THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 23:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blind Melon and their new album  (Read 2146 times)

yellowledbetter

• Not quite a lurker
Blind Melon and their new album
« on: 19 Jul 2008, 18:55 »

Anyone else here a fan of Blind Melon (aside from No Rain)? I loved everything off of their first two albums (Blind Melon and Soup), and didn't mind some of the stuff off of the third (Nico). Anyways, I was pretty bummed out for a while because Shannon Hoon (their original singer, who had a very unique voice) had died a long time ago and that led to the eventual breakup of the band. A while ago I found out they had reunited with a new singer, and now they have a new album out called For My Friends. I ave to say it's some great stuff and it manages to capture the classic Blind Melon spirit while going off in a few new directions.

Here's the first single:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MKhkIEUIXRo
Wishing Well

Internet Hate Machine

Re: Blind Melon and their new album
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2008, 19:00 »

No, Actually that song was my first time hearing them. I like them, I will have to look into them.

yellowledbetter

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2008, 19:08 »

No, Actually that song was my first time hearing them. I like them, I will have to look into them.
Haha, it was the same for me. What I meant was a fan of more than just that song.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2008, 22:05 »

I feel like they were rather mediocre in the first place and that their success, or lack thereof, was only slightly amplified by Shannon Hoon's death.

I also feel that reuniting a rather mediocre band which is mostly famous for their dead lead singer, one damned good pop hit, and a little girl in a bee outfit is a dumb idea.

No Rain is a fucking great pop song, however.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2008, 22:30 »

It's probably the only one of their songs with Hoon singing that doesn't annoy me.

Catacombs

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2008, 22:36 »

I quite like Blind Melon, particularly their self-titled debut album.  Their second, Soup, is ok but didn't stick with me except the song "Mouthful of Cavities".  I think it's kind of stupid they got back together with a new singer, but i admit he does sound a bit like Hoon.  That CD also didn't stick with me, but the single isn't bad.  I'll end up posting their first two albums in the mediafyre thread as soon as I get on my other laptop.
Seriously.  You know who's big on milking good deeds for PR points?  God.

Pixar: More Classy than God.

LittleKey

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jul 2008, 02:43 »

I listened to that youtube single, nice. I'll check it out now, thanks for the tip-off.
yahoo answers is the new youtube comments
Pages: [1]   Go Up