THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 23 Apr 2024, 23:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One small step for mankind. One giant step for Pintsize's incarnation  (Read 3123 times)

ChippyD

• Plantmonster

http://www.futurenerd.net/concept-all-in-one-computer-ball/
I found this on StumbleUpon. I swear this concept model is a set of limbs, a head, and a chauvinistic AI away from being a real life Pintsize.

Is anyone else just a little bit frightened at what the future may hold?

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch

Link doesn't work --or maybe it's just me?

There are actually quite a few Pintsize-like creations out there. (Search function, I'm too lazy to link for the other threads).

Jepser

• Larger than most fish

Neat, but would it be possible to program Pintsizes kind of behaviour? Or any kind of sincere human behaviour?
Any AI-experts out here?
I wasn't going to d/l any of that, but once I read "oldest lesbian", I kind of had to.

taekwondogirl

I don't have a specific link to it or anything but I know MIT's made a robot with an AI that learns and grows to the point it can develop friendships with the students in the class it's for. They wipe its memory at the end of the year and it really gets to them; it's the robot equivalent of death.

As far as how programming itself works, I don't really know much about coding but you could get a static "replica" of a personality just by accepting for a lot of if/then situations, which I imagine ends up taking more time than creating an AI that can develop itself without human input.

Cagia

It does beg the question, who would be insane enough to program Pintsize's personality?

Jepser

• Larger than most fish

Some weird scientist who is really missing a buddy he can relate to, prolly.
I wasn't going to d/l any of that, but once I read "oldest lesbian", I kind of had to.

Jepser

• Larger than most fish

Or both. *Scary laughter*
Pages: [1]   Go Up