THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 15 Apr 2024, 21:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mega Man 9: Wait, what the fuck?  (Read 24102 times)

imagist42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • more post-coital, less post-rock
Re: Mega Man 9: Wait, what the fuck?
« Reply #50 on: 27 Sep 2008, 08:48 »

Mass Effect? What an awful name! Look, my game has "man" in its title.

Also, I don't have a 360.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #51 on: 27 Sep 2008, 10:40 »

Apparently on PC its even sexier
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

imagist42

« Reply #52 on: 27 Sep 2008, 11:40 »

On PC it's wait why would I ever spend thousands of dollars on a PC good enough to run it better than a 360.
Hopefully it goes without saying but you should always ask before sticking things in people's butts

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #53 on: 27 Sep 2008, 12:56 »

I needed a laptop, just so happens it has balls big enough to run Mass Effect, who am I to complain.

SpaceBanditAndy

« Reply #54 on: 28 Sep 2008, 08:28 »

Mega Man 9 is the kind of game that makes you get angry at yourself for missing that disappearing platform for the seventh time. You feel a sense of accomplishment when you make it though.

And then one of those grabber bots shove you into a wall of spikes.

At least it ain't Battletoads.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #55 on: 28 Sep 2008, 09:14 »

I didn't even play the original Battletoads, man.  I played Battletoads Double Dragon.  Me and 4 buddies, for several hours a day for two summers, only managed to get to the third boss once.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

SpaceBanditAndy

« Reply #56 on: 28 Sep 2008, 11:06 »

The original NES Battletoads is probably the most frustratingly hard game ever made. It is one of the few games out there, that when playing with a 2nd player is a complete hindrance rather than a help.
« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2008, 11:10 by SpaceBanditAndy »

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #57 on: 28 Sep 2008, 13:05 »

Hello landbased Jetski level.  Goodbye fun.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
« Reply #58 on: 28 Sep 2008, 13:12 »

The original NES Battletoads is probably the most frustratingly hard game ever made.

Not even close.  As a kid, I beat it many times without a lot of trouble.  Many games are harder; off the top of my head, Legend of the Wizard, Deadly Towers, the original Rygar, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Ikaruga...

I thought the "Battletoads is the hardest thing ever" meme was just a joke, I didn't think anyone actually believed it.  Hell, I recently beat it again using a KEYBOARD.
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #59 on: 28 Sep 2008, 13:45 »

The Speeder Bike level in Battletoads: Battlemaniacs is the least fun gaming experience Ive ever had, beat that shit with a keyboard then come back.  Ghouls & Ghosts (Ghosts & Goblins) is a cake walk (whatever that means) in comparison.

SpaceBanditAndy

« Reply #60 on: 28 Sep 2008, 17:29 »

The original NES Battletoads is probably the most frustratingly hard game ever made.

Not even close.  As a kid, I beat it many times without a lot of trouble.  Many games are harder; off the top of my head, Legend of the Wizard, Deadly Towers, the original Rygar, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Ikaruga...

I thought the "Battletoads is the hardest thing ever" meme was just a joke, I didn't think anyone actually believed it.  Hell, I recently beat it again using a KEYBOARD.

I personally had more problems with Battletoads than Ghosts 'n Goblins, Ikaruga, and the original Castlevania. My problem with the 'toads though was the lackluster ending, making you feel that all that time you spent honing your gaming skills could have been used on something more productive.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #61 on: 28 Sep 2008, 22:37 »

The Speeder Bike level in Battletoads: Battlemaniacs is the least fun gaming experience Ive ever had, beat that shit with a keyboard then come back.

That's odd, both when it came out and when I play it now on a keyboard, I have a lot of fun.  I have no idea why it's supposed to be so hard, I mean the game shows you what's coming next (until the last part).
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

Roivas

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #62 on: 29 Sep 2008, 05:21 »

Im playing Mass Effect son, you can sit down with the other children and play, but Im going to play a man's game

Because everyone knows that a game isn't a game if it doesn't fall into a preconceived method of delivery. Fun is fun kid. After you get tired of the endless dialogue trees and the half second of bare ass you'll probably get the idea that games are what you take away from them.

I found Mega Man 9 to be a little too easy. The three forums were fairly predictable for Wily's final battle and killing him wasn't nearly as hard as some of the other battles with just one form. Mostly because attrition from the robot masters in other stages had often whittled me down to the point of having nothing left to fight Wily with for the last fight.

They could've gotten rid of the generous life system but overall the game was well made. Good level designs.
Arrogance and ignorance rolled into one sexy package

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #63 on: 29 Sep 2008, 09:53 »

I think you took me a little too serious.  I was poking fun at the fact that certain people made a large issue out of Mass Effect.  Not to mention I have absolutely no way of playing Mega Man 9, not that I would for previous explained reasons.  But Im glad its actually solid content and workin out for you guys, I love being proven wrong, at least in context like this.

Roivas

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #64 on: 30 Sep 2008, 21:10 »

I think you took me a little too serious.  I was poking fun at the fact that certain people made a large issue out of Mass Effect.  Not to mention I have absolutely no way of playing Mega Man 9, not that I would for previous explained reasons.  But Im glad its actually solid content and workin out for you guys, I love being proven wrong, at least in context like this.

Yeah, sometimes I put too much internet venom in my blow gun. Sorry.

I think mass effect is a decent game in truth, I almost wish I had an Xbox360 or a computer that wasn't busy doing work for me.

But I do also like that retro games are being taken a little more seriously now to make up for all the rehashing or reselling of games on new consoles. While I occasionally do like memory lane, I kept my Nintendo for that exact reason. Now we just need to figure out why 80% of all Wii games are poorly designed shovelware.

imagist42

« Reply #65 on: 30 Sep 2008, 22:02 »

Because there are millions of people who are willing to pay for that, because Nintendo has introduced them to the concept that video games (like their cousins, board games and card games) can be a fun way to pass time in social circles.

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #66 on: 01 Oct 2008, 07:46 »

That's all true to an extent, but it kind of needs emphasis on the first part. 80% of Wii games are shovelware because the Wii is dominating this generation and it's the most likely console for that shit to stick on. Look back at the PS2, the Playstation or the NES. All were the clear dominating console of their generation, in terms of sales, and all had a ratio of about twenty utter shit games to every good to great game.

Where the consumer goes, so too does the shoverlware.

The price point of the Wii plays a large role, too. Now that the 360's arcade bundle is so cheap, don't be surprised if you see a sharp rise in shovelware for it.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #67 on: 03 Oct 2008, 00:19 »

EVERYONE SHUT THE HELL UP AND PLAY THIS GAME
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #68 on: 03 Oct 2008, 11:12 »

this game is so fucking hard

goddamn spikes
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #69 on: 03 Oct 2008, 17:31 »

Spikes > Tips of Toes.

But apparently the buzz on this is HUGE, Im hearing about in IRL all over the place.  All positive, generally I have to sit out on convos cause well, you already know my views on this subject.

imagist42

« Reply #70 on: 06 Oct 2008, 13:17 »

So the Proto Man DLC came out today, as did the "Endless" stage mode. I downloaded Proto Man, and I have only played it for about 30 seconds as I am now scuttling off to work, but so far I could do without the charge shot (as I have been for two weeks), and the shield seems more trouble to use effectively than it's worth. Haven't gotten to mess with the slide yet, but somehow I don't think playing as Proto Man is really going to change the way I approach the game.

Seems fun to screw around with, though.

Roivas

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #71 on: 12 Oct 2008, 21:26 »

Really just wish they'd have some box art on something besides a shirt. I'd really like to see them whip up a Nintendo cartridge that has the game's art on it. It wouldn't even have to work, just look sweet. I'd buy that for a dollar, or maybe more.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up