THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 22:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: You people go to shows, right? What future shows are you excited about?  (Read 917972 times)

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout

So, The Ergs! and Bomb the Music Industry are playing near me.

But they're on the bill under Less Than Jake.   :|

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock

So go, enjoy the bands you want to enjoy, and cut out early if the rest isn't for you. Although I have heard they are good if you're at all into that thing they do (you know, the one that begins with an 's'?).
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

imapiratearg

See, I used to like them, but not so much anymore.

Uuugh.  I just remembered I have class from 6-9PM on that day and doors are at seven.  Damn it all.
« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2008, 12:49 by imapiratearg »

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

You think that is bad? I've slowly have been coming to the realization that I am probably gonna miss Faraquet because I have no way of getting there.

Fucking Faraquet.

AAAAERRRRRRRRRG!
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

imagist42

Last night I found out Pinback is playing here next weekend. Not only do I have to work that night, but my parents are flying back into town just before the show starts (after doors) and I am pretty sure I'm going to have to ditch work to pick them up.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

PECOAE

• Furry furrier
  • master of his domain ...for now

Nah Kabir, they're all here for the New York ATP festival.

I do believe that a lot of them are playing individual shows while they're here. Like the My Bloody Valentine set we're seeing this month (they're headlining ATP too)

dinosaur jr., meat puppets, and built to spill are playing a show together - d jr. performing you're living all over me, meat puppets performing II, bts performing perfect from now on.

somewhere in the city.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

Whoo, I just booked Earth and Arbouretum for Oct. 10th, Shearwater for October 18th and Grails w/ an as yet undecided opener for Nov. 28th. Not positive about the exact venues yet but somewhere on my college's campus. I'd best sort that out...
I'm also seeing Mount Eerie do a show here on campus with Julie Doiron. Phil played here last year and it was an outstanding show from a very friendly, funny and humble guy. See him on his current tour!
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor

Add Girl Talk and TV on the Radio to my previous October list.

That's 5 big-name shows in 1 months. Adding in gas money to drive to Milwaukee/Chicago and back, I'm going to be broke.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

valley_parade

• coprophage

Uuugh.  I just remembered I have class from 6-9PM on that day and doors are at seven.  Damn it all.

It's the Ergs final tour, I'd say that's worth skipping a class for. I'm still trying to find a way to get to Albany to see them in October.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

glyphic

• Vagina Manifesto

Pattern is Movement tomorrow on the Saint Louis University campus. I can't wait to see those luxurious beards and pick up a vinyl version of their new album.

Oh yes.

imagist42

Oh man, guys! I just realized I am not doing anything this Friday and there are two interesting shows going on. Tokyo Police Club w/ The Whigs, and Mogwai w/ Fuck Buttons. I know Mogwai are good or whatever, but then again, I actually listen to Tokyo Police Club in my personal music time. I don't know though! It is so hard to choose!

imapiratearg

You think that is bad? I've slowly have been coming to the realization that I am probably gonna miss Faraquet because I have no way of getting there.

Fucking Faraquet.

AAAAERRRRRRRRRG!

Oh man.  I...I'm sorry, Sean.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Oh man, guys! I just realized I am not doing anything this Friday and there are two interesting shows going on. Tokyo Police Club w/ The Whigs, and Mogwai w/ Fuck Buttons. I know Mogwai are good or whatever, but then again, I actually listen to Tokyo Police Club in my personal music time. I don't know though! It is so hard to choose!

I could've sworn Tokyo Police Club were touring with Weezer right now. If I weren't already going to Sigur Ros and Street Dogs, and said show wasn't at Boston University, I'd be all over it.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!

Weezer and Angels & Airwaves, for some reason.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

imapiratearg

Metope

I'm really looking forward to Bon Iver, M83 and Okkervil River. The Wombats show will be good to I guess.

This will be the third time I see Okkervil River in less than a year, and I live in Norway! Hats off to their insane touring schedule.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

valley_parade

• coprophage

Why?

Same reason they were on Warped Tour this summer: Someone out there doesn't want me going to shows

Calaveth

• Larger than most fish

Built to Spill, Calexico, Mogwai, maybe Okkervil River. If I weren't on a budget, I'd add M83 and Xiu Xiu, but I just can't afford all these concerts. I need a rich sugar mommy.

Ballard

• Older than Moses

Dandy Warhols in less than a week!

My Bloody Valentine on the 22nd.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I thought that only happened at Dropkick Murphys shows.

No wait, that was bros breakdancing

imagist42

I already bought tickets to Tokyo Police Club, mang.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Holy SHIT I'm excited. New Monuments is playing at my school on Sunday. For those that don't know (and if you like noise music you probably know already and if you don't you probably don't care but that's ok), New Monuments are basically a noise supergroup.  They're a trio featuring C Spencer Yeh of Burning Star Core, Ben Hall of Graveyards, and Don Dietrich of Borbetomagus and Wolf Eyes. They're doing like six shows on this tour so it's a pretty rare opportunity. I can't wait. I'll report on the gravity of my hearing loss after the show for sure.
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2008, 16:23 by TheFuriousWombat »

Hollow Press (my blog)

suitupletsgo

• Obscure cultural reference

mogwai in a week! fuck yeah.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Why?
Speaking of those guys, two mondays from now, at the Hi-Dive!
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

sean

• welp

Speaking of Mogwai:

I really hope I get to see them Wednesday. If I miss them and Faraquet, I may kill somebody.

FireAarro

• Curry sauce
  • Cold Lemmin' With Flava

bummed! did not get meredith tickets!

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

You turned down Mogwai for $20?? A Mogwai show is worth that much for sure!

Hollow Press (my blog)

imagist42

I think Sam has a thing about money, in that he doesn't quite like to spend it? I'm not sure.

But, yeah, I could hear a few of their songs while waiting to get in for Tokyo Police Club, and even two blocks away those few songs alone would have been worth my $20. Of course, Tokyo Police Club (and especially The Whigs, who were much better overall than I expected) was worth my $14, I think. I don't even care that I woke up unable to breath because this cold I've been developing is in full blast and I still had secondhand smoke in my airways.

In retrospect, parking under I-35 wasn't worth my extra $5, though. When did that idiocy start?

Daft pun

• Curry sauce
  • hugs not ughs

Discotexas label night in a few hours, aw yeah. That means a whole night of Moulinex and Xinobi.

GUYS

I. AM. SO. STOKED.

All this won't do you any good; you cannot return to the moon!

imagist42

Well the thing is, there was no fee (and no regulation to be seen) the last 4 or 5 times I've parked in those lots for shows at Emo's, Stubb's, etc. The only other time I've paid for parking at a show in Austin was for Wolf Parade at La Zona Rosa, because I decided to be semi-safe and park in the City Hall garage (which was also $5). So I thought it was a little odd.
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2008, 15:23 by imagist42 »

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

I'm seeing PHOBIA in two days. I'm preparing myself to come back with a black eye, several bruises, and a good deal of internal bleeding.

GRIND YOUR FUCKING HEAD IN
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

ifoundmystar

• Not quite a lurker
  • Oh, I was surprised to see you there!
    • Girl, whats yo MySpace?

Riot Fest is happening again, and soon. I hate the name of it. I mean, really, it makes me feel like I'm a sophomore in high school, blue hair and all...

But this year there are a few bands I really want to see. Bouncing Souls are going to be there, those New Jersey mooches... I love them. ALL will be there. Also a good band. The Lawrence Arms, who I have already seen at the Fireside Bowl... When it was still there... Horrorpops will be there, but I don't know how I feel about them since I was in high school... I mean, really, a lot of these bands are going to suck (The Casualties?!?) but the Bouncing Souls and maybe even Shot Baker may make up for it. (Oh, and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Hahaha.)

imagist42

oops, i meant it costs $5 fridays, saturdays and maybe sundays?

That makes sense! Basically all of the Emo's/Stubb's shows I have been to have been on Mondays.

squawk

• Scrabble hacker
  • if it has a toothpick in it, it's free!

Wintersleep is coming here, my actual hometown, in November and oh God I hope I can go please
it's time to stop posting

valley_parade

• coprophage

Riot Fest is happening again, and soon. I hate the name of it. I mean, really, it makes me feel like I'm a sophomore in high school, blue hair and all...

I want to go to Riot Fest so bad. =/ The Ergs, TBR and Larry Arms? There's not a more perfect show in the universe.

(btw, don't take The Casualties seriously and you'll probably enjoy them more. That's how I justify it)

BlahBlah

• Cthulhu f'tagn

I might be going to see The Fall in a few weeks but I'm just trying to imagine what the audience would be like.

Sweaty, slightly overweight, drunk old men dancing annoyingly?

ifoundmystar

• Not quite a lurker
  • Oh, I was surprised to see you there!
    • Girl, whats yo MySpace?

(btw, don't take The Casualties seriously and you'll probably enjoy them more. That's how I justify it)

Yeah, I know, I'm just a little too old and a little too over them to have to try to NOT take them seriously. I mean, if I have to try that hard to not take something seriously, it's not worth the effort. I really want to see the Larry Arms again... Oh, how I miss the good old days when mom and dad gave me money to go to shows. Boo rent.

Metope

Built to Spill 11/10 will be fantastic. They're performing Perfect from Now On from beginning to end, how great is that? And Casiokids 22/11 is going to be ridiculous (in a very, very good way).
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

orangepeas

• Obscure cultural reference

09/19 Mudhoney at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto!

BrilliantEraser

• The German Chancellory building
  • We're kings among runaways
    • Brilliant Eraser Productions

Since I am at school (University of Connecticut), my access to awesome shows is severely limited.

HOWEVER.

Ben Folds is coming to UConn in two weeks and I have tickets. Hella excited.
Quote from: Khar
*bloop bloop bloop*

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

I saw Secret Chiefs 3 play yesterday evening.

HOLY FUCK!!

valley_parade

• coprophage

I really want to see the Larry Arms again... Oh, how I miss the good old days when mom and dad gave me money to go to shows. Boo rent.

Supposedly they're going to do a small tour this fall. COME THE FUCK BACK TO BOSTON. The Sundowner/Falcon/Arms lineup of the last tour was amazingly fun.

Calaveth

• Larger than most fish

Huh, $20 for Mogwai is expensive? Might be that it's different markets, but here in Stockholm, but I can't say I blinked when I paid $50 for my Mogwai ticket.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

PHOBIA IN SIX HOURS

AHHHHHHH
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

sean

• welp

Yeah mogwai in DC is 20 bucks.

Thats half the reason why I am just like fuck it i am not going. the other half is that the show is on a weekday which is mega inconvenient for somebody who depends on metro and has school the next day.

KickThatBathProf

• Duck attack survivor
  • hey there

HOLY FUCK!!

Hey I saw them last Friday.  They were pretty fucking amazing.

Going to see Mogwai in two weeks up in the Twin Cities.  Fleet Foxes in a month for 15 FUCKING DOLLARS.  ABOUT AN HOUR AWAY.  HOLY SHIT.  Deerhoof and Girl Talk a ways away in November
dumplings are the answer because the foreskin boys

imagist42

Huh, $20 for Mogwai is expensive? Might be that it's different markets, but here in Stockholm, but I can't say I blinked when I paid $50 for my Mogwai ticket.

shows are on average $10-14 where i live, so yes.

Uh. What. Maybe at Emo's and the like, but most of the "big" Stubb's shows I have seen are at least $20. Mogwai seemed kind of on the cheap end for their popularity and being at Stubb's.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

Mogwai is a big name so even when they play at venues that often have $10-$15 shows (i.e. the Starlight Ballroom in Philly) they garner a ticket price of $20-$25 minimum. It shouldn't be surprising regardless of the venue. I obviously wish the shows were cheaper myself (not that it matters for me since I can't go to any of the shows I'd hypothetically be able to go to) but still, I'd happily pay $20 to see 'em.

Hollow Press (my blog)

funsize

Who Calls So Loud in a week.  Yes.

Ballard

• Older than Moses

Dandy fucking Warhols tomorrow!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 58   Go Up