THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steve Fossett  (Read 4336 times)

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
Steve Fossett
« on: 29 Jul 2008, 06:19 »

"May have faked his own death"
This thread is about conspiracy theories and elaborate plots.

Not to take the Daily Telegraph too seriously, I think the set of facts as presented recently is pretty interesting. Basically they reckon there's a few things that support the idea that he didn't ever crash, besides not having been able to find the crash site.

- The found 6 other planes while looking for his - one of the biggest searches in history
- A mistress ??
- Only one person saw him took off
- This person set up his plane, which is something he has never let anyone do before
- He picked a plane that was steel/fibreglass/wood with fabric and easilly dismantled and carried off
- No emergency equipment?

Anyway,
If I faked my own death, I would have to have my funds mobile, and lots of them. Really, it doesn't quite matter if he is discovered alive right? His funds were already mobilised by being declared legally dead in Februrary. And it won't be over an affair, I mean comon.

I'm think it will be something along the lines of 'The 11th Commandment' by Jeffery Archer. Except I don't know any old dudes whose body I can use for my fake death. And I don't have 90 million to steal to make it worth it! Basically, if can basically learn to fly light aeroplanes, a fossett-style escape would be preferable. Less flames and bodies and car crashes.

Also, I am pretty sure I wouldn't do it just for a mistress. I mean, I'm sure she's pretty and all... but that's a lot of effort! Maybe if the mistress killed the wife and was then blackmailing me. OOOh conspiracy...

What is your elaborate faked death scenario.
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2008, 06:20 by fatty »
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

Aztex

• Balloon animal serial killer
Re: Steve Fossett
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2008, 06:39 »

I'd fake my death on a security camera with somebody attacking me etc.

and  then run away to a bubble built under the sea to party with the octopusses.

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2008, 06:41 »

An octopus's garden? In the shade, perhaps?
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2008, 06:55 »

I'm not sure if your article mentions it, but reading updates and other articles, they said where he supposedly crashed was probably the worst place to do so if you wanted a rescue party to come look for you. lots of hills, crevices, a lot of vegetation that made it hard to search from the air. they did find other crashes from years ago that they didnt even know where there, so his crash could still be out there...or he might have managed to disappear completely...

fatty

• FIGHT YOU
    • the Notorious F.A.T.T.Y.
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2008, 07:02 »

Yeah, and a privately funded team of proffessionals scoured some of the steepest slopes not accessible by blackhawks for 10 days last month and couldn't find anything. It's the biggest search in nevada history.
Also, there was no criminal investigation in his dissappearance at all. I'm not suggesting it's true, just that it is an interesting bunch of leads for a conspiracy theorist.
est: she is basically an ass to everyone

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2008, 08:59 »

Hmmm, its kinda weird, i remember that 2 monthsish ago, i read a short story in the train on his disappearance. It hypothesized that he took off to somewhere argentina (where he had a mistress)....

Funky
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2008, 09:02 »

Should there be a criminal investigation? i'm not clear on what he did wrong other than...disappearing

i didnt know about the search last month, but regardless...it's still a big big desert, full of caves...sometimes you can't even tell what you're looking at
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2008, 09:09 by johnny5 »

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2008, 11:57 »

well, faking your death is a crime.

Man, sometimes I wish that Heath Ledger's death was faked.  As a publicity stunt for Dark Knight.
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
    • Troubador! bandcamp page
« Reply #8 on: 31 Jul 2008, 00:11 »

Something that kindof pisses me off about that article was the whole spiel on "His choice in plane was unusual". Bellanca Citabria Super Decathlons are perfectly normal airplanes to fly. They're reliable, they're of sturdy construction, their in-flight stability is almost unparalleled by any other high-wing monoplane with a tailwheel, and they're readily available at just about every small airport in America.

He was also slated to be a judge at the Reno Air Races last year, an event he loved dearly and supported a great deal, both in spirit and in finance. Since flying was his number one passion, it serves to confuse me a great deal why on earth he would fake his death, knowing full well that it would be the end of his flying.

Another thing, one that I personally find offensive, is their mention of the huge sum of money that his life insurance was worth. The guy was world famous and loaded out the ass. He wouldn't need to fake death to get the insurance money.
My long-dead band Troubador! licks your gentlemen's legumes on the cheap

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #9 on: 31 Jul 2008, 07:21 »

Man, sometimes I wish that Heath Ledger's death was faked.  As a publicity stunt for Dark Knight.

hmm...everytime someone famous dies , i always think it's  ajoke at first. unless they're really old.

ruyi

• Beyoncé
« Reply #10 on: 31 Jul 2008, 15:57 »

RedLion

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #11 on: 01 Aug 2008, 13:01 »

I've always said that when I die, I'm going to be strapped with dynamite, dropped out of a plane above a major metropolitan area and detonated in midair.
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily."
 - Napoleon

Dissy

• The German Chancellory building
  • The only asshole in the internets
« Reply #12 on: 02 Aug 2008, 09:40 »

hmm...everytime someone famous dies , i always think it's  ajoke at first. unless they're really old.

Just think about how cool/awesome it would have been, if, at the Dark Knight Premiere, Ledger walks down the red carpet with Nolan and Bale beside him.  Ledger turns to all the journalists shocked and surprised, and says "Why So Serious?"
Quote from: Tommy on Gabbly
i'm not paying for your boob jon
Quote from: Darryl
I fuck at typos
Quote from: Squiddy
but you haven't sig quoted me yet kevin
Quote from: Darryl on meebo
9 inches is pathetic by today's standard

johnny5

• FIGHT YOU
  • pug pug pug
« Reply #13 on: 02 Aug 2008, 11:44 »

even better if he grabbed bale and said "i can't quit you"

or

"you...complete..me"

ha

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #14 on: 02 Aug 2008, 18:52 »

HEATH LEDGER WAS IN THE GAY COWBOY MOVIE
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #15 on: 02 Aug 2008, 20:40 »

Hey, I like that movie. So zip it.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #16 on: 04 Aug 2008, 03:13 »

The Turks renamed that movie "Faggot Cowboys". To be completely fair, it's way more accurate than "Brokeback Mountain", but hot DAMN, Turkey, you're the last country I'd want renaming shit.

I gotta say, as sad as the scene was, *SPOILERS* when Jake Gyllenhaal's character got his face smashed in with a tire iron, his acting was so horrible that I couldn't stop laughing. *END SPOILERS and actually the entire post*

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #17 on: 04 Aug 2008, 07:02 »

The Turks renamed that movie "Faggot Cowboys". To be completely fair, it's way more accurate than "Brokeback Mountain"

Actually it's less accurate. They weren't cowboys. They were quite clearly shepherds. They were, however, unquestionably herding sheep on Brokeback Mountain. Therefore "Brokeback Mountain" = 100% accurate, "Faggot Cowboys" = 50% accurate at best.

Gemmwah

• Bling blang blong blung
  • fffffffffffffffffff
« Reply #18 on: 04 Aug 2008, 08:08 »

:-D
oh good god 4lko jaeger bomb. Holy goood god what have I done.
 :psyduck: psyduck is the most appropriate right now. FUUUUKC

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #19 on: 04 Aug 2008, 15:45 »

They weren't cowboys.

They referred to themselves as cowboys.

"Faggot Cowboys" = 100% accurate.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #20 on: 07 Aug 2008, 23:29 »

Is this the thread where we use faggot like it's just a basic word for a person?

Is that the reason for this thread?

Because Brokeback Mountain is a well-shot film that I personally found uninteresting. I feel like it was very heavy-handed and ultimately didn't even find any characters likable. Also, the gay sex scene was kind of hilarious because I've never even found straight sex to be that easy to figure out spur of the moment. I imagine it's more complicated betwixt two dudes who at least kind of thought they were straight.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Patrick

• where did it cost?
  • Awakened
  • Used to be a cool kid
« Reply #21 on: 08 Aug 2008, 04:45 »

Is this the thread where we use faggot like it's just a basic word for a person?

Because god forbid anybody use dry humour on the Inter-Nets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up