THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 21:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Official "WTF MERCH!" Thread  (Read 269834 times)

ajchimaera

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Swimming in the smoke of bridges I have burned
    • Stuffbox
Re: The Official "WTF MERCH!" Thread
« Reply #600 on: 17 Nov 2010, 20:44 »

^^ Ditto Streetwise.
Likewise I was kinda hoping that more would have been redrawn, but on the flipside I really enjoy the originals and being able to see the progression. And to be honest, when I'm reading them, I'm really not noticing the difference, because what happens to be on the page is nothing compared to what it end up being in my imagination.

Oh, and in response to an earlier poster from France, complaining that the postage was almost as much as the book? I live in New Zealand. The postage was well over the price of the book. I mitigated that somewhat by also ordering a print an a Baking is Science apron, but the postage always is at least equal to the value of the items ordered - and I never get the bottom rung postage, because of the stated missing-in-action risk. But you know what? It's worth every cent. I'd much rather have it that not, and it has to get from there to here somehow, and somehow that has to be paid for. If you don't consider that to be a price worth paying, then that's just a measure of your commitment to helping support the ongoing production of the comic that you purport to enjoy.
"Pretty. What do we blow up first?" - Myn Donos

Duct tape is like the Force - it has a Dark side, a Light side, and it holds the universe together.

girl_withno_name

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #601 on: 18 Nov 2010, 02:03 »

Slightly off topic:

Turns out you're all currently off topic...!

Olymander

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #602 on: 19 Nov 2010, 00:07 »

Not quite the purpose of this thread, but I was talking with my girl, and she insisted that I post it to the forums.

Jeph pushed the Yellingbird plush at the bottom of today's comic, which is all fine and dandy, but my girl isn't fond of Yellingbird.  She asked for a Winslow plush.  I countered that Jeph might have Apple issues trying to sell said Winslow plush.  This led to the obvious conclusion (no, not Pintsize, although that would be good too, but no because Pintsize is somewhat on the same level as Yellingbird) - MOMO PLUSHIE!

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #603 on: 19 Nov 2010, 06:26 »

Momo Plushie FTW.

And he OWNS the rights to the design, right?
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Olymander

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #604 on: 24 Nov 2010, 04:12 »

Random ridiculous thought based on previous Momo plushie.  Said plushie should be made out of some material like wool, then sold with a warning tag: "Comes with built-in anti-cuteness protection mechanism!"  Referring to the (static) electric shock.

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #605 on: 02 Dec 2010, 20:04 »

I ordered on the 29th of last month....   package shipped today and will be here "shortly."

Really, that's excellent turnaround compared to the shirt that I ordered awhile ago...     To contrast it took FOUR MONTHS for the order to get processed.

Fantastic improvement, here.    8-)

tHEfOOL

• Larger than most fish
  • TAQUITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #606 on: 02 Dec 2010, 20:13 »

i have a pintsize hoody i got for christmas last year, it came in i think like 3 weeks from order, and arrived like a week before christmas
I will mail a flaming box of poop to the first person who suggests I "haven't met the right person".

Ethney

• Not quite a lurker
  • Glug Glug Glug
« Reply #607 on: 06 Dec 2010, 11:24 »

Anyone else buy the "Personalized QC Book"?
If so...
Which character did you request to be drawn? & Anyone recieve it in the mail yet? (I know it'll take longer, but I'm super excited for it^^)
Gold Lion's gonna tell me where the light is

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #608 on: 06 Dec 2010, 12:25 »

Mine has Marten - obvious but appropriate too; I got it in the first round of customisation, so it came ages ago (relatively).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

MillionDollar Belt Sander

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #609 on: 06 Dec 2010, 13:12 »

Anyone else buy the "Personalized QC Book"?
If so...
Which character did you request to be drawn? & Anyone recieve it in the mail yet? (I know it'll take longer, but I'm super excited for it^^)

Mine just arrived not even 20 min ago...  Product exceeds expectation.   Thank you Jeph!

Also:  Comes with bubble-wrap!  DOUBLE FUCKING AWESOME!  *pop*

kozmonaut

• Not quite a lurker
    • FTA Files
« Reply #610 on: 03 May 2011, 16:02 »

Just wondering if there is any updates to my missing merch, its been about 3 years now.

I've posdted about 4 times over the years and never heard a response? The comic is good, the service for ordering shit is abysmal.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #611 on: 03 May 2011, 23:11 »

You will not get a response here.  Neither Cristi (who did the old mechandise store from an office she closed well over a year ago) nor Jeph (who didn't handle the merch for years before that) have even logged on to the forum for months.

Based on postings in this thread, four people's purchases or refunds remain unresolved (and I'm one of those four).

The last address given for Cristi dealing with the merch was [email protected]; I do not know if this address still exists, nor do I know any other address for her.  Ways to contact Jeph are given on the QC web site.

I am locking this thread to end the illusion that posting in it will achieve anything whatsoever. 

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up