of regularity, in the effort to have some kind of life and social interaction!  Hoorah!

Love Jodie
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist

Dear Blog Thread,

Here I am, stuck at work again, night porter at a shitty hotel, dealing with Daily Meal reading tossers by evening, and drunken Stag twats by night and early morning. However i have only the rest of tonight and tomorrow night left and then I'm done! and tomorrow morning, i am going to my friend eli's house where I shall take some drugs and make a collage. We shall do science experiments and make a cornflour bath. we shall also blow some shit up!

It shall be good fun.

Pete
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Dear blog thread,

Tonight a guy (previously mentioned, in case anyone actually read it) basically told me that I was one of very few reasons he was moving here in less than a week. This scares the crap out of me. Seriously. We've talked online for maybe 4-5 years, and via text message for like..2? 3? Don't know. Anyways, he is moving here with a friend, and I guess this means we should meet. Which would be nice, maybe, because he is a good friend. But he keeps saying this stuff that makes me sceptical and freak out a tiny little bit. I just want a friend! I do not think I like him as anything more, because while we are similiar in terms of personality, we are very different in terms of interests and well, life in general - which he doesn't seem to get? But I don't know what he expects, I don't know what he thinks I expect and I don't know how this works. I'm not used to issues like this! And I think I may be incapable of talking about this kind of stuff in real life. And I don't want to voice my concerns to him, in case I'm just overthinking and overestimating stuff (but in a way, I don't think I am). I feel stupid and just want to stop this entire thing, maybe.

In short: You do not move (among other reasons) because of someone you've never even talked to for real, especially without telling them that they are a major reason until 3 days before you get there! It's like..hey, no pressure! If we don't hit it off, I only..moved 140 miles!

So basically, it is 3AM, I've dogded his last text messages (and will tell him tomorrow that I fell asleep), but I cannot for the life of me shove this stuff aside so that I can get some sleep.

Also, suddenly everyone is talking about The Wire! I've been recommended it for like a year, maybe, by someone, but now all of a sudden it's everywhere! I may have to actually check it out. After rewatching the good seasons of Gilmore Girls.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine

Oooh ANGST! I love it.
the rest is dross.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

I dislike it! It's totally unlike me, and it feels stupid to worry about shit like this or even being in the situation. How do you learn to deal with stupid stuff like this when you've been somewhat antisocial and awkward for most of your life post-15? Not managing to fall asleep because of a silly text message? Unheard of!

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Patrick, that's terrible. Your supervisor/manager/whatever should have asked him to leave right away the second he touched you. You should not have to put up with that. :(

Eh, it's cool. The guy made a hell of an exit that night (he was one of the last customers I had before I finished my shift), and Olive invited him to not come back.

So basically if he comes back and he touches me in a hostile way again I get to (A) break his elbow and (B) call the cops on his bitch ass for trespassing and harrassment.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

morca007

Hey dudes Californication is a really good show you should watch it.

Also I think I am not going to go to school this term/year?

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

Guys I just came home from a 3 week vacation to discover at least yellow jackets are sneaking into my bathroom, as I have discovered like 5 dead ones and two alive ones. I really hope it is not infested and that they are just sneaking in.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Scrambled Egg Machine

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Of course you realize this means war.

So I have finally gotten a handle on what I want to do after high school. This is my senior year about to start.( 1 week left, I can't believe it) I want to go to Texas A&M and be in the Corps of Cadets to get into the Army as an officer and work at USAMRIID in Fort Detrick, Maryland. Biotech major etc. I apply soon and the SAT's are in October. Wish me luck!
Not so sure about these things anymore.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

Gangfuck, n.

In hospitality, the term gangfuck refers to any shift where an unexpected number of customers appear out of thin air for no reason while the facility being gangfucked is is understaffed to deal with the influ of customers. Due to Murphy's law, the gangfuck is typically found moments before the decision is made to close. At the moment when the manager is about to call it a day, a hundred customers will pile into the bar equipped to handle less than 30 during the quiet Monday shift and demand jagerbombs and vodka redbulls, and intricate cocktails. To complain about a gangfuck is futile, the only workable approach is to treat it like an unstoppable force of nature and embrace it. Like the reed, you must bend to the turbulent wind. The Gangfuckers, despite being rowdy and obnoxious, will be typically good natured at heart, although the sheer volume of alcohol consumed will fray relationships between the gangfuckers and the gangfucked. However, at the end of the night, when the shift is finally over, fond goodbyes will be bidden. Typical gangfuckers include: Pub Crawls, Med Students, and hoards of business executives in town for a conference they have just been released from.

Basically tonight I got gangfucked. The best part about it is that the same hundred people will be back again tomorrow and have booked a function for Wednesday. The girl I was with tonight has the next two days off so that my coworkers on tuesday and wednesday evenings will be taken completely by surprise.
« Last Edit: 18 Aug 2008, 09:59 by Hat »
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Thaes

• Furry furrier

Dear Bloggy,

tomorrow it will be my first day on my new job (or rather, a quick training session), which I shall try and do while studying in the University (which willl begin on the 1st of September). This fabulous new job of mine consists of bringing verbal joy to countless of people in Finland, and it is called... telemarketing!

Scrambled Egg Machine

USAMRIID is the United States Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases. I will be making antidotes to some really nasty germs manufactured by the Russians or Chinese. Unless I get forced into frontline service. Totally defensive, because Reagan said so. So i wont be killing anything other than the occasional test rat or cell culture. I'm doing my part in a non-violent way.

Scrambled Egg Machine

Thanks, mate. What kind of community service, anyway?

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Will the community service last longer than the military service? I know it does in Germany.

öde

Good luck with that SWM! I heard someone from my school was going into something like that. Apparently he'd be working in a bunker miles underground that'd have to be shut off if anything they were working on escaped. Heavy shit!

Lines

• Awakened

Who voluntarily cancels their home internet? (My mother, for one.) And why am I not told till the day or two before it goes off? WHYYYY?

Also, I hope I get the job I'm interviewing for. I need a new phone and now a new phone plan/bundle. ASKJUGFMLDCHFD.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Linds, that is terrible. Keep your old number, mkay? You need to carpool with me & Cerny & maybe Adam to Boston in Jan.
Ho, ho, ho!

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

@Anyways, I had a friend who did the military service in Norway. He spent his time on the base babysitting at parties for people who rented out the base for afore mentioned parties.

He never saw combat, but did do training. I'm not sure how it worked out, but I gathered that they didn't send you out to fight for that one year. Rather kept you on a base. (I could have grasped it wrongly though)

On the other hand, the military was something for him (in a lots of exercise kind of way, not in a fighting kind of way) I think he's really happy he went through it.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Leinad

Well at least there is one sensible person on these forums. Here we are all spilling our guts, and you are just like "I have real people to talk to."

*sniff*

I see how it is.

tommydski

I have something I kind of want to post, but every time I do I think "why the fuck am I posting this on the internet?" and I delete it. I guess I'm not very good at this whole blog thing.

Thanks for posting!

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Dear Mr Bloggletron,

I am lonely!  Loxley will be at uni AGAIN until about 2am and it is just me, the kitty and the internet.

I need friends.  I actually wish I was at work right now :(

Love Jodie
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

...At least you have a kitty.

P.S; In the interest of disclosure I'd like to mention I am blogging from the bath

And by disclosure I mean exhibitionism

I'm naked
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

tania

• famed sex columnist

i am trying to pick my courses for next year but a whole bunch of the ones i need to take overlap with each other and are scheduled at the same time, which is retarded, because they are all pretty much required for my program, and now i've narrowed it down to these five courses which because of scheduling conflicts are the ONLY courses i can take this semester except two of them are somehow full already which means i now need to email the professors and ask them very sweetly if they will let me into these courses, and if they don't that will completely fuck up my shit and result in me taking an entire extra year of school just to get these two credits. and these professors are retarded when it comes to getting back to people so now all i can do is wait and keep checking my email. arrgh damnit
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

Lines

• Awakened

Linds, that is terrible. Keep your old number, mkay? You need to carpool with me & Cerny & maybe Adam to Boston in Jan.

I will definitely keep my number. And if I don't have the internet at home, I'll just hang around coffee shops, etc. with wireless a lot more than usual. And I will so carpool with you guys.

Sythe

• ><DICK>

Dear Blogotron,

I leave for a few months and for some reason I come back to find the proud and noble "Get a Blog" emblem retired.
What the fuck?
Quote from: Edith
Edith.: i like balls, and they are squishy

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker

Will the community service last longer than the military service? I know it does in Germany.

Not anymore! Both are 9 months now.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

P.S; In the interest of disclosure I'd like to mention I am blogging from the bath

WHAT THE FUCK, PEOPLE?!
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

And by disclosure I mean exhibitionism

I'm naked

Why, hello there.
Liz is touching me.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine

Dearest Bloggily-Bloggy-Blog Blog-Blog-Blog,

I am writing a lot at the moment, although I should really be looking for a job. My partner and I are coming up with so many ideas for our comedy show that it's making my head want to explode. We're still not sure what to call it, but may settle on 'Bicycle Day' although our company will be called 'The Pink Bear Club'. I am very excited about this whole escapade and makes me think that maybe one day I could make enough money out of this lark not to have to work a shitty day job.

In other news, I've started seeing a woman ten years my senior and I am completely smitten. It's all a bit intense really. She ended a 5 year relationship with her partner last week. We seem to have fallen a little bit in love. We even talked about it last night, as I don't want to be rebound and get hurt. We were both quite amazed to discover we both feel exactly the same way about each other. There's a good chance this will last. However why is it that if you have a week or two off drinking and then you have more than 2 beers you automatically start to over-analyze and pick apart the really good shit that's happening in your life? why can't you over-analyze and pick apart the stuff you need to, like...you know...the fact I have no money and a growing drug addiction.

Much love BANG BANG

p
the rest is dross.

öde

When I get a shitty day job I will see your show sometime! Good luck!

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine

When will I, will I be faaa-mouss!?
the rest is dross.

sean

• welp

'Bicycle Day'

This is an excellent name for a comedy show.
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine

It has kind of gotten very strange the more of it we've written. Wthe closest thing to it I can think of is perhaps Big Train. Some of it is more strange than hilarious but we want it to be a full experience.
the rest is dross.

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog

Blog Thread,

I went to a local vegetable stand where they sell fresh corn and I found the ugliest hairiest little peaches I have ever seen.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/Dreamcastguy/PANA0101-1.jpg

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u330/Dreamcastguy/PANA0100-1.jpg

These are the best tasting peaches ever.   Ever.

I really am going to start supporting local produce now that I am in an more rural area.  It's all pretty cheap and good.

(and yeah I was unsure if I should embed the pictures because this is not the picture thread.  But I can't embed the pictures there because you have to be in the picture)

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES

Fresh produce from local vegatable stands is great.  You're getting it a few days fresher than the supermarkets, but beware!  It hasn't been sprayed with all the stuff they put on supermarket produce, either.  This is good, but it won't last as long, even in your refrigerator.  It's really easy to buy a ton of good fruits and veggies because it's such a great deal, but if you only eat half of it before it goes bad, it wasn't quite the deal you thought.  Buy smaller quantities, more often. 
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

tania

• famed sex columnist

that and supermarket food is grown to withstand long journeys across the country, whereas local vegetable stand food is grown to be delicious and eaten instantly.
Not to sound mysoginist, but I hate women.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Real men grow their own food and live off the land. Even if it means slaughtering your adorable hogs.

Anyway, my 22nd birthday is coming up in a week and it's been a good year. Lots of personal growth (in that I went from paunchy to tube-shaped!) and I seem to have cultivated a circle of friends in the locality, and they are taking me out for my day. Is the fact that they are all lesbian women (as opposed to all those other kinds) meaningful in some way? Maybe. Maybe I'm living in a mirror world, where instead of the unattractive girl being best friends with the gay boy, I'm the unattractive boy being best friends with the gay girl.

Also I wanted badly to start up a workout routine with running and lifting and all that jazz but I'm working 10 1/2 hour shifts now in which I haul around computers a lot, and it's hurting up my back and legs something fierce. And I'm too tired to enjoy anything when I get home!

tl;dr gay people are so much better than straight people.
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2008, 16:04 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation

I disagree! I think gay people are functionally equivalent to straight people in that there are good ones and bad ones just like any other type of people! Crazy concept, I know.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby

Just like Ethnics
Hate, rain on me

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

you tell em, ptommydski.

I wanted to make some sort of pun on "Ptolemy", but it just wasn't working out.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

I ptwill... I ptlan to...

Fuck

Ptolemmydski?

Ptolemommydski?
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2008, 16:58 by KvP »
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker

I ptwill... I ptlan to...

Fuck

Ptolemmydski?

Ptolemommydski?

He'll be at the center of your universe, baby.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

He'll be at the center of your universe, baby.

I laughed. So hard. At this. I need to sig quote it.
Liz is touching me.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 82   Go Up