THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 06:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 651221 times)

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1100 on: 18 Apr 2009, 14:27 »

Ok I am going to start adding you kids. My 80 on Ravencrest is Disinterest. Just send me a line when youre on and who you are, and ill make a quick bag/gold drop for ya. Once everyone starts getting up, ill fly you through instances, etc.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1101 on: 18 Apr 2009, 14:51 »

And who said I want ret for group work? I enjoy tanking, and everyone and their mother is DPS. As you noted, ret and prot share strength and stamina as their critical primary stats, which is a lot more than prot and holy share. With tanking gear on, switching to ret and switching out trinkets would be enough to give me a bit of DPS fun in PVP, whereas prot and holy share absolutely no stats (you're not even going to really get much benefit from increased expertise). I enjoy WoW, but nowhere near enough to acquire two sets of epics.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1102 on: 18 Apr 2009, 15:18 »

you'd be more dead weight than anything dpsing in gear like that. Just saying. You'd be better off pvping as prot (which is a barrel of laughs, I know)
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #1103 on: 18 Apr 2009, 17:30 »

You said you would probably dual spec ret, as for int and mp5 they are just as important as the green stats for dps, if you are going to dps in tank gear don't take it further than 5mans because then you would be dead weight. Stamina isn't integral to dps, it's just there which is why I listed it as a stat on dps gear, alot of the time the green stats are more important than the str or stam.

All I was saying is don't base your dual spec choice on what you can bodge gear together for, do whatever one is most fun, gearing holy would be pretty easy to gear for anyways.
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #1104 on: 18 Apr 2009, 20:12 »

Up there I say DPSing in instances does not interest me because I enjoy tanking. I also state that I will base my dual speccing on what I want to do not on what gear I can club together! Also healing is insanely boring!

Please read posts before replying thank you!
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #1105 on: 19 Apr 2009, 05:31 »

I think it's interesting to note that after I bought my dual spec on the day after the patch I started thinking about how to spec and instead logged out and went to play Witcher Enhanced Edition for like, five days straight.  I think maybe it's WoW break time again, or that perhaps this Ravencrest thing is well-timed in order to gimme a break from things.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1106 on: 19 Apr 2009, 08:40 »

Up there I say DPSing in instances does not interest me because I enjoy tanking. I also state that I will base my dual speccing on what I want to do not on what gear I can club together! Also healing is insanely boring!

Please read posts before replying thank you!

Oh, so you like tanking but not DPS or healing? (I can relate) THEN DON'T DUAL SPEC. You were talking about going ret, read your own fucking post you moron. Was just giving some advice since you posted as if you have no clue about how to dual spec.

I'm considering Dual Spec, (probably dual spec to ret because I'll need completely different gear and glyphs to be anywhere near effective as a healadin, my mana pool is tiny) but I haven't got epic flying or cold weather flying yet, so that's frankly quite a distance off.

Or do you get two different sets of glyphs and action bars when you dual spec?

Nowhere do you say you don't like to DPS or that you find healing boring, I was advising you on what you had said, sorry for helkping you not make a fool of yourself turning up to an instance dps specced in tank gear and getting laughed out of the group.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
« Reply #1107 on: 19 Apr 2009, 08:52 »

I have said three times now that I do not want to use DPS for instances! Please try!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1108 on: 19 Apr 2009, 09:59 »

Jesus.

And who said I want ret for group work? I enjoy tanking, and everyone and their mother is DPS. As you noted, ret and prot share strength and stamina as their critical primary stats, which is a lot more than prot and holy share. With tanking gear on, switching to ret and switching out trinkets would be enough to give me a bit of DPS fun in PVP, whereas prot and holy share absolutely no stats (you're not even going to really get much benefit from increased expertise). I enjoy WoW, but nowhere near enough to acquire two sets of epics.

This is where I saw why he wanted to dual spec, so he could do something different in PVP. Don't call him a fucking moron when it's you who can't read.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2009, 10:01 by Linds »
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #1109 on: 19 Apr 2009, 11:57 »

The irony of seeing Khar clearly struggling to not call person an idiot only to have that person respond by being a douche gives me a chuckle.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1110 on: 19 Apr 2009, 12:22 »

Drama up ITT.

Anyhow, Malygos is a pain in the ass when you're breaking in a relatively new healer. Gah.
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1111 on: 19 Apr 2009, 13:40 »

Just checking in to say I've been playing since Oct, so my main is still only 45, but having fun beating on things and exploring. I like running into a new area with NO idea what to expect, and if half the things there can swat me down with 2 hits, all the better.  :-D

Anyway, Human Paladin, Jimor, on Blackwater Raiders, mining/blacksmithing, with some alts in the 15-30 range so I can try out other classes and professions.

I'm not stressing about gear and precise builds until I get high enough to do some of the more interesting stuff.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1112 on: 19 Apr 2009, 15:11 »

Jesus.

This is where I saw why he wanted to dual spec, so he could do something different in PVP. Don't call him a fucking moron when it's you who can't read.
Which was stated after I had made my post referring to what had been said beforehand. I was replying to what he said first about dual spec, not what was posted after you decided you didn't like what I suggested.

But whatever, enjoy your shit "DPS" in prot gear, just don't be surprised at people when they give you a hard time about being in the wrong gear doing less DPS than the tank and 2 healers. you MUST be right obviously.

Goddamn, fucking paladins

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1113 on: 19 Apr 2009, 15:17 »

James, you're being a bit of a dick here with all the swearing and condescension. Maybe Khar isn't doing what you want him to do, but that doesn't mean it's okay to be a dick. Futzing around in the BGs with a ret spec and a bunch of tank gear or reputation blues isn't optimal, but neither is it serious business.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2009, 15:24 by Alex C »

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1114 on: 19 Apr 2009, 15:19 »

I just wish we could get through a single page of this thread without James being a condescending, know-it-all prick about someone else's play style.
JON MADE ME GAY

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #1115 on: 19 Apr 2009, 15:20 »

This is the video games forum, that means you have to NERDRAGE about shit that other people do and think that doesn't affect you in the least.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1116 on: 19 Apr 2009, 15:25 »

I pretty much have nothing to say ever about paladins because I generally know fuck all about the class.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1117 on: 19 Apr 2009, 16:07 »

Dude, my point was that he said nothing about instances and you kept bringing up instances. I was hoping that post would just end all of this nonsense because it's really annoying, but obviously not! It's a fucking game! Move on!

If paladins had more ranged attacks, I'd be all over that. I love having a pally tank in my group. Great buffs, great auras, and high damage when you know what you're doing.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1118 on: 19 Apr 2009, 17:07 »

The patch change for paladins I'm liking is that exorcism now can be used against any opponent, not just undead. With undead and demons now, it always crits. Not having a ranged attack of some kind is the biggest pain, but can't have everything.

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1119 on: 19 Apr 2009, 17:08 »

You guys are dum.

I'm so tired of my guild. I gave up my raiding slot. We have 10 or so good raiders out of 30, the officers don't bother to read strats for fights until we get there to do them. Our raid leader doesn't log on for anything except for raids. Bleh.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1120 on: 19 Apr 2009, 18:04 »

The patch change for paladins I'm liking is that exorcism now can be used against any opponent, not just undead. With undead and demons now, it always crits. Not having a ranged attack of some kind is the biggest pain, but can't have everything.

This has been a long time problem I've had as a feral Druid. Grinding/farming in a heavily populated area is just a fucking pain in the ass because I have to get right up there to tag something. They helped a bit by giving a low amount of damage to feral faerie fire in bear form, but cat form is still without a ranged attack. They've been saying for a good while that they were going to alter faerie fire so that its application would tag an enemy, but I'm still finding myself hitting shit with faerie fire, only for it to amount to little more than debuffing the thing for some douche bag Ally jumping in on something I was practically on top of.
JON MADE ME GAY

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1121 on: 19 Apr 2009, 18:15 »

This is pretty much every day of my life as a rogue.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1122 on: 19 Apr 2009, 18:45 »

Rogues at least have thrown weapons. Not exactly ideal, but not much worse off than using a bow.
JON MADE ME GAY

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #1123 on: 19 Apr 2009, 19:21 »

At least it is something to tag with?  I use my thrown weapon all the time to tag from a distance.  I'll generally tag it to get it out of wherever the hell it is, then back up a bit and charge it once it's safe to do so.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1124 on: 19 Apr 2009, 21:11 »

Faerie fire doesn't tag? I've never had that problem, but I really haven't had to compete with horde much on my druid when it comes to things I want to kill. I also rarely use faerie fire anymore because I just snag things with moonfire and just nuke them to fast to even bother with it.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1125 on: 19 Apr 2009, 21:45 »

Feral faerie fire doesn't tag things in cat form. It will aggro them, but not tag them.

I'm unsure if this has changed since 3.1, but it's happened to me as recently as a week before it hit. It didn't really come up before hitting Outland, but I hit Outland right around the same time Wrath dropped and it became an extremely apparent problem. I ended up with a lot of cases of a Death Knight death gripping something I'd hit with Faerie Fire, robbing me of the tag before it got into melee range.

Also, it's not the horde I have the problem with, it's Alliance.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1126 on: 20 Apr 2009, 05:09 »

I said horde because I'm alliance and you're horde and said alliance. Problems with opposite factions.

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1127 on: 20 Apr 2009, 08:13 »

Oh gods, noob mistake. Putting something in AH for 20s instead of 20g.  :oops:

EDIT: and then Karma smiles and gives me a nice blue weapon drop I can probably sell for 4x as much, LOL.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2009, 11:59 by Jimor »

Tyler

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • SKULLTOPUS
« Reply #1128 on: 20 Apr 2009, 12:12 »

So far I have seen Yakob and Jon and Linds on Ravencrest. Come to me, my pretties. You shall all be mine soon.
Quote from: Lunchbox
It is not wussy. There are orifices being assaulted all over the shop.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1129 on: 20 Apr 2009, 12:20 »

I've got a couple up on Ravencrest, but I haven't seen you on or I'd have said hello.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1130 on: 20 Apr 2009, 12:29 »

Rogues at least have thrown weapons. Not exactly ideal, but not much worse off than using a bow.

Actually, using a bow is god awful if you're not a hunter. Hunters have autoshot, which increases their range to 35 and eliminates the 1.5 casting speed when firing a ranged weapon. For non-hunters, bows are honest to god pretty useless when it comes to getting to a mob first thanks to casting time and because you need to train with the damned things to avoid having a ridiculous miss rate; I've never really used one for anything other than pulling in some instances on a warrior. Between the cast time, the projectile travel time, and cat form's movement speed bonus and feral charge, I'd take my kitty over my rogue every time when it comes to racing to tag a mob; if nothing else I can shift to cheetah then drop to caster once in range and nail 'em with moonfire. Thrown weapons are a bit better off since they have a .5 second casting speed, but they're still hardly ideal and often have worse attributes than ranged weapon of the equivalent item level. Personally, I have a gun equipped now and no ammo in my bags because it's worthless compared to sprint and Fan of Knives.

Also, I'm now not sure at all how much I'll play on Ravencrest 'cuz I'm switching to a guild that fits my needs a bit better now.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2009, 12:37 by Alex C »

Yakob

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #1131 on: 20 Apr 2009, 12:37 »

On my rogue, I just see my ranged slot as another place to stack attributes. I never train my thrown, bows or guns because I hardly ever pull using them and even when I do a miss still pulls the mob.

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1132 on: 20 Apr 2009, 15:29 »

There are mobs in which you can't get into melee range for 30 seconds or so. You could be doing over a hundred dps with a ranged weapon. :O

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1133 on: 20 Apr 2009, 15:46 »

So far I have seen Yakob and Jon and Linds on Ravencrest. Come to me, my pretties. You shall all be mine soon.

I saw Alex and Est (but only for 5 sec) and you. Rachel, what are your characters?

Also, I think I will be playing my DK Ceiva.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2009, 16:51 by Linds »

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1134 on: 20 Apr 2009, 15:49 »

Zediculus and Kanna.
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1135 on: 20 Apr 2009, 16:33 »

There are mobs in which you can't get into melee range for 30 seconds or so. You could be doing over a hundred dps with a ranged weapon. :O

Really? Which ones? If you can find a WotLK fight in which I really should be using ranged rather than concentrating on positioning and avoiding damage or bandaging, I'll give you a cookie. Keep in mind that I've been pushing at least 2.5k dps once buffed from pretty much the first day I had a piece or two of badge gear. If taking the time to fire off an arrow causes me to lose a a second or two of time on target, it can become a net loss rather quickly, and the discrepancy will only get worse the better my gear gets.
« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2009, 17:59 by Alex C »

Chesire Cat

• Scrabble hacker
  • Standing proudly behind unpopular opinions
« Reply #1136 on: 20 Apr 2009, 17:48 »

Alright guys, just started my first char on my first real account.

He is Chorbrak on Jaedenar, Im a lvl 15 Orcish Shaman and enjoy long walks on the beach and donations of Blues
"In this zero sum game everything given to another, reduces me"

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1137 on: 20 Apr 2009, 18:02 »

Can't donate you blues if you're not on Ravencrest!

BeoPuppy

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
  • Scare a moose, will you do the fandango?
    • Me.
« Reply #1138 on: 21 Apr 2009, 02:00 »

And I just ticked off the box 3000 quests completed.
My Art.
I was into Stumpy and the Cuntfarts before they sold out.

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1139 on: 21 Apr 2009, 03:50 »

Really? Which ones? If you can find a WotLK fight in which I really should be using ranged rather than concentrating on positioning and avoiding damage or bandaging, I'll give you a cookie. Keep in mind that I've been pushing at least 2.5k dps once buffed from pretty much the first day I had a piece or two of badge gear. If taking the time to fire off an arrow causes me to lose a a second or two of time on target, it can become a net loss rather quickly, and the discrepancy will only get worse the better my gear gets.

Hitting the mobs on Kel before the aboms get there. There's trash you shouldn't be meleeing. I'm sure I could think of half a dozen more. =P

Being a druid I know there are a lot of times where I have to just twitch patiently until I can hit a mob.

On another note, fuck XT and his fucking enrage timer and having two or three dps not pulling past 4000 so we're having a pain of a time making it. I am, however, really happy with sustained feral dps on a steady target. I'm pulling 5800 on the best attempts for 3-4 minutes. It's sexy.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2009, 03:54 by Beren »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1140 on: 21 Apr 2009, 10:42 »

The banshees actually only fire off their knockback if they're close enough to whoever has agg; meleeing them as a rogue is actually surprisingly manageable if you watch your threat. I FoK the skellies.

Most of the time though I just don't take a rogue to ke (unless we need the interrupts).

I've got some free time on the ol' raiding schedule this week, so I've decided to re-roll Bludgeon as an orc DK to farm up some cash for my Belf priest Akhilesh. Belfs are easily the lamest horde race, but Arcane Torrent is better than flasks and only costs a global cooldown. Besides, those two class selections can easily be tweaked to cover whatever class role I want.
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2009, 22:57 by Alex C »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1141 on: 25 Apr 2009, 08:46 »

God, why do I keep running into crappy shadow priests? Their job is not hard. These people should just download Event Horizon already and quit making me QQ. Christ.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2009, 08:52 by Alex C »

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1142 on: 25 Apr 2009, 10:37 »

Guy in my guild hit gold cap today.

Fucker.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2009, 10:39 by Beren »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1143 on: 25 Apr 2009, 10:53 »

Yeah, you won't ever see me hit the gold cap. Just not enough motivation; beyond a certain point it's all just bragging rights anyway. I can't really get past 15 or 20k without wondering why I even bother to loot things anymore.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2009, 10:55 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1144 on: 01 May 2009, 14:12 »

Who needs gold when you have Titanguard with blade ward on it.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #1145 on: 01 May 2009, 20:08 »

So I've started playing again - rolled a belf priest on Saurfang. It's a fairly new server (only opened in January this year), so there are plenty of low level people running about which makes questing and stuff a bit easier. I may end up transferring the toon over to another server with more people doing end-game stuff later on, but we'll see how it goes.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

messeduplilkid

• Larger than most fish
    • TheRoarer.
« Reply #1146 on: 04 May 2009, 12:39 »

Yay guild downed Yogg Saron last night!

clockworkjames

« Reply #1147 on: 04 May 2009, 16:20 »

We can only do razorscale and the first dude, but the molten rocks guy was at 12% tonite :) Good fun.

In other news 10g40s repair bill per death is... soul destroying.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #1148 on: 04 May 2009, 20:29 »

Oh yeah and I started playing again. Fuck this game. Level 12 human paladin on Darkspear EU.

Started a new account?
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

thegreatbuddha

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #1149 on: 05 May 2009, 17:18 »

Anyone roll ally on Altar of Storms?

Just /gquit over some BS and am looking to MT for a guild not filled with douchery
I want to be able to tell my kids about the days when the internet was an uncontrolled haven for outlaws such as myself.
Kind of like the old west but with keyboards and nobody is having sex.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 53   Go Up