THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 15:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer Stuffs!  (Read 20220 times)

Caleb

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Dewey Decimal Vessel.
    • Blog
Re: Summer Stuffs!
« Reply #100 on: 19 Jun 2008, 15:39 »

I have not done much yet for summer fun.

The heat and humidity have forced me out of my non-air conditioned apartment so I have been jogging a bit.

I live near Plattsburgh, NY now so the area is beautiful and excellent for media projects.  I just gotta get the camcorder out and stop being lazy.

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #101 on: 22 Jun 2008, 14:10 »

On Wednesday we will have our first official picnic this summer. I'm so excited! On Friday we ate ice cream from the tub and some pilfered spoons in the park, but that was impromptu. It isn't summer til you've had an official picnic.

Also, monsoon season has started again. Yesterday it rained so hard I had to carry the cat inside, and today a branch blew off the tree and crushed the place where the car luckily wasn't. Yay for climate change!
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #102 on: 22 Jun 2008, 14:55 »

It occurred to me that I haven't said anything really about one of the main things I love about this town in summer.

Every Saturday morning we have a farmer's market. It takes place right up the street from my house. It's is pretty damn amazing. Yesterday morning, I bought homemade jam, as well as organic raspberries for hellsa cheap. And there is always this lady selling awesome patcholi soap, and lotion. And an alpaca lady! Sometimes she brings her alpacas with her, but usually she just sells yarn, and the stuff to make yarn. Yesterday the artistry guild was up there, and they did felting, as well as spinning demonstrations. I love our farmer's market.

There are also all sorts of festivals. Which are always interesting.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #103 on: 22 Jun 2008, 17:44 »

I live near Plattsburgh, NY now so the area is beautiful and excellent for media projects.  I just gotta get the camcorder out and stop being lazy.

Oh man, I used to live in Plattsburgh, NY.  It totally sucked.  I do like that Adirondak area, though.  It's beautiful up there.  Especially around all the lake resort towns and stuff.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #104 on: 22 Jun 2008, 17:45 »

There are also all sorts of festivals. Which are always interesting.

Street fests are good except when they suck. F'rinstance, today my fiancee and I went to Taste of Randolph. We probably should have been leery of the $10 each to get in, but we were curious.

It sucked. It sucked hard. We basically spent an hour and $28 for me to get a so-so mango smoothie (entrance fee, plus the El, plus the cost of the drink itself.)

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #105 on: 23 Jun 2008, 01:46 »

The worst thing about summer in this country (other than the appalling weather) is the BUGS. Man I hate summer insects. Little red spider things all over the place, flies in the house, bees (which are in decline and actually pretty cute but the cats try to eat them which is a big danger) and basically all kinds of nasty. I really, really hate insects.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

morca007

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #106 on: 23 Jun 2008, 20:48 »

Yesterday I went for a bit of a trek with a friend, following a trail which abruptly ended, we decided to go with what looked like a path (little more than somewhere one or two people had walked) through the tall grass (roughly my head height, so 6"), and after about an hour of this, I remembered: I like summer, summer does not like me.
Holy hell I hate hayfever. It's bad enough most of the year, but god-damn if for the past two days I haven't been sneezing and oozing more phlegm than I have in the week before. That, and wearing shorts in tall grass/Stinging nettles in a bad idea.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #107 on: 24 Jun 2008, 12:28 »

I am going camping on a wee island for two weeks on Saturday. This is exciting! We went two years ago, as documented in this thread.

Summer!

vegkitkat

• Furry furrier
  • Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
« Reply #108 on: 24 Jun 2008, 12:59 »

I got my first sunburn this weekend. It is officially summer, and I am officially stupid for forgetting to put on sunscreen.
Life is not a constant thing,
It's only made of short stories.

Ladybug

• Beyoncé
« Reply #109 on: 24 Jun 2008, 13:19 »

I regretted leaving my wool beanie in Trondheim (where I live the rest of the year), when a friend and I went "hiking" today. It's been an hour since I got home, and my extremities are still freezing.

Summer!

(We have had two days where I could sit on the veranda wearing anything less than a t-shirt and jeans in the 18 days I've been home. I managed to get a sunburn one of them.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up