THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 05:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 651167 times)

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1250 on: 12 Jun 2009, 11:45 »

Fuck basic flight form. Fuck it right in the ass. Figures that as I'm just about 1000 gold from swift, they're talking about buffing flight form speed in the next patch.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Llewellian

• Furry furrier
  • Kraut ;o)
« Reply #1251 on: 12 Jun 2009, 13:06 »

Not only this. According to the 3.2 pre-patch-info from Blizz, lowest riding skill will be available at Lvl 20 now, epic at 40, flight at 60, epic flight at 70. Oh, and you start with mounts and riding as cheap as 5 gold then.

@Obsessions:

Strat farming is not for runecloth, yes, serverdependend selling that brings a nice extra penny, but if you are good in gear, no matter what sort of character you are, with 80 you clear Strat in about 20 mins. Even Magicans in greens and blues can do that.

And if you loot every shit and silver the dead NPCs have with them, you leave with (incl. selling crap at merchant npcs) around 100-150 g in 20 mins. Do that for an hour.... (like "a daily"), reset the instance... all'sgood. Yeah, there are forms far more profitable to get money, but Strat can be done with hitting only 2 keys, dont having to travel around much and so on.
9 out of 10 voices in my head tell me that i am not mad. The 10th hums the Tetris Tune.

Beren

• Curry sauce
« Reply #1252 on: 14 Jun 2009, 12:50 »

I always enjoyed leveling alts the most, and now that I quit they make it more fun. Erggh stop tempting me Blizzard.
All About Strange Beasts of the Present

20 jazz funk greats

• The Tickler
  • ~*~*~*~*~
    • tumblrs are cool right
« Reply #1253 on: 14 Jun 2009, 13:09 »

i am pretty excited about 3.2 and actually being able to afford my epic mount! yessss.
Quote from: KvP
When our powers combine we are awkward internet
Quote from: Jace
All Canadians are two to four Welsh Corgis in a human suit.
http://nowaver.tumblr.com
http://twitter.com/witchykeen

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1254 on: 14 Jun 2009, 13:38 »

The Argent Tournament is fucking fantastic for casuals. This week, I've gotten my Staff of Feral Furies and I've managed to pass the 3,000 gold mark for the first time. Between the AT and Sons of Hodir dailies, I've made around 1500 gold in two weeks without even touching the auction house (Though now I'm using my abundance of borean leather to sell bags on the AH for a little supplemental).

I'm a li'l impatient with the Argent Tournament, personally; it'll be great when the patches hit and it becomes something more than a daily quest rep grind. That said, I can bang out the dailies so fast (particularly since I combine the 15 scourge kills quest with the Ebon Blade "Leaving our mark quest" for extra change) that I feel like it'd be really petty to whine about it. Even as a raider it's quick, easy money and more than a few of my guildies use the rewards to fill in the few remaining holes left in their alt's off specs. My druid alt is definitely intended to be a spare tank first and a healer second, but between crafted epics and the AT quest rewards, I can get by as tree in Naxx just fine without having to really step on anyone's toes when it comes to passing out the gear once the boss is downed. Besides, as I've said before, my server was the first pure non-migration server Blizz created in ages, so the general population is fairly inexperienced and way behind the curve gear wise; people simply don't grab random dudes from trade chat and go do naxx 25 successfully here. Anyone who can potentially fill a wide variety of roles is stupidly valuable here on Grizzly Hills, so raiding guild alts tend to be geared accordingly.
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2009, 13:41 by Alex C »
the ship has Dr. Pepper but not Mr. Pibb; it's an absolute goddamned travesty

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1255 on: 14 Jun 2009, 13:54 »

As a rogue, I don't really have a leg to stand on in regards to this issue, but this still made me lol:

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1256 on: 14 Jun 2009, 20:01 »

Haha, nice. I kind of want to know what Holy Shit, Buttons! actually does...
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #1257 on: 14 Jun 2009, 20:36 »

Ok, I have got to stop reading this thread, it's bringing the WoW urges back. and I'm already doing badly enough on my assignments.
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #1258 on: 14 Jun 2009, 21:08 »

For the moment I am still pretty glad I canceled/put my account on hold.  However, all this talk of new content and upcoming patches adding more stuff and etc etc is makin' me happy that when I do eventually reactivate my account (and I will, I am almost sure of it) I'll have a bunch of new stuff to come back to :)

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #1259 on: 14 Jun 2009, 21:10 »

Strangely enough axerton I check into this thread now and then as well, and the funny thing is looking at this thread has only kept my resolve strong for not playing WoW. Maybe its because I never maxed out a character in the couple years I played but goddamn I never thought anyone could make a game so dry like you guys do. Before this thread happened I would've never compared WoW to say, EvE Online, but from reading this thread it all just looks like another stat spreadsheet.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1260 on: 14 Jun 2009, 22:02 »

The game isn't actually all that dry, at least not in my guild, anyway, despite the fact that we raid. We tend to have our good days (clearing out Naxx 25 in under two hours, no wipes, 4 deaths, one of which was on frogger, the other on a DC and two people who fail at dancing  :roll:) followed by moments of being really damned stupid and somehow wiping on Emalon immediately afterwards. The last bit was really kinda funny though, in context. Or, at least vent was pretty entertaining, anyway.
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2009, 22:11 by Alex C »

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1261 on: 14 Jun 2009, 23:51 »

Up until ulduar the content have been pretty boring honestly. Naxx is a joke looking at the difficulty. However, ulduar give a few new chalanges where you most of all need to coordinate what you are doing and deadly boss mods can't do it for you. I'm hoping alot on the new content as well, allthough my guild haven't even cleared Ulduar 10 yet. General is a bitch for our healers. (Oh look green goo, far away from the tank, let's all go and stand in it!)

Achives are however one of the worst things ever. I am a pretty good player and I know what I'm doing, but when you can't come naxx10 due to not being able to link the achive with your alt, it's plain silly.
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1262 on: 15 Jun 2009, 00:09 »

I'd like Ulduar a lot better if they quit nerfing the crap out of it.

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1263 on: 15 Jun 2009, 00:20 »

Agreed.
Creationists make it sound as though a "theory" is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
-Isaac Asimov

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1264 on: 15 Jun 2009, 05:32 »

The only thing that irritated me with achievements was that mine said I did none of the old dungeons and barely explored Azeroth. Which I did. But really, not having the dungeon achievements encouraged me to start soloing the low level ones which really is quite fun. It's a fun break from questing and since I'm not in a raiding guild anymore, I don't really have the need to level rapidly, so hey. Also, I like the new content a whole hell of a lot more than I did in Outland. More of the story line is involved.

I think I need to stop reading this thread, though, for the same reasons as Axerton...

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #1265 on: 15 Jun 2009, 05:41 »

I actually cancelled my subscription finally.  I'm going through and will probably delete my characters so I don't start up again since I really don't have the time or money for it.  I have until July 3 to decide on this. 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Llewellian

• Furry furrier
  • Kraut ;o)
« Reply #1266 on: 15 Jun 2009, 15:37 »

Try to get some money out of the time you played. Sell your account on Ebay... heck, even if you should get only 5 dollars out of it, thats a cool pack of beer to spend with friends in your now free sparetime. Just do not forget to delete all financial data in your account and change the address to some nonsense. Oh, and leave your guild and tell your guildies to delete you from the friendslist. Same to all your friendslists you have on your chars.
9 out of 10 voices in my head tell me that i am not mad. The 10th hums the Tetris Tune.

clockworkjames

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Grammar Nazi vs Illiterate Jew
« Reply #1267 on: 16 Jun 2009, 16:50 »

I spent the last 2 days after work balancing gear.

I'm happy with it but everyone else seems to think stacking stam is the be all and end all to tanking, they might be right but if they aren't... I'm the hit and exp capped one with massive avoidance and no shield block HAH!

(seriously more than 10 gems, most of which got socketed over within an hour and numerous enchants and gear swappings)

I would trade 17 hit rating for 64hp though...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Melville
still new here, didn't wanna piss anyone off

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1268 on: 16 Jun 2009, 18:59 »

Yeah, some of the health bar fascism I've seen going around is getting fairly ridiculous. A dude in my guild just got his new his warrior alt to 80 3 days ago. I ended up filling in the last dps slot in his H-UP pug with my rogue because some mage saw his 24k base hps and immediately quit the group. I mean, okay, yeah, you're not going to be eating Frozen Blows like that but that's exactly why we were doing H-UP instead of taking on servants of the Titans.  :roll:

I'll admit that sometimes I look at people's gear when deciding to go into a group or not, but I'm mostly just seeing to make sure they have an idea what the hell they're doing. My guildmate had dutifully done his homework and met the defense soft cap and had every starter blue you could ask for from a beginning tank plus his Titansteel Shieldwall. Heroics are not serious business and everyone has to start somewhere. The funny part is that this mage is from a recent transfer guild. I hate to be the one to break it to him, but not every warrior he groups with on Grizzly Hills is going to have the same hp pool as ilevel 200+ geared bear. I can't wait until he meets some of the other jokers we have lurking around in trade chat claiming to be tanks. 24k hp warrior tanks will be the least of his worries.

[EDIT] This is the third week in a row in which my server/battle group crashed on Tuesday night, which also happens to be when we try to get the bulk of our raiding done.  :x
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2009, 19:49 by Alex C »

Covetous

• Larger than most fish
  • Swedish Turnip
« Reply #1269 on: 16 Jun 2009, 23:19 »

HP fetish was more of a problem in TBC imho. But now days I only put pure stam in crapy socket bonus and blue sockets. Defence is a really good stat now days. But knowing what to do is (almost) always more important than gear.

Yesterday was a good day. After some counting we realized we can start up our TBC guild again and start doing 10-man instances. Like 5 people leaving warhammer online due to the crapy servers in europe and restarting wow. Since 3 of them are unemployed and one can actually wow at his work I expect them to become lvl 80 quite soon.

[EDIT] http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kazzak&n=Calzi
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2009, 00:20 by Covetous »
-Isaac Asimov

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1270 on: 16 Jun 2009, 23:47 »

I looked at your char sheet James and all I can think of is how that stupid Repelling Charge is currently driving one of our offtanks absolutely up the wall because it refuses to drop for him. Normally that wouldn't be too big of a deal, but it would make his life much easier to at least have it in his bags so he could tank Hodir's Frozen Blows without having to juggle quite so much gear to avoid crippling his defense rating when we do Uld10s. Being able to tack on that much defense with a trinket must be damn nice.
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2009, 01:01 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1271 on: 17 Jun 2009, 17:24 »

You have NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I WENT THROUGH FOR THAT.

8% drop chance.

Numerous naxx 10 runs failing after a wipe or 2 on grobb due to poison clouds and scrubs...

No drops until one day... an ex guildy of mine inv's me along to naxx 10, on thadd... RL is an undergeared warrior tank with ML on... I figure I will just go along for one boss, down him then log but no... the trink dropped...

He asks me to link my trinks, I say fuck it, he won it fair and square, dude PUTS IT IN MY FUCKING BAG.

Needless to say I was shocked, he said "Rather not lose 57 stam from my current trink" as he had gossamer and the MGT tank trink, I was awestruck. I cleared the SHIT out of the other 2 quarters, let him decide what he did and didn't want to tank, held back HUGELY on threat so he could stay ahead, dude was nice as hell and a sick tank, just mega undergeared.

He died on KT at 70% where I decided to then tank KT+Adds down for clear. Good night, new friend, so I sent him 2 stoneblood flasks, a 275hp ench for chest, 20 doughnuts, 55stam22agi leg patch, some tanking ench's I saw he had missing, basically gave the dude a few hundred G of tanking essentials after he refused my offer of 300 or so G I had on me at the time.

He mailed me back saying it was in the top 2 nicest things anyone has ever done in his 3 years of playing WoW, shit like that makes it all worth while.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1272 on: 17 Jun 2009, 21:00 »

I love it when people are nice in game. When I was in my 40s, some random 70 saw me standing in Stormwind and decided that my gear needed some help (which it did), so she went and bought me a bunch of pieces and then helped me get up 5 levels in one night. Then I ended up raiding with her once I got up to 70, which was weird, but pretty awesome.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1273 on: 18 Jun 2009, 09:49 »

I'm basically a dick in game.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1274 on: 18 Jun 2009, 15:09 »

I have don e some nice things for lowbies, but you tend to regret it when they add you to their friends list and msg you while you are raiding asking you to help them with 10 quests in grizzly hills.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1275 on: 18 Jun 2009, 15:33 »

All joking aside, I just tend to limit my overt generosity to my Druid alt for the very reasons you just mentioned. Plus, you know, I main a rogue; the true neophytes typically don't use damage meters or run aggro monitors and so they don't quite realize just exactly how much sheer damage and aggro frontloading I bring to the table (I <3 Tricks of the Trade+FoK; it's a godsend when working with inexperienced tanks). If anything they just want some gold or into my guild. But my poor Bear/Tree alt? I get swamped with tells on that guy. It probably doesn't help that every 3rd player is a DPS death knight at this point either.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1276 on: 18 Jun 2009, 17:09 »

I've only ever been overly nice to other guild members. Otherwise my niceness happens to be passing out flasks, etc to people I'm grouped with. Otherwise I run around by my lonesome. I like soloing mostly for the fact that most people who play this game are really freaking annoying. Also then you get all the loot and xp to yourself, bwahaha.

messeduplilkid

• Larger than most fish
    • TheRoarer.
« Reply #1277 on: 20 Jun 2009, 00:06 »

To counter act all the nice things that you guys do in game.

A friend of mine was in 25 man naxx with his guild which is done via Loot Council. Loot Master obviously being the Guild Leader. During the raid piece after piece was offered as side grades to the cliques or to friends not even in the guild over guildies in greens. It eventually gets late and they call it quits at KT, so they can finish it fresh the next night.

My friend calls me at 11 in the morning, "I have a raid ID for 25 man naxx. But we have to clear it before 7PM server". We end up pugging the entire raid, Ninja'ing what we needed, Auctioning the 7.5 helmets, and his guild chat gets the lovely: "Vampwang has completed Naxxramas" Achievement in the middle of the afternoon.

Luckily the GM was on at the time and stupidly asks in guild, "How did you get that achievement when you ran with us last night?".

Que G-quit. Que virtual high fives.

Ninja Raid ID, Ninja Loot, Ninja G-quit.

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1278 on: 20 Jun 2009, 01:47 »

Honestly, you kinda have to expect such things from a dude named Vampwang.

Nodaisho

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #1279 on: 22 Jun 2009, 00:08 »

So, I'm planning on starting playing WoW. I have played some MMOs before, mainly EQII, but I've got a real life friend that plays WoW, so I'm going to give it another spin. I've been reading up on it, trying to figure out what I want to do, but I want some advice.

In EQ2, I play a swashbuckler (rogue) and a shadowknight. The Swashbuckler is pretty standard DPS with some abilities that give threat to a groupmate and some others that drop threat by a pretty big amount. With him, I open up hard early and then drop the aggro once I get it from the tank, leaving him with a good amount more aggro than he would have normally. The shadowknight is more geared towards group tanking/off-tanking, enough threat to be able to take the reins when our main tank gets too hurt, enough damage to not be useless otherwise, and enough self-healing to be able to solo or duo well, and tank waves of really difficult enemies (orange-con ^^^ heroics, four at a time, if you know EQ lingo) when I've got the right group, even though that was a miraculously beautiful group.

Anyway, that is just to give you an idea of what I like playing. When I played WoW, it was summer of '06, before BC came out. I tried a few classes, but I found a problem, I just couldn't get my spam on like I wanted to. I like always having abilities to use, timing them, never having to sit back and watch my character trade hits with an enemy as I keep an eye on that timer. At higher levels, can I start spamming with the rogue? If not, what can I do so with? And do you still have to have a level 55 character to play a Death Knight?
I took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #1280 on: 22 Jun 2009, 05:42 »

I do believe so, but that may change in the future. And really, every class has its cooldowns. From what you talked about, maybe a rogue or a paladin might suit you? Or even maybe a shaman. I mean, the first 10 levels are really boring, but once you get to about 20 things start picking up. Really you just kind of have to try the classes out and see how you like them.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1281 on: 22 Jun 2009, 09:27 »

As someone who played EQ II as well, I have to say WoW is a lot better and much more fun. EQ II's not bad per se, it's just too low in population for anything but high level content to be any fun.

I'd agree with Linds that a Rogue would be well suited if you're into spamming DPS. That's pretty much what I was doing by level forty.
JON MADE ME GAY

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1282 on: 22 Jun 2009, 10:39 »

I would point out though that playing a rogue well consists of controlled spamming, at least at the raid level; when you're soloing normal mobs mashing works fine because things aren't going to live through more than a combo or two and mashing maximizes your DPS at the cost of damage per energy, a non-issue when grinding. But in a raid setting the hardest habit for new rogues to break seems to be the urge to mash Sinister Strike as fast as the global cool down allows. If you want to eke out those last bits of damage you could be doing, then you need to learn when to pool/burn energy in order to maintain cycles that max out uptime on skills like Slice and Dice and Rupture, so patience is still a bit of a virtue. That said, when you play a rogue, you'll always be mere seconds away from hitting a button, and you actually can get away with just mashing 'till 5 combo points are available and do reasonable to very good damage, you just won't ever hit your full potential against raid bosses playing that way. And trash pulls? Those are total spam fests.

Anyway though, your EQ characters do sound quite similar to the way rogues and death knights operate. The Tricks of the Trade ability rogues get at level 75, for example, allows you to take all the aggro youg generate for 6 seconds and dump it on the party member of their choosing, which is obviously a great for pulling while Vanish is an instant aggro dump and escape tool. Meanwhile Death knights are a DPS/Tank hybrid class that has several attacks that allows limited self-healing.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2009, 18:51 by Alex C »

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1283 on: 22 Jun 2009, 20:38 »

I'm starting to think that the Mjolnir Runestone will drop or that patch 3.2 will hit before I get my greedy paws on Grim Toll (and no, we haven't done Thorim hardmode yet). It just will not drop for my guild; it dropped for I think the second time in ages and there's just far too many people it's good for.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2009, 20:43 by Alex C »

Nodaisho

« Reply #1284 on: 22 Jun 2009, 22:26 »

As someone who played EQ II as well, I have to say WoW is a lot better and much more fun. EQ II's not bad per se, it's just too low in population for anything but high level content to be any fun.
I didn't have a problem with that, I tended to do mostly soloing (which made the Shadowknight great, since I had self-heals, great armor, decent damage, an evac, and an oh-shit nuke every 5 minutes) or duoing (a self-healing tank makes it so much easier), with some groups on occasion. Having a good guild makes a big difference, I have yet to find an MMO I would play nearly as much if I didn't have a clan/guild.

So the rogue allows you to run up combos pretty well? Sounds like my type of thing then, I'll try that and the paladin, then the Death Knight when I can. I don't have a problem with having to pull back on my energy usage in more difficult situations, I just want to always have options of what I can be doing. The low level rogue bored me because I was having to wait, not having to decide when it would be best to do something. I have the most fun when I'm having to focus on my aggro, my recharge timers, the health of the tank and the mobs, incoming adds, and the like, then picking the best thing to do, over and over.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1285 on: 23 Jun 2009, 10:48 »

Soloing is so much easier and more fulfilling in WoW. I was able to grind from 1-80 on my first character in WoW in less time than it took me to grind to level 40 in EQ2, without a guild. Though, I did have the advantage of the Recruit-a-Friend triple XP bonus.
JON MADE ME GAY

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1286 on: 23 Jun 2009, 11:51 »

So the rogue allows you to run up combos pretty well?

Yeah, the class is basically built around a relationship between your energy (which constantly regenerates) and combo points. Once you have your full suite of moves the class mostly consists of running up some combo points with the combo point generator of your choice (typically Sinister Strike or Mutilate these days) and then deciding whether you want to spend combo points and energy on sustained damage via dots, buffs/debuffs, try to end things quickly with direct damage or simply avoid incoming damage with a stun. Obsessions is at the point in the game where the right answer almost always comes down to the stun (Kidney Shot) or the direct damage (Eviscerate), but in raid settings with more durable mobs that typically ends up costing you too much damage output in the long run. For example, last night I was typically maintaining a buff on myself (Slice and Dice), a debuff on my opponent (Expose Armor) as well as trying to keep my dot (Rupture) up whenever possible, which can be a bit tricky considering none of those effects lasts much longer than 30 seconds per application and that they all consume combo points rather than generate them.

[EDIT] You know how I mentioned that my guild is pretty fun recently? I just want to say again how stupidly happy I am with it. We're hardly top flight, but guilds here disband so often that I kinda gave up for a while and just accepted that I was consigned to the Naxx 10 pug ghettos. Luckily, I got into my current one via the backdoor; a couple highly geared former guildies of mine insisted I get in as a condition of their joining. PH already had several rogues with decent attendance so this was done somewhat grudgingly. A few guys didn't show up for a raid though, and before you know it I ended up outdpsing all the rogues but one despite being vastly out geared, which quickly convinced them to put me on the fast track to some neat gear. My armory even looks halfway respectable now. Now, if only I could replace that damned helmet and cloak...
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2009, 12:33 by Alex C »

clockworkjames

« Reply #1287 on: 23 Jun 2009, 17:23 »

Did the last of the fire festival things today, was fun. Think I might just stomp out some more fires over the next 2 weeks for an insane amount of easy free gold, and to get the pet and brazier.

Other than that I did dailies while theorycrafting my tits off,

5.6% crit chance on you from raid boss, takes 689 def rating to make the 140 def or you could use 472 res, 1 res = approx 0.01186% crit chance reduction and 1 def rating = about 0.00812% crit chance reduction, so I am now under def softcap but still crit immune as the 15 res 40 stam shoulder ench is better for me than def/dodge shoulder ench even if I lose some block and avoidance I gain 40 stam which gets me nicely over 30k while still soft exp capped and hit capped.

For anyone wanting to do something similar, please look over my figures and see if I have cocked up anywhere, on my armoury my pants show a 8def12stam gem but to change this to 8crit12stam to still be crit immune but with a tiny bit more threat and fraction less survivability from def giving me avoidance and mitigation, as atm from def I am getting 5.48% towards the necessary 5.6% for crit immunity from def and 0.18 from my res giving me 5.66% giving me 0.06% to get shot of, translates to 7.38 ish def to get rid of, rounded up to 7, would I still need the 8 def rating to stay crit immune...

Depending on how many figures it actually counts to where blizz looks at it, now if I could just find an avoidance/def macro that takes res into account...

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Melville

Kukla

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1288 on: 23 Jun 2009, 21:45 »

Soloing is so much easier and more fulfilling in WoW. I was able to grind from 1-80 on my first character in WoW in less time than it took me to grind to level 40 in EQ2, without a guild. Though, I did have the advantage of the Recruit-a-Friend triple XP bonus.

We really didn't even get 30% of the potential of that though. Most of the time was spent with either me catching up to you (before level 40), or you trying to catch up to me. It was nice, and I think it's a great feature, but I regret the wasted time.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1289 on: 24 Jun 2009, 03:13 »

1. Make second e-mail account
2. Send recruit a friend email inv to new e-mail address
3. Make new WoW account for 7 quid and dual box
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!!

Go something worthwhile to lv though, synergy like priest/warrior or rogue/druid, or a pally and a... pally?

I levelled disc and prot, it was kinda slow but I only died about 3 times questing from 1-60 not including getting ganked.

Kukla

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #1290 on: 24 Jun 2009, 18:17 »

1. Make second e-mail account
2. Send recruit a friend email inv to new e-mail address
3. Make new WoW account for 7 quid and dual box
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!!

Go something worthwhile to lv though, synergy like priest/warrior or rogue/druid, or a pally and a... pally?

I levelled disc and prot, it was kinda slow but I only died about 3 times questing from 1-60 not including getting ganked.

I'm aware how RAF works, and don't have any particular intention of doing it again.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1291 on: 26 Jun 2009, 12:49 »

Fair doo's, I only did it because it takes half the time and at the end I can sell a vanilla account with a bunch of 60's. for more than the 8 quid I paid.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #1292 on: 29 Jun 2009, 22:36 »

Hmmmmm...interesting.

Probably won't be doing that myself, but interesting nonetheless.
JON MADE ME GAY

Llewellian

• Furry furrier
  • Kraut ;o)

Jimor

• Lovecraftian nightmare
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #1294 on: 30 Jun 2009, 12:47 »

As far as realm balance, just have a rule that unless the Horde/Alliance ratio is within 10%, the switch can only be from strong --> weak faction.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

clockworkjames

« Reply #1295 on: 30 Jun 2009, 13:24 »

That's retarded, so perhaps only half a guild can swap over if it makes it a 11% imbalance?

I might do this and see how my main rolls with my mates on boulderfist...

Dwarf > tauren?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1296 on: 30 Jun 2009, 14:14 »

It's too bad they have an atrocious array of racial abilities though. They're probably the only alliance race I couldn't be talked into now, which is a shame, since thematically they'd be my top pick. My favorite part is how they removed treasure chests from WotLK content but left in the racial ability to find them. Now that is some vigorous shafting!
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2009, 14:17 by Alex C »

Nodaisho

« Reply #1297 on: 30 Jun 2009, 17:11 »

I think EQ2 did faction changes pretty well. Maybe it wouldn't go so well with the way WoW is set up, but in EQ2, you had to go through hell to get your faction changed. Earlier on, you could only do it at really early levels as well, but they made it a bit easier since. I'm pretty sure you can only betray once, which prevents guilds from hopping back and forth, and on PVP servers, you have both factions gunning for you, as well as anyone else that is currently exiled, and on top of that, the normal level limits on who can attack you to prevent 80s ganking 10s don't exist when you are exiled.

Why hadn't it been done before in WoW? What was the worry?

Alex C

• comeback tour!
« Reply #1298 on: 30 Jun 2009, 17:39 »

Well, first off, faction rivalries are kind of a core piece of Warcraft history. The orcs and the humans have literally been fighting to the death since the orcs poked their noses through the dark portal and started killing everyone they could get their hands on. With all the rivalry and faction specific mounts, items, achievements (and at one point even faction specific classes), it just would have been weird to up and have a gnome swap sides and start tooling around on his shiny new worg. Plus, this way Blizzard gets to monetize it.

kemon

• Furry furrier
  • seriously
« Reply #1299 on: 01 Jul 2009, 03:30 »

from what i've read and understand about the faction change, there will not be horde gnomes.   you will have to change to a legal horde race for your class.   so a gnome lock would become an undead lock.  for it to be otherwise would take a massive shift in the whole concept of the game.   blizz would have to allow characters to start on the wrong side as well.  as cool as that would be in my opinion (even better would be every race allowed every class),  it seems like too big a stretch for blizz to push it.

i think it's funny how the thread that llewellian linked went so nuts about races on the wrong side.  like tab targetting would no longer work for some reason.
biting's excellent.  it's like kissing, only there's a winner.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 53   Go Up