THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 23:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zipper Accident  (Read 6190 times)

Bad

Zipper Accident
« on: 14 Jun 2008, 17:58 »

Zipper Accident

Howdy hi QC readers, just figured I'd take the opportunity to post my new webcomic that launched this weekend. Things are still a bit rough html wise, and of course my drawing abilities will be improving with time, but I'd love to get some initial feedback on the comic as a whole.

FAQ:

"Oh great it's another Penny Arcade/CAD/etc knockoff isn't it? A couple cliche 20-somethin year olds living together and talking about video games!"

- I dunno. Is Family Guy a knock off of Simpsons? I suppose there are quite a few similarities between Zipper Accident and a plethora of other comics out there but hey, you write about what you know and things your readers can relate to. I suppose I could've made the comic about two beavers that live on a space station orbiting the planet Googlorflex for the sake of originality, but truth be told I don't know a whole lot about space beavers. The comic will be focusing more on movies and real life issues though I'm sure video games will rear their head as I am quite a fan.

"When do you update?"

- Three times a week. Working on getting about a dozen comics up this week and then next week will begin updating on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

"What is this comic about?"

- Just real life commentary and satire... some jokes and humorous events that we experience and decide to orchestrate into the comic.. also looking at starting a series called "If We Directed It" where we make crucial changes to various films in order to improve the cinematic experience or to just poke fun at the movie.

So do check us out and let me know what you think! If you like us I urge you to bookmark the site! If you are a webcomic owner yourself, shoot me an email if you want to work out some kind of mutual advertisement gig. We will update each week, and try our hardest to entertain and enlighten.

Ok so maybe just entertain.

Zipper Accident

You will laugh.

You will cry.

You will probably want to get tested.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
Re: Zipper Accident
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2008, 19:28 »

Strong start!  I am sure that your artwork will get better with time, but the writing is pretty strong!  Keep it up!

Bad

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2008, 19:59 »

Thanks so much! Keep checkin' up on us, we update at least 3 times a week!

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2008, 21:01 »

FYI: We have a thread for plugging your comics.
(I haven't gotten around to reading yours yet, but I'll do it for sure tomorrow)

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2008, 23:53 »

PQ4 is right!  Locking this thread.

For what it's worth though, your art style looks totally different to the two webcomics you mentioned that people bring up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up