THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 02:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 651050 times)

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #951 on: 26 Feb 2009, 21:04 »

Seriously, I love being a mage so hard because of portals. It makes my life so much easier. Also the gold is a bonus - I've had people pay me crazy amounts of gold to port to one city, meet them, port them back somewhere else.

In other news - 25NAXX on farm oh yes. I have my t7.5 shoulders, pants and gloves (25NAXX) and my t7 robe (10NAXX).

Also, the new weapons from ulduar look awesome, seriously.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #952 on: 26 Feb 2009, 23:18 »

Nvm, I was wrong.

But HS CD 30 min is... meh. [irony]Teleport to anywhere for free is the way to go.[/irony]
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2009, 05:53 by Covetous »
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #953 on: 27 Feb 2009, 04:39 »

I disagree.  Travel from one side of the world needs to take an appreciable amount of time or else the player loses respect for the size of the game world.  In my opinion the quick travel in Guild Wars made the world seem smaller and less impressive than it should have been, for example.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #954 on: 27 Feb 2009, 09:01 »

By the sound of your prior post, I'll assume you haven't spent much time in Northrend yet, but you have to have at least spent plenty of time in Outland.

The novelty of how huge the game world is stops being a novelty and starts becoming a hindrance once you get to Outland, especially for Horde. When I was in Outland, if I wanted to do something in Azeroth, I had to go to Shat, port back and then either pay some Mage like ten gold to port me back to Shattrath or spend ten to twenty minutes getting back. That's ten to twenty minutes I'm spending running/flying and riding and waiting for zeppelins that I could be spending actually enjoying the game (Game being the operative word, not a chore). For Horde, this often meant flying all the way back to Shat from Netherstorm or Shadowmoon (Which is like six or seven minutes on its own) then porting to a Horde city to fly to wherever it is I had to be, then back to Orgrimmar or Undercity and from there (Depending on which) either flying ten minutes from Undercity to the dark portal or waiting a few minutes for the zeppelin and then riding said zeppelin before even being able to do that much.

And it's not much better in Northrend. If I'm down in Azeroth, I have to travel to Undercity or Orgrimmar and then travel all the way back to Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord, which then resulted in a ten minute or so flight to wherever I had to be.

Bear in mind, I could use a bank alt to do my auctioneering and such, but the grind from 58 to 80 becomes a huge pain in the ass due to having to travel back to Azeroth to train because there are no class trainers in Outland or Northrend. I've had points where I wasn't sure if it would take more time to just wait out my hearth or actively travel. The hearth cooldown is something that should've been done when the Burning Crusade first dropped. It's either this or add an AH and a full array of class trainers to Shattrath and Dalaran (And that still doesn't account for levels 68 through 74, where you can access Northrend but can't get to Dalaran without a mage).

I've heard people say it's an "easy" matter to manage your hearth cooldown, but it's really not. Not when you're questing in Sholozar Basin or Grizzly Hills, where you have to travel a pain in the ass distance to get back to Dalaran to port or travel a slightly less pain in the ass distance to Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord only to have to catch a boat or zeppelin back to Azeroth.
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #955 on: 27 Feb 2009, 10:10 »

est the lv 71 tank had more than likely been a MT in a raiding guild at 70 so he will have sick tanking gear. One or two tank trinks and pieces I had I did not replace until high 70's so don't worry.

Also you willl have 3-4 setf of tank gear, not full sets but pieces you swap in for boss fights/trash/5man/pvp for shield block or dodge or whatever. It gets annoying but is useful when you have 2 of most slots item lv 213 stuff  :-D

Example being having 25% dodge in a 5 man HC when you are fully naxx 25 man geared is bad since you dodge too much and get rage starved lose aggro and wipe. The fix to rage when dodging has been spoken about for ages but I do not know when it is coming.

I got over 30khp unbuffed in my 10man and trash gear :D 33  is pretty much the best tanks get atm.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #956 on: 27 Feb 2009, 18:09 »

Jon, I guess I can see where you are coming from, but for me it's not that big a deal to jump on a gryphon headed to Shattrath, then go off to the bathroom or make a cup of tea or something.  By the time I am back I can mount up and run through the portal, go train or AH or whatever, then hearth back to Shattrath and gryphon back to where I was.  If my HS isn't up yet I just grind or quest until it is.  If I'm running our of space in my bags I'll mail shit to an alt at the nearest town.  At the moment it is getting kind of fiddly for me due to me straddling three places (ie: Original, Outland & Northrend) but I am gonna concentrate on getting Outland done first.

To be honest I think that the amount of running around has seemed to decrease for me in Northrend.  The areas are pretty big, but they have flight paths all over the joint and a handful of different quest hubs in each zone, so it seems like there is a hell of a lot to do in each area.  As a result I started out mis-reading your post and thought that you were talking to Jens, and was surprised when I realised you were saying the opposite thing.

James, he was, but I like to hold myself to a high standard.  The fact is that I could have that kind of gear, so it is my fault for playing the way I do instead of the way that would get me that kind of gear.  Also, even if I was doing PvP or running PUG instances I'd be getting gear that is better than mine, so I am trying to incite myself to get cracking on that.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2009, 18:11 by est »

clockworkjames

« Reply #957 on: 27 Feb 2009, 18:55 »

In all honesty there is no point, not as many people do the raids he did for those items and he will have spent MONTHS getting it all to be replacing it now, it's not much fun doing old content with a bunch of PUG's, you will replace it all so don't worry about getting it, focus on getting to 80 and fuck your gear, it just gets in the way.

Get xp now, and gear when you hit 80.

It's all about the endgame which will blow your fucking mind.

You done many pug's atm? don't bother with HC 70's just do the nexus and utguard keep tbh  :-D

crohnsy

• Plantmonster
  • hmm....
« Reply #958 on: 02 Mar 2009, 06:37 »

In all honesty there is no point, not as many people do the raids he did for those items and he will have spent MONTHS getting it all to be replacing it now, it's not much fun doing old content with a bunch of PUG's, you will replace it all so don't worry about getting it, focus on getting to 80 and fuck your gear, it just gets in the way.

Get xp now, and gear when you hit 80.

It's all about the endgame which will blow your fucking mind.

You done many pug's atm? don't bother with HC 70's just do the nexus and utguard keep tbh  :-D

agreed  you are wasting your time. get to 80- asap and then the gear will come and also you can go back and do allt he quests you missed for tons of gold. then buy your epic flyer and cold weather flying and you'll be set.  that is until you decide you want the 310% flyer  ^^

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #959 on: 02 Mar 2009, 10:35 »

I think it's a bit much to say he's wasting his time; he's a relatively inexperienced player so much of the 70s content is just as new to him as any of the 80s content, so there's definitely some fun to be had from an Azeroth-Outland world tour. Basically, raiding is other oriented and solo play is self-oriented. I like raiding because I like meeting goals and keeping up with the Joneses. But if you're just interested in puttering around and seeing the gameworld, then nobody's interests but your own should matter. Granted, I myself have been skipping pre-80 instances on my rogue, but that's mostly because it's a case of been there done that. That said, yes, if you're worreid about gear quality the most time efficient thing to do is hit 80 and work from there.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2009, 10:40 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #960 on: 02 Mar 2009, 17:04 »

Well, at the moment I am just tooling about, having fun.  Was in Terokkar earlier but ran out of quests.  I went down into Shadowmoon Valley after that but it wasn't as fun for me at the time.  I'll think about heading back there after I've finished up my tour of the verdant fields of Nagrand.

clockworkjames

« Reply #961 on: 02 Mar 2009, 17:22 »

Yeah but unless you have the most understanding guild ever there is no way you will get a competant group for a 70 hc or raid. It won't be so much fun with a group of 80's going fro the achievement.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #962 on: 04 Mar 2009, 18:09 »

I did a real live instance last night.

Well, not really actually.  I did a portion of Dire Maul with some random dude because I found a Warrior-only book on the AH that I got curious about.  The resulting trinket was kind of boring, but whatever, it was a lark.

After that I went fishing.  With Alt-Z, some sort of fishing buddy add-on and in the right spot it is surprisingly soothing.  It would almost be enough to convince me to take up fishing for real, but I am deathly afraid of fish hooks and not very partial to waking up at the crack of dawn to stand near water.

Anyway, my cooking is at 375 at the moment, waiting for me to train it to the next level, my first aid is currently just above 400, so fishing (at about 165?) is letting the side down.  I am pretty sure I want to get both the Chef and Salty titles if I can, because I love all this useless shit.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #963 on: 04 Mar 2009, 19:39 »

I wouldn't want to stand near water if I lived in Australia either. I'd be afraid a fifty foot tall dingo with gills would jump out at me or something.

I've been running classic instances lately too. On my level 80...

I wanted the achievements, but fuck if I wanted to legitimately work for them. Of all of them, though, Wailing Caverns was easily one of the biggest pains in my ass. Only the Blackrock Depths and lower spire were worse.
JON MADE ME GAY

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #964 on: 04 Mar 2009, 19:50 »

I hate BRS. I used to hang around in there before MC/BWL raids; I would solo Pyromancers in the hopes of getting the Greater Fire Protection recipe to drop. Never did get the damn thing; by the time I saw one on the AH we already had Rag on farm with minimal buffs.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #965 on: 04 Mar 2009, 20:06 »

That is what I had been doing a little while ago while skilling up the weapons I had neglected.  I had used 1h axes for the longest time, so most of my other weapons were lacking.  I put together a cache of weapons to practice with while doing noob area quests for rep, then to break up the monotony of smacking the bejesus out of low-level mobs in the great outdoors I'd venture into the low-level instances I'd skipped and beat the snot out of those guys too.  It's pretty amusing hearing the boss of an instance gloating over how dead he's going to make you, then ripping him and his lackeys apart in a few seconds.

Doing this kind of stuff is also a good break from "serious" levelling, because it's a bit of a romp, really.  Tonight I am probably gonna hit 225ish fishing and head over to Theramore to talk to Nat Pagle about some fish.  Hopefully by the time 2-4pm Sunday PST rolls around I'll have enough skill to participate in the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza thinger, which will be pretty fun.  (actually, fucking hell scratch that - Sunday 2-4pm server time is Monday 9-11am Sydney time, and I can hardly tell the boss "hey, sorry man, gonna be in late Monday morning - got me some virtual fishing to do."  Fucking fuckers)

clockworkjames

« Reply #966 on: 04 Mar 2009, 21:00 »

Oh man fishing, bs maxed, mining maxed, cooking 2 points off maxed, first aid maxed, fishing about 200.

It's the most boring thing ever, fucking hate it but I need it to cook raid food /sigh.

Oh and a trink dropped for me last nite after naxx when I was mining to sell ore for epic flying lessons... flew over to a node at a quarry in storm peaks and started hitting it before 3 mobs came and ate me, stunned them all with shockwave and mined then realised I was still in combat so could not mount and fly away, killed them and looted... second best healing trink in the game is now on hellscream AH for 9k bid or 14k b/o

Need to sell it before it loses value on release of Uldar etc, some servers it goes for 20k but on mine it's 10-14k (some servers is 3-4k) but some lucky rich drood might make me happy.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37835

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #967 on: 04 Mar 2009, 21:07 »

Oh man, so.  Dire Maul last night, right?  I helped the random dude kill some kind of big tree man, but we didn't realise that you have to clear the front hall first, so a whole shitload of other trees came charging in when the guy was at about a quarter health.  The other dude died pretty quickly, but I managed to finish killing the main guy then survive for about 30 seconds longer with the entirety of the front hall trying to beat on me.  I couldn't do much due to them practically stun-locking me (which I have to do something about if I can, srsly) but for how many of them there were it took them a rather long time to kill me, so I guess I can take small comfort from that, heh.

clockworkjames

« Reply #968 on: 05 Mar 2009, 00:37 »

other than speccing pvp stylee for reduced stun duration (and meta gem too) nothing you can do about stun locks apart from trinking...

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #969 on: 05 Mar 2009, 01:50 »

After posting that I realised I hadn't hit Iron Will in my current build yet, so I am guessing it'll become less pronounced.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #970 on: 05 Mar 2009, 11:02 »

Man, that happened to me like a week or two ago when I ran Dire Maul. I'd never run a single instance until I started running the low levels solo for the achievements. I managed to run through BRD and Lower BRS with no trouble (I went by continent rather than difficulty to save myself a bunch of jumping back and forth), but that fucking tree stampede absolutely demolished me.
JON MADE ME GAY

clockworkjames

« Reply #971 on: 05 Mar 2009, 12:07 »

Naxx patchwork construct thingys, the massive fat dudes all do the tauren racial war stomp thingy but it's instant cast. Sucks when all 3 tanks are getting stunlocked at the same time so the dps need to hold off, or a tank runs in and out so as to keep aggro without getting stunned (intervene/charge ftw).

[edit]
Shammy got http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40264 :( Ehancements should have 2 slow weps but she needed on that I was so sad because my tanking buddy got both http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40189 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39730 while I got nothing Q_Q
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2009, 11:46 by clockworkjames »

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #972 on: 10 Mar 2009, 18:54 »

Considering I hit eighty in Storm Peaks, I am just now getting around to the quests in Icecrown for funsies. God dammit, this shit is fucking epic. Some of the quests are just absolutely badass. Not to mention the fact I managed to make like 800 gold over the course of today just running through a bunch of them. The dailies alone netted me most of that.
JON MADE ME GAY

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #973 on: 10 Mar 2009, 18:58 »

I think that the most amusing set of quests I've done so far have been the ones for the Murlocs in Borean Tundra, with the King Mrgl-Mrgl dude.  Absolutely ridiculous.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #974 on: 10 Mar 2009, 19:06 »

The Wrath Gate event is still probably the coolest I've dealt with, but the major quest chain in Storm Peaks involving the Hodir and then the questline involving the ghost child in Icecrown have both been awesome.
JON MADE ME GAY

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #975 on: 11 Mar 2009, 02:37 »

I think the most ridiculous quest ever was making those two seals fall in love. that really elevated the game to a surreal level ...
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

clockworkjames

« Reply #976 on: 11 Mar 2009, 03:17 »

I think that the most amusing set of quests I've done so far have been the ones for the Murlocs in Borean Tundra, with the King Mrgl-Mrgl dude.  Absolutely ridiculous.
oh noes the tadpoles?

If they didn't despawn I would never have handed that quest in EVAR.

Also just downed KT on 25 man finally last nite.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #977 on: 11 Mar 2009, 05:22 »

Oh man, yeah.  Those murloc tadpoles were the cutest little things.  I looked around online to see if there were any pets you could get, but alas :(

clockworkjames

« Reply #978 on: 11 Mar 2009, 11:06 »

I have lurky the murloc pet, he is my favourite.

And as for naxx, just spent the last 5 hours clearing 10 man, then we had to stop before the big bloo dragon because people needed to feed children and such. Ptch.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #979 on: 11 Mar 2009, 18:53 »

Naxx is actually starting to get boring now - we have all 25man raids on farm status, so we are really only doing it for the loot that people still need (I still need a couple of things).

WTB: Ulduar Raids.

clockworkjames

« Reply #980 on: 12 Mar 2009, 00:30 »

Yeah we had all but the 4 horsemen on farm and now that seems super super easy, the dragon fight is just another dragon fight and KT wasn't that tough.

First Malygos tonite woo!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #981 on: 12 Mar 2009, 16:00 »

These are so funny. I loved running around in a freshly cleaned murloc suit.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #982 on: 13 Mar 2009, 16:16 »

Yeah definitely.  Galumphing along like a tard.  I couldn't stop jumping around and laughing at how ridiculous I looked.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #983 on: 15 Mar 2009, 00:14 »

Yeah we had all but the 4 horsemen on farm and now that seems super super easy, the dragon fight is just another dragon fight and KT wasn't that tough.

First Malygos tonite woo!

It took us a while to get Maly on 25man, but last week we one-shotted him. Was rather awesome. It's a fun fight.

I've been questing in Borean Tundra to get the gold and acheivement (I started out in HF) and I just finished those murloc quests - the baby ones are SUPER CUTE. I was spam clicking them to hear the silly sounds they make.

clockworkjames

« Reply #984 on: 15 Mar 2009, 03:15 »

Fuck malygos I hate that fight because I cannot tank, all I do is jump around spell reflecting and taunting adds, and doing a half assed dual wield ass kicking of a dragon.

Bring on more proper raids tbh, none of this 1 boss pish.

Stupid Human

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #985 on: 17 Mar 2009, 09:10 »

Fuck malygos I hate that fight because I cannot tank, all I do is jump around spell reflecting and taunting adds, and doing a half assed dual wield ass kicking of a dragon.

You weren't much for old world dragon bosses were you?

clockworkjames

« Reply #986 on: 17 Mar 2009, 16:59 »

I MT'd them

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #987 on: 18 Mar 2009, 01:15 »

Useless fact: Back in EQ some of the dragons were not MT'able because they ignored threat list rules and just attacked whoever the fuck they wanted.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #988 on: 18 Mar 2009, 10:02 »

Another fun but useless EQ fact: Prior to expansions and raid quality gear, a max level Magician's Fire Elemental pet could easily solo a max level Warrior. My friend who played a magician had absolutely no problem with this and called warriors who complained about their utter lack of soloing capability "whiney bitches."

Everquest!

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #989 on: 18 Mar 2009, 15:29 »

I totally had an epiphany.

The next hero class should be an armored murloc. It would be like the anti-DK, way underpowered. You'd play it for the prestige of saying shit like "Yeah? Well I downed such and such DPSing with an armored murloc!"
JON MADE ME GAY

Dunxco

• Plantmonster
  • Sir Grumpy
« Reply #990 on: 18 Mar 2009, 21:20 »

You weren't much for old world dragon bosses were you?

He's got a point. As it stands, your choice is between a 14-boss slugfest of easy proportions, or two one-boss encounters, one of which has a scaleable difficulty mode. It's not exactly thrilling. I always get stuck being an add tank on Sarthation and it's dull as hell. Malygos is even worse, because my job is to do craptacular DPS in my tanking gear while Death-Gripping and Chains of Ice-ing the sparks to the middle of the platform. Whoop-dee-ferkin'-dooI guess what made bosses like Onyxia epic was the feeling of it was you and 39 mates going to kick her teeth down her throat. While that isn't necessary in multiple-boss dungeons, the absence of a coalition is really felt on the current one-boss content (for me, at least). Downing Malygos or Sarthation with 25 people just isn't as epic. Downing them with 10 is a fucking joke. Then again, that's probably my lore-nerd getting all angry about this.
Regards,

D.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #991 on: 19 Mar 2009, 04:50 »

I totally had an epiphany.

The next hero class should be an armored murloc. It would be like the anti-DK, way underpowered. You'd play it for the prestige of saying shit like "Yeah? Well I downed such and such DPSing with an armored murloc!"

Jon, I would love this if I could galumph about like you do in the murloc suit in that set of quests.  Or no, it's actually just a dude in a murloc suit who thinks he's a murloc hero.  Tops.

clockworkjames

« Reply #992 on: 19 Mar 2009, 06:24 »

Thought they were gonna make a rogue/lock combo called a witch hunter?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #993 on: 19 Mar 2009, 10:52 »

You mean Demon Hunter?
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2009, 10:56 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #994 on: 19 Mar 2009, 18:37 »

That's it, witch hunters are those human dudes in warhammer online. Which sucks balls.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #995 on: 20 Mar 2009, 19:41 »

Jon, maybe they'll meet you halfway and make murlocs one of the next races.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

messeduplilkid

• Larger than most fish
    • TheRoarer.
« Reply #996 on: 21 Mar 2009, 00:20 »

Anyone in addition to me have their twilight vanquisher yet?

Also, anyone in addition to me a hardcore griefer? I can't help but ninja everything with my friends when we bring a bring a pug in or do vault.

philharmonic

• Furry furrier
« Reply #997 on: 21 Mar 2009, 19:28 »

BEAVERSTICK
*was getting tired of that slug*

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #998 on: 21 Mar 2009, 20:00 »

PvE griefing is incredibly douchey. I've ganked my share of players before. I mean, I used to play a rogue and moonlighted as a shadow priest on a PvP server, for god's sake. I've killed lower level players as they stood in front of a mailbox on occasion. I've mind controlled people and forced them into the lava of Blackrock mountain before as an act of retribution for killing my guildmates. I've repeatedly killed guys so I could have farming spots to myself. But even I think colluding to keep a Pugger from having a fair shot at the loot is pretty low.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #999 on: 23 Mar 2009, 00:27 »

I'd like to think that the dude is mucking around or maybe trying to evoke a response from us.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53   Go Up