THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 09:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 651296 times)

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #400 on: 14 Nov 2008, 08:20 »

There is already a level 80 character on the French servers.

On one hand, I want to go get WotLK, but on the other, I have absolutely zero reason to. My main is level 60 and there is absolutely shit all I can find for content that I can actually use yet.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #401 on: 14 Nov 2008, 11:13 »

My CD drive is busted, so I'm not going to worry about it for a while. There's still a lot to do in Outland and I have other characters I can level as well.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #402 on: 14 Nov 2008, 14:46 »

My boy went and picked WotLK up for us both at midnight. He can take his hunter over (on frostmourne), but we are still levelling our other characters (will, his alts, which seem to be becoming his mains), and my first character. I just respecc'd my mage to frost and can actually play on my own now without dying every five minutes. I'm halfway to level 65 and I still have a shittonne of stuff to do in Outlands but we'll probably be heading over to Northrend at 68.

Also DK's look pretty cool and I might make one just because.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #403 on: 15 Nov 2008, 16:17 »

I have no money for Lich King.

Gonna move money around at the bank soon and then buy it  :|
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #404 on: 15 Nov 2008, 19:34 »

I have no intention of getting WotLK for a while at least - as my main is only 59 and I already have seven active characters so I really don't need a DK.

From the little I've seen from people linking death knight abilities they seem to be incredibly over powered like death grip I think it was, that pulls all enemies to you and forces them to attack you and a version of counterspell except that instead of the 30 second cool down mages have it's 10 seconds plus the ability to turn any kill into a minion and automatically come back from the dead as a zombie for 45 seconds.

but I do like the way the citizens of stormwind react to Deathknights.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

CursedMortivore

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Creepy lurker.
« Reply #405 on: 15 Nov 2008, 20:34 »

They only react that way to Death Knights as the DKs finish the last quest of their chain. After that, it's all cool.

But yeah, DKs do seem a bit overpowered, but I sure do love playing mine. Spending time levelling his mining at the moment, but once I hit being able to mine fel iron i'll definitely start levelling in the Outlands.
"Fight fire with fire? You should fight everything with fire!" - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #406 on: 15 Nov 2008, 21:07 »

I like Death Grip. It's actually a wonderful if situational pulling tool. I'd hate to see it get nerfed, at least in PvE, anyway.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

masquerade

« Reply #407 on: 17 Nov 2008, 20:06 »

I haven't bought the expansion yet either. It's good to see that I'm not the only one (as it feels like on Shandris).

That aside, I'm building a steady, unhealthy hatred for Death Knights. They kill everything and I can't get a damn thing done on my poor level 64 dr00d. Outland has been taken over and instances are a nightmare. Some idiot kid said he could tank, and pulled mobs he couldn't handle (and therefore jumped on my ass because my damage was pulling aggro) THREE TIMES before the group was ready. We finally wiped and I had the 'lock eat his soul.

I had a nice long fight over the Twin Spire Ruins last night with a dumbass Bl'Elf though. That was fun. And even more fun when a guildie showed up with his 70 and trounced him once and for all. ::glee::

clockworkjames

« Reply #408 on: 18 Nov 2008, 00:46 »

I accidentally bought it. (Honestly didn't mean to, just wanted to see how much it was to get from blizzard and then clicked submit CC details) Is 30GBP :/ 18 online or 25 in most shops. Man I suck at not spending money rite now.

[EDIT]
OHMYGODIJUSTRESPECCEDFURYANDDONOTKNOWHOWGOODANIDEATHISMAYORMAYNOTHAVEBEEN
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2008, 03:09 by clockworkjames »

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #409 on: 18 Nov 2008, 07:02 »

I upgraded and am quite enjoying the Death Knight. I specced him for Unholy and the permanent Ghoul is fun, so far. The intro quests are a blast, too. You get to try siege weaponry and ride a frost wyrm. I'd relate the experience to 'like in GTA when you get bored of the missions and just start going around killing civilians, except that's the actual point.'

I will agree, though, that most Death Knights are inconsiderate pricks and death coil seriously needs to be nerfed already. It was bad enough the weeks leading up to the game dealing with level seventies coming in and kill stealing and wiping everything in lower level areas to farm rep and achievements while some of us were trying to actually PLAY the game. Now Outland is covered in Death Knights who, despite the fact they have to have been around for a while to even make one, don't seem to understand why people get pissed off when you kill steal and generally just run around being a twat. That's my major problem with death coil. It really breaks the game in favor of kill stealers. I've already dealt with dozens of douche bags death coiling away an add I just pulled but hadn't tagged yet.
JON MADE ME GAY

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #410 on: 18 Nov 2008, 07:48 »

Death Grip, sorry. I mixed it up with another DK ability. Death Grip basically throws a long-ass purple coil at an enemy and pulls it directly to you. Should be great for raiding and keeping aggro, but it's fucking terrible in the hands of douche players.
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

« Reply #411 on: 18 Nov 2008, 08:19 »

I think of it like charge but desrever.

Also FURY SUCKS.

I said I would play it for a week but...

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #412 on: 18 Nov 2008, 11:43 »

I can't help but suspect you're doing it wrong.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #413 on: 18 Nov 2008, 15:20 »

Maybe it just doesn't gel with your playstyle?  My fury warrior is a goddamned meatgrinder.

clockworkjames

« Reply #414 on: 18 Nov 2008, 20:53 »

Yeah I think I suck as fury, as arms I was turning full vengefull fury warriors inside out with stormherald alone when they had stormherald and a glads 2h sword. Now with a greem sword in one hand and stormherald in the other all I do is stand around waiting for a hit beause it is soooo slooow and I am getting not alot of rage, I have no MS or sudden death or improved slam. Maybe I am just in an arms state of mind too much :(

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #415 on: 18 Nov 2008, 21:31 »

Well, see, you're talking about PvP. Fury isn't for PvP; that's Arm's job. That, however, doesn't mean that Fury sucks, since with enough +crit and +hit, a fury warrior can approach nearly 100% flurry uptime, which leads to crazy rage generation which leads to a ridiculous amount of execute spam vs. raid bosses. Fury beats the everlovin' snot outta mobs, but it's not suited for beating down a heavily armored target in PvP. So stick with Arms by all means! Just don't go sayin' your angry plated brethren suck when they're built for a different job. ;)
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2008, 21:33 by Alex C »

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #416 on: 18 Nov 2008, 21:36 »

Yeah, what he ^ said.

Also, here is the post I was making before Alex posted his thing:

I am not sure what your new Fury spec looks like because your character sheet seems stuck on your Arms spec (even though it's updated your gear to show you dual-wielding 2hders) so I dunno.  Did you take 5 ranks of Unbridled Wrath?  Do you use Bloodthirst whenever it is available?  I am not sure how it is with the Arms tree, but I hardly use Execute unless the opponents are weak to begin with or I am taking things on 1-on-1 with a definite downtime between fights.  Charging into battle and using Bloodrage whenever you remember is also pretty helpful, but I guess that is a more general thing that you already know.  I mean, you are ten levels higher than I am so it feels odd suggesting things for you to try but I am guessing Arms is a very different mindset to Fury maybe and that is what's up.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #417 on: 18 Nov 2008, 21:37 »

Man now I want to play WoW tonight instead of Left4Dead what the hell.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #418 on: 18 Nov 2008, 22:19 »

Well, a big part of it is that Fury warriors like to get on a mob and work 'em like a speed bag whereas PvP, unfortunately, is more like a jousting match. People move around, hit you with crowd control constantly and even a simple lag spike can end up with your opponent being just out of your reach. It's rough on Fury warriors since they are so predicated on landing strings of white hits to deal their damage. Arms warriors, on the other hand, have lower optimum dps but can deal it in large bursts thanks to a big 2 hander and Mortal Strike, which also inflicts an all-important healing debuff. That's a huge advantage when you can't guarantee you'll be on top of your opponent for more than a few seconds at a time. Besides, Arms really does do plenty of damage for solo work. So it's really entirely possible that Fury is the wrong playstyle for him and that I was being a li'l over the top with my "You're doing it wrong" (which really should always be seen as tongue in cheek).
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2008, 22:41 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #419 on: 18 Nov 2008, 23:21 »

I was talking of pve in northrend, just smacking about some mobs and I sucked at it so I went back to arms (I lasted about 5 hours playtime as fury, could not get the hang of it, peed a little, felt sad and respecced). That's what I love about arms is you can never fuck up your spec too badly so long as you stick to the tree. Just hate the whole "PUT TALENT POINTS IN A CERTAIN WEAPON TYPE NAIO!" mentality of it, I am going to be using quest reward bloos in like 3 levels no doubt. I didn't want to put in improved charge but I had to make up the points, I don't rend I leave procs to make them bleed, intercept is not improved because I am always in battle stance (shock horror I suck) and it just pisses me off you need to put points places I don't want to put them to get to the bottom of the tree. Prot tanks can use all the stuff in their tree and it is awesome. Might go prot at 80 but now most of my gear is dps and I am gonna have to quest, so prot is out of the question.

You can still weild 2h till you log out after a respec from my experience last time :)

If sudden death and bladestorm did not exist and maces still had stun over armour ignoring I would go back to my old arms fury spec. It was awesome

I had 25% crit chance as fury in berserker stance, may have been the problem as most good fury warriors have like 40 or something rediculous. Double mongoose or whatever.

Potential arms fury pvp lv 80 since you will be able to have two talent sets...
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?tal=050233212330010003221223031151305030130021000000000000000200000000000000000000000000
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2008, 23:38 by clockworkjames »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #420 on: 19 Nov 2008, 12:50 »

Yeah, fury is stupidly gear dependent since you need an ass ton of +hit on top of your +crit and raw attack power. Arms warriors still benefit from +hit, of course, but it's not quite so world shatteringly vital, so there's a lot more room to just stack strength and go to town on people. I've also heard that +hit rating scales badly post 70 (ie, it takes a LOT more +hit rating to get the same effect) too, so there's really no point in going fury now if your gear isn't built for it. Strength is an incredible dps stat and arms warriors have plenty of room for it, so go crazy.

masquerade

« Reply #421 on: 19 Nov 2008, 15:32 »

Hatedeathknightshatedeathknightshatedeathknights... /travelform and I'm out.

clockworkjames

« Reply #422 on: 19 Nov 2008, 22:02 »

Yeah, fury is stupidly gear dependent since you need an ass ton of +hit on top of your +crit and raw attack power.
Indeed
Arms warriors still benefit from +hit, of course, but it's not quite so world shatteringly vital, so there's a lot more room to just stack strength and go to town on people.
Yup, agi is nice too for crit and dodge though but you are right, str for AP.
I've also heard that +hit rating scales badly post 70 (ie, it takes a LOT more +hit rating to get the same effect) too, so there's really no point in going fury now if your gear isn't built for it.
Spot on, is about 0.03% hit rating increase per point at 80.
Strength is an incredible dps stat and arms warriors have plenty of room for it, so go crazy.
Yeah.

Back to arms fo lyf till 80. Prot uses strength alot too though, str and stam are all those rocks ever care about.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #423 on: 21 Nov 2008, 01:24 »

Oh yeah, a screenshot.

Bask in my low graphics settings and unwillingness to clean off my HUD.

[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #424 on: 21 Nov 2008, 03:26 »

I like Death Grip. It's actually a wonderful if situational pulling tool. I'd hate to see it get nerfed, at least in PvE, anyway.

I haven't played in a month or two (last day I played was the Monday before 3.0 hit, amusingly enough), but I'm looking forward to working with DKs in my guild whenever I start playing again.  Death Grip looks like it's going to totally change the way 5's are played.  It'll probably be disturbingly easy to drop clothies, now - have the prot warrior (yeah, we do exist in PvP and last I saw, the 3.0 changes made us even better than we were before) get a stack of sunders on the clothie, then disarm them (Improved Disarm was a flat +10% damage taken last I checked), and then have the DK yank them behind a pillar, out of line of sight to healers and teammates.  Have one or two folks keep the rest of his team tied up (a well-placed frost nova or pet nova would make it very easy to pop off a perfect shockwave) while the rest of your team stomps on the poor bastard with both feet.  Even if he survives, it'll almost certainly shift the momentum of the match in your favor, and momentum is everything.  Even more, if you keep sunders up on multiple targets (which any decent prot warr will be doing), you can choose your burn target on the fly.

Despite how fun this sounds, I still suspect it'll be less fun than L4D :)

And Alex C, you look disturbingly similar to Barney in that picture you're using as your avatar.

clockworkjames

« Reply #425 on: 21 Nov 2008, 04:53 »

Thumbnail cuz hueg.

I don't use many addons.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #426 on: 21 Nov 2008, 06:15 »

Add-ons are for fucking pussies.
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #427 on: 21 Nov 2008, 08:57 »

And Alex C, you look disturbingly similar to Barney in that picture you're using as your avatar.

:?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #428 on: 21 Nov 2008, 09:25 »

I have very few add-ons and none of them are UIs, because those are annoying. (Basically Omen, Druid Announces, and Group Cal.)

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #429 on: 21 Nov 2008, 09:45 »

I am broke as dick at the moment, so I'm just levelling my mage alt for the time being.

I thought you got rid of your account in the most complicated way ever?
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #430 on: 21 Nov 2008, 09:55 »

I use Autobar when leveling a new character, mostly because I dislike fiddling around and rearranging my ever changing lineup of consumables all the time. At the high end though I don't use it because I know exactly what type of potions and food I'm bringing with so I just use the appropriate macros and hotkeys rather than clutter things up. I'm also a fan of Grid for raid healing and I use ArcHud on my rogue to help keep my energy and combo points front and center. I never really liked HUDs much before, but now that the Sinister Strike glyph has made my combo point generation a bit more unpredictable, I find it pretty invaluable.

clockworkjames

« Reply #431 on: 21 Nov 2008, 12:37 »

Questhelper is for people who don't like tabbing out to thottbot to see where the game dev's decided to put a Q item in a stupid place.  Makes questing EASILY twice as fast and keeps you focused, makes questing fun.

ackblom12

« Reply #432 on: 21 Nov 2008, 13:06 »

Questhelper is really all I've ever used.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #433 on: 21 Nov 2008, 14:00 »

Macros are also for pussies.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #434 on: 21 Nov 2008, 15:59 »

I have QuestHelper, Cartographer (yay instance maps yay!) with the addon's for herbalism and things. I use SpartanUI which is wonderful and pretty and I don't have ridiculous buttons all over the place. I think that's it. Oh! And SCT - nicer than the inbuilt one.

I'll post a screenshot when I get home to my iMac.

clockworkjames

« Reply #435 on: 21 Nov 2008, 17:01 »

Macros are also for pussies.
Said by the person who has never been a PvP warrior...

Change stance equip shield spell reflect change back
change stance intercept changeback
charge hamstring
change stance target healer intervene (Oh look I am now behind this pillar with you and you can heal me)

A Warrior with no macros is near enough useless in PvP.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #436 on: 21 Nov 2008, 17:42 »

I've spent the past few hours drinking, playing WoW, and watching Star Trek: The Next Generation. I think this is probably the nerdiest I've ever been.

Also, I think the TV just tried to sell hair dye by encouraging small kids to encourage their dads to use it to attract new ladies after their mothers die.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #437 on: 21 Nov 2008, 18:26 »

Alright, so I'm taking a LUA class next semester, and WoW is required for the course.  I'm worried that my guilt over paying for the account will force me into playing and thus suck me into the vortex.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Catfish_Man

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • Assorted Stuff
« Reply #438 on: 21 Nov 2008, 18:58 »

Nice. Lua looks like a fun language.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #439 on: 21 Nov 2008, 19:07 »

I've spent the past few hours drinking, playing WoW, and watching Star Trek: The Next Generation. I think this is probably the nerdiest I've ever been.

I got that beat. Drinking and reading comics while waiting in the queue to get on WoW.
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

« Reply #440 on: 21 Nov 2008, 19:30 »

Beer, CoD4 mixxes and WoW, but I moved my PC downstairs because I have a friend over and wanna watch him play megaman and Mirrors edge.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #441 on: 22 Nov 2008, 02:58 »

A Warrior with no macros is near enough useless in PvP.

Learn to click faster, noob.

clockworkjames

« Reply #442 on: 22 Nov 2008, 04:54 »

Macros are always faster which makes mt attacks faster which makes me kill you faster and you die and I live. HAHA. Take that to your trolling.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2008, 05:08 by clockworkjames »

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #443 on: 22 Nov 2008, 05:24 »

Okay, so if you log in today (23rd) you get an achievement about WoW's 4th birthday and they send you the cutest vanity pet ever - the Baby Blizzard Bear.

Sqeeeeeee!

(I am such a girl)
(Also, it rivals the wolpertinger for cuteness, zomg)
(It is also account bound, this is awesome)

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #444 on: 22 Nov 2008, 06:06 »

Even if you don't have WotLK?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #445 on: 22 Nov 2008, 10:51 »

Note, by today, she means tomorrow for most of us.
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

« Reply #446 on: 22 Nov 2008, 12:20 »

3 hours 40 mins... it made me put off changing realm because that might mean I cannot play my main for a day or two (Last time it was 30 mins), cheers for the heads up :)

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #447 on: 22 Nov 2008, 16:05 »

Okay, here is my screenshot (click for big):

clockworkjames

« Reply #448 on: 22 Nov 2008, 18:05 »

Click for hueg, he is sitting down :D

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #449 on: 24 Nov 2008, 17:58 »

Okay, so if you log in today (23rd) you get an achievement about WoW's 4th birthday and they send you the cutest vanity pet ever - the Baby Blizzard Bear.
Sqeeeeeee!

i actually logged in yesterday for the first time in weeks for the sake of getting the bear. it makes me happy. <3

other than that i seem to have lost interest in wow entirely. it's not a oh, my main is getting boring time to play a different class now thing, it is just that nothing about the game in general appeals to me at the moment. oh well.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 53   Go Up