THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58   Go Down

Author Topic: You people go to shows, right? What future shows are you excited about?  (Read 920790 times)

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig

Waaahhhhhh.....The Postal Service is on tour and coming to Brooklyn this summer. And tickets are $50. And the train ride there will cost $35.

Guys....why do shows I want to see have to happen when I'm broke?
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Kwaping

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Pedals!
    • Kwaping!

Wow, I'd love to see them! But are they going to stand on opposite sides of the stage and email the show back and forth?

... ba dum bum.
No amount of gear will make up for a lack of skill - but I keep trying!

valley_parade

• coprophage

I can tell you where I'm not going.

Floor shows with variations on this fucking poster.

DUDE DO IT. Apologies, I Have None are fucking awesome.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

KingOfIreland

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Artist formerly known as Tuathal

I can tell you where I'm not going.

Floor shows with variations on this fucking poster.

DUDE DO IT. Apologies, I Have None are fucking awesome.

Yeah, I've seen them before too, they're fucking great! I'm going to see them later this year too, since my friend is booking the next stop in their tour. Also I bartend for him so it's free!
« Last Edit: 14 Feb 2013, 08:28 by KingOfIreland »
"Cock's Fresh Prepared steak"

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

Went to see Enabler, Martyrdöd and Rotten Sound yesterday.

Enabler was FUCKING AWESOME. Holy shitballs. My new favourite band, and one helluva way to kick off the night.

Martyrdöd was... Dissapointing. Everyone except the drummer were clearly wasted out of their minds, so what followed was a fairly short set that seemed very "Phoned-in" and lacked the sheer white-knuckle fury and passion their records have. Also featured a completely pointless Dissection cover. This was a real bummer for me, since this band and their material really means a lot to me. "In Extremis" is painfully close to being my favourite record of all time, and to see the band behind it even literally falling over themselves on stage was painful.

Rotten Sound. What can I say?! This band has been grinding for nearly 20 years now and holy fuck it shows. The band went on without so much as a line- or soundcheck and proceeded to completely DEMOLISH the venue as if it was a total cakewalk for them, which to be fair it probably was, given the amount of live experience this band has. Calling them a "well-oiled machine" would be doing them a disservice. Machines can't be this tight, no matter the amount of lubrication. Every break, every staccato piece and riff was so mind-bogglingly on point it was profoundly humbling to someone who thought his own Grind band was tight live. Holy shitsnacks it was amazing.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Not sure which will be more fun, Frank Turner in a small club on Saturday or Teenage Bottlerocket in an even smaller club on Monday.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

I am now, theoretically, seeing Nick Cave in October.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties

hee

bought yo la tengo and sigur ros tix for may.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991

Eric Johnson in April

His last album came out 2 years ago and he's just got round to touring.

Here's hoping Jimmy Vaughn and/or Steve Miller turns up too.

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.

Saw Frank Boeijen last thursday.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Boiled Dove

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Personal Text

I had VIP tix to see Gaga last week, was going to take the whole family ( wife, girls 18 and 14) but that fell through.

Recently took the family to see DEVO and Blondie, had 2nd row center seats.

Patiently waiting for Melt Banana to come back to the states.
Signature

Lupercal

• Bling blang blong blung
  • In conception since 1991

Found a cool venue in London doing some cool shows soon - Portugal. The Man and RDGLDGRN. Tix are really cheap. Just need company. Or maybe I'll start going to gigs alone...

meticulous

• Not quite a lurker

I have tickets to see Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds in October. I was dubious about the venue size to begin with but I saw My Bloody Valentine there a short while ago and it was incredible (ok I just wanted to name drop there!)

Also I have a (am a) +1 on the guest list for Efterklang in Bristol this weekend!

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets

Kamelot and Delain in Denver this fall <3

and hopefully Sabaton will come back!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

I have tickets to see Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds in October. I was dubious about the venue size to begin with but I saw My Bloody Valentine there a short while ago and it was incredible (ok I just wanted to name drop there!)

...At which venue, kemosabe?

meticulous

• Not quite a lurker

At Hammersmith Apollo in London! ~

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

...I'll see you there then motherfucker! :-D

idontunderstand

• Scrabble hacker

Got tickets for Neurosis in June. Christiania in Copenhagen. Last time I saw them was probably the best concert experience I'll ever have, they probably won't be able to top it.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Teenage Bottlerocket coming back to the area again in June, this time opening for the Adolescents. Holy damn.

lepetitfromage

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • addicted to the shindig

Michael Bublé will be coming to Brooklyn in September- the week after my birthday. I want to go see him SO MUCH.

Also, lately I have had the musical tastes of an old lady. And I don't care. You crazy whippersnappers, get off my lawn!
If you try to take all the steps at once, you'll fall over.

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Missed Low playing in Glasgow, and I'll miss Bonnie 'Prince' Billy in Oslo because I come home less than a week after his show. Bad timing!
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

Zingoleb

DESSA.

DESSA IS COMING TO SEATTLE AND IT'S ONLY GONNA BE TWENTY BUCKS.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Michael Bublé will be coming to Brooklyn in September- the week after my birthday. I want to go see him SO MUCH.

Also, lately I have had the musical tastes of an old lady. And I don't care. You crazy whippersnappers, get off my lawn!

My girlfriend's likely dragging me to the Hartford or Newark show.

Boiled Dove

• Personal Text

2 weeks until I take my daughter and her friend to see Ke$ha!!!!!

8-)

:lol:

:evil:
Signature

valley_parade

• coprophage

I'm pretty sure that's considered a serious form of child abuse.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Ke$ha is one I file under 'Lindsay Lohan' - definitely would, but I'd be wearing five condoms.

ScruffCardinale

• Not quite a lurker

she does seem like she'd be fun to hang out with regardless of whether or not you dig her music. she was hilarious when she was interviewed on Conan recently and I've caught a few episodes of the show documenting her tour. My wife is a fan and I got her tickets for the PNC Bank Arts Center show for her birthday, but am not going.

Next show I'm really excited about is Nato Coles & The Blue Diamond Band. I just learned yesterday that they were touring out this way again and I love everything Nato does. Mainly I would just always see his previous couple bands and only got to see this current one once before. It'll be great to see them at a proper venue since the house show I saw them at that time got shut down by the cops pretty early into their set.

vickster

• Not quite a lurker

Next big show up is Black Keys / Flaming Lips double-bill in July, then Allman Bros / Stevie Winwood the following month!

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Yessssssss! For the first time in time United States, Amaranthe will be in Denver next fall and tickets are only $15!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

Moanerette

• Not quite a lurker

http://lcmf.co.uk/

The London Contemporary Music Festival, running from 25 July-4 August. This stuff is free, and some of it looks very exciting.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page

RX Bandits at Regency Ballroom in SF, July 5. Got my ticket and a show-going buddy already. I can't fucking waitttttt
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

valley_parade

• coprophage

Farm Aid, blah blah blah, old hippies, OH AND NEIL YOUNG.

Radical AC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Could use a wish right now
    • bookface

Dessa tomorrow, The Melvins Friday, and Animaniguchi Sunday.  Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Into It Over It, and The Naked and Famous in September.  Murder By Death, Okkervil River, and Deerhunter soon.

Moving to a big city for a job = money and concert overload.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

On a "couple months late" show note. The Who still totally holds up and Quadraphrenia is still awesome.

thedavo

• Plantmonster

Amanda Palmer on Tuesday.

Bloodstock in August. King Diamond, Gojira, Anthrax, Exodus, and a shitload more.

IDMG

• Curry sauce

Coheed & Cambria in September and Nine Inch Nails in November.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Steve Miller Band with a few friends in two weeks.

Frank Turner again, in November.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

every time I see this thread I'm tempted to post about the shows I play at, because while I'm definitely there to rock out, have fun, and maybe make the grade, I am also there to see bands and support burgeoning talent. if I did that though I'd be posting in here about every other week.

anyway, there was this band we played with tonight called the Closers. they're on tour from L.A., they're unbelievably nice, and while they may not be the most original thing I've ever heard, they were good.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel

Yeah, I could do that with all the local shows I go to as well. There is a pretty cool festival coming up in town, Launch, with a couple days of some acts I'd like to see, just don't know if I can afford it at the moment. Imagine Dragons, Blonde Redhead, Minus the Bear, Girl Talk, and about 20 others including some local acts on the bill.

BTW, Patrick, I'm trying to connect with you on FB for that idea of making a group to help bands swap gigs from the Bay Area and Central Valley.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid

I keep forgetting that your name is actually Jim. Sorry it took so long to add you back, but now it's done!

Usurpatore Hominum LXVI

• Plantmonster
  • The man who walks his own road, walks alone.

Wintersun, Fleshgod Apocalypse and Arsis on July 25th.
The red in the sky is mine.

GarandMarine

• Awakened

Holy crap that was awesome. Amaranthe absolutely stomped their hour long set and the openers were incredible as well. Can't believe that was only a $15 ticket. Snagged one of the posters (right off the door) and got Kobra and the Lotus to sign it and got Elyse from Amaranthe to sign it (the rest of the band didn't come out.) she gave me a hug after signing the poster!

Boiled Dove

• Personal Text

Hank 3 on Sunday, riot fest soon. Motorhead and Bad Brains had to drop out of Riot Fest but Pixies, Suicidal Tendencies, Joan Jett, and Danzig have been added. 
Signature

IDMG

• Curry sauce

Just crawled home from Baroness.

Holy shit.

Boiled Dove

• Personal Text

Day one of Riot Fest was a fucking blast. Closing shows were FOB and Danzig. Youngest and my wife went to FOB and Oldest and I went to Danzig, he started 15 min before FOB. He was just as big an ass as I remembered and after about 15-20 min my daughter and I looked at each other and said fuck it, this sucks, lets go see FOB. They put on a fun show. So Unicorn was right, I did like FOB.
Signature

Boiled Dove

• Personal Text

Other bands that were viewed yesterday: Bad Religion, GWAR, Joan Jett and some locals.

Daughters are now Bad Religion fans.
Signature

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!

I'm going to my first (non-comedy) shows ever this year, two of them! Because screw college.

They Might Be Giants in November and Barenaked Ladies in December.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

Just got a ticket to see Hell Shovel/Melt Banana/King Khan and the Shrines/Man Man in Philadelphia (MM's hometown) on Halloween. It's going to be pretty outrageous and I am very exited, even if it means ditching my less musically adventurous friends and going alone. Next weekend is Crystal Stilts/Deerhunter. Less excited for that one, but it should be pretty good in any case. And then I'm going to my friend's album release show on October 9th at the Bowery Electric in NYC. It's only $5 if anyone of you reading this likes lyrically lovely folk-y stuff.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Boiled Dove

• Personal Text

Melt Banana always puts on a great show. Enjoy!!!

Did not know they were going to be in the states again. Have to look up where they will be.
Signature

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

I've never seen them before, so I'm really excited to see how it goes. Looks like they're on a pretty big tour: http://www.geocities.jp/azaplink/mb/mxbx.html
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58   Go Up