THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: You people go to shows, right? What future shows are you excited about?  (Read 920825 times)

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

FUCKING SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE REUNION

Say whaaaaaaat. Didn't even know this was a thing that had happened
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

Yep.  They're playing like 15 or 20 shows.  And I won't be here for the one in NYC  :|
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page

I'm going to the NIN / Jane's Addiction gig in Manchester in like two weeks, so excited to see NIN again, and should be a good opportunity to finally find out if I like Jane's or not. So far I've only heard a few of their songs, mainly from video games, but I have liked what I've heard.

Just now found out Pearl Jam are in Manchester too in August. Just waiting to see if I can score a concert buddy then I'm definitely heading to that, too!

Catacombs

If you get the chance, definitely go see Pearl Jam.  I saw Eddie solo last August, and he was so damn good.  He sounds even better than the recording's live.

JimmyJazz

• The German Chancellory building
  • World's Forgotten Boy

Sonic Youth last night at the Electric Factory in Philly.....wow. It just was so fucking loud, sound bouncing off of everything. Plus there were crazy lights and pot which made it so much better. They ended the show with the sickest version of Silver Rocket ever. Definately one of the best concerts I've ever been to.
Tell her to buy a cosmo magazine, usually they have an article titled 101 ways to put stuff in your manfriend's butt.

Koremora

• Oh, hey.

OH MY FUCKING GOD. The Books are coming to the Lincoln Theater in Raleigh 2 days before my birthday. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Third time's the charm, like a dog it's breathing.

bahhhhh

• Plantmonster

Destroyer is coming to town with Taken By Trees on October 2nd.

http://www.last.fm/event/1112168

:-o

Kyros

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

Sonic Youth last night at the Electric Factory in Philly.....wow. It just was so fucking loud, sound bouncing off of everything. Plus there were crazy lights and pot which made it so much better. They ended the show with the sickest version of Silver Rocket ever. Definately one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Saw them in Manhattan last night. They DESTROYED.  My ears will be ringing for days. They pulled out oldies like Tom Violence, Catholic Block, Pacific Coast Highway, friggin Death Valley '69! Also The Eternal holds up awesomely live.

On the docket for next week: Matt & Kim on Thursday, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart on Friday, me being really happy that I have a friend doing an internship in Brooklyn this summer.

theoryC

• Furry furrier

Anyone know if the Antlers are any good live?  I'm gonna see them in a couple weeks, along with Red, the Eds and Chrash, the first two of which I know are horrible, and the last of which I can make guesses on by the name.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Except I don't think I'd be able to get a bus back to the Berkshires in time to go to work the next morning, fuck.

Woop! October 3rd in Cambridge. With Lou Barlow opening. Whenever I go to shows in the Boston area, bands seem to open for themselves (see the Lawrence Arms/American Steel tour where Sundowner and the Falcon opened).

Also, my ex snagged me a ticket to Warped Tour, so I'll be going to that with her in three weeks. The Adicts, Nofx, and Flogging Molly? I'll put up with her generic sounding sceney bands to see the Adicts! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

edit: It seems they're only playing the west coast dates. Bad Religion though, they were fun in '07!
« Last Edit: 04 Jul 2009, 15:14 by valley_parade »
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

Saw Casiotone for the Painfully Alone in a tiny, 50 person chapel the other night. It was great. Owen is an incredibly nice guy who manages to make some dude standing in front of a table of electronics mumbling into a mic exciting, engaging and memorable. He started off playing a couple songs of his own choosing and then played all requests for the next 45 minutes or so. I don't remember the order except for the first four and the last one and I might be forgetting a song or two but he played:

Optimist vs. The Silent Alarm (When the Saints go Marching In)
Natural Light
Man O' War
I Love Creedence
Scattered Pearls
Nashville Parthenon
Hey Jelly
Jeane, if Your Ever in Portland
Bobby Malone Moves Home
Rice Girl Dream
Seattle, Washington
Toby, Take a Bow
White Jetta
« Last Edit: 06 Jul 2009, 14:14 by TheFuriousWombat »
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

The Joker

• Curry sauce
  • Why so serious?

April Wine (Canadian classic rockers) are playing near my town, but I can't go.

Rrg.
They say the Joker is a wanted man...

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz

might go see Girl Talk again in September depending on how broke i am.

Greg Gillis puts on a surprisingly awesome show considering the nature of his music.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

TehBrynn

• Not quite a lurker
    • LastFM

Warped Tour's coming up in western NY in two weeks, with some good bands this year, and I'm mad excited :D

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Man, there's a Casiotone For The Painfully Alone show tomorrow night and I can't go cause I just realised he's gonna be there. It's the second time that's happened. Well, Third Time's a Charm.
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Touch Me Im Sick

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Street walkin' cheetah with a heart full of napalm

Silversun Pickups in August, w00t

De_El

• Duck attack survivor
  • uh oh

Tomorrow I get to miss a Sunset Rubdown show, because I have work and honestly kind of need the money. AAAAARRGHFGGBHRJFUCKSFUCKSFUCKS

Daft pun

• Curry sauce
  • hugs not ughs

The Lucksmiths this Friday in Hamburg. Not exactly close to home, but it's one of their last shows ever :(

All this won't do you any good; you cannot return to the moon!

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

hell yes!

ted leo and pharmacists for free in hudson river park

http://www.last.fm/event/1055358

as well as polvo and black moth super rainbow and boys noize

Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

JayJayD

• Emoticontraindication

Tortoise in August, http://www.lastfm.de/event/1111710.
I hope they won't only play stuff from the new album, but also some material from TNT and It's All Around You, which are my favorite albums of theirs.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

I might go see The Pains of Being Pure at Heart on September 6th. Really awesome.

Catacombs

I'll probably be seeing the Hold Steady again at the end of July.  And possibly Badfish (Sublime tribute band) the night after.  Has anyone seen them?  I hear they're damned good.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online

Man, there's a Casiotone For The Painfully Alone show tomorrow night and I can't go cause I just realised he's gonna be there. It's the second time that's happened. Well, Third Time's a Charm.

I keep reading this again and again and I simply can't make any sense of it.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Man, there's a Casiotone For The Painfully Alone show tomorrow night and I can't go cause I realised too late that's he was there (didn't advise my parents nor anyone I know...). It's the second time that's happened. Well, Third Time's a Charm.

Fixed that for you.
« Last Edit: 08 Jul 2009, 21:20 by Scarychips »

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Nope, that makes even less sense

MakuseruSukotto

• Plantmonster

Gogol Bordello at the end of the month.

allison

• Bling blang blong blung
  • i really want a mustache

Justin Rutledge and Great Lake Swimmers at the Shelter Valley Folk Festival, the most amazing festival in Canada, and my home away from home.
[00:30] KharBevNor: Crawling undead terrorcocks

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome

These two bands:

http://www.myspace.com/rocklikeergon

http://www.myspace.com/dietpillsband

And also An Albatross. They were so good last time I saw them, I'm dead excited to see them again!

Then both these bands:

http://www.myspace.com/chickenhawk

http://www.myspace.com/kongdom

& this band:

www.myspace.com/armyofflyingrobots

Then THEMOTHERFUKING GET UP KIDS.

I think I shall die of rock & happy!

You do. You need pants. Put on some fucking pants. Why aren't you wearing pants?

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Dammit... Okay, uh, I wanted to go see CFTPA, but I couldn't because whenI realised that he was in Montreal, it was too late for me to go because I didn't advise anybody that I wanted to go. (we have a rule in my house that if I want to go to a concert, I have to advise my parents at least 3 days before the concert). That's the second time it happened.

If you don't understand that one, then just fuck it, it's not that important anyways.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

And also An Albatross. They were so good last time I saw them, I'm dead excited to see them again!

Arrrgh! I didn't realise they were touring, and I've got a Marx reading group on the night of the Leeds date! Hopefully it will finish in time for some sass.

Also, why the fuck was I not informed that Army Of... are back? They'd better get the fuck up here sharpish, don't think Eleanor's ever seen them. I am not however jealous of The Get Up Kids, since you are running the risk of them playing loads of MOR shite from On A Wire and christ that would be horrific.

Also also, hiya!

On the other hand, Dolby Anol is playing the Brudenell tomorrow so I can get my dancing shoes on. I'm hoping it will be as ridiculously party as last time, but maybe with fewer tops off crusties.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!

Dammit... Okay, uh, I wanted to go see CFTPA, but I couldn't because whenI realised that he was in Montreal, it was too late for me to go because I didn't advise anybody that I wanted to go. (we have a rule in my house that if I want to go to a concert, I have to advise my parents at least 3 days before the concert). That's the second time it happened.

If you don't understand that one, then just fuck it, it's not that important anyways.

Yeah see originally I thought you were making a joke about how you were gonna go but then you realized that the guy from Casiotone for the Painfully Alone would be there and you were all "oh darn that guy sucks I guess not"

Yep.  They're playing like 15 or 20 shows.  And I won't be here for the one in NYC  :|

WHEN IS THIS

Greg Gillis puts on a surprisingly awesome show considering the nature of his music.

This.

P.S. I've been trying to see The Hold Steady live for years now but they just never seem to be around!
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Yeah, I realised that the structure of the sentence wasn't really making sense.

Also, I might (but that's a big might) travel to Quebec City to go see Beirut and Sting (my mom insists on checking the latter...).

sean

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • welp

i might be going to a good show saturday night but i am definitely seeing this band sunday its gonna be so rad!
- 20% of canadians are members of broken social scene

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!

I wouldn't see Sting if he came to my house, let alone travel for the opportunity.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome

Arrrgh! I didn't realise they were touring

If the Notts date wasn't a monday I'd say come to mine...

Also, why the fuck was I not informed that Army Of... are back?

They reformed just for the Cap Cas date. The Notts show is their last booo! It's Friday, You & elenor are more than welcome to come down!

playing loads of MOR shite from On A Wire and christ that would be horrific.

*fingers in ears* LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA! I don't care!
Also also, hiya!

Heys! I've LOADS to tell you dude! LOADS!

tops off crusties.

Whenever I miss leeds, I just think of this & I'm ok...

(Sorry for all the quoting, I'm trying to make sense here....)
You do. You need pants. Put on some fucking pants. Why aren't you wearing pants?

Professor Snuggles

• Only pretending to work

Gonna surprise this girl I am sorta seeing and take her to Blitzen Trapper next thursday.

Pretty psyched, but more for going to the show with the girl than for the show itself.

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome

Awww!

One of the bands I've listed is my new fella's band. I've had a crush on him for years mostly through watching him play. I finally get to do it & kiss him afterwards. Awesome.

Suprising girls with shows is brilliant.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh

Okay, Fuck Beirut, Fuck The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, I'm gonna go see Franz Ferdinand in August. I'm so stoked, you just can't imagine.

a pack of wolves

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN

They reformed just for the Cap Cas date. The Notts show is their last booo! It's Friday, You & elenor are more than welcome to come down!

Damn! Very tempting, I shall do some consulting and pondering. We badly need hangouts and booze anyway. One of my biggest gig cock-ups of all time was deciding to go and get food at a 1in12 all-dayer when I was 18 instead of watching AOFR. Think I might have missed Orrin de Forest as well. Amazingly stupid.

The tops off crusties were alright because a) they weren't near me so I didn't get stinking crustie sweat on me and b) Dolby Anol was liking the topless boys and since he was bringing the party it's only fair he got good times as well.

To wang this back on topic a bit, my friends are starting house gigs soon and their first one will feature the amazing and lovely D. Millard. The ceiling will be too low for his signature stepladder but there should be some classics like 'James Bond Is An Upper Class Copper' and 'Drugs vs Sport' so it will be awesome regardless. I am thoroughly excited.
Quote from: De_El
Next time, on QC Forums: someone embarrassingly reveals that they are a homophobe! Stay tuned to find out who!

MakuseruSukotto

• Plantmonster

Mono and Maserati.  :-D

Koremora

• Oh, hey.

This, this this this a thousand times this.
Third time's the charm, like a dog it's breathing.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!

Oh dannnnggggg

P.S. I've been trying to see The Hold Steady live for years now but they just never seem to be around!

I can not recommend seeing The Hold Steady live enough. Cancel plans, sell valuables, crawl over the prostrate and bloody carcasses of your most cherished loved ones. Just see them.

Catacombs

I can not recommend seeing The Hold Steady live enough. Cancel plans, sell valuables, crawl over the prostrate and bloody carcasses of your most cherished loved ones. Just see them.

This.  They're so damned good live.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
!
« Reply #1093 on: 10 Jul 2009, 23:24 »

Tortoise and Pit Er Pat are rolling through here in a couple of weeks! the degree that this excites me is not measurable but surely insurable
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor

Saw Casiotone for the Painfully Alone

I am seeing him again Sunday. The first time I saw him it was after his apartment burned down and his cat was missing and he was SO Bummed Out, but apparently the cat came back. I guess Cryptacize is opening, they're on Asthmatic Kitty and also some are members of Deerhoof. Suck it, Deerhoof haters!

(And yes, Hold Steady are awesome and really nice people too. I almost went up to the singer at the bar before I saw them cuz I was drunk and he looks like a billion people I kind of know. It would have been funny though, "HOW DO I KNOW YOU? YOU LOOK REALLY FAMILIAR!!") (And Keiffer, Blitzen Trapper is coming here too on the 21st. Should I go? It is $8. I think it's the night Jodie gets into Fargo)
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

valley_parade

• coprophage

Everybody Out! (sans Chris Sweeney) and that conceited fucking asshole Vinnie Stigma in the basement of a record store, next Friday.

Fuck yeah, Everybody Out! are awesome live. And Rick Barton is the man.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Catacombs

Just bought tickets to see the Hold Steady July 24.  Can.  Not.  Wait.

StaedlerMars

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • hallelujah!
    • a WebSite

Mission of Burma, Ponytails, Fucked Up, Jemina Pearl. Free at the Williamsburg Waterfront. Right Now.

Expect lots of screaming, perversely fast computer drums and guitars tuned to FUCK

Quote from: Michael McDonald
Dear God, I hope it's smooth.

skydivingninja

• Plantmonster

Got two coming up end of July:

July 26th-Dredg/Rx Bandits
July 29th-Prog Nation '09-Scale the Summit/Bigelf/Zappa Plays Zappa/Dream Theater

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm

Saw Casiotone for the Painfully Alone

I am seeing him again Sunday. The first time I saw him it was after his apartment burned down and his cat was missing and he was SO Bummed Out, but apparently the cat came back. I guess Cryptacize is opening, they're on Asthmatic Kitty and also some are members of Deerhoof. Suck it, Deerhoof haters!

I saw this too! It was enjoyable. At the end Brittany and I both gave him high fives so really the night could not have been anything BUT awesome.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 58   Go Up