THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 07:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 58   Go Down

Author Topic: You people go to shows, right? What future shows are you excited about?  (Read 929375 times)

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

The Revival Tour.  Tomorrow night.  Super excited.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Middle-of-the-Road Conservative
    • My Newgrounds Audio

Keiko Matsui at the end of April in Londonderry, NH. I'm not sure if I'll go unless I can find somebody else who wants to go.
Voluntarily banned from DISCUSS.

Listen to my music. http://wolfgangruck.newgrounds.com/audio/

valley_parade

• coprophage

The Revival Tour.  Tomorrow night.  Super excited.

DAMN YOUUUUUUUUU
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Though, 7th of April I will be in the HMV Forum in London with my brother in-law, and we will be attending Boltfest 2012. I'll get to see Discharge, Benediction, Autopsy and Bolt Thrower themselves will play an extra long set. It will be GLORIOUS!

This is drawing frighteningly near.. Sweet mother of God.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

I came back from Roadburn. I saw:
Disembowelment (playing Transcendence Into The Peripheral in its entirety), Agalloch, Saturnalia Temple, OM, Lord Vicar, Ulver, Chelsea Wolfe, Nachtmystium (playing Instinct: Decay in its entirety), Sólstafir, YOB (playing The Unreal Never Lived in its entirety), Voivod (playing Dimension Hartröss in its entirety and an extra set afterwards), Anekdoten, 40 Watt Sun, Church Of Misery, Alkerdeel, Oranssi Pazuzu, Necros Christos, Jucifer, The Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporation, Internal Void, Urfaust, Bongripper, Dragged Into Sunlight and Coroner.

Yes, it was fucking awesome. This is still the best metal festival for me. Perfect atmosphere, perfect people, perfect experience.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2012, 02:47 by Mr. Doctor »

Catacombs

Saw Lucero last night at Webster Hall THEY WERE SO GOOD.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Disembowelment (playing Transcendence Into The Peripheral in its entirety)

I am so sad to have missed this  :(

Boltfest was awesome, but HOLY SHIT would I have liked to see this!

TheInfamousMeg

• Not quite a lurker

I'm going to see Against Me! and The Cult on June 1st. I am super pumped. It's going to be a really weird show, but I kind of like that. Also, I don't care how disappointed you are in them, I love Against Me!.

Zingoleb

Rammstein in a few weeks.

Oh shit.

IDMG

• Curry sauce

Speaking as someone who's not even more than a casual Rammstein fan? Best fucking show ever.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

Disembowelment (playing Transcendence Into The Peripheral in its entirety)

I am so sad to have missed this  :(
Boltfest was awesome, but HOLY SHIT would I have liked to see this!

It was pretty legendary. It wasn't a good idea to be on the front though, the sound was too bassy and blurred from there. I was at the top of the stairs near a bar with a perfect view and sound. Very good stuff indeed.
Also.... I'm a tiny dude (5'5.4'', okay not exactly a dwarf but compared to your average dude from the netherlands... it sucks!), so the fact that the scene was mostly very big stairs helped me a lot!

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker

Rammstein in a few weeks.

Oh shit.

Funny, I just saw a sign for a concert for them on... May 1st, I think? When I was driving by the Palace of Auburn Hills.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I'm going to see Against Me! and The Cult on June 1st. I am super pumped. It's going to be a really weird show, but I kind of like that. Also, I don't care how disappointed you are in them, I love Against Me!.

I wanted to go to the Boston date, but it's a Tuesday night and meh train tickets and bullshit.

I've still got a ticket to Wu Lyf this weekend, but there's no way I'd make it.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Elysiana

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Make me Fibonacci

Disembowelment (playing Transcendence Into The Peripheral in its entirety), Agalloch, Saturnalia Temple, OM, Lord Vicar, Ulver, Chelsea Wolfe, Nachtmystium (playing Instinct: Decay in its entirety), Sólstafir, YOB (playing The Unreal Never Lived in its entirety), Voivod (playing Dimension Hartröss in its entirety and an extra set afterwards), Anekdoten, 40 Watt Sun, Church Of Misery, Alkerdeel, Oranssi Pazuzu, Necros Christos, Jucifer, The Mount Fuji Doomjazz Corporation, Internal Void, Urfaust, Bongripper, Dragged Into Sunlight and Coroner.

Yes, it was fucking awesome. This is still the best metal festival for me. Perfect atmosphere, perfect people, perfect experience.
*picks up jaw from floor* WHY can't we get shows like this in the States?

I'd like to see Mastodon/Opeth/Ghost this summer but I'm not sure if I'll be able to go. It's been years since I've made it to a concert. The last time I saw Opeth, I knew who they were but had not heard their music before. They were opening for someone else. I got home and looked them up and was instantly hooked. Mastodon is fine, though there are other similar bands that I prefer, but I'd be going for Opeth.

Theyis

• Not quite a lurker

Ugh, I so wanted to go.... :(
But it was sold out in no time.

Anyway, going to see Ahab on june 8th in Rotterdam...

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

Yeah, they broke again their own record, this year it was sold out in 7 friggin minutes (last year it was 15). You really have to be there at 9:59, clicking F5 like mad.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

I was about to be really stoked about Troubador playing on our friends' band's bill at Bottom of the Hill in SF, but unfortunately they weren't able to pull the strings. We shall see what happens later this year though. If it does happen, you bet your ass I'm gonna be buzzin it to y'all.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Mr. Doctor: How was Dragged Into Sunlight?! "Hatred For Mankind" is really one of my favorite albums in terms of the sludgy stuff, so I'd like to know if they deliver live.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

Lummer, here you have a nice idea of how they were live. They play in complete darkness with only two or three vary pale red lights for them to see. and one big and extremely bright white light that was used in the most intense parts of their set. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of smoke. This combined with their music.... The light blinked so much that it makes the pokemon incident in Japan look like a joke. The video is misleading because in reality it was hard to see anything because of the white light. It was so crazy that it worked.

From what I was told, the sound wasn't too good on the front (too harshand noisy) which is something I didn't notice since I was in the balcony of that room so the sound was perfect.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Wow, that's almost like my old band, except we had that strobe througout the whole set. All the time. Every show. All. The. Time..

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

Very intense shit indeed. I think the only band that was just as sick and intense to me was Alkerdeel.

I also got this sick tshirt among all the other tshirts I got. Damn, Roadburn merch is insane.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Real Estate are playing at the museum down the street from me in August, YESSSS.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio

I hate Reel Big Fish live. Every time I happen to see them (Usually because a band I actually like is opening) they spend at least a third of their set playing the same song over and over and pretending every song is the last song, walking off stage, then immediately walking back on and playing the next one.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

Just got back from Sleep in Copenhagen. Man did they fucking deliver. Loudest bass I've ever heard, too.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

I missed Sleep and the entire Heavy Days In Doomtown fest because grindcore.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

I missed more than half Sleep's set at Roadburn because I watched Oranssi Pazuzu and they ended like 5 minutes after Sleep began so when I got there it was so full it was ridiculous so I went to see Necros Christos instead.
When NC was done I ran to where Sleep were playing at it was *a bit* less full. It was good, but I left kind of meh because everything was so loud (specially the bass) that you could barely hear what they were even playing :P

So yeah, I don't regret not seeing their entire set. The last 20 min were cool though, but I expected more.

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

You have to listen for a while to get into it (though contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be high). After a while the loudness and repetitiveness becomes so fucking hypnotic.

Edit: Also a friend of mine saw them at Roadburn and really liked it. He claimed that the venue gave them "a club sound" which I thought was pretty funny.

Mr. Doctor

• Scrabble hacker
  • X-Ray Rod

The whole aspect of Roadburn is to have a "club atmosphere". That's why it's such a great festival... It doesn't feel like it.
Plus, the fact that it's a small festival in terms of people being there works for me. I'm not a fan of crowds.

It was fun indeed... But I dunno, I don't regret not seeing the whole set. :P I didn't want to miss any Oranssi Pazuzu and I knew if I really wanted to see Sleep I had to be there like 30 min earlier. Meh.

I will be there next year, that's for sure because Jus Oborn from Electric fucking Wizard(!!!) will be the curator. I can't miss that.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Cock Sparrer TONIIIIIIGHT!

Frank Turner coming up again in September. I want to go see the Gaslight Anthem in July, but it's the same night as the Liverpool game at Fenway Park, and my friend's already got us tickets for that.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio

I've always felt like Gaslight Anthem is copying Streetlight Manifesto's name.

Zingoleb

Rammstein was, undoubtedly, the best live show I've ever seen. Hnng.

TinPenguin

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Cogito ergo potato.

Katzenjammer tonight! I'm already dancing at the thought. :-D

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor

Katzenjammer tonight! I'm already dancing at the thought. :-D
I heartily support people dancing at shows. Save some for the band.  :wink:
Your enthusiasm made me go find this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF2DtIt9Qtk and I forgot the computer was plugged into the PA down here in the basement. ~~~LOUDNESS~~~
(Also funny interview because many of my wife's biggest influences in music come from  cartoons.)
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig

Oh man, that's awesome :-)

Just got back from my trip to Pittsburgh to see the Peppers and holy hell was it worth the 14 hours of driving. Every second was pure bliss. They played Blood Sugar Sex Magik and I completely melted into a puddle. After it was all over, I felt like I was floating all the way back to the hotel.....
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

Being the cack I am, I definitely gotta brag right quick. This isn't the only thread I've posted this in. Oh god I suck at the internet
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

Kwaping

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Pedals!
    • Kwaping!

I should start a thread about great shows I've missed, since I miss way more than I get to go to... :( Last night I missed Mogwai in a small local venue.

But in other news, I did get to meet the great Buddy Guy at his Chicago blues club, Legends, last weekend.

Me and Buddy Guy at his club, Legends by kwaping_pics, on Flickr
No amount of gear will make up for a lack of skill - but I keep trying!

doombilly

• Duck attack survivor

I've seen Mogwai. I would have rather met Buddy Guy.
illicitizen.bandcamp.com
last.fm/user/doombilly

valley_parade

• coprophage

Neil Young in November. Never seen a concert at the TD Garden, but there's a first time for everything.

Mister D Nomms

• Cthulhu f'tagn
    • My Newgrounds Audio

Gogol Bordello is coming to Maine, but that's a bit of travel to hang out with a bunch of hipsters who think having a mustache and not showering make them gypsies. I'll go if I get a response regarding my email about adopting the superfluous ladies.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Yeah, I think the crowd would be the only thing keeping me away from a Gogol Bordello show.

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Moving Mountains in under a week. Stoked.

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig

I'm buying tickets with a bunch of friends this weekend for the Summerland tour at Bethel Woods. We've dubbed it our "Middle School Rock Show" and I think you can probably guess why we chose to do so.

We'll be seeing Everclear, Sugar Ray, Gin Blossoms, Lit and Marcy Playground. For under $20 a ticket, we just couldn't resist (I was especially excited because I'd pay twice as much for Everclear alone). It is going to be ridiculously awesome.
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Elysiana

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Make me Fibonacci

I stumbled upon a Gin Blossoms concert a few years back. They actually put on a pretty fun show! I hadn't realized how many of their songs I knew.

Devin Townsend Project is touring with Katatonia and Paradise Lost, and the closest venue is like 11 hours away and I want to cry.

Der Golem

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • http://www.ihavenowebsite.com

I'm seeing Lummers old band, Hexis, in a couple of hours. Killer local act Muck opening, they serve up some pretty fresh hardcore/punk, guitars all janglin, check it out; http://www.facebook.com/muckhc/app_2405167945

gettin my drugs on, pretty stoked

IDMG

• Curry sauce

Russian Circles with Deafheaven in a week.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

Well today I'm going to this:

330-345 Das Blut
350-405 Shortwave Surfers
410-425 Medicine Cabinet
430-445 'Lektricman

515-530 Moe! Staiano
540-555 Rubber O Cement
605-620 Conscious Summary
630-645 Darph/nadeR

715-730 Liver Cancer
730-755 Kawaiietly Please
805-820 Torn By Teeth
830-845 Xome

915-930 Pulsating Cyst
940-955 Nuclear Death Wish
1005-1020 Riververb
1030-1045 Nautical Almanac

1105-end Bastard Noise

8 hours of NOYZE!!!!
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

iRipper89

• Not quite a lurker

A couple, but im most excited for Real Estate in nyc this August.

VonKleist

• First I lol'd. But then I serious'd.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

was gonna see Bob Dylan next week but nooo, bandmates can't swing any other day for practise because they all have spouses or kids and whatnot, gig next saturday... ass

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

Swans!! Swans are touring in the fall!!
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 58   Go Up