THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 07:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 740135 times)

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

dear blog thread,

i am awake at 9ish (which is quite rare for me) after a somewhat long night of drinking with the new boy. (who is pretty sweet)  i mean i don't think calling him mine is the right thing to do because we are not dating, more like friends with benefits.  also i am just not that possessive even when i am in an actual relationship.  not that i am looking for one or anything. i would just be happy to have someone for more or less regular makeouts because i am not entirely cool with promiscuity. and he seems like a sane and emotionally stable person that will not end up flipping out at me if i don't want a future with him (even though i might someday), so that is a plus.

also do any of you know anything about hacking?
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Dollface

• Bling blang blong blung
  • And i thought there would be breasts.

dear blog

Back is killing me if it had hand it would stab my balls, those sofa-bed are heavy.
Barfy: he needs to get on the sucking of some dick

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest

also do any of you know anything about hacking?

What I know is that most people use the term wrong.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Dear throg bed,

Yesterday I had my last exam this semester, which means I have no uni-related stuff until January! I was supposed to go out with some people from my class and celebrate last night, but about half of us were dead tired and went home instead... When I got home I realized the results from my first exam was probably ready, so I checked with the internets and was pleasantly surprized when I found a B. I mean, I thought the exam went pretty shitty, to the extent that I could not bare to re-read my assignment after the exam (this is something I always do) out of sheer embarrassment. I thought I might get a C if I was lucky, so the B made me really happy! Today I'm doing nothing, which is exactly what I want to do and what I'm probably going to do for the next couple of months (except for Christmas and work related stuff, but I'll take it as it comes). Life is excellent, people!

Love,
Kris
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

Congrats on the B and Christmas holiday! I, on the other hand, haven't even started my exams yet, but they've already been stressing me out since, well, August. I have six 4 hour exams during the course of 16 days, and I'm pretty sure at least three of them will go extremely bad :/

But! Today I got a surprise package in the mail, from my mom. I suspected it might be some clothes or something that I'd forgotten at home, but nope! Advent calendar! When I moved out two years ago, I figured I wouldn't get one anymore, which was okay, but kinda sad. But my dad visisted, and brought one with him, but said that would be the last year. Then, last year when I got home around December 20th, I had 24 little gifts waiting for me. "This will be the last year", they said. Apparently not!

Sometimes it feels really good to be a bit childish. An advent calendar is really more awesome than childish, but certain people seem to lean towards the latter.
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2008, 08:41 by Ladybug »

Metope

Thanks, Mari!

... And six 4 hour exams in 16 days? Wow, that sounds awful! I only had three 4 hours exams, with the first one on the 4th November and the last one yesterday. Good luck on all of your exams (and I hope you don't collapse and die, which I'm pretty sure would happen to me if I was in your position)!

Aww, advent calendars! This is my first year away from home, so I hope my mom is as nice as yours. She always used to say that moving out would be the end of getting one, but I really hope she forgot she ever said that.

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Why don't you buy your own advent calendar?

Metope

It is not the same thing! Mom buys a little present for each day and wraps it up, and they hang from a little papier-mache hot air balloon with tiny santas in it. Every bought advent calendar are some lame and sad compared to it.

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Buying your own little gifts and wrapping them up would be like filling your own stocking. Laaaaaame. And sad.
Ho, ho, ho!

SonofZ3

• The German Chancellory building

Buying your own little gifts and wrapping them up would be like filling your own stocking. Laaaaaame. And sad.

The hell it is, I've gotten the same thing for my birthday for the last three years: a bottle of Tanqueray with some ribbon around the bottle that I put there. When you get yourself a present you know its exactly what you want.
I've gained nothing from Zen.

Metope

Haha, I was thinking of chocolate advent calendars and such, but that is even sadder and lamer.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé

I may not collapse and die, but I'm pretty sure I will fail some of them. But it is all my fault, really, for failing a previous one and also deciding to retake a class this year, to improve my grade so that I can be a student assistant in it next fall and earn some much needed money. And the limited amount of studying I have done this semester could also be blamed, I guess. The fall semester is way too short :/ I guess I'm glad that we finish with all exams before Christmas, but it also kind of sucks that it is so much shorter than the spring semester.

And yes, making your own advent calendar (or a chocolate one, I guess) is definitely not the same! First of all, I couldn't afford it, but even if I could, it wouldn't be as exciting and fun and Christmassy. Part of the fun of an advent calendar is thinking back to when I was a kid and the advent time was all about being excited for Christmas, making ugly homemade gifts and baking and all that stuff, instead of worrying about exams. And it wouldn't be as fun if I knew what was in all the packages, and it's nice to get a little surprise every day, ranging from a box of mints to more expensive things. I am trying to figure out a way to hang it in my dorm room, but it's proving to be difficult. She didn't send the actual calendar-thing, because it is broken, so now I have to find a way to hang 20 gifts on the wall, in a room where I'm not allowed to make holes in the walls. Hm.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Assassin's Creed

Glad you're only paying $10 for it, man. The game is really fun for a while, but it's nearly impossible to steel yourself into pushing through the repetitiveness until the bitter end.

Dear blog thread,

I met some cool people tonight at my friend's Thanksgiving dinner. There's some really cool new people in the Peace Corps here.

Love,
Me
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Barmymoo

• Mentat

This week has been SUPERWORKINGWEEK and I am feeling gooood. I am going to pass my exams! I am going to get into super universities! I am not going to be trapped here for the rest of my life!

I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to sustain my present level of work, plus my job, plus hockey, plus my film project, plus editing the student newsletter, without sacrificing sleep and food, but nevertheless it is working at the moment even though I feel like I'm skating on extremely thin ice.

A slight downside is that something is definitely wrong with my knee. When I'm running or when I vault over the wall to get to the bus (whcih I do on a regular basis because I am always too late to walk all the way round) it sort of gives way underneath me and hurts like holy shit, for about ten seconds, and then feels all wobbly. At some point I might take it off to a doctors and see what's up with it.

Oh and I got some post yesterday! My blood donor card arrived and it is red and shiny, and my blood can be given to 83% of the population (but not while I am using it, obviously).

Next step: organ donations! Soon a little bit of me will exist in sick people all across the nation!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler
  • Everyone is getting old.

Hey, blog thread, life is good right now.

Everything around me may be going to pot, I may have lost interest in college and work, but I'll be damned if I'm not enjoying every moment of it.

I don't even care about the inevitable downfall of this good mood.

I'm just that damn happy.
Quote from: Patrick
I am pretty miserable at going down on a lady

Quote from: Khar
I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Wow, your body is rejecting that you wore a dress.

(seriously though, maybe go see a doctor?)
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

So, I just ran into a friend who I haven't seen in a while, and things have been going pretty well for him, which is nice. The best part is that he totally cleaned up in his personal injury case. You see, about a year ago he got in a car accident involving another driver who was drunk. Apparently it was a pretty easy case since my friend had complete break in his femur. I can imagine the expert testimony now: Lawyer: "So, would you say a broken femur is a major injury?" Doctor: " DURR. Yes, yes it's a major injury. Christ."
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2008, 14:06 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Jens, you're probably right about the caffeine>sleep, but I'd definitely see a doctor soon. That shit is scary. Reminds me of something rather unpleasant that happened to a girl in my 5th grade class.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Jens, if it happens again you should probably see a doctor. It might not be anything serious but it is better to be safe than sorry.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Metope

(Call dad tomorrow Jens if, you haven't done it yet. And go to sleep dammit.)

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Oh yeah, I forget that your dad is like a physician/doctor/medical/smart guy. Jens give him a call.
Liz is touching me.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Agreed Tommy. He's a really active guy (only 22) and worked at a landscaping business, so it's good that he's got the cash to finally get that whole mess completely behind him.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

GAH! I just made a really dumb mistake at work and it's bounced back onto my boss. I just spoke to him and he told me not to take it to heart, but I feel like shit all the same.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC

HEY FREUD

FFFFFFFFFFUCK YOU
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Social Bacon

• FIGHT YOU

Frog Dread,

I started work in Parliament today, it is super cool. I moved to Ottawa for two reasons: get a job in Parliament and learn French. Half my goals are completed and the first semester isn't even over yet. I feel very on top of things. Hooray!

StMonkey

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • *Comment of negligible importance*

HEY FREUD

FFFFFFFFFFUCK YOU

Looks like somebody might be bothered with an Oedipus complex.... :-D
Carpe Gluteum
The bottom line is, if anyone is going to start playing pranks by stuffing large quantities of food in their mouths, be wary.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute

Just when I needed a pick-me-up, the two D.V.D.s I ordered off Amazon arrived in the mail today! Proving once again that Amazon loves me (I ordered them, from the U.K., only one week ago). Does anyone remember back in the late 90s, when suddenly there were all sorts of beautiful and amazing French films coming out? No? Well now I've got two of the ones I loved most of all: the Dreamlife of Angels and It All Starts Today

Ahh, late-90s Elodie Bouchez crush, I've missed you . . .

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Woo i just spent $200 on SGR shirts and books!  I am justifying it by the fact one of those shirts is for my brother's birthday.  Everything else is for me. MWAH HA HA.

I am pretty sure I only have to buy 5 more presents, and maybe 2 silly ones. YES.  Then it can be back to stocking up on spending money for Chicagocon/Dan-con.

I really need to stop buying shirts, I have so many shirts. Like, I really really need to stop.  But I just cant.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Lines

• Awakened

Ea O Ea,

Yesterday was a success. Food was had and it was delicious.

Today is "Black Friday." I work downtown. I could tell from traffic this morning that nobody in their right mind would do their Christmas shopping downtown. Today will be dead at work and I'm all kinds of happy about it.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

It is 7:25 am and I've only seen one of the guests that I have checked out.
The rest have seperate reservations but are still in house. I'm on number 11 of these.
Its gonna be slow today and I'm fine with that.

Later I'll be hooking up my sound system for my car, and then maybe going and spending some time with a girl.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Dear blog thread,

I finally got to talk to my girlfriend on the phone today. First time in something like a month, haven't been able to call her since the internet went down (internet phone for the semi-win). I am talking to her now!

Love,
Me!

Edit: ...well, fuck, she started crying when I had to go. Maybe I'm not going to have a perfect day after all.
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2008, 07:32 by Patrick »

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Oh man, I just looked at the schedule for today and realized that my manager isn't coming in until 2:30. I don't get to go to lunch today, I guess, because there's no one in the sales office today either.  :-(

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

Hey guys, guys, important message

SCHOOLS OUT!

yeeeawooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

What this means is that I have spent the last 48 hours in the computer labs finishing a software engineering project that the rest of my team was to busy to do because of bad planning. I have in these past 48 hours also submitted an algorithms and data structures assignment, a databases assignment, an operating systems essay. I have also received back two assignments, one of which I got a 75 percent on and the other 100 percent. In Edinburgh standards these grades are excellent. I am extatic.

ie. I will be getting retardedly drunk in the next couple of hours (read: at least three days). Right after I nap, blast my speakers away with some Girl Talk/whatever is really loud (any suggestions?), and play my guitar for an extended time.

Also, I am getting a white little macbook! It's been confirmed! Yay.

Today has been a good day.
Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler

After spending two days out and about, one in London with my two best mates, the other mucking about in the rain with a really good female friend of mine, I now have to go out and work tonight.

Leonard Cohen is playing where I work tonight, so I'm assuming it will be a slow one for me, which is good and bad.

Good because it means I won't have to bitch about being busy.

Bad because I've just had two great outdoor days in a row, and being cooped up inside listening to some guy I haven't heard of is going to drive me craaayzeee.

I can't really work out in my head why it's not cool to bone your sister as long as you don't make babies

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek

No, no!  Enjoy, instead.

Leonard Cohen

a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Shane that is a terrible picture of Ole Gunnar.

I was unsuccessfully trying to photoshop your head onto it.

ALSO FUCK YOU IT'S WHEN HE SCORED AGAINST BAYERN TO WIN THE EUROPEAN CUP.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

My name is not Bryce. Why does the senor sales manager call me Bryce? Does she care what my name is? This is something I felt that I needed to blog about so that you people get the sorts of things that a raptor will say to you.

Bryce is barely close to what my name is.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Dear Blog Thread,

Today is a horrible day.

I set my alarm for 4:30 this morning so I could wake up, shower, eat, and all the jazz to get ready for work at 6. When I finally heard my alarm it was 5:11, so I had to rush around to get dressed, though I was feeling a little sick. I got to work on time and was on the sales floor until about 10 before I had to duck into the back and curl up in a chair all sick.

My stomach is upset, I feel faint and dizzy, I'm hot but I have the chills, and my body is just sore all over. Now I am starting to get a headache and I'm all shaky.

Fuck the flu (I think I have it).

(I have a 12 page paper due on Monday.)

I am going to take a two hour nap.

Love,
Liz
« Last Edit: 28 Nov 2008, 10:48 by Misconception »
Liz is touching me.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

how long does heartburn usually last?

see, i've had heartburn since Monday.

worst week ever.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

My name is not Bryce. Why does the senor sales manager call me Bryce? Does she care what my name is? This is something I felt that I needed to blog about so that you people get the sorts of things that a raptor will say to you.

Bryce is barely close to what my name is.

Whatever, Bryce.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Hate you so much right now.

Also, it's probably a good thing my gabbly finally crashed at 3 am last night or else I'd probably have never gone to sleep.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Blog thread,

disappointment. I was going to Oslo with Kristin (Metope) to buy boots, but then she and mum thought it would be a better idea to go to a shitty mall with fifty million billion cloned shoe stores and cafés that looked fancy and smelled terrible, so we went to shitty Jessheim instead. No boots for me. I did get some pretty cool shoes, admittedly - but they are not boots! Boo.

Women.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Also I got a pair of pants out of spite of Kristin.

Pictures? You know this is the sort of thing you cannot just mention around me.
Liz is touching me.

Metope

It's not so much bad as just disappointing, it just looks exactly like his other shapeless hobo jeans. Pics are not necessary, you've seen them before. And Jens, Oslo may be better, but you have to think tactical. The two of us shopping = we pay. Us shopping with mom = free stuff!

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Who knew one person could make you feel so shit about yourself.
Even when you don't give a shit what they say, some words just hurt.

"No, you did lie, and if you lied about something small, how do I know you aren't going to lie about something bigger"

Bad form Front Desk manager, bad form.

Thomas Edison

• The Tickler

No, no!  Enjoy, instead.

Leonard Cohen

Alright, alright. I just got back from work and, I will admit, I did enjoy it.

But I'll be damned if it didn't make me really sleepy too.

Apparently I'm not allowed to fall asleep whilst working.

Who knew?

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Jens, Oslo may be better, but you have to think tactical. The two of us shopping = we pay. Us shopping with mom = free stuff!

This is The Truth. And I haven't had free stuff (other than Christmas and my birthday) for like 3 years.

tl;dr suck it up, Jens

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

Apparently I'm not allowed to fall asleep whilst working.

sucks to be you!

i test matresses for a living; my job is 100% sleeping. i'm actually sleeping right now.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

Okay

Here is the breakdown

She was going to give me 2000 kr to shop for in Oslo, in cool stores

in Jessheim I got 1600 to shop with in shitty stores

Do you see the conflict here

I can't understand Fake Money units, you are going to have to translate into Real Money.

(joking aside, I totally see what you mean, and will again say "Man. Women.")
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 82   Go Up