THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 03:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Scott Weiland  (Read 6604 times)

TheEvilDog

RIP Scott Weiland
« on: 04 Dec 2015, 15:35 »

Scott Weiland, singer with Stone Temple Pilots and formerly Velvet Revolver, passed away yesterday in Bloomington at the age of 48.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/arts/music/scott-weiland-dies-stone-temple-pilots.html?_r=0

This has kind of hit me hard. I started listening to his music through Velvet Revolver when I was in college, in fact it was often listening to those songs on Contraband that would get me out of bed on my worst mornings in a very terrible time.

Goodbye and thank you for the music.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
Re: RIP Scott Weiland
« Reply #1 on: 05 Dec 2015, 03:04 »

This has similarly hit me pretty hard.

Contraband came out about the time that I was going through the worst of my mental health issues and loving this band and delving into Scott's story was a huge source of strength to me; knowing he was bipolar (as I was suspected of being at the time) but was still this icon said to me that I'd be okay.

Not to mention that it was this same sort of period where I found out how to just be comfortable with myself, and Velvet Revolver being the first gig I ever went to, opening up a whole new appreciation of live music.

Very grateful for the influence he's had on my life and sad to see this news, I hope his family are alright.
Pages: [1]   Go Up