THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 15:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freak Angels by Warren Ellis and Paul Duffield  (Read 5191 times)

MusicScribbles

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • John Milton was a punk rocker.
Freak Angels by Warren Ellis and Paul Duffield
« on: 16 Jun 2008, 17:44 »

I've been having so much fun reading this that I forgot to check if it had been posted on the forums yet.
I know that there are a few Warren Ellis fans on these here forums, particularly of the awesome Transmetropolitan series.
Well, this high quality free webcomic that Ellis is doing now, and has been for about 17 weeks now, is so far turning out to be a pretty fun read. Also, it's free.
www.freakangels.com
The story so far centers around a post-apocalyptic world, in London to be specific, in Whitechapel to be even more specific. Our characters are a group of what is thought to be eleven, but so far only shown ten psychics called the Freak Angels. The flood that destroyed London is quite possibly there fault, but it hasn't been revealed why yet. They all seem to have known eachother since childhood yet are definitely not brothers and sisters by blood.
Anyway, the pacing is terrifically, gloriously character-driven, so the story largely revolves around interaction between the characters while letting exposition trickle out at a leisurely rate.
So far the site updates with a new episode each Sunday, which is six new pages of comic.
So, uh, yeah!

Edit: Ah, here we go!

This says that there are twelve psychics. So far nine have been seen, one other is talked about, and the last two I either missed the mention of, or has not appeared in writing yet.
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2008, 17:51 by MusicScribbles »
Quote from: Tommydski
Listen to SLOAN you CUNTS.

ampersandwitch

• The Tickler
  • cuntstruck
Re: Freak Angels by Warren Ellis and Paul Duffield
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2008, 22:40 »

This is fucking good.  I really like it so far, Arkady reminds me of Delirium from Sandman, and the little interlude about doomsday fiction by Britain is actually something I've contemplated a couple of times. 

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
Re: Freak Angels by Warren Ellis and Paul Duffield
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2008, 23:57 »

I remember a thread on this when it started. I forgot about reading it though, which, after reading what's there by now I kinda regret. I'm really enjoying it.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.
Pages: [1]   Go Up