THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 01:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permission from Jeph  (Read 3131 times)

APolaris

• Plantmonster
Permission from Jeph
« on: 01 Jun 2008, 06:57 »

I'd just like to briefly ask Jeph's permission on something.

I'm working on a novel called "The Politico." It's basically about a man who, for reasons not spoiled until the end, goes around to coffee houses, mocking the political positions of others and the general modern culture. For personality, think Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets" or maybe Randal in "Clerks" and "Clerks 2." I'd like to ask permission from Jeph to use the "Coffeehouse of Doom" and associated personalities in the novel at some point, as well as the karaoke bar with the "No Rickrolling the audience" sign where Sven and Faye sang. It's not certain that I would; I'd just like to ask permission for the option. I will send the associated chapter to Jeph if he wishes to review it before possible publication.

Thanks in advance for any response, favorable or unfavorable. As a every-day reader of QC since around strip 91, I hope to see the good work continue and appreciate the efforts put into it.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Re: Permission from Jeph
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jun 2008, 07:00 »

This is probably best emailed to him, as there's no guarantee that he'll see this thread in order to reply!

(of course, now that I've said that he'll probably see this thread immediately)

Aegir

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Re: Permission from Jeph
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2008, 21:35 »

I'm gonna guess he'd probably say no.
Pages: [1]   Go Up