THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 08:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: QC Character Total Appearances  (Read 28019 times)

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
Re: QC Character Total Appearances
« Reply #50 on: 18 Feb 2008, 12:10 »

Somebody put together a "relationship chart" of characters in the QC-verse.  I will try to dig it up and post it. 

Ah Ha!

http://www.video-adventures.net/Divers/Comics/QC/Trombi/Thumb.png
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2008, 12:39 by celticgeek »
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

raoullefere

• Duck attack survivor
  • Rock 'n Roll is cool, Daddy, and you know it!
« Reply #51 on: 18 Feb 2008, 12:59 »

I love that. Thanks, Coder in Woad
GOM (Grumpy Old Men): Complaining about attire, trespassing, loud music, and general cheerfulness since before you were born, Missy.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
« Reply #52 on: 18 Feb 2008, 13:19 »

a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Doug S. Machina

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #53 on: 18 Feb 2008, 16:51 »

...interesting to think about in lonely moments!

You mean writing slash, probably about Dora/Faye, don't you?  :-P
 I hope I never get that lonely.  :laugh:

I like the chart. It would be rather more tangled now though.

Curious things noted in Thorbard's numbers:
1. Marten and Faye were QC for the first 500. The next in line (Dora) has a bit less than half their count. Surprising it wasn't Pintsize. By 1000, it's become an ensemble cast, or at least a trio. I suppose this proves numerically the TV show idea of Marten-Dora-Faye with guest star Hanners.

2. Hanners has stormed in, and walked over Pintsize. So I have numbers to back up my hypothesis. This is science.

3. Ellen has dropped like a rock, and Steve is just about hanging on. He's getting less time than Penny, and I thought she was underdeveloped. (Though reading the archive, I may be mistaken.) I thought at one point that he was done: when Marten was the centre, he was "The Friend." When Faye and Dora joined, he lost that role and became a second-stringer.

4. While all is flux, Raven holds steady in the middle of the table. Clearly where she wants to be. Raven is, according to ctrlbuild, the Chessmaster.

Tai is introduced to Jimbo because she wants to meet him after reading one of his books. The question I'm raising is... do they carry on meeting up, and is there therefore potential for a whole new story from a different angle?

We (Jeph) could have such strips without any of the three main characters. We (Jeph) already have (has): Raven and Penelope in the CoD, Hanners and the robots., Steve and Meena's whole arc. I wonder if Tai has enough character yet to be the centre of an arc though?

« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2008, 17:20 by Doug S. Machina »
Man, if I was the sort of person who quoted things like that in my signature, I'd quote that it my signature.

Thorbard

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #54 on: 28 Jul 2008, 03:47 »

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Guess that means there should be some new stats now ;)

Anyway, I was curious about the changing story of QC. Now that Marten and Dora have some kind of closure and the comics are following the Sven and Faye thing, is Faye now becoming the lead character, rather than Marten? I know that Faye was getting marginally more hits than Marten before, but I'd expect a bit of a larger difference. Maybe not.

But if anyone has been counting for the last 150 strips or so I'd be interested to see. Might have to wait a bit longer to see trends though.  :|

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #55 on: 29 Jul 2008, 18:27 »

Wow. Just wow. I am impressed.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Thorbard

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #56 on: 30 Jul 2008, 16:18 »

Noone else seems to be collecting data, so I did it myself. Probably a bad idea.

For strips 1001 - 1160 we get:

Faye   83   0.52
Marten   72   0.45
Dora   67   0.42
Hanners   60   0.38
Sven   24   0.15
Pintsize   16   0.10
Windslow   15   0.09
Penny   13   0.08
Steve   13   0.08
Raven   12   0.08

So Faye has definately come out ahead from recent arcs. Dora and Marten are now fairly equal, showing up either together, or in an equal mix Dora & Coworkers or Marten & Band/Marten & Hanners strips. Hannelore now has Marten on the ropes as it were, shes gone up in percentage about as much as Marten has gone down. Pintsize and Windslow nearly always show up together, the occasional strip where they weren't. Stats are slightly messed up by the fact I counted "RoboBF" and Windslow separately. Sven now seems to be a main member of the ensemble and no longer just supporting cast. Raven has dropped out of his place, at a guess.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up