THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 09:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: The Official "WTF MERCH!" Thread  (Read 269852 times)

nikkirawr

• Not quite a lurker
Re: The Official "WTF MERCH!" Thread
« Reply #550 on: 02 Apr 2010, 03:35 »

I ordered last January and haven't had any feedback in almost 8 months, now.  Again, my transaction number is 8JT52637XC654491V.

girl_withno_name

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #551 on: 21 Apr 2010, 04:38 »

Today marks 15 months since I placed an order for QC merchandise and over two months since the latest correspondence, followed by yet another breakdown in communication and still no t-shirts despite one being posted "tomorrow"... in February 2010 and December 2009... promises to send them out in September 2009 ... and posted "in the next couple of days" in June 2009! That's sure is one hell of a postal strike!

fauxpasiii

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #552 on: 19 May 2010, 14:41 »

Ordered 24 November 2008, still waiting for a response.  Transaction ID is 01P934149L992590M.

VicDor

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #553 on: 03 Jul 2010, 06:07 »

So i finally have some extra funs to buy myself and the lady some QC shirts but Pint Size with the Flying V isnt available!!! is it coming back??? because thats the only one i really really want, although everything is ruined forever is classy.

anyway, bring back Pint Size w/ Guitar!!! maybe make it a Les Paul or something.

oh and i saw somebody with a QC t-shirt at school the other day, i was gunna say hi but he got eaten by an allosaurus.

Pintsize Guitar and Hobocore shirts!!! Please bring them back!!!
Also, may I suggest the Baking Science aprons be available in black and/or white.
« Last Edit: 03 Jul 2010, 06:11 by VicDor »
<Clever and funny quote>

Oerdin

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #554 on: 05 Jul 2010, 01:30 »

Why did Jeff do a cookie cthulhu comic without first mass producing a t-shirt like this?

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=3PS-COOKIE&Category_Code=3PS

DorkRawk

• Not quite a lurker
    • Dinosaurs Eat Everybody
« Reply #555 on: 08 Jul 2010, 09:40 »

I would really like to see some Coffee of Doom/QC coffee mugs.  I already have a shirt on, but holding hot coffee in my cupped hands is proving to be painful and inefficient!  I need a practical solution adorned with witty text/funny pictures!
Mount Saint Awesome - a comic about rock and roll and everything else
The American Autumn (my band)
Dinosaurs Eat Everybody

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #556 on: 08 Jul 2010, 17:37 »

Well, he might have a hard tme with the mugs, versions exist...

http://www.cafepress.com.au/+oo_mug,44035061
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #557 on: 08 Jul 2010, 21:15 »

Why did Jeff do a cookie cthulhu comic without first mass producing a t-shirt like this?

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=3PS-COOKIE&Category_Code=3PS
he already has a cookie based shirt. any more and critical mass will be reached!
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

nikkirawr

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #558 on: 14 Jul 2010, 10:34 »

Posting here is beginning to seem utterly pointless.  I still have an outstanding order from January 2009.  I have contacted you guys numerous times, and even made a desperate attempt on twitter, which actually resulted in a response.  However, Cristi told me to email her with the info, which I did, and it was ignored.  All contact after that, by email, twitter, etc was ignored.  It's come to the point where I am fed up and offended to be honest.  I don't read QC as regularly as I used to because I feel that being a fan means nothing to you guys.  I refuse to buy any of the new merch because you neglected to resolve my outstanding order.  Sure I'm only one fan, and you may feel I am expendable as I don't have my own successful webcomic or online column (http://bit.ly/9Qhqhw), but it's really a slap in the face to neglect one of the fans who tried to support you.

innermoppet

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Call me El Conquistador
    • Profoundly Shallow
« Reply #559 on: 13 Sep 2010, 21:17 »

No complaints. I ordered from Topataco just a few weeks back. I rush ordered a "She Blinded Me With Library Science" tote for my friend who just got her masters  in Library Science. I also ordered the seasons print. The company was fast, friendly and sent me some pretty amusing emails. The tote was perfect. The Seasons print had a ding in it, but it wasn't very expensive and was otherwise nice, so I didn't complain about it.

I was pretty impressed with the service and I'll probably order from them again. I hope it's okay to post this here. No complaints, just happy with my order.
Sam: So let me get this straight. You want to drive all the way to Cicero just to hook up with some random chick?
Dean: She was a yoga teacher. That was the bendiest weekend of my life!

-Supernatural-

girl_withno_name

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #560 on: 15 Sep 2010, 08:41 »

Nearly 20 months since I placed my order and still nothing has arrived. Even the empty promises of "we'll be sending out your products soon" have stopped.

20 months... in that time I've lived in four different houses (i.e. I've moved three times), completed the remainder of my degree and secured a permanent job! Cristi and Jeph haven't even managed to send out some t-shirts!

I agree with Nikkirawr that our attempts at this point are probably futile, but I don't believe I should simply resign myself to never receiving their end of a contractual agreement  :-(

kozmonaut

• Not quite a lurker
    • FTA Files
« Reply #561 on: 01 Oct 2010, 07:22 »

Still waiting almost two years later for my shirt, she blinded me with library science. Orderd an XL to my paypal ( i can give the paypal email to a mod) this was two merchants ago, will i ever get my shirt?

kozmonaut

• Not quite a lurker
    • FTA Files
« Reply #562 on: 11 Oct 2010, 15:11 »

Oh well, i guess I will never get this shirt, and fuck qc, if you guys dont care about paying customers, Im totally done with yoru whack ass comic.

Dliessmgg

• Scrabble hacker
  • Here's looking at you, kid.
« Reply #563 on: 11 Oct 2010, 22:55 »

You may get a response if you bug Jeph on his twitter.
Quote from: KharBevNor
Please keep your opinions in your opinion-hole.
twittr // bloggr // tumblr

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #564 on: 15 Oct 2010, 22:50 »

I'm not sure that either of them check the forum regularly (and Jeph seems to secretly loathe its existence) so posting in here is probably more for group support than customer support.

As of this post, the last time Cristi's account (Pengraffe) logged in was mid-August. link
Jeph logged in more recently, on October 14( link). However, that might have been for the server move. (If he does purposely ignore the QC Discussion forum, I can't say I blame him for that.)

Letting off steam in here does make you feel better, but email would be better for fixing the actual problem.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2010, 23:27 by bicostp »

girl_withno_name

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #565 on: 20 Oct 2010, 00:24 »

Letting off steam in here does make you feel better, but email would be better for fixing the actual problem.

Believe me, e-mail doesn't help either... I've sent around 40 e-mails to Cristi/Jeph and had 4 replies, all of which have stated over the last 18 months that the merchandise will be in the post soon and still I've received nothing. I believe that letting off steam is all we have left!

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #566 on: 20 Oct 2010, 09:01 »

I hafta admit that I am at the verge of offering to reimburse you on their behalf, for reasons that I shall not explain in this here thread, because I do not feel like boring the forum with a lengthy dissertation.
I feel your pain, but I also think that it is rather embarrassing to spread it all out over the Intarwubs.

Quote from: Is it cold in here?:
Some things are most easily explained by the hypothesis that it's just a fictional comedy with things exaggerated for comic effect. However, this explanation is too boring for us to accept it just because it's true.

tom103

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #567 on: 25 Oct 2010, 01:54 »

I'm so glad the QC book is out, I've been waiting for it for so long...

However, there's just a problem : I live in France, and the cheapest option to have the book shipped to my place costs more than $13... almost the price of the book ! And it comes with this reassuring notice :
USPS International First Class is frequently quite slow and completely unpredictable. About 2% of orders shipped using this method never make it to their destination.

I just checked the shipping rates for Europe on Amazon.com, it's only $3.99... So Jeph, if you read this, please sell your book via Amazon, and I'll be happy to buy it :)

jackmort

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #568 on: 25 Oct 2010, 05:28 »

It's the same for me if I buy any merch, I end up paying the same again in postage
not that I'm complaining, I certainly couldn't get a t-shirt across the Atlantic any more cheaply
just when you think things are never going to get better, they suddenly get worse

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #569 on: 25 Oct 2010, 06:03 »

You could always come over here to a convention Jeph is attending, buy it from him, then head home.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

jackmort

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #570 on: 25 Oct 2010, 06:12 »

I don't think that would be cheaper than the postage :|
If I do ever go on holiday to America I'd be a fool not to attend a comic convention

alternatively the Americans could all fly to England and have a convention here? It would suit the lazy/poor fans like me
just when you think things are never going to get better, they suddenly get worse

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #571 on: 25 Oct 2010, 14:31 »

Not to mentione helping the economy over there. 

Oh, wait...

TheoGB

• Plantmonster
    • http://www.ishotthedeputy.com
« Reply #572 on: 26 Oct 2010, 00:12 »

With regards to 'volume one', looking at the TopatoCo site:
http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=QC-VOLUMEONE&Category_Code=QC
One image shows 'Original Versions' but there's no mention of this. So does it contain the redrawn versions of all 300 plus the original versions? It looks like it might.

Aegir

« Reply #573 on: 26 Oct 2010, 00:43 »

I think Jeph redrew only the comics for which no hi-res versions exist.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #574 on: 26 Oct 2010, 00:57 »

Actually, I think he redrew EVERY one of the first 300 comics (which, I assume, means the "actual" ones and not the guest strips) and put it in there with the originals.

EDIT: My copy of QCVI has LEFT THE BUILDING!
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2010, 00:59 by jwhouk »
Just another Joe like 46

XeroSKill

« Reply #575 on: 26 Oct 2010, 05:53 »

Now only if there was a hard cover version, i would of shelled out some major cash if jeph made a hard cover version.

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #576 on: 26 Oct 2010, 06:03 »

So, shell out the cash to have it rebound.  It'll be unique! 

And I'm sure for a little more cash, Jeph would be happy to draw a dust jacket for you. 

Team Venture

• Not quite a lurker
  • octopuses, octopi, and octopodes
« Reply #577 on: 26 Oct 2010, 11:40 »

What's with the rotund yelling bird? It's just like the fat T-Rex from Dinosaur Comics. I would definitely have bought them both if they had been regular-looking plush versions of the characters. But I think the round versions are kind of dumb looking, and almost unrecognizable.

I'm sure someone out there bought them both, and wouldn't have if they hadn't been all fat and round, so it's not like my little opinion really makes a difference, but still. Figured I'd put it out there, and see if anyone else feels the same.

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #578 on: 26 Oct 2010, 11:43 »

Hey man Yelling Bird and T-rex really do look like that, Jeph and Ryan are just not good enough artists to draw them in their properly rotund forms

It's kind of a sore subject
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #579 on: 26 Oct 2010, 13:54 »

All I want is someone to show PROOF that they bought a Yelling Bird Squishable.
Just another Joe like 46

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #580 on: 26 Oct 2010, 16:24 »

PIX PLZ

TheoGB

• Plantmonster
« Reply #581 on: 27 Oct 2010, 00:11 »

Actually, I think he redrew EVERY one of the first 300 comics (which, I assume, means the "actual" ones and not the guest strips) and put it in there with the originals.

EDIT: My copy of QCVI has LEFT THE BUILDING!

Must have been the first 300: That redraw he put up on this week was number 273 or something.

Also, was it about hi-res? I assumed a large part of it was just how much his drawing skills have improved over the years.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #582 on: 27 Oct 2010, 01:17 »

At one stage he said he would need to redraw about 30 strips.  That may have changed a bit, but I can't imagine that he would have found the time to redraw many more.

Anyway someone should be able to tell us today, I guess (not me, as I'm over the sea).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

TheoGB

• Plantmonster
« Reply #583 on: 27 Oct 2010, 09:54 »

At one stage he said he would need to redraw about 30 strips.  That may have changed a bit, but I can't imagine that he would have found the time to redraw many more.

Anyway someone should be able to tell us today, I guess (not me, as I'm over the sea).

Well he must have done. Unless http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1781 is just going to stick out like a mega sore thumb. He's very quick at drawing, or at least I get the impression it is. The scripting seems to be the thing he finds hardest (don't blame him) so I'd guess redrawing old ones isn't nearly as time consuming.

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #584 on: 27 Oct 2010, 10:01 »

And since I am one sea (albeit a small one) further than Paul, it won't be me either.
He's very quick at drawing, or at least I get the impression it is.
What I've seen on UStream concurs with Theo's assumption.
Some things are most easily explained by the hypothesis that it's just a fictional comedy with things exaggerated for comic effect. However, this explanation is too boring for us to accept it just because it's true.

Evandavis

• Not quite a lurker
    • Evan's blog of whatever is going on
« Reply #585 on: 27 Oct 2010, 11:19 »

Well, WHOEVER gets it needs to tell the rest of us if they're all redrawn. That's the one thing I want to know before I order my copy.

peterh

• Furry furrier
  • stoopit forrinner
« Reply #586 on: 27 Oct 2010, 12:05 »

Well, WHOEVER gets it needs to tell the rest of us if they're all redrawn. That's the one thing I want to know before I order my copy.

Why?

Evandavis

• Not quite a lurker
    • Evan's blog of whatever is going on
« Reply #587 on: 27 Oct 2010, 12:30 »

Why?
I don't know, I guess it'd be kind of cool to have the strips in both original and newer style. Plus as Theo said up above, just one or two redrawings would look pretty weird.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #588 on: 27 Oct 2010, 14:38 »

299 is the last one in the book.  

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

And he included a B&W short story featuring Marten & Faye that he gave out at ConnectiCon 2004!

EDIT: The "redone" strips were 1, 2, 3, 6, 51, 64, 258, 259 and 260. He also "colored" strip 147.

And I feel so special: it says inside the "print date" is November, 2010! :-D
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2010, 14:48 by jwhouk »
Just another Joe like 46

TheoGB

• Plantmonster
« Reply #589 on: 28 Oct 2010, 01:18 »

299 is the last one in the book.  

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

And he included a B&W short story featuring Marten & Faye that he gave out at ConnectiCon 2004!

EDIT: The "redone" strips were 1, 2, 3, 6, 51, 64, 258, 259 and 260. He also "colored" strip 147.

And I feel so special: it says inside the "print date" is November, 2010! :-D

Oh okay. So the 'Original Versions' page you can see in the catalogue page is just the spread of the ones he redrew so you could go back to them. It seems weird that only those would have been 'lost' as hi-res versions.

nichidani

• nrrd grrl.
    • myspace.
« Reply #590 on: 28 Oct 2010, 21:13 »

Not all of the strips are re-drawn. Only the ones for which there is no original hi-res... all in all about 6 or so strips? Maybe 10? I ordered my book as soon as it went up and I read through it last night. All in all I am not disappointed, it would have been super awesome if every strip was redrawn though. I can only imagine how long that would take, though.
kittens!

Beaten by Nuns

• Plantmonster
« Reply #591 on: 29 Oct 2010, 02:06 »

I got my book in the mail today, it's awesome.

Jeph re-drew 9 of the original strips because he could not find the original hi-rez versions. On the first 2 pages, he includes the original low-rez versions and the re-drawn ones appear in order after that. The re-drawn comics are numbers 1, 2, 3, 6, 51, 64, 258, 259, and 260. Every comic has some commentary at the bottom of each strip.

In the very back, there is a short mini-comic that he gave away in 2004 at ConnetiCon - the very first con he ever exhibited at. The comic is called "Let's Go to a Show!" and is about Marten and Faye going to  local indie rock show. This is the first time he has ever re-printed this comic anywhere.

Comics included are 1-299

That's about it. Good read.

zyzzyr

« Reply #592 on: 08 Nov 2010, 07:49 »

Does anyone know what happened to the "white text on a black t shirt" shirt?  I was going to get one for a friend for Christmas but it seems to be no longer there :(

Beaten by Nuns

• Plantmonster
« Reply #593 on: 09 Nov 2010, 00:30 »

Read Jeph's bottom comment on this comic, that should clear up the t-shirt debacle for you:

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1783

Also... I know I'm not the only one thinking this, but I guess I'll be the asshole to ask it... When's the NEXT book coming out?!?!  :-D

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #594 on: 09 Nov 2010, 06:16 »

And PLEASE let it be where he's not going to go at his current pace of number of strips per book... it'll take six more books just to get up to Hanner's "Pretend Date" arc.
Just another Joe like 46

Carl-E

• Awakened
« Reply #595 on: 09 Nov 2010, 07:21 »

Well, he's got to make those mortgage payments, you know...

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #596 on: 09 Nov 2010, 15:54 »

More strips in book = more you can charge per copy = happy fanbase. Problem solved.  :-D
Just another Joe like 46

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #597 on: 09 Nov 2010, 16:06 »

When's the NEXT book coming out?!?!

FWIW he did put at the end: "See you soon in Volume 2".
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #598 on: 14 Nov 2010, 21:14 »

Slightly off topic: anyone having issues with the ustream feed?
Just another Joe like 46

Streetwise

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #599 on: 16 Nov 2010, 00:41 »

Slightly? >.>

(no, no issues here)

Well, the book is awesome, and the "I'm best at what I Dooooo..." T-Shirt is a big hit at work. (super-fantastic)

I sort of wish that all of the art had been redone, but I suppose I understand that it would be insane amounts of work....  :-(

ah well, the comments were fun to read, and the ones that were redone were great :-) well worth the purchase if you haven't already!
Damn, it's cold!
You misspelled intelligent. OH THE IRONY. OH THE PSYDUCK!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up