THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 21:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: The Official "WTF MERCH!" Thread  (Read 272038 times)

motionsickness

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Re: The Official "WTF MERCH!" Thread
« Reply #400 on: 11 Jun 2009, 11:21 »

Got my shirts, thanks a lot! My parents/family were starting to think you were an internet scam artist and when I tried to explain to them how ludicrous that was they thought that you were a really good one and had brainwashed me. I actually got into a pretty awkward argument about it with my grandmother.

But yeah, thanks!

luralee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #401 on: 12 Jun 2009, 19:11 »

See how brilliant and evil a scam artist Jeph is? Just enough "hey I got my shirt" posts to give us hope that someday our "prints" will come.  (Kidding.  I hope.)
     I am sorry for Cristi. She has the worst luck with her health, especially when she travels.  Or wait- maybe she is allergic to my order?  Quick, get it out of there, so her health can improve!  My goodness, I just realized, since I ordered, Cristi has hurt her hip, had serious flu, and now has gotten sick again.  ITS ALL MY FAULT.  I NEVER WOULD HAVE ORDERED IF I HAD KNOWN WHAT MISERY I WAS UNLEASHING.  Please forgive me, please get well soon (and please send me my shirts).

Ivaness

• Plantmonster
  • Unoccupied.
« Reply #402 on: 14 Jun 2009, 13:06 »

I haven't heard hide nor hair of my order... :(
I check my email every day and still nothing.

I honestly hope that I wasn't the order that fell through the cracks...
I will cry.
Great big tears.
*Proud Momma of an Autistic Son*

EllJayusMaximus

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #403 on: 16 Jun 2009, 21:24 »

I understand sometimes life gets in the way of 7-month old T-shirt orders... but I'm very disappointed that I haven't even received an automated response from the merch address just to let me know it's actually getting through. You know, something in the order of "life sucks right now but your message was received and will be read by a human being by 2011," or somesuch. I'm trying not to be too bitter or snarky, but it really is poor customer service when the only information available (outside the forum) is "keep emailing this address" with no sign it's even being received. The sad truth is that at this point, I'm more than a little leery about ordering in the future.

BinDerSmokDat

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #404 on: 16 Jun 2009, 22:19 »

I ordered an XXL Bearsball shirt in Tahitian Treat red 9 seconds ago and I have not received it yet. Please research my order ASAP! I'm traveling in bear country this summer and I need some way of letting the bears know I'm "OK" beside smearing honey on my pulse points. Thank you.

Pypoli

• Plantmonster
« Reply #405 on: 19 Jun 2009, 02:40 »

Hi,
I placed an order with you back in december, and i have had no news since the one email you sent me in january saying you were still waiting on more t-shirts to arrive.
I would really like to have some news of my order, especially considering i spent 170$ on it.
My Paypal receipt number was 2502-6369-0606-4522.

girl_withno_name

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #406 on: 22 Jun 2009, 23:54 »

So this morning I see that there's going to be a new t-shirt for sale soon.... personally I think maybe Jeph should be concentrating on sorting out existing orders before attempting to generate more with new designs (regardless that topaco now deal with the merchandise).

Then againa, maybe I'm biased .... maybe because I've been down $50 for the last 5 months and, so far, am up 0 t-shirts! Oh, and I haven't even had the pleasure of experiencing any correspondence or customer service.

Ciao!

estabrookette

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #407 on: 23 Jun 2009, 07:06 »

Hello Jeph,

I'm adding my voice to the pleas for communication.  I'm sure the "business" side of QC is annoying, which is why you're avoiding it in favor of character tweets and new t-shirt designs, but I don't think any of us are out of line in asking for you to tell us something, anything about our orders.  For example, I sent you a message a little while ago about a new address.  Did you get the message?  Did you change the address on my order?  Do you even have all of the shirts in stock, or are we waiting on the printer?  What happened to getting everything wrapped up at the end of the week, two weeks ago?  I know Cristi was sick, but surely she's feeling better by now.

Please, throw us a bone and let us know what's going on. 
Fornit some fornus.

StatSig

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #408 on: 23 Jun 2009, 11:13 »

So this morning I see that there's going to be a new t-shirt for sale soon.... personally I think maybe Jeph should be concentrating on sorting out existing orders before attempting to generate more with new designs (regardless that topaco now deal with the merchandise).

Yes.  Seriously, take care of the customers that have been waiting for MONTHS for their stuff before churning out more things to sell.

Tari

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #409 on: 23 Jun 2009, 13:31 »

Today, as I checked this forum again, like everyday, I realised that I donīt even believe that anything will happen. Neither do the people, for which I bought the shirts as birthday presents. - As birthday presents around Christmas. Its nearly July now, eight months after I placed my order.
And to be true, I also donīt believe that its impossible to get every orders checked and sent in eight months even if Cristi was sick. I didnīt want to become angry, - and I didnīt.  Iīm nothing but tired of it and very disappointed, because I donīt believe anymore, that you, Jeph, even care about the people who are waiting for their outstanding orders. Sorry to say this.

Pengraffe

• Admin emeritus
  • Emoticontraindication
« Reply #410 on: 24 Jun 2009, 07:02 »

Can y'all just stop blaming this on Jeph? Jeph doesn't ship shirts or answer customer service email or even know how the spreadsheets are made. This is my fault. I'm trying to finish, finally. I had pretty much given up on my email awhile ago because I was having panic attacks every time I looked at my inbox. That is my fault, and not a plea for sympathy. I've finally got pretty much everything in from the printer so more of you should be getting shipping notifications, or refunds if you have requested one. If you've sent a refund request via Paypal, I probably haven't seen it because Mac mail thinks those notifications are spam. When I am in the QC office, I am generally signed on the QCmerch AIM name, but I work for Topatoco during the day, so I am scrounging QC office time. The switch from QC to Topatoco was really poorly handled on my end because I had far too many pending orders and no stock left. Again, Jeph's character tweets or new tshirt designs or music ARE NOT taking him away from sending out your tshirts. It's my fuck up and my mess to clean up.
HONK HONK, I'm a pengraffe.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #411 on: 24 Jun 2009, 18:39 »

And now most of you feel like dicks. This is why you don't have nice things.
Rizzla: Man... I'm only interested in girls who've had penises.
Rizzla: Fuck
Rizzla: I mean girls who have penises.

luralee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #412 on: 24 Jun 2009, 18:40 »

You have my sympathy, you really do.  If I could, I would run right over there to help you. 

But I am not buying that Jeph bears none of the responsibility.  All of his posts have been "I" or "we."  HE made the posts offering the shirts for sale.  The implication was that he would stand behind the sale with his sense of honor and decency.  He HAS made references to shipping shirts, phrased in such a way that it seemed he was personally putting shirts in boxes.  He should not just be leaving you to deal with this all alone.   It really hurts to be waiting on an order while he has time to run off to this or that convention, or "party, party, party!" 

But really, I don't care whose "fault" this is.  I just know that you have had the use of our money for months, interest free.  The decision for you to work at Topatoco while you still had unfulfilled orders was yours. We did not have this information when we ordered.  We were not given the option of retracting our order once you realized that you were overwhelmed.

The really sad part of this is- I came to your site via a link from XKCD.  I had ordered shirts from XKCD with no problem & that gave me the courage to order from you.  However, I have learned my lesson & I will NEVER order from an independent artist unless I know them personally, or know someone who has had success from them.  In other words, if I had come across you first, and then discovered XKCD, I would never had ordered those shirts. I wonder if your poor customer service has inadvertently deprived any other artists of potential sales?

This is not to contribute to your panic attacks or to try to make you feel worse. This is just how I feel, and the plea/hope for a better solution. 

luralee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #413 on: 24 Jun 2009, 19:34 »

I apologize for my poor word choice.  But the truth is, there are very real consequences to the way that things have been handled.  As I said, one consequence may have been to hurt the sales of other artists, unintended though it probably was.  And I was not sure that Jeph has been mindful of that fact.

If my words caused pain, I am sorry.  Panic attacks are neither desired nor helpful.  But there has been plenty of pain to go around, and I was not the primary cause of that pain.

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #414 on: 25 Jun 2009, 00:22 »

So you pass it around, and that is what makes the world go round. I hope at least typing it made you feel a little better.
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

kozmonaut

• Not quite a lurker
    • FTA Files
« Reply #415 on: 25 Jun 2009, 09:22 »

Hello, so i ordered a shirt on Jan 18 2009 and still have not gotten it yet, i am hoping 6 months later i would have received a refund or the shirt already, I dont know if everyone else received their stuff half a year later, but i thought i would say something, i mentioned this 2 months ago and again 4 months ago.. I was going to dispute this, but disputes are lame, can i please just get my shirt already? This is messed up that people can order stuff and never receive it. Yes, I know its just 20.00 but most of the time, since new shirts are always being made, and lots of orders made, it would make sense to ship this fucking stuff.

Shopping Cart Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #03M42118DX658405U)

Business Name:    
   Questionable Content    (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:    
   [email protected]
Payment Sent to:

[email protected]

Shopping Cart Contents

Qty    Item    Options    Price
1    Bomb the Blogosphere Mens' Domestic    Shirt size: Large
   $20.00 USD
Amount     $20.00 USD

Shaolin

• Plantmonster
« Reply #416 on: 25 Jun 2009, 16:26 »

The really sad part of this is- I came to your site via a link from XKCD.  I had ordered shirts from XKCD with no problem & that gave me the courage to order from you.  However, I have learned my lesson & I will NEVER order from an independent artist unless I know them personally, or know someone who has had success from them.  In other words, if I had come across you first, and then discovered XKCD, I would never had ordered those shirts. I wonder if your poor customer service has inadvertently deprived any other artists of potential sales?

What the hell man? You are seriously drawing the wrong conclusions here. What you are saying is like "Uh, that pizza I ate yesterday gave me a real bad stomache ache, I will never eat pizza again. From any pizza place, in any country.
Yeah, both Jeph and Randall are independent artists and both sell t-shirts, but just because you didn't get your order in time here from Jeph/Christi doesn't mean you should never buy anything from any independent artist ever again. That's just messed up logic.

And for the "or I know someone who has had success from them" part - loads of people have gotten their shirts. Loads. This is the "WTF MERCH!" thread, of course there are people in here complaining. Just keep in mind that there are tons of people out there who did get their shirts/merch.
This is a public service announcement...
With guitar!

luralee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #417 on: 26 Jun 2009, 05:10 »

"What you are saying is like "Uh, that pizza I ate yesterday gave me a real bad stomache ache, I will never eat pizza again. From any pizza place, in any country."

No , I think a better analogy is - I tried to get some wild honey, (famous for its awsomeness), and ended up stung by a bee.  And discovered I was allergic to bees.  And my hand swelled up to twice its normal size.  And I resolved that from then on, I would only buy honey in those nice, safe prepackaged jars.  From a trusted source, or one that was vouched for by a trusted source.

To take and torture your pizza analogy, it is as if I ordered pizza online (and for purposes of the plot had to prepay) from "Joe's Artistic Pizza."  And the pizza never came.  And no one answered the phone.  And the website did not respond to my queries. So finally I go to Joe's, and there is Pizza Girl, working just as fast as she can, but all by herself.  And she has a full time job on top of working for Joe.  And she is as apologetic as she can be, but she cannot get you your pizza right now, nor even a refund.  You will get your pizza - someday - and gee why are you upset?  The majority of people who ordered got their pizza - eventually.  Where is Joe?  Oh, he just did the initial incredibly artistic design of the pizza.  He is too busy doing incredibly artistic things to put pizzas in boxes.  So, if from then on I only get Pizza from places that offer dine-in or carryout - can you blame me?

estabrookette

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #418 on: 26 Jun 2009, 09:50 »

Cristi,

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but one of the reasons I was directing comments to Jeph is because, of the two of you, he's the one who has been using the forums to communicate of late.  The last time you posted here was 5 months ago, almost to the day, and it was a post that you didn't actually follow through on.  So it seemed like Jeph was taking at least some responsibility for t-shirt back orders.  However, I apologize to Jeph for misunderstanding the chain of merch-command, and I promise to stop being bitter about non-back order activities on Jeph's part.

Now that you're back, can we keep the streak going?  How about those emails to everyone with outstanding orders?  Can you please tell me if you got my updated address?  The email address for the order is estabrookster (at) gmail.com.

Thank you.
Fornit some fornus.

Phantom

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
    • http://empty-phantom-stock.deviantart.com
« Reply #419 on: 26 Jun 2009, 22:19 »

I'm sorry for all the crankiness. I ordered some items in Jan. Whenever you can get around to sending them is okay with me, I was just worried that my order had somehow got lost by the pay pal people. Those crazies think my address doesn't exist when they've sent items there before.

Just in case, my order # is 491978385U039770E

I hope all is well. Really, I do.

karmablock

« Reply #420 on: 30 Jun 2009, 23:35 »

So whats going to be the excuse this month for not shipping out the shirts?

estabrookette

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #421 on: 02 Jul 2009, 04:40 »

haha!  I like the conspiracy theory.
Fornit some fornus.

Pypoli

• Plantmonster
« Reply #422 on: 03 Jul 2009, 11:43 »

Everyone else has gotten their shirts now, karmablock, these are all alt accounts - why do you think they've all got such low post counts? They're just messing with you. You're literally the only one without a t-shirt by now.

And to top it off, Jeph and Cristi made your specific PayPal check a donation to the British National Party.

Or, we could be wondering if we have a better chance to get an answer here rather than through email and don't really have the time/motivation (even though we all love the comic) to actually bother reading/replying to the other threads in the forum.

luralee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #423 on: 05 Jul 2009, 06:34 »

(Green Sleeves)

Alas, Q C you do me wrong
To brush me off discourteously,
For I have waited, oh, so long
For my T-shirts to come to me.

Three Ts, I have been sold,
Three T-shirts for my delight.
For Three Ts I paid my gold,
And where,oh where are my own three Ts?

Pypoli

• Plantmonster
« Reply #424 on: 06 Jul 2009, 02:32 »

It wasn't intended at criticism, it just fit in nicely with the joke. No offense intended!

I think the whole thing is a lot more humorous when you haven't been waiting 8 months and sent 10 emails since the last time you heard anything about your order  :roll:

Pypoli

• Plantmonster
« Reply #425 on: 07 Jul 2009, 10:39 »

Of course I understand that it's frustrating, but, you know. It really ain't that big a thing, considering how little a t-shirt actually means to anyone ever.  I think it's pretty amusing how people are all "NEVER GON BUY FROM INDIE SHOPS AGAIN, FROM NOW ON I WILL ONLY EVER EAT AT MCDONALD'S CAUSE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M GETTING MY FOOD >:C" when you're talking about something you bought for your disposable income that costs less than an average weekly coffee budget and whose abscence will have no impact on your life whatsoever, asides from the amount of annoyance you bother to put into it.

I realize I'm being kind of a jerk but seriously complaining will not get you your t-shirt faster and I think everybody's lives would be muchly improved if we didn't get sniffy when someone made a silly joke

I spent 170$. Not your average purchase.

Ivaness

• Plantmonster
  • Unoccupied.
« Reply #426 on: 07 Jul 2009, 18:11 »

I realize I'm being kind of a jerk but seriously complaining will not get you your t-shirt faster
While I speak for no one else, I'm not complaining.
I just want to know the order status. :(
Even YOU have to admit that the customer service leaves much to be desired, and even though mine was only 25$, that's still 25$. I'm extremely happy that I supported QC in some way, since I enjoy reading the comic and I do enjoy parading around in tshirts from things I like. (I own about 5 WoW tshirts, I get comments on them every time. Even my car has a Horde sticker on it. I've gotten honked at AND someone flipped me off. XD)

I own the I FEEL PRETTY tote bag and everyone I've met loves it.

Anyway, off of my babbling... o.o
I bought the shirt back when I had a little extra money to spare and now with my hours being cut at work, I find myself thinking about all the things I didn't have to buy and it's all SHOULDA WOULDA COULDA.
I would just like to have that physical item of my 25$ instead of the thought of it.

I do agree with Estabrookette. Cristi says not to blame Jeph, but it's hard not to when he's said that the last batch or orders had been shipped and everything. :(

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #427 on: 08 Jul 2009, 01:05 »

(I own about 5 WoW tshirts, I get comments on them every time. Even my car has a Horde sticker on it. I've gotten honked at AND someone flipped me off. XD)

I'd probably tag your car with something vulgar. Or just break your window.

Alliance4lyfe

girl_withno_name

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #428 on: 08 Jul 2009, 05:50 »

I actually managed to get an e-mail reply!  :-o
It told me that my order would be going out in the next couple of days, awesome  :-D
That was two weeks ago and still I don't have delivery confirmation or t-shirts. Sad times  :cry:

StatSig

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #429 on: 08 Jul 2009, 21:47 »

I still haven't gotten an E-mail reply. :(

aurenta

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #430 on: 09 Jul 2009, 05:59 »

I've been a relatively quiet lurker around here, just checking in for updates.  However, my current level of vague irritation is rising--I finally got an email from Jeph, in response to my four or five previous attempts, on 5/14 assuring me that the order that I'd placed on 1/17 (approx. 6 months ago!) "should be in the mail soon! Thanks for your patience"

This mollified me for the last month, approximately.  However, if the "last batch of shirts in from our printer" as of 5/14, where the heck is my tote-bag??  And, I also noticed, I said in MY email that I'd ordered a tote-bag, but he responded as if it were a t-shirt.  I was hoping that the batch of shirts also included tote-bags. 

In short, I don't know if getting an email response means anything, after all.  I had been living in the dream that it did, but now... well, I'm still waiting.  And hoping.  And would truly like to get the tote-bag, which is now going to be a Christmas instead of Birthday gift for a friend.

Ivaness

• Plantmonster
  • Unoccupied.
« Reply #431 on: 09 Jul 2009, 06:17 »

(I own about 5 WoW tshirts, I get comments on them every time. Even my car has a Horde sticker on it. I've gotten honked at AND someone flipped me off. XD)

I'd probably tag your car with something vulgar. Or just break your window.

Alliance4lyfe
Now, see... If you would resort to breaking my windows because you're a different faction, you take the game a little too seriously.
Not really a way of life, unless you're one of those kids who runs around trying to hit people with "Hammer of Justice".

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #432 on: 09 Jul 2009, 16:22 »

I was totally making a joke. I don't even know any of the intricacies of that game.
Lets talk about Merch again.

Ivaness

• Plantmonster
  • Unoccupied.
« Reply #433 on: 09 Jul 2009, 19:07 »

I think maybe he is making a joke
Obviously my joke in returned was missed.

karmablock

« Reply #434 on: 11 Jul 2009, 17:35 »

Of course I understand that it's frustrating, but, you know. It really ain't that big a thing, considering how little a t-shirt actually means to anyone ever.  I think it's pretty amusing how people are all "NEVER GON BUY FROM INDIE SHOPS AGAIN, FROM NOW ON I WILL ONLY EVER EAT AT MCDONALD'S CAUSE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M GETTING MY FOOD >:C" when you're talking about something you bought for your disposable income that costs less than an average weekly coffee budget and whose abscence will have no impact on your life whatsoever, asides from the amount of annoyance you bother to put into it.

I realize I'm being kind of a jerk but seriously complaining will not get you your t-shirt faster and I think everybody's lives would be muchly improved if we didn't get sniffy when someone made a silly joke

Its not about how ever much money it was its about feeling ripped off. So why don't you just shut the hell up.

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #435 on: 11 Jul 2009, 18:07 »

o/

Nah but seriously, getting really mad about things doesn't ever help at all ever. Just chill out, grab a soda (or tea, or coffee) and smile. Realize that Jeph is not a bad person and that if he wanted to scam you he'd sell you a way to make thousands a month on google just by posting links.

Ivaness

• Plantmonster
  • Unoccupied.
« Reply #436 on: 11 Jul 2009, 18:21 »

o/

Nah but seriously, getting really mad about things doesn't ever help at all ever. Just chill out, grab a soda (or tea, or coffee) and smile. Realize that Jeph is not a bad person and that if he wanted to scam you he'd sell you a way to make thousands a month on google just by posting links.
Lol.
The ONLY time getting mad helps is if you're A) Trying to frighten the poor unfortunate girls working at the Return desk at Walmart (That may or may not actually help) or B) Talking to a customer service rep at a wireless company. (Which does help!)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #437 on: 12 Jul 2009, 01:15 »

They're probably not coming, but guess what? I don't care, because it was an accident. Things like these happen. Someone made a mistake during their job hours, because absolutely everyone does, and my order fell through in between five hundred others that shipped on time.

Actually, in normal life (including Internet shopping), if a mistake happens, you point it out and they put it right.  That's happened to me a couple of times on the Internet.  But in this case we know (we've been told) there's stuff waiting, and it's still not getting out - and actually I have never had to wait as long for a delivery to be sorted out before in any circumstances.   I ordered on the last day they took direct orders (because the item is not continued); that means that everyone else that is waiting has waited longer than me.

Up to a point, we can wait patiently because we like QC and Jeph, and it's not so cool to hassle people; but actually, it needs to get sorted out, and if Jeph is not the one doing it, perhaps it's time he organised some way to resolve it, because it is being done in his name.  What's more, he'd regain the office space occupied by all the unsent product.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Ivaness

• Plantmonster
  • Unoccupied.
« Reply #438 on: 12 Jul 2009, 04:38 »

What's more, he'd regain the office space occupied by all the unsent product.
I think that Cristi said they were still waiting on some orders from their printing people. And as much as I hate to say it, some of us who are waiting may have been orders that fell through the cracks (AKA lost).

Aegir

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #439 on: 12 Jul 2009, 10:03 »

Has anyone who has ordered a t-shirt from after the conversion to Topatoco not received one? Because it seems most of these complaints are from beforehand, and I want to make sure this doesn't put me off on ordering a shirt in the future.

Ivaness

• Plantmonster
  • Unoccupied.
« Reply #440 on: 12 Jul 2009, 10:14 »

Has anyone who has ordered a t-shirt from after the conversion to Topatoco not received one? Because it seems most of these complaints are from beforehand, and I want to make sure this doesn't put me off on ordering a shirt in the future.
There shouldn't be any problems with the orders to/from Topatoco.  If there were, there is nothing Jeph or Cristi could do. You'd have to take it up with Topatoco.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #441 on: 12 Jul 2009, 15:29 »

I haven't.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

DJ3

« Reply #442 on: 16 Jul 2009, 11:38 »

Been lurking this thread forever -- the previous overall sentiment seemed to be "don't post, don't email, it won't get you your shirt any faster, whiny losers" but now it seems most people are getting some kind of update on their status.

If we haven't, should we be emailing qcmerch our paypal transaction information to get this dealt with, or does that not help at all?  Is there any official word on this?

Pypoli

• Plantmonster
« Reply #443 on: 17 Jul 2009, 21:02 »

They're probably not coming, but guess what? I don't care, because it was an accident. Things like these happen. Someone made a mistake during their job hours, because absolutely everyone does, and my order fell through in between five hundred others that shipped on time.

Actually, in normal life (including Internet shopping), if a mistake happens, you point it out and they put it right.

That is what usually happens - but all I'm saying is, if it doesn't get sorted this once, it's not the end of the world, and it's not worth haunting the forums for weeks on end over it.

It is annoying not to get an ordered item, but when it's something as inconsequential as a t-shirt, I just don't see why you'd want to spend a lot of energy complaining.

Because it's actually not ok to pay for something and not receive it in return. If you think it is, you're either very rich, a pushover, or we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure Jeph's a nice guy and he's doing his best, but if he can't follow through with an order, he needs to give a refund. We'd all rather get our shirts, but i think it's preety important something gets done. When you pay for a service, you get it, or you get your money back. There really is no third option.

All this shit aside, comic still rocks!

TheBaub

« Reply #444 on: 18 Jul 2009, 02:33 »

Shirts arrived.  (Correct shirts, correct sizes, correct colors)
If they are shipping based on date ordered, they have gotten to (and probably past) 1/16/09, which was near the end of the pre-Topatoco days... the end is near!
If it is based on which shirts were ordered (i.e. issue with delivery from shirt printers) then good news for people who ordered the 'Irony' and/or 'Coffee of Doom' shirts.

For reference:
I sent monthly emails to keep documentation should it get lost in mail or whatever, but only got one response, so I can't verify positive or negative on whether that helped.  (Response was late Feb, seemed to be moderately personalized to me, like a 'response to person with outstanding order who asked for info' form letter, with some personalization added)
I didn't post in this thread, so I know that probably didn't have an impact on it. (I did reference finding the thread and gaining a bit of understanding into the issue in one of the documentation updates)

That's about it, hope some of this info is actually useful to anybody still waiting on an order.  (hope even more that nobody fits that critera anymore)
TheBaub

*Note: Quick shipping, only a couple days, and I believe it was a cross-coast shipment.
Also, e-mail was sent announcing the shipment.  Email actually arrived shortly before midnight of the 13th...  the day before it says it 'was shipped'.  My guess is the email was generated on the 14th East Coast, which was still 13th West Coast.  Here is the personal-info-censored version:
(censored my info and senders name..  not sure if they care about censoring their name, but I didn't specifically ask)
-----
A package was shipped to you on 07/14/2009 via U.S. Postal Service
Priority Mail to the following address:

(NAME HERE)
(ADDRESS HERE)
(CITY, STATE ZIP HERE)

This Package contains: 2 tshirts

The following optional services were used: Delivery Confirmation

The package's ID is (ID-HERE)

To check status of your package at anytime please visit: https://
www.endicia.com/Status/?PIC=(ID-HERE) or the U.S. Postal
Service's website: http://www.usps.com/

(SENDERS NAME HERE)

NOTE:
This e-mail was generated by Endicia Internet Postage
(www.Endicia.com)
at the sender's request. DO NOT CONTACT Endicia if you have any
questions about the shipment or the package delivery, instead please
contact the sender of this e-mail or the U.S. Postal Service.

luralee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #445 on: 18 Jul 2009, 10:48 »

Mr. Jeans, sir, I counted 25 of your posts to this thread.  I could have missed one or two. I think you have more posts than anyone on this thread.  None of those posts, at a quick reading, involve any order you have placed.  My understanding is, you don't have any outstanding t-shirt orders from QC.  Yet you accuse US (who do) of spending too much time and effort on this thread?  You claim that you don't care that you have never received an order you placed to another site.  Maybe you doth protest too much?

GenericName

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Noooooooo
    • DeviantART
« Reply #446 on: 18 Jul 2009, 12:02 »

Actually Luralee I'd say I probably have around as many, just further back before Jeans took over. I had a T-Shirt once that came on time, though. I still wear it quite often, and have fond memories of people complimenting me on it. It came at around the cutoff point for me starting to worry, but I never worried.  That is the story!
Sometimes I see a terrible post so I click and look back at every post that person has ever made. That is why I never have time to actually post things.

gamergirl1337

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #447 on: 18 Jul 2009, 13:34 »

Because it's actually not ok to pay for something and not receive it in return.

If you're stuck in the "CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS RIGHT >:[ CUSTOMER IS GOD!" mindset, then no, it ain't. But come on - It's a god damn piece of cloth. It's twenty five dollars. It's not the end of the world! I'm not very rich, or necessarily a pushover, I've just arrived at the conclusion that jesus christ it's twenty five fucking dollars.

The point is not the old saying of "the customer is always right", or the fact that its "just" 25$....the fact is, we purchased the shirt/accessory a LONG time ago, have tried numerous times to contact them with no avail, and have not heard hide nor hair of the merchandise we purchased. If we don't receive the shirt...your right its just a shirt...the point is...they have not told us anything about it...i have contacted them once every month and havent received anything back. The shirt i ordered is discontinued and i would really love to have it as it will not be made again...

The integrity of their company is being questioned because of no contact from them...yes some people have been contacted but many many others have not...Im not throwing a fit over my order nor am i really pissed off about it...im just upset that they refuse to contact everyone, or at least post a giant bulletin telling us about it (i know that jeph has posted on here a few times, but they did not give a clear date that everything should be sent out, just that they "wanted" to get it out at a certain date...which really tells us absolutely NOTHING)

And yes i understand that THOSE orders (before topatco) are being handled by just a few people, their business is growing, they travel alot and they have a lot of things going on right now that can occupy their time outside of those orders.

All im asking for is a clear time frame when we will be receiving either our orders or refunds, or some kind of email about our orders. I don't mind if i don't get it until christmas...honestly its not all that important...i just want some information...

luralee

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #448 on: 18 Jul 2009, 19:01 »

Hey, Cristi, would it be possible for you to post when you send the last order out?  And when that happens, would there be any way I could buy the person (whose order is the last shipped)  a $25 gift certificate to Topatoco?  I think since you work there you could figure out a way for me to buy the certificate & you to send it while protecting the identities of all involved.  What do you think?  Maybe playing "last person standing" would add an element of fun?  And yes, it's just a $25 t-shirt, but it also could be a "valuable prize!"

Unless, of course, mine is the last order sent out.  Then it would be just plain silly. :-)

Jace

• Older than Moses
  • Dealing with it.
« Reply #449 on: 19 Jul 2009, 05:00 »

The integrity of their company is being questioned because of no contact from them..

Their company consists of like 2 people. I don't know that I'd call that a company.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up