THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 06:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: You people go to shows, right? What future shows are you excited about?  (Read 920725 times)

pirateninsel

Broken Social Scene and Tegan and Sarah in February. =D

Oooh! Me too!!

Christophe

• Duck attack survivor
  • FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
    • last.fm!

Dungen and Women are playing a show two hours from here this Tuesday, and I'm throwing a show at my college next Saturday, featuring Scissors for Lefty and four other bands from the Bay Area/Central Valley. Both should be off several hooks.

(if you want to go to my show and you live in Northern California, let me know)
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2008, 17:28 by TheLetterM »

diablo_man

• Obscure cultural reference

i will probably be going to see Exodus and Kreator with Belphegor, Warbringer and Epicurean opening in vancouver come april.
so excited to see Kreator, and i know warbringer and exodus will put on a good show. Belphegor i havent heard much of, not really my thing but i have heard good things about their stage prescence. epicurean so far i know nothing of, yet.

i had tickets to go see Arch Enemy, Dark Tranquility, firewind and divine heresy but i was too lazy to go (costs me 200 bucks to get to vancouver and back). which i really regret now, as i have gotten into all those bands.

FireAarro

• Curry sauce
  • Cold Lemmin' With Flava

Skream and Benga are playing in January.
Atmosphere are coming sometime soon too.

anyone seen any of these guys live? should I check them out?

Gridgm

• Beyoncé

i have tickets to see the mountain goats on teh 10th of december...i am very happy about htis
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

FireAarro

• Curry sauce
  • Cold Lemmin' With Flava

I'll see you there. Baseball are opening!

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!

i will probably be going to see Exodus and Kreator with Belphegor, Warbringer and Epicurean opening in vancouver come april.
so excited to see Kreator

My girlfriend's uncle used to drum for them (Joe Cangelosi).
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!

Skream and Benga are playing in January.

Yes. See this. Fuck.
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Second round of bands for Nick Cave Australian ATP announced: Dirty Three playing Ocean Songs in it's entirety, Bill Callahan, Dead Meadow, The Reels, Psarandonis, Small Knives, The Holy Sea, Hunter Dienna and Passenger Of Shit. This joining:

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
The Saints
Spiritualized
Fuck Buttons
Harmonia
The Necks
Laughing Clowns
Robert Forster
James Blood Ulmer
M Gira
Primitive Calculators
Afrirampo
Silver Apples
Bridezilla
Rowland S. Howard
The Stabs

...fuck.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(

Hey Dovey, FUCK YOU.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Hey man, there's no ATP show in my town. I'd have to travel clear across the country to see it (I will not). Fuck me indeed.

Ballard

• Older than Moses

I can't believe you're not making an effort to go to that.

Jughead5267

• Emoticontraindication
  • Ab Initio Ad Finem

I'm headed to DC to see Conor Oberst at the 930 club.
Should be aight, gonna check out Barack's new digs and whatnot

I'll let everyone know how it goes

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

Second round of bands for Nick Cave Australian ATP announced: Dirty Three playing Ocean Songs in it's entirety...

I would travel across any continent to see that. Fuck man. I don't even care about the rest of that ATP as good as it is...
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Nodaisho

So, I've got tickets for TSO on the 3rd of december, can't wait. It shall be epic.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

So, I've got tickets for TSO on the 3rd of december, can't wait. It shall be epic.

Me too!  I went to see them last year at the Izod Center as well and they were excellent.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

GnarlsBroccoli

• Plantmonster

... But Vic Chesnutt is coming in early January whoo!

Are you by any chance seeing him play at Chronic Town?  I just saw he's playing there with Elf Power in Jan.  Never really listened to either of them, but from what I read on the internets, they sound worth checking out.  I found some albums on the mediaf!re thread, so I'll give them a listen.

sean

• welp

No dogg at the black cat back stage. It's January 22 I think. If you like A Silver Mt Zion, you'd probably like Vic Chesnutt. Think guy playing folky songs on his little acoustic guitar with A Silver Mt Zion backing him up. I saw him open for them last May and it was pretty great. It'll be interesting to see if he plays his new songs without them.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

If you like A Silver Mt Zion, you'd probably like Vic Chesnutt.

I honestly don't think this follows at all. Sure he's toured with them but his music is as different as can be.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

sean

• welp

It's a bit of a stretch but I think its at least a bit valid. I mean, if I wanted to I could probably draw some parallels between Horses in the Sky and some of the more drawn out tracks on North Star Deserter. And songs like marathon have a bit of a post-rock-ish feel to them.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

Fair 'nough.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

valley_parade

• coprophage

I might be going to the show in Albany. Saw them two years ago, it was pretty awesome.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Catacombs

I might be going to the show in Albany. Saw them two years ago, it was pretty awesome.

I was wrong, I'm actually going the 13th, not the 3rd.  Still looking forward to it, tho.

Nodaisho

I've never seen them live before, actually never been to any big shows, always either find out about them too late (like when I found out down was supporting metallica when my guitar teacher mentioned seeing them the day before), or run out of moneys. I'm still somewhat worried my father will forget and schedule something for that day, but I probably should give him more credit than that.
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Katherine

• The German Chancellory building

Valley_Parade, if you do end up going to the show in Albany, make sure you go to Bombers Burrito Bar on Lark Street.  Giant, tasty burritos for cheap and it should be walking distance from the Times Union Center provided the weather isn't terrible.  Which, you know, is a crapshoot this time of year.

I am excited about going to see Michael Franti and Spearhead tomorrow night! I didn't know who he was prior to last week, when a friend of mine offered to pay for my ticket so that someone would go with her, but I found out today that I won free tickets to the show as well as a signed CD and entrance to the Soundcheck Meet and Greet before the show!  So I get to leave work early and hang out in Albany with musicians! Yay!

jodizzle

• Scrabble hacker
  • Stairs will tear us apart

Hey man, there's no ATP show in my town. I'd have to travel clear across the country to see it (I will not). Fuck me indeed.

Brett and I were going to go to ATP, but it is on a Thursday, which is basically the worst day for me ever as far as work goes.  Laaaame.  Brett will probably still go though, you should travel across the country and see it with him Dovey.

Also, counting down to Mountain Goats (a month!) and Stray Cats (3 months!).
Quote from: Hannah in Meebly
you it be the mics taht are broked?
Quote from: ViolentDove
But then again, I used to dress like the bastard child of a drug-addled punk and a shrubbery.

AanAllein

• Furry furrier

I am probably buying Mountain Goats tickets soon, but I don't seem to no-one anyone else who actively likes them. Which is kinda sad, and weird.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Valley_Parade, if you do end up going to the show in Albany, make sure you go to Bombers Burrito Bar on Lark Street.  Giant, tasty burritos for cheap and it should be walking distance from the Times Union Center provided the weather isn't terrible.  Which, you know, is a crapshoot this time of year.

I used to go to the TU Center a lot for River Rats games (hello, I am a hockey junkie). My favorite food place is quite honestly the pizzeria that's right on the corner of the building. Pizzeria Sapienza or something like that? I would murder someone if it got me one of their chicken parmesan pizzas.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Lummer

• Duck attack survivor

This Friday I will be seeing Mastodon. Albeit as a trio, since Bill Kelliher is in Hospital, but it's still Mastodon.

Slayer are headlining, and the tour also features some other bands which I do not care one bit about.

But,

MASTODON!

Metope

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

Islands in February fuck yeah.
Quote from: Meebo
[00:07] Liz: Jordan tell us how you feel about Edison.
[00:08] Ozy: FUCK YOU LIZ
[00:08] Ozy: has left the room

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Brett and I were going to go to ATP, but it is on a Thursday, which is basically the worst day for me ever as far as work goes.  Laaaame.  Brett will probably still go though, you should travel across the country and see it with him Dovey.

Guys ATP is TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS. Plus booking fee. I would love to see Dirty Three play but... yeah. Not for 200 dollars.
With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

Catacombs

Does anyone here listen to City and Colour?  A friend of mine just asked me to go see them perform in NYC in January and before this I've never heard of them.  I'm about to check out their last album.

Feedback?

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Well, City and Colour is okay. I mean Dallas Green is a pretty competent guitarist and his voice is okay. In the same style (acoustic/emo), Mike Kinsella does it better. But, yeah City and Colour is okay.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

ViolentDove

• Scrabble hacker

Guys ATP is TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS. Plus booking fee. I would love to see Dirty Three play but... yeah. Not for 200 dollars.

Right, so ATP at Sydney is $150, but doesn't have Dirty Three playing. ATP at Brisbane is $95, and only has a couple of bands listed. ATP at Mt. Buller is $200 and has Dirty Three listed.

I'm pretty confused right now.

With cake ownership set to C and cake consumption set to K, then C + K = 0.  So indeed as one consumes a cake, one simultaneously deprives oneself of cake ownership. 

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Oh dang. No chance now. You guys know how I have no money right?

sean

• welp

Andrew Bird is coming on February 3rd.

Yuuuuuuuuuus.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Boris next month in Danbury, CT.

Can I go? Probably not. Will I try? FUCK THE HELL YES.

Ballard

• Older than Moses

Shane I will be so mad if you don't go.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Here's the problem, Gene. None of my friends like Boris. I played Pink for a friend yesterday, and afterwards he said they were "too loud".

Also I don't have a car.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache

Before yesterday I was going to write about how very excited I was to see John McDermott and Eric Bogle perform, but it happened last night so I am no longer very excited. I am still on a high from the show though. They were absolutely incredible. Bogle's songs, McDermott's voice. They were backed by some really great accompanists and gosh. The songs they played together were just magnificent.

I like folk music...
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

Ballard

• Older than Moses

Here's the problem, Gene. None of my friends like Boris. I played Pink for a friend yesterday, and afterwards he said they were "too loud".

Also I don't have a car.

Get new friends.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Seriously. The whole idea behind Boris is that they are LOUD. Aside from Mabuta no Ura.

Ballard

• Older than Moses

Yeah man that is like saying you don't like The B-52s because they are too pop-oriented.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW

Won two tickets to see Yeasayer, tryin' to get friends to go with.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

october1983

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • It is a foreign country!

Andrew Bird is coming on February 3rd.

Man, he's touring with Loney, Dear again? I hope they don't whenever he tours the UK - I mean, they're okay but seriously he needs to make some new music friends or something.

In more exciting news - oh shit oh shit, Dirty Projects supported by Polar Bear and Lucky Dragons next April. what the fuck
Quote from: Jens in Meebo
"MY SON JUST WANTED TO COME LIKE A THUNDERSTORM"
"AND YOU ROBBED HIM OF HIS LIFE"

eddie

• Furry furrier

I'm going to see Primal Scream, Streetlight Manifesto, Buzzcocks and The Pogues and they're all going to awesome.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Fight you so hard, Sir. I'm so pissed the Buzzcocks aren't touring the States.

eddie

• Furry furrier

I know how you feel, I've been waiting ages for world inferno and mischief brew to tour over here.

valley_parade

• coprophage

I got excited when Buzzcocks were on Warped '06.

Their last date was in Buffalo. I went to the next show.

Ballard

• Older than Moses

Won two tickets to see Yeasayer, tryin' to get friends to go with.

Hey man I am totally a friend right?

P. S. Shane, Danbury is hella ghetto. I got to experience it while in Branchville over Thanksgiving weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 58   Go Up