THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 17:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: The Official "WTF MERCH!" Thread  (Read 272016 times)

jblacq

• Not quite a lurker
Re: The Official "WTF MERCH!" Thread
« Reply #350 on: 05 Apr 2009, 20:03 »

Just to be sure: Is there supposed to be a "your order was sent today" e-mail or something? Cause Jeff told me in a mail he would send the stuff out the next day but I haven't received a confirmation e-mail - is that normal?

I got an e-mail from USPS with a tracking number when they sent mine out. However, the tracking information was never updated. It said (and still says):
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on March 24, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

However, I still got my shirts so I'm happy.  :lol:

Shaolin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #351 on: 05 Apr 2009, 22:28 »

Huh, alright. Since I live in Europe though USPS might not handle the delivery. I'll just wait a few more days before I start to bug Jeph again. :-P
This is a public service announcement...
With guitar!

Ivaness

• Plantmonster
  • Unoccupied.
« Reply #352 on: 08 Apr 2009, 17:20 »

Glad to hear that you got your order, J!

Still waiting for mine, lol.
*Proud Momma of an Autistic Son*

rachel724

« Reply #353 on: 11 Apr 2009, 23:30 »

I GOT MY SHIRT!  THANK YOU! IT'S PERFECT!  And it's just in time.  I can put off doing laundry for another day!

JellieBellie

• Not quite a lurker
  • jelllz
« Reply #354 on: 14 Apr 2009, 09:55 »

happy happy days
my order shipped today
i am ecstatic

christi, sorry about my declaration of love. it was 6 am in ol' nl!
(meanwhile guys i got my confirmation at like 5 am so i think they're really going at it trying to get them all out :-))

Ivaness

• Plantmonster
  • Unoccupied.
« Reply #355 on: 14 Apr 2009, 20:01 »

Mk, Jeph. I've done really good by not harassing ya! ^^ But, I was wondering if it would be possible for you to give me some sort of status on mah shirt.

I need everyone to know that everything is ruined forever... THEY WILL NEVER KNOW WITHOUT THIS SHIRT!  :)

Much love?

Sparkster

« Reply #356 on: 18 Apr 2009, 01:17 »

Long time lurker here.

I'm posting to see if I could get told the status of my shirts.

I ordered in Jan 19th for 3 shirts.  I have now lost my Paypal ref. but can tell you just about everything else of my order.

I understand its been quite tough for you two.

Tari

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #357 on: 20 Apr 2009, 12:43 »

Hello Jeph,

Itīs been three weeks since you sent me an email, that you wanted to look after the order that afternoon. :(
Did you find out anything?

JellieBellie

• Not quite a lurker
  • jelllz
« Reply #358 on: 21 Apr 2009, 20:28 »

If it helps, i ordered at about the same time as you and mine just shipped  last week. so with the conference and stuff, i'm sure yours will be on the way soon!

Long time lurker here.

I ordered in Jan 19th for 3 shirts.  I have now lost my Paypal ref. but can tell you just about everything else of my order.

karmablock

« Reply #359 on: 27 Apr 2009, 01:18 »

If it helps, i ordered at about the same time as you and mine just shipped  last week. so with the conference and stuff, i'm sure yours will be on the way soon!

Long time lurker here.

That is about the time I ordered mine and I still haven't gotten it. I would like to get it before I move in june.

Shaolin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #360 on: 27 Apr 2009, 14:53 »

Jeph, about a month ago you told me you would ship my stuff the next day. Since I live in Europe the delivery time from then to now is still within normal parameters. But I would just like to hear a little "Yes, we have shipped your package, it's in the hands of the mail company now." Then I could just blame it on them and haunt them with phonecalls and stuff. And if it's not possible or too much work to look my little order up in your paperwork, I would also understand, you'd just need to tell me. But please tell me something. :D
With guitar!

JellieBellie

• Not quite a lurker
  • jelllz
« Reply #361 on: 28 Apr 2009, 09:51 »

well mine came today :D

weeeeeeeeee
and that's with clearing customs and making it to the east coat of newfoundland
did i mention weeeeeeeeee?

Long time lurker here.

That is about the time I ordered mine and I still haven't gotten it. I would like to get it before I move in june.

TheTank

« Reply #362 on: 28 Apr 2009, 16:29 »

It's been five months since I ordered -- this is for the U.S. Jeph almost never responds to emails. I can never find Cristi on AIM.

Is this normal? Am I the only one who thinks this is incredibly fucking unprofessional?

luralee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #363 on: 28 Apr 2009, 18:17 »

If you figure out how to get Jeph's attention, let me know.  I am toying with the idea of a Better Business Bureau complaint (wish I had checked out what BBB had to say BEFORE I ordered) or an internet fraud complaint.  I wouldn't be so upset if Jeph would just respond to one of my e-mails and say my order is in process.  Just to reassure me that my order hasn't gotten totally lost.

I just wanted to support an artist whose work I liked, and have a couple of cool shirts, you know?  Maximize happiness all around?  Instead I get the feeling my order is one tiny bit of irritation in a vast ocean of irritation to Jeph. 

I got more happiness and felt more appreciated buying a $2.00 soda from a convenience store the other morning.  The guy told me that my coming in was "a blessing."  He was sincerely grateful for the business.  You bet I will be going back there again.   Got a lot fewer dollars these days and you bet I am only gonna spend them where I am appreciated.

UTAlan

• Plantmonster
  • Hookem Horns!
    • My QC Site
« Reply #364 on: 28 Apr 2009, 21:15 »

I understand your frustration, but try to be understanding. I guarantee you Jeph isn't ignoring you, try to have some patience. Posting here and sending him emails seem to be the best way to get a hold of him and determine the status of your order. Complaining isn't going to motivate him to work any harder for you.

Tari

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #365 on: 29 Apr 2009, 04:45 »

I also think that Jeph ist trying hard - or at least, I hope he does. But Iīm waiting for my order since seven months. Itīs hard not to loose patience...

Ivaness

• Plantmonster
  • Unoccupied.
« Reply #366 on: 29 Apr 2009, 16:43 »

I also think that Jeph ist trying hard - or at least, I hope he does. But Iīm waiting for my order since seven months. Itīs hard not to loose patience...
Of course it's hard to keep patience. :(  I haven't been waiting 7 months (only since Janurary) and I find myself short.

I'm just worried about my move (of course, its in June) and if it hasn't been in by then - would it be possible for me to give them a different address?

Just keep hoping for the best, guys! ^_^ They also have lives and unexpected things come up.

Shaolin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #367 on: 29 Apr 2009, 17:32 »

I'm just worried about my move (of course, its in June) and if it hasn't been in by then - would it be possible for me to give them a different address?

I gave Jeph a different address, when he replied to a few of my e-mails a few weeks ago, he said he changed it, no problem. :)
With guitar!

luralee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #368 on: 29 Apr 2009, 19:48 »

First of all, telling me that complaining isn't going to get my order any faster does nothing to make me feel better.  I've sold to thousands of customers,and I would never have dreamed of saying that to someone when delayed in giving them their order.  It feels like you're putting the blame on the customer.  Jeph told Random832 that he didn't appreciate some random stranger from the internet telling him (Jeph) how to do his job.  That wasn't me, but Random832 eloquently summed up what I, and perhaps others had been thinking.

Second of all,I have no idea how many orders are still outstanding, but I have some clues.  On 1/26  Penngraffe said that she would send e-mails to everyone whose shirts had not been shipped by 2/1. That makes me think that it was a reasonable enough number that sending the emails would be doable.  I never received any such E-mail,and I suspect it never went out.  Surely the number has been greatly reduced since then.  On 3/23 Jeph said that the problem orders were a small part of the total number of orders that had been fulfilled.  Also, on 3/23 Jeph said that all orders through December had been taken care of, but TheTank has had an outstanding order for 5 months,and Tari has had an outstanding order for 7 months. That means that some orders HAVE been falling through the cracks.  So, we plaintive customers who have been asking for some sort of feedback might actually have a point.

I have no idea how many of us stragglers are out there, but I suspect it is less than 500. If is is more than 500, than Jeph has over  $10,000 worth of unhappy customers out there.  If Jeph spends an average of 3 minutes sending e-mails, each by each, to 500 stragglers, that would be 25 hours of work. Which seems like a lot, but consider, Tari has been waiting for 7 months and has NO IDEA if Jeph even knows s/he exists.  Plus, I am sure Jeph, being smarter than me, could work up a more efficient way of doing a mass response that would take less time.  In any case, the 3 minutes would save Jeph time in the long run, because then we would know we are in the pipeline, and could pipe down while legitimately lost souls can e-mail Jeph and have some hope of being heard. The volume of inquiries goes down, Jeph's anxiety level goes down, my blood pressure goes down, and everyone is happy.  Jeph, for any order that has not yet gone to the printers, I would strongly advise that you give the customer the option of taking a refund & ordering through Topatoco.  Remember, you are trying to work yourself out of the T-shirt business.

TheTank

« Reply #369 on: 30 Apr 2009, 15:55 »

So, I made a post at comics.reddit, to enlist their help in getting Jeph's attention.

Anyone want to toss an upmod my way? I'd really appreciate the assistance....

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/comics/comments/8gvxl/its_been_five_months_since_i_ordered_my_shirts/

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #370 on: 30 Apr 2009, 16:04 »

We're still mopping up. Expect a more detailed/useful post from Cristi about this shortly.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

estabrookette

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #371 on: 02 May 2009, 17:30 »

Hello!  My husband ordered me an "I feel pretty" t-shirt on January 16th.  The receipt number is: 4036-4133-0355-5226, and the email address he used to order is estabrookster (at) gmail (dot) com.  We haven't heard anything yet about the order, and we're starting to get worried because we're getting ready to move in a month or so. 

I would really appreciate any update you can give me.  Thank you!
Fornit some fornus.

Tari

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #372 on: 08 May 2009, 02:39 »

It would be nice to know what "shortly" means. Its been another week since you wrote here. I donīt want to put pressure on you, and I donīt want to get mad. But it would be nice if you would put yourself in my place for a moment.  Its been nearly seven Months since I sent my order, which should be here - after your own words - at Christmas. I got an email from you a month ago - after various emails I sent to you in the last 4-5 months that you would check that day. But nothing happened again after that. As far as I do recognize the other posts in this forum, everyone else who ordered around the same time as me got their orders finally. Which makes it sure for me that you are, or were mopping up, and I do not want to say that youīre doing nothing. But after all the time Iīm keeping up in the forum, sending emails and all, and nothing happens, one gets impatient.

motionsickness

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #373 on: 10 May 2009, 08:35 »

hey Jeph, I posted on here awhile ago about not getting my t-shirts that were ordered on November 25th and you said you would get back to me if I emailed you, but you never got back to me. My receipt number was 4671-4562-7697-7158, hopefully we can get this sorted out!

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #374 on: 11 May 2009, 13:33 »

Here is what I know, currently:

if you're still waiting on an order, that means we're waiting to get our final batch of non-Topatoco-owned t-shirts from our printer. As soon as we have those, we'll fill the few remaining orders.

I'll ask Cristi to post something more detailed if that doesn't fully explain it.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Shaolin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #375 on: 11 May 2009, 15:03 »

Alright, thanks for the update, I think that helped. :)

But I do think it would also be cool if you (or Cristi) could give individual updates, at least if there are only a handful of people left who are still waiting on pre-Topatoco stuff.
Also, it would be very reassuring for someone from Europe like me if you confirmed that there is indeed a "Your stuff has been sent today" mail, so people know from which point on they can blame and harass the mailman.
With guitar!

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #376 on: 12 May 2009, 22:46 »

We DO send out shipment confirmation emails; if you haven't recieved one, it either means we haven't sent out your stuff or the email got lost in the shuffle somehow.

The shirts are coming in from our printer today, Cristi is going to be sending them out ASAP as soon as we have them.

kozmonaut

• Not quite a lurker
    • FTA Files
« Reply #377 on: 20 May 2009, 03:51 »

been 4 months, still have not received my shirt from the old store.

I posted about this a few months ago, can I just get something from the new store?

estabrookette

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #378 on: 20 May 2009, 10:35 »

Jeph,
I think it would make most of us with outstanding pre-Topatoco orders feel better if you would send emails to those of us with unfilled orders saying "we have your order for [random] t-shirt, we're [almost ready to ship, waiting on printer, etc.]."  I'm not asking for anything elaborate, just some confirmation that you at least know that my order is outstanding, and you're working on it.  I would feel much more relaxed, and much less likely to email you guys, if that were to happen.
I know you update occasionally on the merch thread but that doesn't give us any specific information about what is going on in the interim, and it doesn't really help us to know what is going on with individual orders, which I think is the cause of most of the worry.  For example, you said last week that you got shirts in from the printer.  What shirts?  Sizes?  I still haven't received mine; does that mean my order is lost?
I understand that this is a pain in the ass, but a little preventive effort on your part will save you a lot of whining on ours.  Win win?
Fornit some fornus.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #379 on: 20 May 2009, 11:06 »

Actually, not even emails - just saying here what  shirts are coming in would help confirm to people why they were waiting - e.g. "The last Bomb the Blogosphere shirts have just arrived".
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

ThePrettyMonster

• Emoticontraindication
  • :P
« Reply #380 on: 20 May 2009, 23:23 »

i wish to buy a shirt.
i will one day.
when i get a job.
Addicted to QC since August 14th 2007. Thank you, Noelle Wells!

StatSig

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #381 on: 24 May 2009, 11:05 »

Hi.  I've been trying to E-mail qcmerch for months now with no replies, ever since I sent in a shirt for an exchange and never got the exchanged-for shirt back.  I sent in the shirt in early Feb and haven't heard from merch since.  It seems like people are getting better luck here so I'm hoping that maybe I'll at least get a response this way. :-/  For reference, I had ordered a purple LGBTerrific shirt and was trading it in for the same shirt in men's 2XL.  Any chance I could either get a refund or the shirt that I was exchanging for?

Stewey

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #382 on: 26 May 2009, 03:24 »

It feels a bit poor posting in this thread as my first post.

Anyways, I was hoping to celebrate the 1 year mark of not receiving one of the 5 t-shirts I ordered but I realised after looking at my email records it has been 1 year and 2 months now.  :-(

I don't think this will get resolved after this long a wait, i just felt like venting.

I loved the shirts you sent me, excellent quality and they get quite a few puzzled reactions out of people on the street.

Sorry guys, I would like to buy more off you but I can't trust that I will ever receive it.

StatSig

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #383 on: 26 May 2009, 09:16 »

Whether new purchases are "safe" or not, after the total lack of customer service I've received in the past months, I can't see myself buying from the Jacques' again in the future, as much as I love the comic and the shirts.  Especially as I'm still waiting for one.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #384 on: 26 May 2009, 13:13 »

Well, the guy feels burned - it's not surprising that he'll avoid the brand, at least until he's been sorted out.  The fact that the merch is now handled differently, by different people, will cut no ice until then I guess.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Tari

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #385 on: 26 May 2009, 23:29 »

you can't excuse a dude and his lady running a business all on their own to make a mistake every once in a while

I think, all of the people, who write to this thread, asking about their T-shirts without getting angry (which would be completely understandable after paying, and waiting for many months) are excusing jeph and cristy. But I think its normal, that, you wouldnīt want to order again, if you have to wait for over a year and donīt receive what you paid for.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #386 on: 27 May 2009, 11:30 »

the problem, which has now been eliminated

For new customers, yes; but some (like me*) are still waiting for their late orders - and earlier ones in a handful of cases.

* (but I remember that when I last bought it took this long too)

nikkirawr

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #387 on: 27 May 2009, 23:44 »

I almost feel bad posting here, but I've been waiting for my shirt since January.  I've sent several emails without a response, and I'm not sure what else to do.  I ordered a Rockin' Pintsize shirt before they were discontinued.  Here are the details:

Item Name:      Rock Pintsize Ladies' Domestic
Item Options:      Shirt Size: M
Shirt Color: Red
Quantity:      1

Transaction ID:      8JT52637XC654491V
Item Price:      $22.00 USD
Total:      $22.00 USD
Buyer:      Nichole Rodriguez

I'm hoping I could get some kind of feedback soon.  Thanks.

Edit:  Also, my email is nikkirawr[at]gmail[dot]com
« Last Edit: 27 May 2009, 23:46 by nikkirawr »

gamergirl1337

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #388 on: 30 May 2009, 17:03 »

This is my first post...i know horrible way to make a first post...but i need to get my point across some way...

I ordered a Rockin Pintsize tee right before it was going out of print (which was around january 20th) and I have not received it...i have contacted them through the merch email address under many different subjects all usually containing my order number...and for the past (over) 3 months...i have received NO response from them...I really want the shirt, and i understand that their only a select few who are actually doing all of the merch orders and I LOVE QC more then any other comic i have ever seen (both in print and on the net) and I don't want to sound like an ass...but It's just irritating me that i haven't had any responses for over three months!

I can't get the AIM messenger because it messes with my comp too much...i tried it, but the only messenger i can get on my computer is MSN...so IM'ing them is out of the question...If anyone could help i would GREATLY appreciate it!

thanks!

:mrgreen:

estabrookette

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #389 on: 30 May 2009, 18:01 »

I feel your pain.  I'm moving in less than a month, and I'm in basically the same boat as far as not getting any kind of response.  I've been trying various forms of communication for months with no response, including many emails from both me and my husband, checking the forums every day to see if Jeph's actually posted an update, and logging into AIM several times a day to see if they're online.  The best I can offer is that I've never actually seen QCMerch on AIM, so you're not really missing any opportunities.  At this point, I'm thinking they've pretty much washed their hands of the merchandising, so they don't check the qcmerch email addresses or get onto AIM under that screen name.

This really sucks, because worrying about this tshirt nonsense is keeping me from being able to enjoy the comic.  Every time I check QC I just end up getting frustrated because I *still* haven't gotten a reply to any of my emails, and Jeph *still* hasn't posted anything letting us know what's going on.  Please just send me my shirt so I can go back to laughing at QC shenanigans!

That being said, if you hear back let me know!  Good luck!
Fornit some fornus.

girl_withno_name

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #390 on: 01 Jun 2009, 02:47 »

Hi!

I'm posting here in an attempt to get some sort of reply from Jeph or Cristi regarding the status of my four month old order for two t-shirts (order 5DB61763T2440071T). While I absolutely understand that they must be busy and I have tried to be patient... they still have $50 of my money and I have no t-shirts, not even an e-mail to assure me they'll be on the way soon.

Bec

StatSig

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #391 on: 01 Jun 2009, 22:11 »

This really sucks, because worrying about this tshirt nonsense is keeping me from being able to enjoy the comic.  Every time I check QC I just end up getting frustrated because I *still* haven't gotten a reply to any of my emails, and Jeph *still* hasn't posted anything letting us know what's going on.  Please just send me my shirt so I can go back to laughing at QC shenanigans!

Same.  I end up crabby whenever I check the comic now, and it's too bad because it's always been one of my favorites.

E-mailed jephco at mac, since qcmerch at mac never responded.  Been a few days and no response either. 

ETA: Order 5AS81148P6785061Y.  Wtf Jeph. :(

Tari

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #392 on: 02 Jun 2009, 13:11 »

@Jeph: What happened to the more detailed and useful post Chrissi should be posting about your mopping up? You promised that a month ago.

To remind you, I ordered November last year. You wanted to check why I didnīt get my t-shirts while everyone who ordered at the same time as me did get them already - youīve sent me an email (On 01.04.)that you wanted to check that afternoon.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2009, 13:14 by Tari »

karmablock

« Reply #393 on: 02 Jun 2009, 22:34 »

Same.  I end up crabby whenever I check the comic now, and it's too bad because it's always been one of my favorites.

E-mailed jephco at mac, since qcmerch at mac never responded.  Been a few days and no response either. 

ETA: Order 5AS81148P6785061Y.  Wtf Jeph. :(

Yeah same here when I check my twitter and see the character updates. It's like how about you stop f*cking doing fake tweets and mail me my damn shirt.

StatSig

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #394 on: 05 Jun 2009, 18:57 »

Bump.  We're still waiting for answers, Jeph.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #395 on: 05 Jun 2009, 20:54 »

Uh, the thread is stickied. It's not going to go down the page and get lost, so bumping it is going to have no effect whatsoever.
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

karmablock

« Reply #396 on: 08 Jun 2009, 17:41 »

Uh, the thread is stickied. It's not going to go down the page and get lost, so bumping it is going to have no effect whatsoever.

Yeah its not going to do any good cause they don't read this anyway, along with emails.

Shaolin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #397 on: 09 Jun 2009, 09:08 »

Today is the 9th of June, it's been more than 6 (six) months since I ordered my two T-Shirts. Jeph, I don't even want to trouble you with this, I am not mad, I fell through the system, that happens, no problem. But it would be really kind of you to rewire me the money I gave you so long ago. Since I still really want those t-shirts I'm gonna buy them at topatoco right away. Let them handle it. Rewiring me the money should be a lot easier on you than getting the t-shirts and sending them to me. Please do so, I'm begging here. I'm gonna be in frigging England for half a year come September and wanna have this cleared up by then.
With guitar!

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #398 on: 09 Jun 2009, 12:32 »

Our plan was to get everything wrapped up and everybody either refunded or their shirts by the end of this week.

However, Cristi caught some sort of awful bug in NYC and currently has a 102 degree fever, so my time is being split between taking care of her and working on comics stuff. We still aim to get everything sorted out soon. I am sorry this is taking so long.

Shaolin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #399 on: 09 Jun 2009, 18:03 »

Alright, that's something.  :-)
"Get well"-wishes for Cristi, though.
With guitar!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up