THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatever, Let's Have A Goddamn Blog Thread, But Try And Keep It Reasonable  (Read 740083 times)

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Congratulations on not going deaf!

The last time I had that happen to me I was seven and I was given a transformer as a bribe/reward for not freaking out and trying to kill the doctor or something.

It was a pretty good transformer, too.

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Man, fuck ear troubles. Ear troubles are the worst troubles.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

ummmkay

• Curry sauce

I had to have my ears syringed when I was very little. I did not handle it well.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

I had my ears syringed a couple of months ago. I could barely stand for the rest of the day. Fucked up my balance something chronic.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Anyone who thinks ear troubles are the worst troubles has never really seen the horrors committed in the name of podiatry.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

I've had to have my ears syringed quite a few times since tubes were put in because I would get terrible ear infections when I was little.  The last time it happened they flushed out the last tiny pieces (I think it was around the time Fire Emblem first came out in the US).  

Any way, I also had to have some vein in my nose sealed shut because of excess bleeding.  They took something extremely cold (what's that stuff that they guy was frozen with in the 2nd Terminator?) and shoved it up my nose.  It felt like the inside of my nose was being welded shut, never a pleasant experience.

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

On a more serious note: either it's a mistake or, no offense, you have no one to blame but yourself or your housemates. Bills come monthly and shit gets lost in the mail a lot. If you're living on your own, you need to keep track of these things and not rely on this shit getting to you in any reasonable fashion. If it's been two months since you paid your electric bill and you haven't seen a notice, you should probably call the power company or check your online statement.

Actually, power bills with Ergon Energy come every 3 months so it is quite easy to lose track. Also I only moved in about 3 months ago so I had no idea when the next one was meant to be coming in.

And if we lost the bill, we should have gotten an overdue notice in the mail BEFORE they decided to just come and cut off our power.
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Anyone who thinks ear troubles are the worst troubles has never really seen the horrors committed in the name of podiatry.
Actually, I take it back. The worst troubles are kidney stone troubles. Specifically urethral stint troubles.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

I used to have tubes in my ears too. The last time something like what Harry described happened to me, the doc told me to tilt my head sideways, pour peroxide in my ear, wait thirty or so seconds, and then pour it out over a sink or something. It is disgusting, but it works.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master

Yeah Jon, it's either the law, or basically the law in civilised countries that notices and warnings have to be given before cutting off or changing someone's service.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK

Dear job,

Fuck you.

Dear guy who I have been fucking around with for a year plus now who I thought I was at least pretty good friends with,

Fuck you. Seriously. When did you plan on telling me about this girlfriend? I am more pissed off that you never told me more than anything else.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

michaelicious

• Duck attack survivor

I used to have tubes in my ears too. The last time something like what Harry described happened to me, the doc told me to tilt my head sideways, pour peroxide in my ear, wait thirty or so seconds, and then pour it out over a sink or something. It is disgusting, but it works.

Me too! I puked on my mom's shoes when I woke up from and got some Nina Turtles action figures. I got a punk rock Michelangelo with a sweet blue guitar and a hip-hop Raphael with some shades and a RUN DMC necklace and those rings that go across your knuckles and say stuff.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Holy shit, I think I had both of those figures too. I probably still have them stowed away in my parents' garage.

Radical.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW

Only one I have is the ninja rabbit.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

Usagi Yojimbo is awesome and you will give him the honor and respect he deserves.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Splinter?
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

I have a Raphael with Awesome Punching Action, but no RUN-DMC anything. I'm very saddened that I don't have any awesome music themed ninja turtles action figures.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

I always feel like I'm the only person in the world who saw the third live-action movie, where they go back in time to feudal Japan for no apparent reason.
 - Napoleon

MadassAlex

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "Tasteful"?

I had to have my ears syringed when I was very little. I did not handle it well.

While we're talking about children's medical stories:

When I was not knee-high to a horse, I fought off a trio of doctors with a sword. They were trying to operate on my eyes, the bastards! I'd have none of that shit, however, and gallantly entered mortal combat, outnumbered and trapped. Thankfully, the virtuous nurse came to my rescue and I dunno what happened after that, I was pretty fucking stoned from the anesthetic.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses

I always feel like I'm the only person in the world who saw the third live-action movie, where they go back in time to feudal Japan for no apparent reason.

It was because of an ancient magical lantern that they were all touching which caused them to switch places with actual samurai who were also holding it in feudal Japan.

Pay attention.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

PizzaSHARK

Anything involving personal mobility always ends up sucking.  I've fucked up my knees and ankles, but never my feet beyond ingrown toenails and that kinda thing.

While we're talking about children's medical stories:

When I was not knee-high to a horse, I fought off a trio of doctors with a sword. They were trying to operate on my eyes, the bastards! I'd have none of that shit, however, and gallantly entered mortal combat, outnumbered and trapped. Thankfully, the virtuous nurse came to my rescue and I dunno what happened after that, I was pretty fucking stoned from the anesthetic.

They let you bring a sword with you to pre-op?   :-o

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy

I've had pretty bad ear troubles my whole life. When I was little (like, 2 or 3) it became apparent that I couldn't hear very well and so needed to have grommets put in my ears (though I don't really understand why and have never took the time to find out). When I was about 12 my brother was dunking me in the pool and my earplugs (which I had to wear while swimming) fell out, the pressure of the water against my ears puncturing my left eardrum. I woke up that night in terrible pain and with blood leaking copiously from my ear. Eventually I got a skin graft to patch up the hole as it didn't heal itself but that didn't take as the skin graft ended up creating yet another hole that was eventually fixed up with another skin graft. As a result of all this, my left ear doesn't hear that well, especially high pitched noises, also it throws my directional hearing off by about 50% (it was tested in a biopsychology class I took in first year) though I guess it isn't helped by me being in a small room once a week while three other people around me play extremely loud music for about 2 hours straight.

I've also had my ears syringed, it was one of the single most uncomfortable experiences I've ever had, not actually painful just really very uncomfortable. It is second only to the trips I had to make to my ear, nose and throat surgeon who would have me tilt my head, then insert a long metal rod with a hook at the end into my ear (my left ear canal is now dead straight due to the skin grafts) and drag out clumps of wax.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

The extra letter

• The German Chancellory building

I've had pretty bad ear troubles my whole life. When I was little (like, 2 or 3) it became apparent that I couldn't hear very well and so needed to have grommets put in my ears (though I don't really understand why and have never took the time to find out).

Fluid building up behind the eardrum, I believe.

When I was a young'un I always used to get fluid buildup behind the eardrum or something as a result of almost constant ear infections that were in themselves a run-on from tonsillitis problems. I had the grommets put in to help the fluid drain out (tasty, I know...) So yeah, that may have been why.

I bought that and the second on DVD on impulse a few weeks back. I keep meaning to watch them both and indulge in some serious nostalgia tripping.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2008, 03:58 by The extra letter »
Hush, may I ask you all for silence? The dreamer is still asleep.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

Pog Dead,

I had a headache last night, so I went to sleep. I thought that would help it. It was about 1130 at night and I worked at 630am today, so I was like "eh, I'll get more sleep get rid of this headache blah blah blah" and then I wake up at around 330am or so with the headache having upgraded itself to being terrible. I layed in bed and tried to fall back asleep, but I layed in the dark for 45 minutes. Finally I sat up and took some asprin (with dr pepper since that's what was near my bed). I closed my bedroom door as I suspected that my body didn't want to fall asleep because it didn't feel right sleeping with my door opened. And I fell asleep.

I've never woken up in the middle of the night because of a headache.
What the fuck is that.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

No, wax build-up. The doctor gets a huge metal syringe (like the ones you see in horror movies that are meant to symbolise "BIG EVIL FUCKING CRAZY SYRINGE MAN"), only instead of being pointy it's pretty large-bore. The doctor fills the syringe up with water, gets you to hold a small surgical basin under your ear, sticks the syringe in your ear and basically squirts all the water in there. The water builds up pressure against your ear-drum, which forces the wax out. Then the doctor give you a tissue and tells you to tip the water out of your ear.

It feels rather like having a high-pressure hose blasted directly into your ear. Because I guess that's basically what it is.

Oh man, I've had this done so many times because this has happened a bunch of times in my left ear. It is actually kindof fun, and being the curious, disgusting person I am, I like to see what kinds of obscenely large pieces of waxy debris like to build up in such orifices.

One time, I had a plug the size of my whole goddamn pinky up in that shit. No joke.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki

It was because of an ancient magical lantern that they were all touching which caused them to switch places with actual samurai who were also holding it in feudal Japan.

Pay attention.

Ninja Turtles 3 is as disgustingly underrated as Ninja Turtles 2 is disgustingly overrated. I saw all three at Wal-Mart a couple years back for $8 a pop and picked them all up. After watching through them all, I realized 3 was actually pretty good and 2 was actually pretty crap. First one's still the best, though.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened

Ok guys. I told a few people in Gabbly about this yesterday, but the story has continued, so I will tell yesterday's part again.

Yesterday a guy came in my shop and asked about his application status and blah blah blah and I told him our manager was off and he'd have to come in tomorrow to talk to her. Said guy attends the "design college" next door. Now, a lot of the people who come from over there are nice, but very few give me the impression that they are the brightest crayon in the box. I know that's not a nice thing to say, but it's true, and this guy was definitely not that sharp. He then proceeded to awkwardly flirt with me for 20 minutes. About 15 min into it was when I realized he was trying to flirt as he stepped aside as I helped a customer and then resumed his mostly one sided conversation on Mel Brooks movies. It was a rather painful experience. He finally went away after I said I wasn't a fan of AC/DC. (Note: I like Mel Brooks movies, but I was just not attracted to this guy and I didn't appreciate the fact that he was taking up my time at work and being awkward.) After this guy comes in the Staring Guy who stares at me and makes horrible conversation and annoys the shit out of me. To which I shout in my head, "Fucking hell. Leave me alone."

Well this morning he came back. Luckily I wasn't here, so I heard this from my manager. He was asking about his application and wanted to know if he could get an interview. He applied for part time and we need another full time person. My manager explained this and he said he was availible for full time, he was here, even though most of his time would be sent in class. She tried to explain to him what full time meant, but he didn't get it, but eventually he left. Then I come in and she tells me this story. I run off to the bank to get change and I come back and she said he came back again and poked his head in looking for me. AGH.

As I told gabbly, I'm too mean to flirt with when I'm working. I may not say mean things, but they go through my head. So for your own good, dear people of the internet, do not try to flirt with me at work.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

No, wax build-up. The doctor gets a huge metal syringe (like the ones you see in horror movies that are meant to symbolise "BIG EVIL FUCKING CRAZY SYRINGE MAN"), only instead of being pointy it's pretty large-bore. The doctor fills the syringe up with water, gets you to hold a small surgical basin under your ear, sticks the syringe in your ear and basically squirts all the water in there. The water builds up pressure against your ear-drum, which forces the wax out. Then the doctor give you a tissue and tells you to tip the water out of your ear.

It feels rather like having a high-pressure hose blasted directly into your ear. Because I guess that's basically what it is.

Oh man, I've had this done so many times because this has happened a bunch of times in my left ear. It is actually kindof fun, and being the curious, disgusting person I am, I like to see what kinds of obscenely large pieces of waxy debris like to build up in such orifices.

One time, I had a plug the size of my whole goddamn pinky up in that shit. No joke.

Hahah, I had to do this last year. It's pretty damned nasty, for one, and is also the weirdest feeling in the world. It's weird though, because I use Q-tips fairly frequently. It's crazy how much can build up in there.

Also Ozy, that's right! Completely forgot about that. Mostly what I remember about that movie is that the samurai who switched places with them were really into hockey, for some reason...?
 - Napoleon

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck

Dear blog thread -

I had a solid three paragraphs of complaining, but deleted it in favor of telling you that I can't wait until vacation and that I'm looking forward to tutoring the kids in the afternoon!

Hugs and kisses!

The Lamest Bitch,

~*~tAyLoR*~*

Alex C

• comeback tour!

There's a smelly guy who keeps doing basically the same kind of crap to this one poor clerk that works at a book store I frequent. I believe I've mentioned him on Gabbly before; his flirting tactics seem to consist of either looking at her boobs or his own feet while talking about computers or the Vikings. He always seems to be there when I stop in, but it could just be because I only go on Fridays due to the drive; I hope for her sake that he actually just isn't there nearly every day, although it would explain why she always kind of looks like she's thinking of immolating herself. I'm dying to ask her about it, but I figure she's already got one nosey customer to deal with, so I guess it'll remain a mystery for now.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

Yep, I never use swabs for the inside of my ears and I've never needed any sort of syringing. Your ears can do a good enough job of clearing themselves out on their own provided you avoid shoving it all back where it came from; believe it or not, your earwax is slowly pushed out of your ear at nearly imperceptible intervals all the time anyway via natural processes.

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé

I've had pretty bad ear troubles my whole life. When I was little (like, 2 or 3) it became apparent that I couldn't hear very well and so needed to have grommets put in my ears (though I don't really understand why and have never took the time to find out). When I was about 12 my brother was dunking me in the pool and my earplugs (which I had to wear while swimming) fell out, the pressure of the water against my ears puncturing my left eardrum. I woke up that night in terrible pain and with blood leaking copiously from my ear. Eventually I got a skin graft to patch up the hole as it didn't heal itself but that didn't take as the skin graft ended up creating yet another hole that was eventually fixed up with another skin graft. As a result of all this, my left ear doesn't hear that well, especially high pitched noises, also it throws my directional hearing off by about 50% (it was tested in a biopsychology class I took in first year) though I guess it isn't helped by me being in a small room once a week while three other people around me play extremely loud music for about 2 hours straight.

Ear trouble thread,

I've had a lifetime of ear problems, too!  My story's remarkably similar to Jimmy's, actually.  I had three tube surgeries for recurring otitis media as a little kid (they allow air into the middle ear to prevent infection--supposedly, of course), then had a ruptured eardrum that wouldn't heal on its own, so my surgeon reconstructed my eardrum from skin behind the ear.

Then, five years later, I developed a non-cancerous tumor that enveloped the eardrum.  My surgeon then had to remove the whole thing and reconstruct the eardrum again.

Now, I've got 70% hearing loss in my right ear and have to wear a hearing aid.  Surprisingly, it's not primarily a structural thing.  It's an inherited sensory-neuro thing; after the surgeries, I still had normal hearing in that ear.  This is a pain in the ass for two reasons: (1) it cannot be potentially healed by another surgery, and (2) I'm likely to lose much more of my hearing.  My grandfather and mother are both effectively deaf. 

Oh well.  I guess all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for dramatically improved cochlear implant technology by the time I'm 45 and going completely deaf.

(EDIT: Quote added because of pagebreak)
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2008, 10:47 by Elizzybeth »

Gilead

Man you know what's great about insomnia?

Yeah neither do I. : \

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

oh insomnia. i usually go to bed at 4 or 5 am. i then wake up around 1 or 2 pm. now you may wonder "anna, how do you ever get anything done?"
...i mostly don't.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

that's not insomnia.

sorry to burst your bubble but i have to defend my disorder because insomnia really really really fucking sucks and going to bed at 5 a.m. does not equal insomnia if you sleep in until the afternoon.

that just means you're lazy.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

ackblom12

It's not insomnia, but I don't see how getting 8 hours of sleep is lazy.

Funnily enough I've had to defend that plenty. Going to bed later and waking up later thaother people does not equal more sleep.

Alex C

• comeback tour!

If she simply doesn't try to get to sleep before then at all, yes, it's not insomnia, although it's not really necessarily laziness either, since yeah, getting around 10 hours of sleep isn't really that unusual. But difficulty in getting to sleep despite feelings of tiredness (onset insomnia) is pretty common and often associated with anxiety disorders, so I wouldn't go around throwing stones quite yet.

Also, I used to suffer from really bad terminal insomnia, which contributed to some anxiety which then led to onset insomnia. Onset insomnia, as it happens, doesn't mix very well with terminal insomnia. It was like a not very fun at all feedback loop.
« Last Edit: 03 Dec 2008, 11:36 by Alex C »

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

It's not insomnia, but I don't see how getting 8 hours of sleep is lazy.

because i can't do math in my head, that's why.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right

i do have difficulty getting to sleep despite feelings of tiredness. it's not like i'm not trying at all. and i have minor anxiety issues. as for the whole getting 8-9 hours of sleep thing...this has only started recently. (a couple of months ago)
throughout high school and my first year of university i'd be getting 5-6 hours of sleep on a regular basis. sometimes less. i'm not as lazy as i sound in some of my posts really.
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.

no, you're lazier  :-D

In all seriousness, I will get about 4 hours of sleep sometimes even when I don't mean to. I just have so much to do that I don't have time to sleep.

Of course, I do sometimes get to the point of unending tired and fall asleep in the middle of the day.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

i'm not as lazy as i sound in some of my posts really.

haha i know, i was just harshing your gig.

speaking of not-sleeping; prepare some really stupid and incoherent post from me over the next week or two. last night i decided to quit smoking (again) so in day or two my insomnia will have kicked into full-gear and i'll be a bumbling zombie for a while (assuming i stick to my guns and don't smoke).

don't say i didn't warn you.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

[sing song]Going to China today![/sing song]

ackblom12

Dear Blog Thread,

I enjoy my new job as a tech support emplyee in a call center for a VOIP service, but I just spent over an hour getting something done that should have taken 10 - 15 minutes because they kept lying to me. In some moments, it was hilarity, but here are the notes for the call.

"Lucyle's friend called in to get help with initial setup. Checked connections. Powercycled. Got a laptop hooked up to the DTA and checked Firmware. SIP was empty. Rapid Assisted. Fixed SIP settings. Rebooted. Test call rang on my end but did not on his end. Had him trace phone cord. Plugged into the wall. Had him plug it into the DTA. Same result. Realized he had plugged the phone into itself. Finally got it sorted out and he got a ring. His test call was also successful. All set."

Your addicted reader,

Stephen King

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Man you know what's great about insomnia?

Yeah neither do I. : \

3 weeks almost straight, man, 3 weeks.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

A WEEK AND A HALF UNTIL MOUNTAIN GOATS

AWW HELL YES!
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • bang bang a suckah MC shot me down

HAIL SATAN

PS Today is hangover library day, it is fantastic, and then I am going to get some steak and cheap booze for lunch because that is how I roll and I really need some hard liquor to shake off this fucking ridiculous beer hangover.
Quote from: Emilio
power metal set in the present is basically crunk

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

I only come to the internet to blog now

Also I need to figure out a way to get gabbly working from my uni connection someone should help me with that.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

i take back anything i may have said about quitting smoking.

i'm weak okay?!

GET OFF MY BACK YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM

Hat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Smoking is awesome and don't let anyone tell you otherwise no matter how many fucking tubes they have in their throat.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82   Go Up