THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 05:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 651183 times)

PizzaSHARK

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #600 on: 17 Dec 2008, 20:44 »

Got a chance to fiddle with my pally last night, and godDAMN is Infusion of Light fun.  Instant Flash of Light is incredible.

New judgement mechanics rock, and Seal of Corruption is so much better than SoR that it's not even funny.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #601 on: 17 Dec 2008, 21:20 »

Re: Guild names.

My least favorite guild/player names are those related to ganking/griefing other players despite the fact they're on a PvE server. Set Sail For Fail made me happy for a moment though, which is more than most attempts at cleverness ever manage.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #602 on: 17 Dec 2008, 23:05 »

I hate guild names based on memes... like Roflciers of the Lawl, crap like that.

I think my favorites were Razorfen Downs Syndrome (which got reported and changed to Razorfen Downsized), Keepers of the Groove (a play on the War3 hero, Keeper of the Grove), and The Corporation, which wasn't funny in and of itself, but they changed DKP to "Shares" and other corporation lingo.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #603 on: 17 Dec 2008, 23:15 »

Set Sail For Fail works for me only due to the rhyming, not the meme bit. Personally, I think coming up with a guild name should be treated like writing ass shaking music. The name should be punchy and capable of worming itself into your brain no matter how much you hate it. Whereas that Roflcers name is just drek all around.

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #604 on: 17 Dec 2008, 23:41 »

Well, it did fulfill the purpose of inspiring me to camp them out of the zone every time I encountered them, which isn't a bad goal for a PvP server.

Not that I wouldn't have done that anyway, them being Alliance scum and all.

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #605 on: 18 Dec 2008, 05:05 »

My mates jamie and tyko made the guild I think, other awesome guilds I have seen include "Wipe scene investigation" and "CSI DUROTAR" both on boulderfist, then on SWC "The Da Vinci Kodo" too bad they are alliance. "The cheese n cracker co" is a raiding guild my main is in, pretty good.

I am not a great fan of all the guild names with "bretheren" or "brothers" or "warriors" or "darkness" or "souls" but there are alot on SWC, heck I have a DK in one that my warrior was in called "Legend Killers" which is kinda lame.

A good funny guild name makes all the difference.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #606 on: 18 Dec 2008, 08:55 »

Lamest guild name I've been involved with was Noob Slayers. Truly a shit terrible name. But a friend of mine irl got to know a bunch of guys in the guild, joined up and insiisted they were actually a really good, smart guild. Turned out to be true, and they spent more time working on entering raid progression than living up to their name, so our interests dovetailed nicely and after a week of consideration, I joined up. It turned out to be a good match and they were the guys I first cleared MC with.

clockworkjames

« Reply #607 on: 20 Dec 2008, 19:02 »

Holy fuck I was just MT for a Kara PUG, it took 8 beers not counting the 4 beforehand.

Raid leader and the 2 healers were fucking ace, all but 1 DK was a prick and the hunters were pretty cool.

Everyone else SUCKED. I never got any purplz.

HC's with raid leader now, 80 boomkin yay!

Pics later.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #608 on: 20 Dec 2008, 19:29 »

I am currently downloading the game client and expansions. I'm going to join a private server because free is better than anything else.
Uh. Yeah. Not much else to say until I have the game. Any preference on race/class, anyone?

clockworkjames

« Reply #609 on: 20 Dec 2008, 19:56 »

I love being a warrior tank and I love to party with boomkins and treepeople.

So roll drood.

Ideal group would be 3 boomkins, a restro drood and me.

And pvt servers are laggy and suck overall. That and most people don't give a shit about anything since it is so easy to get, then there are all the bugs and stuff.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #610 on: 20 Dec 2008, 20:34 »

They're kind of like WoW with an extra dose of suck.

clockworkjames

« Reply #611 on: 20 Dec 2008, 21:14 »

Not even that much like WoW, most have a custom area with a bunch of epix venders and you will get ganked all the time by someone who has donated money for a 700DPS weapon and has 100k armour... that's the healers.

A wise man (Well, my mate Phil) once said to me
"WoW is like a really nice hooker who you spent a night with and you think, yeah she was fun but I don't really need her any more so you go without but then a month or two down the line you get a little craving, so you look her up and find out she has a new hairstyle, she has only gotten hotter, had a bewb job, spent a few weekends at the gym, learned a few new tricks so you get her over and it becomes a regular thing" or something.

Pvt servers would be like a crackwhore who is also your grandmother.

Enjoy your gross incest gaming.

J-cob9000

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • i forgot why i made that picture
« Reply #612 on: 21 Dec 2008, 17:10 »

The one I'm using has three realms. The realm I'm on just has higher rates. The rates aren't too high though. It's fair. The other realm is the fun realm with all the PvP.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #613 on: 21 Dec 2008, 19:22 »

My current server is hilarious since it is 2 months old and wasn't created expressly for a transfer migration; this leads to a perfect storm of newbies and genuine idiots who weren't really missing out on anything by leaving their old characters behind. I rolled a hunter alt recently and was powered through Deadmines by a level 47 Hunter along with a few other players. I lost a need roll on the Impaling Harpoon to a paladin and was promptly scolded by the hunter for rolling on it in the first place (and no, I hadn't won anything prior to this). Apparently his rationale is that dual wielding is across the board better anyway, which is kind of silly since hunters really just treat melee weapons like stat sticks most of the time. Of course, this guy was also wielding a Phantom Blade he crafted himself on a server in which Breaths of Wind cost a small fortune, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say he has no idea what the hell he's talking about. I should mention that I'm not in any way upset, since it was just a Deadmines run and the story really just adds to WoW's grand tradition of huntard lore.

clockworkjames

« Reply #614 on: 21 Dec 2008, 19:44 »

Because pally's need agi...

Oh wait-

Also kara pics, 2nd on dps as MT, got beaten by a 80 boomkin who was AWESOME.

clockworkjames

« Reply #615 on: 21 Dec 2008, 21:15 »

I lost http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28502 to a fucking DK (Deathjord, you can see him there above the healers on the Damage meter) and they would be far superior to my green daleran bracers of suck.

Block value, for a DK honestly.

Raid leader said it should go to me as MT, but he kicked up a fuss about how he won the roll so he should get them. Before he proceeded to roll for everything inc BoP epix cloth drops and a drood relic/idol/trinket I forget.

It was on the first boss too, later on we found out he sucks at DPS, needed 3rd most healing and was a dick.

Moral of the story is fun pug's are not fun for loot. I know all the gear is old hat and will soon be replaced by http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41116 but still, what a dick.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #616 on: 21 Dec 2008, 22:08 »

I think my all time low point was when a couple of my guildmates were helping me farm BRD for the Hand Of Justice, which was easily one of the premier rogue trinkets in the game since extra attack procs scale so insanely well as the rest of your gear improves. We took some random Holy specd paladin along because he had been mewling about needing to finish a quest in there all day, but when the damn HoJ dropped he rolled on it and won despite knowing that was the only reason we went. My guildmate who was leading the group immediately kicked him and was apologetic for days afterwards for not setting it to master loot in the first place.

And yeah, I feel for you Jens, luckily my own guild leader never did anything like that. Hell, one time, my guild leader's roommate (who played a hunter) raised a stink over not getting equal bidding rights to the first Core Hound Tooth that dropped for us despite the willingness of many rogues to respec to Combat Daggers for it if need be. It ended with me getting the dagger and my guild leader saying "Jason, I swear to god I will skullfuck you to death if you don't quit whining about this" over Ventrillo. Probably not the best way to handle things, but seriously, the dude was already first in line for the Ancient Leaf as it was.
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2008, 22:11 by Alex C »

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #617 on: 21 Dec 2008, 23:38 »

I lost http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28502 to a fucking DK (Deathjord, you can see him there above the healers on the Damage meter) and they would be far superior to my green daleran bracers of suck.
I LoLed IRL when I read that. That DK was stupid.
The loot part have allways been easy when playing with friends. We had a strict "mains before alts", "most need most get" and "main spec before off spec" policys. Worked really nice.
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

clockworkjames

« Reply #618 on: 22 Dec 2008, 20:38 »

Hey guys you ever heard of this skill called "Enraged regeneration"? Me neither, now my downtime is similar to that of a deathknight while questing.

This is good news for the next 3 levels.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #619 on: 22 Dec 2008, 22:21 »

Mining is the worst thing. I hate those god forsaken stretches like the one between tin and iron. You know, when all the common nodes are green to you and the only times you're even remotely likely to get a skill up is when you stumble upon the odd silver vein. It makes me want to burn the whole world down.

clockworkjames

« Reply #620 on: 22 Dec 2008, 23:12 »

I am just pissed I gotta mine a bunch until 450, then I can smelt titanium and titansteel.
And BS can GTFO, I am only like 432 and don't get any new recipies until 440 then they start costing epix worth of mats because they are epix...

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #621 on: 23 Dec 2008, 02:22 »

Why are you running KZ at 80? :/

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #622 on: 23 Dec 2008, 10:25 »

I do so love skinning. May not be as lucrative as mining, but I'm rarely ever wanting for mats.

My current goal is the "The Explorer" title. All I've got left is Northrend.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

« Reply #623 on: 23 Dec 2008, 15:03 »

I was 74, now I am 76 and I ran it for shits and giggles. Doing it again tomorrow... Me tanking, 80 restro drood, 80 boomkin, 80 rogue and a 71 hunter.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #624 on: 23 Dec 2008, 16:46 »

I am downloading WotLK now! Yaaaay!
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

mishy

« Reply #625 on: 24 Dec 2008, 08:10 »

i feel compelled to make a post here, even though i have nothing to add to the current conversations.
actually, my interest in the game is waning. in september, my account was inactive for nearly a month.
trying to level my disc priest (76 currently) and boomkin (78) and just... not interested. there's so much more in the game now, but i hardly play.
what's wrong with me??!?!?!1

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #626 on: 24 Dec 2008, 14:09 »

While updating my auctions at lunch on the ol' laptop, I ran into a guy on trade chat who insists that he's still a super casual player becaue he only spends 5 or 6 hours a day on Warcraft.

WTB: Perspective!

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #627 on: 24 Dec 2008, 21:04 »

See, I used to manage raiding on around 2-3 hours a day most of the week. and maybe 5 or 6 hours a day on the weekend when we'd bang out our raids.* And we were 5 on my server for progression (third on Alliance) and we were actually the first to down Vael. I guess I just don't understand how I used to be hardcore when people were regularly lapping me on logged in time.

Also, I'm not really an easy guy to offend or annoy. But there's a dude on my server who's spamming trade in all caps with the message "NEED GOLD PLZ, FOR CANCER!!," and if I could have one wish right now, it'd be the ability to teleport into his room and Falcon Punch him right in the gonads.

*I played quite a bit more that while initially leveling, but tapered down a lot after I hit around 53 or so.
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2008, 22:31 by Alex C »

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #628 on: 25 Dec 2008, 00:34 »

In other news, Warrior/Holy Pally is still an incredibly fun 2's comp and is actually fairly effective against the Warrior/Druid DK/Retardin FotM combo.

clockworkjames

« Reply #629 on: 25 Dec 2008, 00:39 »

Restro drood and Prot tank is slow but never fails in PvE.

I never seem to enjoy or find it worthwhile to party with a pally, but as I said before I fucking love partying with any drood.
« Last Edit: 25 Dec 2008, 00:42 by clockworkjames »

masquerade

« Reply #630 on: 25 Dec 2008, 00:51 »

Restro drood and Prot tank is slow but never fails in PvE.

I never seem to enjoy or find it worthwhile to party with a pally, but as I said before I fucking love partying with any drood.

Because we're fucking awesome.

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #631 on: 25 Dec 2008, 01:27 »

Yes, but PvE is hardly a challenge, especially if you've done it more than once.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #632 on: 25 Dec 2008, 01:48 »

I officialy love rogues again, although it was touch and go at first. On the one hand, there's some mobs that I could easily spank as a feral druid that are a lot riskier to tangle with as a rogue; it really comes down to the simple fact that unlike players, mobs are quite happy to regenerate all their health the second you exit combat via vanish; rogues don't have an emergency button so much as they have a reset button. It's a great trick, and a wonderful aggro dump in group situations, but for solo work it's not really going to be winning you any battles. Evasion and adrenaline rush are nice, but when it comes to laying the smackdown on the nastier types of elites, they're just not as reliable as the ridiculous kitty->bear->Frenzied Regen->Bash+Heal-> Bear=Victory formula. On the other hand, my rogue's a whirling dervish of pointy edged doom against non-elites; the speed is just ridiculous. Also, I'm slightly bitter that my favorite thing about playing a rogue again is all the god damned bug fixes, not interesting new gameplay mechanics. Ah well, other than that, it's been fun. The fragility vs. heavy hitting mobs issue will also go away for the most part once I'm actually geared worth a damn.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #633 on: 25 Dec 2008, 09:27 »

Last night I reactivated my account and I knew it had been a while, but I never expected to get lost in freaking Stormwind. I mean, come on, that's my favorite Alliance city and I got lost. I felt silly. And then I found the docks and was all "holy crap" and jumped the boat to Northrend. Whee! I also made a DK out of curiosity, but I don't have a definite opinion on it yet.

clockworkjames

« Reply #634 on: 25 Dec 2008, 13:12 »

WTB 3.0.8

Gonna try to get to 80 before 2009.

mishy

« Reply #635 on: 25 Dec 2008, 13:29 »

WTB 3.0.8

ditto.

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #636 on: 25 Dec 2008, 22:33 »

WTB 3.0.8

I've been buying sets of Ornate Saronite since they're cheap right now, because the stat distribution is horrible (no INT, and STR on the belt?  What the fuck were they smoking, and where can I get some?), but it'll sell pretty good with the 308 changes.

I still want 308 for the various nerfs and changes, but I'm okay with it being another couple of weeks :P

messeduplilkid

• Larger than most fish
    • TheRoarer.
« Reply #637 on: 25 Dec 2008, 22:46 »

If anyone wants or is Rolled on Laughing Skull (us) Horde faction let me know.

Taioki, level 80 Restoration shaman.

I used to spec back and forth between Enhancement for pvp and Restoration in pve. But I wanted to really contend in this season of pvp and try to hit 1900. I hit somewhere in the 1800's in season 3.

I haven't had a good latency since I left my college apartment to come home for the holiday. I sure hope I earned 350 arena points this week so I can get my second piece of savage gear.

I also just finished heroic Naxx.

How far is everyone else when it comes to progession in pve and pvp?

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #638 on: 26 Dec 2008, 01:41 »

I'd strongly suggest you use your APs for Hateful gear and just use the crafted PvP set to tide you over until then.  The leap from, say, Ornate Saronite to Hateful Gladiator is much greater than the hop from Ornate Saronite to Savage Gladiator.  If you're confident in your abilities, then I'd say just save up for Deadly, but it may be difficult to compete in blues in the first season of the new expansion, and like crafted-Savage, the Hateful-Deadly hop isn't too big of a gulf, either.  You'll want to enchant both sets, but I'd suggest saving the high-dollar enchants for epic gear and go for the mid-range enchants on the rares - get +50 SP to the weapon instead of the much pricier +63, for example.  TBC enchants, in particular, are very cost-effective now with the massive price drop in primals.

Granted, Ornate Saronite fairly sucks right now (I'm using a mix of PvE and Ornate Saronite since OS has nowhere near enough INT on it till 308), and other crafted sets might suck, too.  But you really do need the high HP and Resilience those sets will give you, especially if you're gonna PvP as something as squishy as an Enhancement Shaman.  I do hope you're smart enough to use a shield.

In other news, Holy Pallies work ridiculously well with DKs.  A friend and I took over the Alliance flagroom for about 18 minutes - 2 minutes shy of reaching the +100% damage debuff.  At one point, it was 2v8 and we killed them all.  Way too much fun.

clockworkjames

« Reply #639 on: 26 Dec 2008, 02:03 »

I've been buying sets of Ornate Saronite since they're cheap right now, because they suck and people need to grind past them to get to decent 440 stuff and all the other saronite stuff is DPS warrior stuff with a little bit of sucky tanking gear.

Fix'd.

A little pissy about having thousands of G worth of armour nobody will ever use ever on my second bank only lv1 priest with a full bank of netherweave bags and inv full of crafted shitty blues and 30-80 green and blue BoE drops?

NEVAR.

Never going to get epic flying or cold flying.

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #640 on: 26 Dec 2008, 04:53 »

Hey?  Fuck off, I'm an engineer.  At least you can pawn your worthless shit off to enchanters.  What the hell is anyone gonna do with twenty hand-mounted rocket launchers only I can use?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #641 on: 26 Dec 2008, 07:38 »

Engineering is a hugely selfish profession. I didn't realize this until after I made my hunter do it, but you know, who cares. I can make my own guns and bullets and soon I'll be able to make jumper cables. And yes, you can always get your stuff disenchanted and then sell the shards, etc.

supersheep

• Scrabble hacker
  • you'll have to speak up, i'm a fish and lack ears
« Reply #642 on: 26 Dec 2008, 08:15 »

It has a number of nice get-out-of-jail-free cards - target dummies, for example, have saved my ass more than a few times, when Vanish has been on cooldown and I'm outta healing potions.
DJ Weight Problem: if you think semantics isn't that important maybe you should just can dig four banana nine jenkins razor blade dinosaur

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #643 on: 26 Dec 2008, 09:02 »

I'm just happy about a couple of things when it comes to professions.

1. Regardless of how good it is relative to other professions, at least leatherworking doesn't suck as bad as it did pre-BC. Drums kick enough kick ass that I could almost forgive anything..

2. I can actually take leatherworking instead of herbalism/alchemy on a rogue without getting gouged on the AH for fadeleaf. Seriously, what the hell was blizzard thinking back in the day? How was it even remotely fair that one of our core class skills required a reagent that could only be gathered with herbalism? It's been a few years now and I'm still kind of bitter about it, particularly since I played on a PvP server back then. It's bad enough that I'm still stuck paying for reagents for the odd dose of thistle tea.

thegreatbuddha

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #644 on: 28 Dec 2008, 21:38 »

The Epic Paladin Mount is such a headache. I've spent 400g so far, with another 50-60g to spend, as well as 3 instances. Had I known going in, I would have just spent 600g at the mount vendor.
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #645 on: 28 Dec 2008, 22:22 »

There's my main. I am not a fan of the lag that's in Borean Tundra, but then one of my friends told me to wait until I got to Dalaran. Supposedly it's worse than Shattrath, which means I probably won't go there for fear of getting kicked off as soon as I step in the city.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #646 on: 29 Dec 2008, 06:22 »

Oh God...Dalaran lag...

I have a solid connection and a nice set of hardware. That said, the second I step into Dalaran, my FPS tends to plummet from about 35 down to 15 while my latency jumps from the standard 115 I usually hit to around 300 or 400.

It'll pass, though. It's basically replacing Shattrath as THE place to hearth for high levels. It's bad sometimes, but it doesn't even touch the lag I've gotten in Orgrimmar on more than one occasion and I can't imagine it being any worse than Shat probably was in the early days. You could easily get to Shatt as soon as you dinged fifty-eight, but you need to be either 74 or bribe a 'lock to get to Dalaran, and even if you do, there's nothing much to do there before that, so you're really only seeing 74-80 players.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

« Reply #647 on: 29 Dec 2008, 07:37 »

Set your HS to lower city for faster load times and more managable framerate.

You still of course need to go topside for portals...

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #648 on: 29 Dec 2008, 18:34 »

Man, dude. I am running on 200 - 400 latency all the time. Dalaran jumps me up into the 800's to 1000's. It takes a good 10 seconds before my character even appears. It has gotten a lot better though lately. The first time I went there I couldn't even walk around properly.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

PizzaSHARK

« Reply #649 on: 29 Dec 2008, 20:44 »

Who cares dude we get motorcycles

Correction: Anyone gets motorcycles.  Engineers are the only ones that can make them, but they do not require Engineering to use.  Complete bullshit, if you ask me, because no one's gonna pay 15,000 gold for a mount - and that's about how much they cost to make (around 12,000-14,000.)

That said, being an Engineer is still incredibly fun, just not particularly lucrative.  Rifles cost a lot of materials to make; it's cheaper to simply buy the enchanting materials off the AH.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 53   Go Up